MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Winter 2013 Simulcast List
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Winter 2013 Simulcast List

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
12-26-12, 11:47 AM

Sentai might pick up Love Live for DVD.

12-26-12, 12:07 PM

Hoppy said:

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/love-live-school-idol-project

Publisher: NIS

Though they also says its demographic is Shoujo, so maybe Crunchy has no idea what they're talking about with the publisher.

12-26-12, 12:31 PM

RyanSaotome said:
Hoppy said:

Though they also says its demographic is Shoujo, so maybe Crunchy has no idea what they're talking about with the publisher.

lol

NIS got this, that's good because they might put it on BD as well.

12-26-12, 1:36 PM

Hoppy said:
RyanSaotome said:
Hoppy said:

lol

NIS got this, that's good because they might put it on BD as well.

NIS America is a great fit for Love Live! Maybe if the premium box of this sells well for them, they can then license The Idolm@ster. And I also agree with Ryan, hopefully this Winter, we all be in Idoltown on Crunchyroll (Puchimas is one of more anticipated shows)

12-26-12, 1:49 PM

I like my idols not quite as much as everyone else, but damn, is this becoming a big trend in Japan or something?

Or has it always been and I'm late to the party?

12-26-12, 1:59 PM

Redfoxoffire said:
I like my idols not quite as much as everyone else, but damn, is this becoming a big trend in Japan or something?

Or has it always been and I'm late to the party?

Its pretty much after Idolmaster was a massive hit, everyone wants to get on board with their own idol shows.

12-27-12, 9:03 AM

Both are guaranteed watches for me, but I'm still bitter about Yama no Susume being short episodes.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

12-27-12, 9:05 AM

Yama no Susume seems to be the better of the two, Mangirl looks ok.

12-27-12, 9:06 AM

jmal said:
Both are guaranteed watches for me, but I'm still bitter about Yama no Susume being short episodes.

Yeah that was disappointing for sure.

12-27-12, 9:26 AM

Only short I'll be watching is Puchimus. Other than that, shorts are generally a waste of time since you can't really do anything in that limited timeframe.

12-27-12, 9:30 AM

RyanSaotome said:
Only short I'll be watching is Puchimus. Other than that, shorts are generally a waste of time since you can't really do anything in that limited timeframe.

I disagree, I enjoy shorts. Chitose get You, Teekyu, Poyopoyo recently have been quite fun.

You have to work quickly but it is something which long anime makers could relearn. Some short episodes have more in them than full length ones...
The News Club: Quality News and discussion (BD/DVD, CDs, manga, novels, games), and sales data (daily, weekly, half-yearly, yearly).

12-27-12, 9:53 AM

Oh hell I didn't realize Mangirl was 5 minute shorts too. What the hell.

12-27-12, 9:56 AM

jmal said:

There are like 8 five minute or less shorts this season. These are the true cancer that are killing anime.

12-27-12, 9:59 AM

RyanSaotome said:
There are like 8 five minute or less shorts this season. These are the true cancer that are killing anime.

Feels like walking in a minefield. I think I see a number of shows with really interesting premises, and as soon as I get close, boom, no real episodes for me.

Blah, I'll still watch some of them (not Oosaka Okan, bleh flash anime) because I've liked ones like Morita-san and Yurumates, but both Yama no Susume and Mangirl would have made for shows I'd love in full size and will only consider a mild fun diversion at best in short format. And I can't see myself ever importing a short-format show either.

12-27-12, 10:48 AM

jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:

Feels like walking in a minefield. I think I see a number of shows with really interesting premises, and as soon as I get close, boom, no real episodes for me.

Blah, I'll still watch some of them (not Oosaka Okan, bleh flash anime) because I've liked ones like Morita-san and Yurumates, but both Yama no Susume and Mangirl would have made for shows I'd love in full size and will only consider a mild fun diversion at best in short format. And I can't see myself ever importing a short-format show either.

But you get the entire season on one disc! I have preordered Teekyuu ...
The News Club: Quality News and discussion (BD/DVD, CDs, manga, novels, games), and sales data (daily, weekly, half-yearly, yearly).

12-27-12, 10:49 AM

RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:

Even worse is that they don't sell either resulting in little profit to whatever studio animated them. Although Puchimas may sell due to being in the Idolmaster Franchise, merchandising may suffer from the rest, if any is made (I don't own any figures from a 5 minute anime so far).

12-27-12, 10:55 AM

Hoppy said:
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:

Even worse is that they don't sell either resulting in little profit to whatever studio animated them. Although Puchimas may sell due to being in the Idolmaster Franchise, merchandising may suffer from the rest, if any is made (I don't own any figures from a 5 minute anime so far).

2ch thinks Puchimus will sell, at least... here are their top 10 projected sellers of Winter:

13,216 - Vividred Operation
11,470 - Tamako Market
*9,670 - Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
*8,342 - Love Live
*6,577 - Puchimas -Petit Idolmaster-
*6,577 - Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
*5,420 - Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
*5,179 - Senran Kagura
*4,751 - Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
*3,937 - Minami-ke Tadaima

But yeah, thats because its Idolmaster. Still would be funny for a short to sell 4 times what the Idolmaster fanfic mecha show did though.

12-27-12, 10:59 AM

The only shorts in recent years that have ever sold over 10k, to my knowledge, are Hetalia and Haruhi-chan/Churuya-san. Actually heck I don't know if any others even hit more than a couple thousand.

On the other hand they've got to be cheap as hell to make.

12-27-12, 11:16 AM

Hoping Cuticle Tantei Inaba, Hakkenden and AMNESIA getting simulcasted.

These series are unlikely being fansubbed by existing fansub groups.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices