Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2012 6:38 PM

Oct 2012
Well, this thread sure has escalated to the morals of pirating vs not pirating rather quickly.

On the flip side, oh look, a winter simulcast list, yay!

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 21, 2012 6:42 PM
Sep 2012
I hope Crunchyroll picks up Amnesia and Chihayafuru season two.
Dec 21, 2012 6:45 PM

Nov 2008
*hopes for Senran Kagura to get a simulcast*

Needs more exposure so we can get the anime licensed and the games here.

Dec 21, 2012 6:56 PM

Apr 2009
So in conclusion, we're both just awful.
Dec 21, 2012 7:23 PM

Jun 2008
So in conclusion, shit's being simulcasted. Or is it still just simulcast?

shymel said:
I hope Crunchyroll picks up Amnesia and Chihayafuru season two.

I can almost guarantee they'll get Chihayafuru.
Dec 21, 2012 7:25 PM

Jan 2011
You like Yukari so you can't be that bad.
[center]
Dec 21, 2012 7:28 PM

Apr 2009
VioLink said:
You like Yukari so you can't be that bad.

And you like Baccano, so you must be somewhat of a gentleman.
Dec 21, 2012 7:29 PM

Aug 2011
I pay for CR. But, I still dl & watch Fansubs. This way, I'm 'supporting' the industry and getting decent subs at the same time. So, this news doesn't really concern me *-*
Dec 21, 2012 7:49 PM

Oct 2012
YES YES YESSS! Crunchyroll is streaming Achiga-hen :D :D :D :D

Dec 21, 2012 10:41 PM
Mar 2012
Hoppy said:
*hopes for Senran Kagura to get a simulcast*

Needs more exposure so we can get the anime licensed and the games here.

I imagine that somebody will simulcast that. Obviously, Crunchyroll streaming it would be better since CR's streams are quite good and usually covers at least major English speaking countries. I wouldn't be surprised if Funimation got it though.
Dec 22, 2012 12:09 AM

Feb 2012
Ideally, you'd pay for Crunchyroll and then download fansubs so that you can actually enjoy what you're watching in actual English, with at least an effort at typesetting. Look at Commie, they just use Crunchy's scripts and add karaoke, typesetting, and usually, some semblance of life to the robotic subs CR puts out. I legitimately feel bad for anyone who exclusively watches anime on Crunchyroll, it's like getting half of a fansub. Not that Commie is your best bet, but they're almost always better than HorribleSubs.

Protip: Downloading a fansub isn't hurting anyone, but watching lesser-quality subs is hurting someone, namely yourself. Do whatever you need to do so that you can sleep at night, but don't fool yourself into thinking that Crunchyroll is ever your best choice.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Dec 22, 2012 12:20 AM

Apr 2010
njd09 said:
Ideally, you'd pay for Crunchyroll and then download fansubs so that you can actually enjoy what you're watching in actual English, with at least an effort at typesetting. Look at Commie, they just use Crunchy's scripts and add karaoke, typesetting, and usually, some semblance of life to the robotic subs CR puts out. I legitimately feel bad for anyone who exclusively watches anime on Crunchyroll, it's like getting half of a fansub. Not that Commie is your best bet, but they're almost always better than HorribleSubs.

Protip: Downloading a fansub isn't hurting anyone, but watching lesser-quality subs is hurting someone, namely yourself. Do whatever you need to do so that you can sleep at night, but don't fool yourself into thinking that Crunchyroll is ever your best choice.

You guys take this stuff too seriously. I mean, whats the real difference? Slightly better picture quality or a bit different translation? Who cares unless you're just obsessed with staring at the picture to find minor faults or if you know Japanese itself to be able to tell the differences in whats being said. Crunchyroll is fine for what I want out of my anime watching experience. I'll watch fansubs for stuff Crunchy doesn't have, but unless its like a week late on Crunchy, I'll just watch it there instead of getting fansubs.

Dec 22, 2012 12:45 AM

Jun 2008
People who think CR isn't good enough need to step back on the self-entitlement. What's with this need to have dancing karaoke, over-styled subtitles, and layering English text over Japanese signs? I remember when anime fans got mad at that last one. Sheesh.
Dec 22, 2012 1:20 AM

Dec 2011
Redfoxoffire said:
Crunchyroll:

Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Specials (Final 3 episodes of Saki Episode of Side A)
    Territories: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.
    Streaming dates: Episode 13 7:30am on December 24.

