Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2012 8:57 PM
Apr 2009
a n i m e

This thread is full of brats.
Dec 23, 2012 4:06 PM

May 2007
Well, I hope to see some good shows picked up by Crunchyroll. I like their system and it's convenient for me to stream on my ipad. I only download anime when I want to make gifs (which means I really love the series). :/
Dec 26, 2012 9:35 AM

Dec 2011
Crunchyroll announce Love Live! School Idol Project Tuesdays starting Jan 8th 8AM pacific time in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Central and South America

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-news/2012/12/26-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-love-live-anime

Next announcement tomorrow.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 26, 2012 9:37 AM

Apr 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
Crunchyroll announce Love Live! School Idol Project Tuesdays starting Jan 8th 8AM pacific time in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Central and South America

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-news/2012/12/26-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-love-live-anime

I hope we be all up in Idoltown this year on Crunchy

Dec 26, 2012 10:07 AM

Sep 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:

Yes, Crunchyroll! Best streaming site IMO, comes through again!

I usually prefer no subs at all and I can turn them off with Crunchyroll.
Dec 26, 2012 11:47 AM

Nov 2008
Sentai might pick up Love Live for DVD.

Dec 26, 2012 12:07 PM

Apr 2010
Hoppy said:

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/love-live-school-idol-project

Publisher: NIS

Though they also says its demographic is Shoujo, so maybe Crunchy has no idea what they're talking about with the publisher.

Dec 26, 2012 12:31 PM

Nov 2008
RyanSaotome said:
Hoppy said:

Though they also says its demographic is Shoujo, so maybe Crunchy has no idea what they're talking about with the publisher.

lol

NIS got this, that's good because they might put it on BD as well.

Dec 26, 2012 1:36 PM
Mar 2012
Hoppy said:
RyanSaotome said:
Hoppy said:

lol

NIS got this, that's good because they might put it on BD as well.

NIS America is a great fit for Love Live! Maybe if the premium box of this sells well for them, they can then license The Idolm@ster. And I also agree with Ryan, hopefully this Winter, we all be in Idoltown on Crunchyroll (Puchimas is one of more anticipated shows)
Dec 26, 2012 1:49 PM

Jun 2008
I like my idols not quite as much as everyone else, but damn, is this becoming a big trend in Japan or something?

Or has it always been and I'm late to the party?
Dec 26, 2012 1:59 PM

Apr 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
I like my idols not quite as much as everyone else, but damn, is this becoming a big trend in Japan or something?

Or has it always been and I'm late to the party?

Its pretty much after Idolmaster was a massive hit, everyone wants to get on board with their own idol shows.

Dec 27, 2012 9:05 AM

Nov 2008

Yama no Susume seems to be the better of the two, Mangirl looks ok.

Dec 27, 2012 9:06 AM

Nov 2008
jmal said:
Both are guaranteed watches for me, but I'm still bitter about Yama no Susume being short episodes.

Yeah that was disappointing for sure.

Dec 27, 2012 9:26 AM

Apr 2010
Only short I'll be watching is Puchimus. Other than that, shorts are generally a waste of time since you can't really do anything in that limited timeframe.

Dec 27, 2012 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Only short I'll be watching is Puchimus. Other than that, shorts are generally a waste of time since you can't really do anything in that limited timeframe.

I disagree, I enjoy shorts. Chitose get You, Teekyu, Poyopoyo recently have been quite fun.

You have to work quickly but it is something which long anime makers could relearn. Some short episodes have more in them than full length ones...
Dec 27, 2012 9:56 AM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
Oh hell I didn't realize Mangirl was 5 minute shorts too. What the hell.

There are like 8 five minute or less shorts this season. These are the true cancer that are killing anime.

Dec 27, 2012 10:48 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
There are like 8 five minute or less shorts this season. These are the true cancer that are killing anime.

Feels like walking in a minefield. I think I see a number of shows with really interesting premises, and as soon as I get close, boom, no real episodes for me.

Blah, I'll still watch some of them (not Oosaka Okan, bleh flash anime) because I've liked ones like Morita-san and Yurumates, but both Yama no Susume and Mangirl would have made for shows I'd love in full size and will only consider a mild fun diversion at best in short format. And I can't see myself ever importing a short-format show either.

But you get the entire season on one disc! I have preordered Teekyuu ...
Dec 27, 2012 10:49 AM

Nov 2008
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:

Even worse is that they don't sell either resulting in little profit to whatever studio animated them. Although Puchimas may sell due to being in the Idolmaster Franchise, merchandising may suffer from the rest, if any is made (I don't own any figures from a 5 minute anime so far).

