MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Winter 2013 Simulcast List
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Winter 2013 Simulcast List

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
12-27-12, 11:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2057
melina_putri said:
Hoping Cuticle Tantei Inaba, Hakkenden and AMNESIA getting simulcasted.

These series are unlikely being fansubbed by existing fansub groups.


Like everything outside of maybe the shorts will get fansubbed. You might just have to wait a couple days or take a Hadena style release.

 
12-27-12, 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 438
CR add another title:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/12/27-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-ai-mai-mi-anime

All 3 series announced today are shorts.
 
12-27-12, 12:10 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 12452
RyanSaotome said:
Hoppy said:
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:
Oh hell I didn't realize Mangirl was 5 minute shorts too. What the hell.


There are like 8 five minute or less shorts this season. These are the true cancer that are killing anime.


Even worse is that they don't sell either resulting in little profit to whatever studio animated them. Although Puchimas may sell due to being in the Idolmaster Franchise, merchandising may suffer from the rest, if any is made (I don't own any figures from a 5 minute anime so far).


2ch thinks Puchimus will sell, at least... here are their top 10 projected sellers of Winter:

13,216 - Vividred Operation
11,470 - Tamako Market
*9,670 - Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
*8,342 - Love Live
*6,577 - Puchimas -Petit Idolmaster-
*6,577 - Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
*5,420 - Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
*5,179 - Senran Kagura
*4,751 - Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
*3,937 - Minami-ke Tadaima

But yeah, thats because its Idolmaster. Still would be funny for a short to sell 4 times what the Idolmaster fanfic mecha show did though.


That's like half of my PTW that's projecting to sell and I'm glad Senran Kagura is in there, licensor when and where?


 
12-27-12, 12:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2057
melina_putri said:
CR add another title:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/12/27-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-ai-mai-mi-anime

All 3 series announced today are shorts.


And 4 of the 5 total shows announced so far. It almost feels like false advertising if they boast their large amount of shows they will be simulcasting if half of them are 3 minute shorts.

 
12-27-12, 12:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 4759
melina_putri said:
All 3 series announced today are shorts.

At least they're getting them out of the way now, I guess.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/
 
12-27-12, 12:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1952
RyanSaotome said:
13,216 - Vividred Operation
11,470 - Tamako Market
*9,670 - Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
*8,342 - Love Live
*6,577 - Puchimas -Petit Idolmaster-
*6,577 - Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
*5,420 - Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
*5,179 - Senran Kagura
*4,751 - Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
*3,937 - Minami-ke Tadaima

Wow, Vividred Operation is the only new show I was even considering watching this season. Interesting.
 
12-28-12, 4:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 313
Hey look we have...a school series, a school series, a school series, a school series and...wait, this last one actually looks quite...no wait...my mistake it's just another school series.
 
12-28-12, 4:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5118
Love Live, Mangirl, and ai mai mi...

Where are the other 2 school series?

From what I can gather, the Osaka one isn't. The achiga-hen specials don't take place in a school except for a couple of short flashbacks (despite being the only one of the six that is given a "school" tag on MAL), and Yama no Susume sure doesn't look like it takes place in a school.
Best selling Light Novel volumes of 2014/all time*.
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
12-28-12, 6:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 2808
Hey, most of the simulcast of crnchy are 3 to 5 minutes per episode. Maybe I watch some of them.
 
12-28-12, 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 4759
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-28/site/crunchyroll-to-stream-ishida-to-asakura-comedy-anime

Holy crap Crunchyroll please stream something with a runtime longer than a modestly difficult bowel movement.

There better be a flood of real shows following this up soon.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/
 
12-28-12, 6:41 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 12452
CR, those 2-5 minute shows won't even sell on any market or get licensed in the West, and they didn't even get Puchimas, something that's the same length but has a decent chance of selling and maybe even get licensed (sentai got one of the Idolmaster anime), please get more stuff that someone can license and has a decent chance of selling. You started off great, now you're declining.


 
12-28-12, 6:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 4759
Whether it will sell on DVD/BD isn't really CR's concern (as they'd see none of that money), they just care about whether it'll get views.

I can understand that these short shows are probably easier to negotiate for and thus announce earlier, and a streaming platform like CR's is a perfectly convenient place for them.

But man, it would really help perceptions if they'd not do them all at once. Intersperse them amongst full series or something. But getting like five shorts to one full series right off the bat is just an ugly, dispiriting start. In the end it won't matter if they announce an appropriate number of full series but damn, right now it sucks.

Meh. Fingers still crossed for Tamakoma, Maoyuu, Vividred, Haganai, Sasami-san, and others. At the very least Chihayafuru 2 ought to be a lock as a sequel.