All above streaming dates are PDT for premium members.

This post will be continuously updated as more simulcasts are announced.

Source: Crunchyroll Lineup

YES! :)
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 22, 2012 5:44 AM
Mar 2010
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region.
These videos require a Premium Membership for your region.

Hopefully Central Europe (minus the Netherlands) will get some titles this time. (There were only 3 Fall 2012 titles available here; the Netherlands had 9)
Not sure about other people, but I'm not going to keep paying if none of the shows available are interesting for me. If there's not going to be much more available here then I'm not going to renew Premium Membership either. If it was a complete show then I'd consider, but for 3 specials...no.
Dec 22, 2012 7:54 AM
Jun 2012
I believe that if you are to support the anime industry and pay real money for series, you should get the release in the best quality you can find, fansubbers typically have much better releases then crunchyroll, with the exception of rippers, and fansubbers have better subs. I see no point in justifying paying for terrible quality of something you can't even own.

Anyone complaining about localizing outside of Crunchyroll needs to understand that in their shonen filled lineup, nearly every attack is ruined with their liberal subs and everything. It hurts to even consider anything I watched on their to be "watched" on my mal, because I sure didn't feel like I was getting the product the original studio intended to sell.
Dec 22, 2012 9:29 AM
Mar 2010
I live in India so I can't watch videos on Crunchy. :/
And I guess I'm one of the rare people who like the layered text next to japanese text.
And I absolutely love the karaoke. *o*
So I'm a rare one. But, if Crunchy did come to India, I would try it out.
Though I wonder if my dad would let me subscribe. 84 dollars per year is 4200 INR.
I already pay a lot of money for ordering manga and manga magazines every month.
But another 4200 wouldn't hurt that much I guess.
Ok, enough rambling~
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 22, 2012 9:35 AM

Dec 2011
How come there's suddenly a whole load of idiots like the one above me on this thread? (note: referring to anonymousca4 sorry)

Most fansubbers have much worse releases than CR. Sure, there are a few exceptions, but that is the way it goes, not the other way around. I have never seen anything on CR that is actually painful to watch, whereas every other release from fansubbers fall into that category.

Shonen filled lineup? lol? Sure, the most watched series on there are shonens, as they are everywhere else. CR bids for every series, and gets a broad variety of stuff. Saying stuff like "their shonen filled lineup" only serves to weaken your point as it shows that you don't really know what you're on about.

Oh and want the original product? Just right click and turn the subs off then. NO subs - fansubs or CR subs or funimation subs or whatever else - none of them are "the product the original studio intended to sell", and if the studio actually does have a preference on how something is subtitled, it is far more likely to show up in CR's releases than in a bunch of people with no connections to the studio of any sort illegally sticking their own subs on a show.

And the second paragraph of that post is just laughable.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 22, 2012 12:43 PM

Jun 2008
I have a feeling Anonymousca4 has never watched a CR stream, possibly never even seen the website.
Dec 22, 2012 2:34 PM
Mar 2012
Redfoxoffire said:
I have a feeling Anonymousca4 has never watched a CR stream, possibly never even seen the website.

I suspect that as well. Yeah, I sure watched a boatload of shounen when I watched the Spring 2012 lineup where I followed Nyarko-san:Another Crawling Chaos, Fate/Zero, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Kids on the Slope, Yurumates3Dei, Space Brothers, the second half of Bodacious Space Pirates, and the 2nd cour of Knight in the Area and had to put Upotte and Medaka Box on my backlog. /sarcasm tag just in case.

For the record, my favorite show of Fall 2012 which had a lot of popular shounen shows is Girls Und Panzer. I don't think anybody associates GirlPan with shounen(I really have to finish watching the original Saki soon. I love that, and think I'll love the Episode of Side-A spinoff)
Dec 22, 2012 8:57 PM
Apr 2009
a n i m e

This thread is full of brats.
Dec 23, 2012 4:06 PM

May 2007
Well, I hope to see some good shows picked up by Crunchyroll. I like their system and it's convenient for me to stream on my ipad. I only download anime when I want to make gifs (which means I really love the series). :/
Dec 26, 2012 9:35 AM

Dec 2011
Crunchyroll announce Love Live! School Idol Project Tuesdays starting Jan 8th 8AM pacific time in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Central and South America

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-news/2012/12/26-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-love-live-anime

Next announcement tomorrow.
Dec 26, 2012 9:37 AM

Apr 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
Crunchyroll announce Love Live! School Idol Project Tuesdays starting Jan 8th 8AM pacific time in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Central and South America

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-news/2012/12/26-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-love-live-anime

I hope we be all up in Idoltown this year on Crunchy

Dec 26, 2012 10:07 AM

Sep 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:

Yes, Crunchyroll! Best streaming site IMO, comes through again!

I usually prefer no subs at all and I can turn them off with Crunchyroll.
Dec 26, 2012 11:47 AM

Nov 2008
Sentai might pick up Love Live for DVD.

Dec 26, 2012 12:07 PM

Apr 2010
Hoppy said:

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/love-live-school-idol-project

Publisher: NIS

Though they also says its demographic is Shoujo, so maybe Crunchy has no idea what they're talking about with the publisher.

Dec 26, 2012 12:31 PM

Nov 2008
RyanSaotome said:
Hoppy said:

Though they also says its demographic is Shoujo, so maybe Crunchy has no idea what they're talking about with the publisher.

lol

NIS got this, that's good because they might put it on BD as well.

Dec 26, 2012 1:36 PM
Mar 2012
Hoppy said:
RyanSaotome said:
Hoppy said:

lol

NIS got this, that's good because they might put it on BD as well.

NIS America is a great fit for Love Live! Maybe if the premium box of this sells well for them, they can then license The Idolm@ster. And I also agree with Ryan, hopefully this Winter, we all be in Idoltown on Crunchyroll (Puchimas is one of more anticipated shows)
Dec 26, 2012 1:49 PM

Jun 2008
I like my idols not quite as much as everyone else, but damn, is this becoming a big trend in Japan or something?

Or has it always been and I'm late to the party?
Dec 26, 2012 1:59 PM

Apr 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
I like my idols not quite as much as everyone else, but damn, is this becoming a big trend in Japan or something?

Or has it always been and I'm late to the party?

Its pretty much after Idolmaster was a massive hit, everyone wants to get on board with their own idol shows.

Dec 27, 2012 9:05 AM

Nov 2008

Yama no Susume seems to be the better of the two, Mangirl looks ok.

Dec 27, 2012 9:06 AM

Nov 2008
jmal said:
Both are guaranteed watches for me, but I'm still bitter about Yama no Susume being short episodes.

Yeah that was disappointing for sure.

Dec 27, 2012 9:26 AM

Apr 2010
Only short I'll be watching is Puchimus. Other than that, shorts are generally a waste of time since you can't really do anything in that limited timeframe.

Dec 27, 2012 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Only short I'll be watching is Puchimus. Other than that, shorts are generally a waste of time since you can't really do anything in that limited timeframe.

I disagree, I enjoy shorts. Chitose get You, Teekyu, Poyopoyo recently have been quite fun.

You have to work quickly but it is something which long anime makers could relearn. Some short episodes have more in them than full length ones...
Dec 27, 2012 9:56 AM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
Oh hell I didn't realize Mangirl was 5 minute shorts too. What the hell.

There are like 8 five minute or less shorts this season. These are the true cancer that are killing anime.

Dec 27, 2012 10:48 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
There are like 8 five minute or less shorts this season. These are the true cancer that are killing anime.

Feels like walking in a minefield. I think I see a number of shows with really interesting premises, and as soon as I get close, boom, no real episodes for me.

Blah, I'll still watch some of them (not Oosaka Okan, bleh flash anime) because I've liked ones like Morita-san and Yurumates, but both Yama no Susume and Mangirl would have made for shows I'd love in full size and will only consider a mild fun diversion at best in short format. And I can't see myself ever importing a short-format show either.