Dec 27, 2012 10:55 AM

Apr 2010
Hoppy said:
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:

Even worse is that they don't sell either resulting in little profit to whatever studio animated them. Although Puchimas may sell due to being in the Idolmaster Franchise, merchandising may suffer from the rest, if any is made (I don't own any figures from a 5 minute anime so far).

2ch thinks Puchimus will sell, at least... here are their top 10 projected sellers of Winter:

13,216 - Vividred Operation
11,470 - Tamako Market
*9,670 - Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
*8,342 - Love Live
*6,577 - Puchimas -Petit Idolmaster-
*6,577 - Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
*5,420 - Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
*5,179 - Senran Kagura
*4,751 - Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
*3,937 - Minami-ke Tadaima

But yeah, thats because its Idolmaster. Still would be funny for a short to sell 4 times what the Idolmaster fanfic mecha show did though.

Dec 27, 2012 11:16 AM
Mar 2012
Hoping Cuticle Tantei Inaba, Hakkenden and AMNESIA getting simulcasted.

These series are unlikely being fansubbed by existing fansub groups.
Dec 27, 2012 11:33 AM

Apr 2010
melina_putri said:
Hoping Cuticle Tantei Inaba, Hakkenden and AMNESIA getting simulcasted.

These series are unlikely being fansubbed by existing fansub groups.

Like everything outside of maybe the shorts will get fansubbed. You might just have to wait a couple days or take a Hadena style release.

Dec 27, 2012 11:56 AM
Mar 2012
CR add another title:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/12/27-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-ai-mai-mi-anime

All 3 series announced today are shorts.
Dec 27, 2012 12:10 PM

Nov 2008
RyanSaotome said:
Hoppy said:
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:

2ch thinks Puchimus will sell, at least... here are their top 10 projected sellers of Winter:

11,470 - Tamako Market
*8,342 - Love Live
*5,179 - Senran Kagura

But yeah, thats because its Idolmaster. Still would be funny for a short to sell 4 times what the Idolmaster fanfic mecha show did though.

That's like half of my PTW that's projecting to sell and I'm glad Senran Kagura is in there, licensor when and where?

Dec 27, 2012 12:14 PM

Apr 2010
melina_putri said:
CR add another title:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/12/27-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-ai-mai-mi-anime

All 3 series announced today are shorts.

And 4 of the 5 total shows announced so far. It almost feels like false advertising if they boast their large amount of shows they will be simulcasting if half of them are 3 minute shorts.

Dec 27, 2012 12:30 PM

Jun 2008
RyanSaotome said:
11,470 - Tamako Market
*8,342 - Love Live
*5,179 - Senran Kagura

Wow, Vividred Operation is the only new show I was even considering watching this season. Interesting.
Dec 28, 2012 4:30 AM
Sep 2011
Hey look we have...a school series, a school series, a school series, a school series and...wait, this last one actually looks quite...no wait...my mistake it's just another school series.
Dec 28, 2012 4:51 AM

Dec 2011
Love Live, Mangirl, and ai mai mi...

Where are the other 2 school series?

From what I can gather, the Osaka one isn't. The achiga-hen specials don't take place in a school except for a couple of short flashbacks (despite being the only one of the six that is given a "school" tag on MAL), and Yama no Susume sure doesn't look like it takes place in a school.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 28, 2012 6:38 AM

Aug 2007
Hey, most of the simulcast of crnchy are 3 to 5 minutes per episode. Maybe I watch some of them.
Dec 28, 2012 6:41 PM

Nov 2008
CR, those 2-5 minute shows won't even sell on any market or get licensed in the West, and they didn't even get Puchimas, something that's the same length but has a decent chance of selling and maybe even get licensed (sentai got one of the Idolmaster anime), please get more stuff that someone can license and has a decent chance of selling. You started off great, now you're declining.

Dec 28, 2012 6:57 PM

Nov 2008
jmal said:
Whether it will sell on DVD/BD isn't really CR's concern (as they'd see none of that money), they just care about whether it'll get views.

I can understand that these short shows are probably easier to negotiate for and thus announce earlier, and a streaming platform like CR's is a perfectly convenient place for them.