Edit: Also to be fair, this announcement didn't come from CR, it came from a Japanese site. CR may have been planning to hold off on announcing this one for a bit... doubtful, but possible.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/
 
12-28-12, 6:57 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 12452
jmal said:
Whether it will sell on DVD/BD isn't really CR's concern (as they'd see none of that money), they just care about whether it'll get views.

I can understand that these short shows are probably easier to negotiate for and thus announce earlier, and a streaming platform like CR's is a perfectly convenient place for them.

But man, it would really help perceptions if they'd not do them all at once. Intersperse them amongst full series or something. But getting like five shorts to one full series right off the bat is just an ugly, dispiriting start. In the end it won't matter if they announce an appropriate number of full series but damn, right now it sucks.

Meh. Fingers still crossed for Tamakoma, Maoyuu, Vividred, Haganai, Sasami-san, and others. At the very least Chihayafuru 2 ought to be a lock as a sequel.

Edit: Also to be fair, this announcement didn't come from CR, it came from a Japanese site. CR may have been planning to hold off on announcing this one for a bit... doubtful, but possible.


However CR can be used by the licensing companies to see what's hot or not and then they can decide on what titles to license or not if it's not licensed upon simulcast or the announcement of one.


 
12-28-12, 7:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 990
I have CR but I still dl and watch fansubs. I believe in supporting the industry and getting great subs at the same time.
 
12-28-12, 7:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 4759
^ Fansubs aren't always better (CR having the original scripts from Japan is a definite advantage), really depends on the show and group. I only rarely need to go with fansubs when CR is streaming, and the exceptions are usually just when CR is delayed.

Hoppy said:
However CR can be used by the licensing companies to see what's hot or not and then they can decide on what titles to license or not if it's not licensed upon simulcast or the announcement of one.

To be honest the only part of the foreign licensing industry I care about at all is Crunchyroll. I imagine that's also the only part Crunchyroll cares about either.

I still think they'll announce a good number of real shows, but this list of shorts is just depressing.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/
 
12-28-12, 7:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3409
Crunchyroll wants to license everything. They bid on everything. They announce when they get licenses. I don't believe there is any weird conspiracy to announce one full show and then a bunch of shorts. If they could have announced Vividred and Tamako Market this week they would have but I fear they won't get those shows...

Might actually have to get AOD since I never saw Chuunibyo or To Love Ru Trouble Darkness as I am attempting to stick to legit sources these days, silly me I know... if they get Tamako Market it may be too much, I may need to pay for them too, argh...

CR is my favorite. I still wish the 1080p feed was as good as BD but it is not. I don't really get to see and hear the real show until I import the BD.

Funi is unreliable and the player isn't as good but they get some good shows.
The News Club: Quality News and discussion (BD/DVD, CDs, manga, novels, games), and sales data (daily, weekly, half-yearly, yearly).
 
12-28-12, 7:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5371
Hoppy said:
CR, those 2-5 minute shows won't even sell on any market or get licensed in the West, and they didn't even get Puchimas, something that's the same length but has a decent chance of selling and maybe even get licensed (sentai got one of the Idolmaster anime), please get more stuff that someone can license and has a decent chance of selling. You started off great, now you're declining.

atleast Yama no Susume will get subbed, so that not all that bad.
If you're curious how well the anime of the current cour are doing, you should check my site(Also includes release dates for upcoming OVAs/Movies & upcoming tv shows).
My Site : link / MAL news club : link
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
 
12-28-12, 7:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1952
jmal said:
Meh. Fingers still crossed for Tamakoma, Maoyuu, Vividred, Haganai, Sasami-san, and others. At the very least Chihayafuru 2 ought to be a lock as a sequel.

Haganai 1 was done by FUNimation, so I don't think CR getting that is likely.
 
12-28-12, 7:25 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 12452
Redfoxoffire said:
jmal said:
Meh. Fingers still crossed for Tamakoma, Maoyuu, Vividred, Haganai, Sasami-san, and others. At the very least Chihayafuru 2 ought to be a lock as a sequel.

Haganai 1 was done by FUNimation, so I don't think CR getting that is likely.


Vividred is made by the same creator as Strike Witches so Funimation would get that too since they got both seasons of Strike Witches. Maoyuu and Sasami-san are definite Sentai-worthy anime, NIS could get Maoyuu if they don't.


 
12-28-12, 7:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2057
I'm sure I'll get the inevitable disappointment that the only short this season Crunchy doesn't end up with is Puchimus, the only one I actually care about.

 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices