Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Say I Love You.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 22, 2012 8:19 AM
Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We got to know the myster girl and Megu's true story.

Party party.

Dec 22, 2012 9:29 AM

Nov 2007
Meg confronting her true feeling to her truly caring friend. There's another person who's helping out, who is big breast girl. And Meg changed both her personality and hair!

Summer now? So fast, and it's summer festival time. Mother's encouraging Mei to be with Yamato!!

Meg and Kai are unexpectedly in good terms. Nice inserted song / ED song ("Sarari (さらり)" by Suneohair) during the firework. So it was her memory.

Pretty instrumental / piano ED. It does have a feeling that this ep. is final ep., but there's more.
tsubasaloverDec 22, 2012 6:43 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 22, 2012 10:35 AM
Sep 2012
The girls looked very pretty in their yukatas. Megu is finally being herself with her best friend so that's good. Her and Kai are getting along as well. The next episode is the final episode, boo.
Dec 22, 2012 10:43 AM

Nov 2011

Well, this episode was bittersweet imo. It's about time Megumi pulled it back together. Anyways, not much drama except in the first half. The second half was just a relaxing watch with the fireworks and yukata. Yes, Mei looked cute in that and so did most of the others.

Damn, I want to go to one of those Japan festivals someday. Anyways, nice episode. I wonder how they're going to wrap the series up cause that ending looked like a "say I love you" ending as in happy end.
Dec 22, 2012 10:48 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Sweet, salty, spicy. Was she considering which she liked best, or how to best combine all three? ;)

Given how much I hated school and everything about it, I don't think I'll ever really truly understand the symbolism behind the desk being used as intimidation.
Dec 22, 2012 11:17 AM

Jun 2011
^_^ I think I like Megumi a lot more now that we get to see why she acted the way she did and her true self. 0.0 And I like her better with short hair, it suits her facial structure a lot more.

And has anyone besides me noticed that Mei's hair is starting to get longer? XD

...Last edit... >) NEXT WEEK IS THE SICK-DAY EPISODE?! YES! I LOVE THOSE SO MUCH, I WANTED ANOTHER ANIME WITH THAT IN IT~! T.T But it's the last...!
SeerofWordsDec 22, 2012 11:31 AM
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Dec 22, 2012 11:19 AM

Jan 2012
I thought that Momo girl was just a random overly obsessed fan of Megu, but it all makes sense now that they revealed that she was Megu's childhood friend.

I loved the interaction between Megu and Kai.
Mei lokoed so cute at the end.

I'm sad that there's only one episode left though because it always leaves a big smile on my face whenever the problems were solved.
Though this episode did feel like the last one, so I'm wondering what is going to happen in the last episode.
I'm guessing it will have something to do with Kai and his feelings for Mei.

I'm hoping they at least show an older Yamato and Mei in the next episode at the end.

penguindrum264Dec 22, 2012 11:26 AM
Dec 22, 2012 11:21 AM

Jun 2008
Sure, Megumi looks better now, too, and I'm glad all of that's over, but Mei looked much better in the yukata with her hair like that~ If this was the final episode, the producers would have done a good job with that unlike what happens to lots of other anime, but it seems there's going to be another episode... :O
Dec 22, 2012 11:28 AM

Feb 2012
penguindrum264 said:

I'm hoping they at least show an older Yamato and Mei in the next episode at the end.

manga is ongoing, so probably not.
Dec 22, 2012 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
That felt like it was the last episode, I'm happy there's another one coming up but at the same time it feels a bit weird. I wonder what's going to happen next.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 22, 2012 12:05 PM

Dec 2009
The episode really felt like the last one, and the ED only emphasized the feeling. I guess the final episode might just be a 'bonus' for the fans.
Ara ara.
Dec 22, 2012 12:35 PM

Aug 2011
THEY SKIPPED THE HAYAKAWA PART. Now it feels so sudden that Hayakawa and Chiharu are going out, and that's not good. D'': I wished they showed that part. D'':

This episode was really good. I can actually like Megu, now. Mei looked so adorable in that yukata. >//<

I thought it was the end until they pulled that last part out. XD Oh well. Looking forward to the last episode.
Dec 22, 2012 12:59 PM

Apr 2012
I was bored. Hope the last episode is better.
Dec 22, 2012 1:04 PM

Jan 2008
Whoa, Megumi changed to Sex Hair. Me like.
I was calling her a b*tch but she realised being one herself in this episode and that earns her some points (and I love her new view of life). I also like how someone finally said "WHO CARES" in this show because God, how they make problems out of every little thing without talking it over.
Mei's Mum elegantly sums up why do you have to buy Yukata in Tokimeki Memorial.
CiaraDec 22, 2012 1:11 PM
Dec 22, 2012 1:30 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Ciara said:
Mei's Mum elegantly sums up why do you have to buy Yukata in Tokimeki Memorial.
Us guys get distracted easily. It's best to make the effort to keep us focused or we'll wander off and play a video game or something.
Dec 22, 2012 1:42 PM

Aug 2007
Hah, I'm surprised they added in Hayakawa and Chiharu there during the festival montage being that their story was CUT from the anime, so if you haven't read the manga yet you'll have no idea who that girl is.

I'm surprised this wasn't the LAST cause it felt like the last episode. I wish the scanlations would pick up again, cause I'd like to read the chapter/s this episode covers!
Dec 22, 2012 1:58 PM

Jan 2011
This episode really felt like a finale, I wonder what the are actually going to do in the last episode.
Dec 22, 2012 2:35 PM

Jul 2009
Momo is much cuter anyway. Just sayin~
Dec 22, 2012 2:42 PM

Sep 2011
Gotta agree, this did feel like the last one. It really gave the vibe that it was. Who knows what's gonna happen in the next one.. Hopefully they don't introduce another character or drama.

Kurogashi said:
Momo is much cuter anyway. Just sayin~
They pretty much all look alike, except the hairstyles and colors. Meh. But Megu's new haircut makes her look a bit crazy - they could have designed it a bit better. I know that in Japanese culture that there is a heavy symbolism behind a female cutting her hair - it means to start fresh or something along those lines. So I found that interesting. Makes me wanna cut my hair (not really).
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 22, 2012 2:48 PM

Jun 2009
tsubasalover said:
Nice inserted song / ED song ("Sarari (さらり) by Suneohair) during the firework. So it was her memory.

Pretty instrumental / piano ED..

Thanks, I was looking for this!
BoobehDec 22, 2012 2:57 PM
Dec 22, 2012 2:50 PM

Feb 2011
Absolutely gorgeous !!
Dec 22, 2012 4:09 PM

Jan 2012
A really nice episode. Mei looked real nice in a yukata.

Dec 22, 2012 4:23 PM

Apr 2010
Felt like a last episode.
Dec 22, 2012 5:03 PM

Aug 2009
Why does it feel like finale when there is one more? XD
Dec 22, 2012 5:23 PM

Jan 2011
I guess we'll just have to watch to find out. I don't think there is enough left in the ongoing manga for a second season yet, but they may be able to find a good stopping point next week. We've passed the scanned episodes so I have no idea what is coming up next.

I think I'd opt for a little cliffhanger over an anime original ending next week.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 22, 2012 5:30 PM
Sep 2009
tsubasalover said:

Nice inserted song / ED song ("Sarari (さらり) by Suneohair) during the firework. So it was her memory.

Know anywhere I can listen to it? I can't find it on youtube and am having trouble finding it anywhere else :/
Dec 22, 2012 5:41 PM

Dec 2012
wd0 said:
tsubasalover said:

Know anywhere I can listen to it? I can't find it on youtube and am having trouble finding it anywhere else :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mk6dWplSIo

Pretty sure this is it
Dec 22, 2012 5:48 PM
Sep 2009
tommythecat said:
wd0 said:
tsubasalover said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mk6dWplSIo

Pretty sure this is it

Wow thanks a lot! Don't think I would have ever found it with that title on the video. They really do choose good songs for the series including OP/ED
Dec 22, 2012 6:06 PM

Nov 2012
Ok, this episode wasn't anything new for me since I already saw the raw manga chapters, where all of this happened and more. Let me just say this for those who don't know...the manga chapters that covered this were nothing like this episode. Yes, the Megumi parts happened(differently of course), she did cut her hair(not until later tho), and the parts with Mei and her crew did happen...but very differently. I won't ruin it for you but, if you already saw raw chapters where this stuff happened, you would be a little disappointed with this episode. Anyway, the episode was still cute, although Mei's hair still isn't LONG enough(yes it grew more but, not as long as it should be lol). Oh and I hope you see what I mean(for those who remeber my episode 11 post) about how I actually come to like Megumi, and her hair is even cuter short. I would love the episode even more if I didn't know how it should have really went...but oh well it was still fun to watch.
xxXKittyXxxDec 23, 2012 10:46 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 6:22 PM
Jun 2009
i LOVE the new Megumi. her hair was a highlight of this episode.
anyway I'm gonna rate this anime 7, I think. not bad/
Dec 22, 2012 10:00 PM

Sep 2007
I have a feeling this was meant to be the last episode.... and the next ep is just a bonus/ova fliller kind of thing.....maybe?

Ahh....soo glad that the "Yamato running off to Meg's side" wasn't misinterpreted as "OMG he still has feelings for Meg" thing or something but at the same time this feels all super rushed.

Also.... I kinda wished to see Mei with longer hair. I mean...it seems to have grown a lot by the time it was festival time but with the bit they showed during the credits it looked like she cut her hair again D=
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 22, 2012 11:00 PM

Nov 2012
Primdoos said:
This episode felt like the last one, lol, though there is still one left, coming next week. Beautiful ending of the episode.

Well I disliked Megu before this episode, but I think I kinda understand her now.

i also thought that this episode is the last, if they end it here it would be a nice ending, but im going to wait next week to see if it's going to have an epic ending.