But man, it would really help perceptions if they'd not do them all at once. Intersperse them amongst full series or something. But getting like five shorts to one full series right off the bat is just an ugly, dispiriting start. In the end it won't matter if they announce an appropriate number of full series but damn, right now it sucks.

Meh. Fingers still crossed for Tamakoma, Maoyuu, Vividred, Haganai, Sasami-san, and others. At the very least Chihayafuru 2 ought to be a lock as a sequel.

Edit: Also to be fair, this announcement didn't come from CR, it came from a Japanese site. CR may have been planning to hold off on announcing this one for a bit... doubtful, but possible.

However CR can be used by the licensing companies to see what's hot or not and then they can decide on what titles to license or not if it's not licensed upon simulcast or the announcement of one.

Dec 28, 2012 7:00 PM

Apr 2011
I have CR but I still dl and watch fansubs. I believe in supporting the industry and getting great subs at the same time.
Dec 28, 2012 7:05 PM

Sep 2012
Crunchyroll wants to license everything. They bid on everything. They announce when they get licenses. I don't believe there is any weird conspiracy to announce one full show and then a bunch of shorts. If they could have announced Vividred and Tamako Market this week they would have but I fear they won't get those shows...

Might actually have to get AOD since I never saw Chuunibyo or To Love Ru Trouble Darkness as I am attempting to stick to legit sources these days, silly me I know... if they get Tamako Market it may be too much, I may need to pay for them too, argh...

CR is my favorite. I still wish the 1080p feed was as good as BD but it is not. I don't really get to see and hear the real show until I import the BD.

Funi is unreliable and the player isn't as good but they get some good shows.
Dec 28, 2012 7:07 PM

Nov 2011
Hoppy said:
CR, those 2-5 minute shows won't even sell on any market or get licensed in the West, and they didn't even get Puchimas, something that's the same length but has a decent chance of selling and maybe even get licensed (sentai got one of the Idolmaster anime), please get more stuff that someone can license and has a decent chance of selling. You started off great, now you're declining.

atleast Yama no Susume will get subbed, so that not all that bad.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 28, 2012 7:20 PM

Jun 2008
jmal said:
Meh. Fingers still crossed for Tamakoma, Maoyuu, Vividred, Haganai, Sasami-san, and others. At the very least Chihayafuru 2 ought to be a lock as a sequel.

Haganai 1 was done by FUNimation, so I don't think CR getting that is likely.
Dec 28, 2012 7:25 PM

Nov 2008
Redfoxoffire said:
jmal said:

Haganai 1 was done by FUNimation, so I don't think CR getting that is likely.

Vividred is made by the same creator as Strike Witches so Funimation would get that too since they got both seasons of Strike Witches. Maoyuu and Sasami-san are definite Sentai-worthy anime, NIS could get Maoyuu if they don't.

Dec 28, 2012 7:39 PM

Apr 2010
I'm sure I'll get the inevitable disappointment that the only short this season Crunchy doesn't end up with is Puchimus, the only one I actually care about.

Dec 28, 2012 9:17 PM

Apr 2010
I'm pretty sure Vividred is going to Funi. Strike Witches is one of their best sellers, and I can't see them not outbidding everyone else for Vividreds rights.

Dec 28, 2012 10:27 PM

Dec 2011
hpulley said:
Crunchyroll wants to license everything. They bid on everything. They announce when they get licenses. I don't believe there is any weird conspiracy to announce one full show and then a bunch of shorts. If they could have announced Vividred and Tamako Market this week they would have but I fear they won't get those shows...

Might actually have to get AOD since I never saw Chuunibyo or To Love Ru Trouble Darkness as I am attempting to stick to legit sources these days, silly me I know... if they get Tamako Market it may be too much, I may need to pay for them too, argh...

CR is my favorite. I still wish the 1080p feed was as good as BD but it is not. I don't really get to see and hear the real show until I import the BD.

If you can use Funimation's player, you can't use AoD (unless you're using proxies?)

Then again, if you CAN use AoD, it's still free at the moment (for autumn 2012 series) so I'd advise doing it sooner rather than later. I'd expect the free period will end when (if?) they start uploading things for next season, though we haven't had any actual information about that yet.
Dec 29, 2012 1:09 AM

Sep 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
hpulley said:

If you can use Funimation's player, you can't use AoD (unless you're using proxies?)

Then again, if you CAN use AoD, it's still free at the moment (for autumn 2012 series) so I'd advise doing it sooner rather than later. I'd expect the free period will end when (if?) they start uploading things for next season, though we haven't had any actual information about that yet.