But you get the entire season on one disc! I have preordered Teekyuu ...
Dec 27, 2012 10:49 AM

Nov 2008
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:

Even worse is that they don't sell either resulting in little profit to whatever studio animated them. Although Puchimas may sell due to being in the Idolmaster Franchise, merchandising may suffer from the rest, if any is made (I don't own any figures from a 5 minute anime so far).

Dec 27, 2012 10:55 AM

Apr 2010
Hoppy said:
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:

Even worse is that they don't sell either resulting in little profit to whatever studio animated them. Although Puchimas may sell due to being in the Idolmaster Franchise, merchandising may suffer from the rest, if any is made (I don't own any figures from a 5 minute anime so far).

2ch thinks Puchimus will sell, at least... here are their top 10 projected sellers of Winter:

13,216 - Vividred Operation
11,470 - Tamako Market
*9,670 - Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
*8,342 - Love Live
*6,577 - Puchimas -Petit Idolmaster-
*6,577 - Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
*5,420 - Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
*5,179 - Senran Kagura
*4,751 - Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
*3,937 - Minami-ke Tadaima

But yeah, thats because its Idolmaster. Still would be funny for a short to sell 4 times what the Idolmaster fanfic mecha show did though.

Dec 27, 2012 11:16 AM
Mar 2012
Hoping Cuticle Tantei Inaba, Hakkenden and AMNESIA getting simulcasted.

These series are unlikely being fansubbed by existing fansub groups.
Dec 27, 2012 11:33 AM

Apr 2010
melina_putri said:
Hoping Cuticle Tantei Inaba, Hakkenden and AMNESIA getting simulcasted.

These series are unlikely being fansubbed by existing fansub groups.

Like everything outside of maybe the shorts will get fansubbed. You might just have to wait a couple days or take a Hadena style release.

Dec 27, 2012 11:56 AM
Mar 2012
CR add another title:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/12/27-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-ai-mai-mi-anime

All 3 series announced today are shorts.
Dec 27, 2012 12:10 PM

Nov 2008
RyanSaotome said:
Hoppy said:
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:

2ch thinks Puchimus will sell, at least... here are their top 10 projected sellers of Winter:

11,470 - Tamako Market
*8,342 - Love Live
*5,179 - Senran Kagura

But yeah, thats because its Idolmaster. Still would be funny for a short to sell 4 times what the Idolmaster fanfic mecha show did though.

That's like half of my PTW that's projecting to sell and I'm glad Senran Kagura is in there, licensor when and where?

Dec 27, 2012 12:14 PM

Apr 2010
melina_putri said:
CR add another title:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/12/27-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-ai-mai-mi-anime

All 3 series announced today are shorts.

And 4 of the 5 total shows announced so far. It almost feels like false advertising if they boast their large amount of shows they will be simulcasting if half of them are 3 minute shorts.

Dec 27, 2012 12:30 PM

Jun 2008
RyanSaotome said:
11,470 - Tamako Market
*8,342 - Love Live
*5,179 - Senran Kagura

Wow, Vividred Operation is the only new show I was even considering watching this season. Interesting.
Dec 28, 2012 4:30 AM
Sep 2011
Hey look we have...a school series, a school series, a school series, a school series and...wait, this last one actually looks quite...no wait...my mistake it's just another school series.
Dec 28, 2012 4:51 AM

Dec 2011
Love Live, Mangirl, and ai mai mi...

Where are the other 2 school series?

From what I can gather, the Osaka one isn't. The achiga-hen specials don't take place in a school except for a couple of short flashbacks (despite being the only one of the six that is given a "school" tag on MAL), and Yama no Susume sure doesn't look like it takes place in a school.
Dec 28, 2012 6:38 AM

Aug 2007
Hey, most of the simulcast of crnchy are 3 to 5 minutes per episode. Maybe I watch some of them.
Dec 28, 2012 6:41 PM

Nov 2008
CR, those 2-5 minute shows won't even sell on any market or get licensed in the West, and they didn't even get Puchimas, something that's the same length but has a decent chance of selling and maybe even get licensed (sentai got one of the Idolmaster anime), please get more stuff that someone can license and has a decent chance of selling. You started off great, now you're declining.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 11 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.