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 22, 2012 11:08 PM

Oct 2008
It looks like Megu is slightly redeemed in my eyes from these last two episodes.
She had her own issues of self-confidence and self-worth.
I hope that they do show that Megu and Mei are able to reconcile as well.

And Yamato.... that facial expression when you gazed on Mei's yataka was priceless.
It defined exactly the phrase "She's so beautiful that I'm left speechless."
Dec 22, 2012 11:41 PM

Jun 2012
Wow was not expecting a finale kind of episode, I mean we were exploring Megu's problems the first half and then a "this is how far we've come" second half.

This kind of straightforward shojo is perfect for one reason, any longer and it would feel forced on the main couple, unlike Tonari which NEEDS a season 2
Dec 22, 2012 11:41 PM

Nov 2011
Loved how megu is now standing up for herself

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 23, 2012 1:20 AM

Jan 2011
That was a pretty fantastic ending. It's going to kinda suck if ep13 can't close it like that.
Dec 23, 2012 3:39 AM
Jun 2008
yamato tell mei keep on his sister to check on megumi cause she nearing crash & burn meltdown give female checking on megumi & yamato give wake up saying yet megumi there those who don't care about me.

but female person does care for megumi since know each from their kids years & after some realize open the door yet megumi seen the light now realize just be yourself & megumi did that while give sorry to asami & get hair makeover.

with kai see the new pic of megumi all better & now festival time all well give mei went without a yukata but mei's mom give her yukata with run all back in get yamato & cue the kiss.

alll better now with with megumi texting to her mom, yamato's sister going to school, & whole gang all together (only 1ep left).
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 23, 2012 5:27 AM

May 2010
What?there is another episode I thought it was the last one..Yayyyyy
Dec 23, 2012 5:43 AM

Sep 2008
Felt like a finale, nice episode though. Disheartening that it's ending so soon next week, guess I have to read the manga. x_x
Dec 23, 2012 7:13 AM
Dec 2012
Beautiful episode! Glad her dress-up effort bore fruit. I liked the fireworks.
Dec 23, 2012 8:00 AM

Feb 2012
I agree with everyone on how it really felt like the last episode, even the bit at the end when she said things need to come to an end or something along those lines. Either way it was one of the more pleasant episodes, Im glad Megumi saw Mei standing at the bottom of the stairs when Kurosawa showed up, It couldve made some more misunderstandings if he was there by himself (although it did piss me off when he suddenly ran for it when he found out about Megu, he could have called that Momo person and asked her how things were or something, at least that seems like something a normal person would do?). Also, as nice as it was for Mei's mum to get the yukata out for her and help her, I didnt like what she was saying. You need to look like a girl for once, and you need to do whatever you can for the one you love - and that being putting make up on and doing your hair? It seemed shallow as if the only thing a quiet girl that doesnt usually put make up on can do for her loved one is make herself up? And the way she put it as well, oh boys only care about how you look sorta thing.
erochanDec 23, 2012 8:03 AM
Dec 23, 2012 9:09 AM
Dec 2012
moonbby said:
It seemed shallow as if the only thing a quiet girl that doesnt usually put make up on can do for her loved one is make herself up? And the way she put it as well, oh boys only care about how you look sorta thing.

It seems you missed an important line of her mum. The mum said "All I can do for you is this (to dress you up & make you up)." She just wanted to help her daughter. It's her parental feeling.
Dec 23, 2012 10:25 PM

May 2009
This episode was okay I guess....seemed like it was mainly about Megu and when her situation was over and done with, they just had to find something else to add for the rest of the episode and so the next little subplot was about Mei and her yukata.
Dec 24, 2012 2:24 AM

Jan 2011
Fuck! i thought it was Over!
Dec 25, 2012 1:35 AM

Jul 2011
I like Megu-tan now! <3 She makes me remember of Kurumi from Kimi ni Todoke

If I became a Hunter, I can catch all my family member and sell them for high price
Dec 25, 2012 10:51 AM
Feb 2012
That episode would've made for a good ending. Adding another one seems so random now.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 25, 2012 11:48 AM

Jul 2012
Felt like a finale, i don't know how will they end it differently than this. Episode was great, cute and hearthwarming.
Dec 26, 2012 2:39 PM
Mar 2012
WTF half of the episode being "Megumi isn't a bitch after all"? What was that about? Her true self was being a possesive arrogant bitch, she was just hiding it from others. It's like they changed her whole character just to make it a happy ending.

And yes, I agree, it felt like the last episode. Weird.
Dec 26, 2012 4:49 PM
Apr 2010
Finally something that actually has happiness... finally.
Dec 26, 2012 8:32 PM

Apr 2011
felt like this was the finale episode, it was a great episode 10/10 for the series for me, reminded me of kimi ni todoke
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

216 by ibtissame »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2012

127 by Peixefaca »»
Feb 15, 9:25 AM

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

7 by requiemofred_ »»
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

162 by NotBonBon »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2012

108 by ginseng6 »»
Aug 27, 2023 7:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.