I cannot stream AoD/TAN. I would need to order it as a pay channel through my cable TV provider which is the main reason why I have not bothered with it.

I watched the Chuunibyou shorts that they posted and wasn't impressed enough to order the channel for that or censored To Love Ru Darkness.
Dec 29, 2012 1:30 PM
Mar 2012
RyanSaotome said:
I'm sure I'll get the inevitable disappointment that the only short this season Crunchy doesn't end up with is Puchimus, the only one I actually care about.

It's possible that Puchimas may just be announced late. Since the Winter season itself is frontloaded with shorts, that is why all but one series announced has been a short(and a Japanese site telling us that CR has a series is quite rare). There are currently 7 TBD boxes(a box was added after Ai Mai Mi was put on the lineup) and Crunchryoll almost always adds more. Since the next simulcast annoucement is on January 2nd, I imagine that at least one of these will be announced: Cuticle Tantai Inaba, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Da Capo III, Oreshura, Minami-ke Tadaima, AKB0048 Next Stage(unlikely I know), Hakkenden, and Senran Kagura.

As to Ishida to Asakura, I imagine that it may be a few days before Crunchyroll confirms that they got that.
Dec 31, 2012 2:57 AM

Dec 2011
I'm kind of late on this news as it wasn't announced through the usual places, but Anime On Demand is going to be simulcasting 6 series again this season, including the continuing Magi (as always, UK and Ireland only). So that means 5 new ones.
And it's going to be free again this season.

No actual info yet on what these series are, however.

http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16791&p=384341#p384340
Dec 31, 2012 8:41 AM

Jan 2011
Tyrel said:
Here goes to Crunchyroll taking over everything again :<. Hopefully they don't get Vividred Operation because a fansubber was going to do it if they didn't.

Ugh.

I don't even know what anime you're referring to. But the thought that there are people that want CR (something I pay for) to NOT obtain an anime so that they can get some fansubs of said anime (something they don't pay anything for) is revolting.
Dec 31, 2012 11:39 AM
Mar 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
I'm kind of late on this news as it wasn't announced through the usual places, but Anime On Demand is going to be simulcasting 6 series again this season, including the continuing Magi (as always, UK and Ireland only). So that means 5 new ones.
And it's going to be free again this season.

No actual info yet on what these series are, however.

http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16791&p=384341#p384340

Based on this Press Release, I would have to guess that Tamako Market and Sasami-san@Ganbaranai will be two of them(thinking those will be two TAN exclusives[in the U.S] since they are both TBS shows) following how AoD simulcasted every TAN exclusive stream.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-press-release/2012/12/28-1/tbs-anime-at-comic-market
Jan 2, 2013 8:53 AM
Jan 2, 2013 9:11 AM

Jun 2009
RyanSaotome said:
Amarrez said:
They may as well rename this thread the [HorribleSubs] shows of Winter 2013, that's the way most people see it I imagine.

Yeah, people who just like to pirate instead of actually supporting the industry. Unless you're someone who is living in a country that Crunchy doesn't support, theres absolutely no reason to not pay 7 dollars a month unless you are scum.

Awww, look how naive you are. You actually think giving money to crunchyroll for shit tier quality subs and encodes supports the industry. So cute.
Jan 2, 2013 9:27 AM

Dec 2011
Oreshura will be available to the following Crunchyroll audiences: U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
every Saturday starting on January 5, at 9:00 am Pacific Time

More titles to come later today.
Jan 2, 2013 9:34 AM

Nov 2008
I'm avoiding LN romcoms for the most part this season *awaits the next announcement*. Good news that they are announcing full length series though.

Jan 2, 2013 9:54 AM
Feb 2012
Tyestor said:
RyanSaotome said:
Amarrez said:
They may as well rename this thread the [HorribleSubs] shows of Winter 2013, that's the way most people see it I imagine.

Yeah, people who just like to pirate instead of actually supporting the industry. Unless you're someone who is living in a country that Crunchy doesn't support, theres absolutely no reason to not pay 7 dollars a month unless you are scum.

Awww, look how naive you are. You actually think giving money to crunchyroll for shit tier quality subs and encodes supports the industry. So cute.

You're just the cutest pirate aren't you?
With your stupid ass screenshot of your anime folder in your profile.
Jan 2, 2013 10:03 AM
Sep 2012
Glad that CR picked up OreShura.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

36 by dodoxdo97 »»
1 minute ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
11 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.