MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Winter 2013 Simulcast List
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Winter 2013 Simulcast List

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
12-21-12, 4:51 PM

RyanSaotome said:
They'll have the 2 extra GuP episodes? Not just 10.5?

From here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-785423/new-winter-titles-boku-no-imoutowaosaka-okan-and-winter-specials

"In other anime-related news, Crunchyroll is also excited to announce that we will be showing the continuing episodes of Saki Episode of Side A! Up first is episode 13, which will be airing for Premium members December 24, 2012, at 7:30am PST. As usual, free members will be able to view it one week later, at the same time.

As for another continuing title, GIRLS und PANZER has unfortunately been delayed in Japan, and so Crunchyroll will resume streaming the series once it starts back up in Japan. However, there's still episode 10.5 to look forward to next week and tide you over until the girls of Ooarai Academy return!"
So Achiga-hen is an explicit yes, and GirlPan is implied. Seems pretty definite.

As for the whole CR vs Imports - uh, I just do both, plus fansubs where there's no CR stream (I refuse to use the other services). So "all of the above" for me!
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

12-21-12, 4:55 PM

jmal said:
As for the whole CR vs Imports - uh, I just do both, plus fansubs where there's no CR stream (I refuse to use the other services). So "all of the above" for me!

Yeah, me too. Theres no reason to import but only watch fansubs or Crunchy rips when theres a perfectly good way to legally watch anime.

12-21-12, 4:58 PM

RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:

Yeah, me too. Theres no reason to import but only watch fansubs or Crunchy rips when theres a perfectly good way to legally watch anime.

Why not? I have nothing against people who buy CR. But what does CR offer(aside from faster speeds in subbing) that would give somebody a reason to subscribe? I dislike streaming, and you can't download episodes from CR, now can you?

And why does it matter how you spend the money, importing or CR, it will end up in the industry.
Not subbing to CR does not make somebody a "dirty pirate".
If you're curious how well the anime of the current cour are doing, you should check my site(Also includes release dates for upcoming OVAs/Movies & upcoming tv shows).
My Site : link
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

12-21-12, 5:13 PM

Shahjoo said:
Quick question, are they going to keep adding shows that are going to be part of CR's simulcast as they find out?

Redfoxoffire said:
This post will be continuously updated as more simulcasts are announced.

12-21-12, 5:14 PM

rederoin said:

Except that watching anime in ways that aren't legal does make you a pirate. Maybe not a dirty one if you bathe regularly, but a pirate nonetheless.

12-21-12, 5:21 PM

jmal said:
They've also confirmed that they'll carry the extra episodes for GirlPan and Saki Achiga-hen! And that is awesome.

Yes, that is indeed awesome. I was concerned that they might not, but glad that they are. There are also 10 TBD boxes(and Crunchyroll always adds more)

12-21-12, 5:29 PM
Forum Moderator
RyanSaotome said:
rederoin said:

Except that watching anime in ways that aren't legal does make you a pirate. Maybe not a dirty one if you bathe regularly, but a pirate nonetheless.

I for one hate Crunchyroll. But that's just me. Waiting for a week to watch it if you're not a subscriber; You get shit Quality, the fonts they put for the subs are usually mediocre and cause eye cancer; though if you use HorribleSubs you get the same crap, so lol.. Not everyone has a way of paying for stuff online. Not everyone has a "Job" to pay monthly subscription even if its 7$ or w/e it is.

I can see why people Download off HorribleSubs, but I don't because it's the same as Crunchyroll eye cancer and the amount of downloads I see Horriblesubs rip off Crunchyroll doesn't surprise me. They don't wanna pay/No means of paying for maybe few shows they will watch.
Modified by Tyrel, 12-21-12, 5:37 PM

12-21-12, 5:53 PM

oh come on i'm not even looking forward to these two. Will be waiting for more update.

12-21-12, 5:56 PM

Tyrel said:
Not everyone has a "Job" to pay monthly subscription even if its 7$ or w/e it is.

Then if you see something in a store you can't afford, do you just take it? If you can't afford something, sometimes you need to go without if you can't afford it. Its no excuse to steal it.

12-21-12, 6:12 PM

Christmas time is here :D

12-21-12, 6:25 PM

RyanSaotome said:
Tyrel said:
Not everyone has a "Job" to pay monthly subscription even if its 7$ or w/e it is.

Then if you see something in a store you can't afford, do you just take it? If you can't afford something, sometimes you need to go without if you can't afford it. Its no excuse to steal it.

I only consider it stealing if ur keeping the episodes on your hard drive for more than a month, selling it for a prophet of your own, or claiming that ur the one who made it.
If you watch anime for more than 6 months , then you support the industry. Plus keep in mind the store example doesn't make sense with digital content overall.

I support the industry but lets me honest, I'm not in any situation to go buy myself a subscription when I can't afford it [I can get a job but focusing on work when I need to focus on my studies is more important] I might have the money now but I'm saving it up so I can get myself a blu-ray disc player so I can start buying BDs.

People can support the industry one step at the time for starters you can just check your local library and see what anime stuff they carry or ask a friend. Even though its no money to the industry, this is consider a way of support.

12-21-12, 6:36 PM
Forum Moderator
RyanSaotome said:
Tyrel said:

No? Of course if I can't afford something, sometimes you'll need to go without it, but I'm not going to wait w/e time it takes to watch a 13 episode series or w/e show to watch in BD/DVD; when you can watch it somewhere else easily obtainable like 70% of the people here do.

@Above has the same exact thoughts. I hate, no DESPISE streaming anime.
Modified by Tyrel, 12-21-12, 6:50 PM

12-21-12, 6:38 PM

Well, this thread sure has escalated to the morals of pirating vs not pirating rather quickly.

On the flip side, oh look, a winter simulcast list, yay!

12-21-12, 6:42 PM

I hope Crunchyroll picks up Amnesia and Chihayafuru season two.

12-21-12, 6:45 PM

*hopes for Senran Kagura to get a simulcast*

Needs more exposure so we can get the anime licensed and the games here.

12-21-12, 6:56 PM

So in conclusion, we're both just awful.

12-21-12, 7:23 PM

So in conclusion, shit's being simulcasted. Or is it still just simulcast?

shymel said:
I hope Crunchyroll picks up Amnesia and Chihayafuru season two.

I can almost guarantee they'll get Chihayafuru.

12-21-12, 7:25 PM

You like Yukari so you can't be that bad.

12-21-12, 7:28 PM

VioLink said:
You like Yukari so you can't be that bad.

And you like Baccano, so you must be somewhat of a gentleman.

12-21-12, 7:29 PM

I pay for CR. But, I still dl & watch Fansubs. This way, I'm 'supporting' the industry and getting decent subs at the same time. So, this news doesn't really concern me *-*

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices