Forum Settings
Forums

"Why else would anyone write a review on something they haven't seen completely?" A SAO Review

New
Dec 21, 2012 3:00 AM
Oct 2011
This guy deserves a medal

http://myanimelist.net/profile/dontbegey
Candor123Dec 28, 2012 8:39 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 21, 2012 3:18 AM

Aug 2009
Seems familiar....Oh, wait, I saw this one several months ago, even voted it 'helpful'. Simply

I love how it hasn't been deleted by the mods.
metamorphiusDec 21, 2012 3:23 AM
Dec 21, 2012 3:44 AM
Oct 2011
From his profile it seems some people here read it, but I shared it for those who haven't yet, and for another laugh for those who did.
And yeah, it seems the mods finally figured SAO is a hopeless case.
Dec 21, 2012 12:39 PM

Apr 2012
Ok now this guy must be trolling.
Dec 21, 2012 10:17 PM

Aug 2009
Most certainly he is trolling. But it's a kind of trolling that could get my approval because it satirizes all those 1-2 episode reviews that we are all too familiar with.
Dec 23, 2012 12:30 AM

Jun 2011
You know what, I finished all of SAO too. Because it just came out today -3-
Dec 23, 2012 3:21 AM

Aug 2009
But our reviewer did it back in August! That's an accomplishment worthy of being etched in the annals of history, I'd say.
Dec 23, 2012 3:59 AM
Oct 2011
That guy is obviously trolling, though good enough for me to give it a helpful.
Dec 23, 2012 7:46 PM

Sep 2011
At first i thought this is a discussion thread of why someone would write a review on incomplete stuffs..

Only to see that it's just a troll. Im partially disappointed >~<

the fact that it hasnt been taken down reflect how much MAL care about the reviews..
FuyuneDec 23, 2012 7:49 PM
Dec 24, 2012 2:49 AM

Jun 2011
Fuyumachi said:
the fact that it hasnt been taken down reflect how much MAL care about the reviews..

I always look forward to Archaeon's reviews; he hasn't been reviewing much recently though. (Although I didn't bother to read his Shinning Hearts review because I didn't really want to know his opinion on baking bread).

Back to the topic. There are just way too many SAO reviews right now. Not sure if the mods can look over all of them.
Dec 24, 2012 3:42 AM

Sep 2011
Shih said:
Fuyumachi said:

I always look forward to Archaeon's reviews; he hasn't been reviewing much recently though. (Although I didn't bother to read his Shinning Hearts review because I didn't really want to know his opinion on baking bread).

Back to the topic. There are just way too many SAO reviews right now. Not sure if the mods can look over all of them.

Sorry, I mean MAL mods, not the community. The community seem to be too excited on reviews somehow, lol XD
Jan 2, 2013 4:08 AM

Jan 2012
he better be trollin'
Jan 2, 2013 11:37 AM

Jun 2011
Animewolfguy said:
Ok now this guy must be trolling.

Gee, you think?
Jan 5, 2013 10:05 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Candor said:
And yeah, it seems the mods finally figured SAO is a hopeless case.

Same thing with K, too. :/

Jan 24, 2013 4:16 AM
Jul 2008
The review seems to be down now.
Jan 24, 2013 5:01 PM
Jan 2013
hey people u do know that SAO is a Novel that is still in progress but is way ahead of everything that the anime showed so if u think about that the people that put a review mostly were people who have read the novel. Also the anime was cut short and if u don't trust me when i say that there is a novel well I'll just put the link below so anyone that wants to read the novel which is awesome in my opinion so yeah.
Sword Art Online (novel)
Link:http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online#The_Sword_Art_Online:_Progressive_series_by_Reki_Kawahara
Jan 24, 2013 5:05 PM

Aug 2009
GrimYael said:
I'll just put the link below so anyone that wants to read the novel

No thank you.
Jan 27, 2013 9:25 PM

Dec 2007
Candor said:
That guy is obviously trolling, though good enough for me to give it a helpful.

^This.

The review gives a pretty accurate description of SAO, even though it's a troll review.
Mar 14, 2013 6:49 AM

Jan 2013

Thanks, I wanted to read that for a long time :)
Aug 4, 2013 10:19 AM

Mar 2013
I never understood people who watched the full anime then reviewed it 1/10... i mean if it was that bad you would have dropped it at 6/25 episodes or something. Just my opinion; but i mean i guess we can have masochists in the world right? Sure let me just put myself through this anime i have already decided is worse than Hell itself.

Where does the signature lead to? better find out !

~If you have time to plan out a beautiful death...Why don't you take the time to plan a beautiful life till the very end?
Aug 6, 2013 2:27 AM

Jun 2013
DeathWyhsh said:
I never understood people who watched the full anime then reviewed it 1/10... i mean if it was that bad you would have dropped it at 6/25 episodes or something. Just my opinion; but i mean i guess we can have masochists in the world right? Sure let me just put myself through this anime i have already decided is worse than Hell itself.

See, this isn't accurate though because if you think about it really it's sort of the same reason people watched school days. They do it because of the general populous opinion of it. When a very controversial anime like SAO comes out as an avid anime viewer, you're going to be drawn towards it. I didn't think SAO was terrible, but based on how popular it was, I found it to be a huge let down in terms of character development and pacing. The first 3 episodes of SAO were astounding and drew me in so quickly, but after that it just went downhill so quickly. They add a token loli, a harem, and make the MC so overpowered that it's not even funny, and even then I still expected it to be an okay anime. Guess what they did to my assumption? They made me regret it... Incest is never a fun thing to see in anime... Especially when they're using it just to fill up space in the plot. SAO is no masterpiece, but it isn't awful... Overall it's just a "meh" anime with some pretty good graphics. Anyway, the reason people watch it all is because as an anime watcher you want experience with stuff that is deemed popular... That's about it, so it's basically the same reason people watch School Days... Yeah.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Aug 9, 2013 8:21 PM

Mar 2013
YandereTheEmo said:
DeathWyhsh said:

See, this isn't accurate though because if you think about it really it's sort of the same reason people watched school days. They do it because of the general populous opinion of it. When a very controversial anime like SAO comes out as an avid anime viewer, you're going to be drawn towards it. I didn't think SAO was terrible, but based on how popular it was, I found it to be a huge let down in terms of character development and pacing. The first 3 episodes of SAO were astounding and drew me in so quickly, but after that it just went downhill so quickly. They add a token loli, a harem, and make the MC so overpowered that it's not even funny, and even then I still expected it to be an okay anime. Guess what they did to my assumption? They made me regret it... Incest is never a fun thing to see in anime... Especially when they're using it just to fill up space in the plot. SAO is no masterpiece, but it isn't awful... Overall it's just a "meh" anime with some pretty good graphics. Anyway, the reason people watch it all is because as an anime watcher you want experience with stuff that is deemed popular... That's about it, so it's basically the same reason people watch School Days... Yeah.

Oh i get it, they finish it to follow the crowd... right?

Where does the signature lead to? better find out !

~If you have time to plan out a beautiful death...Why don't you take the time to plan a beautiful life till the very end?
Aug 9, 2013 10:15 PM

Aug 2009
DeathWyhsh said:

Some of the possible reasons:
- hoping it would improve
- wanting to see the resolution i.e. how it ends
- some of us are completionists and really dislike dropping shows
- wanting to form a comprehensive opinion of the show (which one cannot do if one drops a show after 1/4), especially if they intend to write a review
-a show may have an element that keeps a person from dropping it, even if it is something minor like a side character
- pure masochism and/or desire to have a reason to rage (this particularly apply to extremely popular and/or overrated shows)
- if it's an airing show, some may find it easier to watch something you consider bad on a weekly basis than it's marathoning it
- drawing strange enjoyment from anime that belong to so-bad-it's-good category or so-called trainwrecks (different from masochism as it implies geniune enjoyment from laughing and making fun of a show)
- other reasons unbeknownst to me

I cannot speak for others, but I shall use myself as an example as to why I kept watching SAO even as it kept getting worse. Now, I cannot speak about giving it 1, and reviewing it, as I didn't do either of that, but here goes the story nonetheless so make of it what you will.

First episode was genuinely intriguing and the second was pretty good as well. I felt the third episode was weaker, but eh, I didn't think much of it as it was too early. Three episodes later, I was starting to get annoyed by several elements, and I wasn't keen on the sidestories either. But the fans kept saying it would get better after the sidestories were over and we got back to the main story. Okay, I believed them. Then returned the main story and I didn't notice any improvements. Au contraire. But I still foolishly had some faith left in the fans' words. Several episodes later all my faith was shattered to pieces and trampled on as the show continued to worsen faster than ever. But that was when I was around the half point of the anime and being a completionist myself, I just couldn't bring myself to drop it at that point. It's kinda like climbing a mountain - I can't quit halfway through. So I decided I could sacrifice 20 minutes each week and complete the damn thing. And that's how I finished SAO even though I highly dislike it. Not that I would ever bother writing a review on it, though.
metamorphiusAug 9, 2013 10:22 PM
Aug 19, 2013 6:24 PM

Apr 2012
metamorphius said:
DeathWyhsh said:

Some of the possible reasons:
- hoping it would improve
- wanting to see the resolution i.e. how it ends
- wanting to form a comprehensive opinion of the show (which one cannot do if one drops a show after 1/4), especially if they intend to write a review
-a show may have an element that keeps a person from dropping it, even if it is something minor like a side character
- pure masochism and/or desire to have a reason to rage (this particularly apply to extremely popular and/or overrated shows)
- if it's an airing show, some may find it easier to watch something you consider bad on a weekly basis than it's marathoning it
- drawing strange enjoyment from anime that belong to so-bad-it's-good category or so-called trainwrecks (different from masochism as it implies geniune enjoyment from laughing and making fun of a show)
- other reasons unbeknownst to me

I cannot speak for others, but I shall use myself as an example as to why I kept watching SAO even as it kept getting worse. Now, I cannot speak about giving it 1, and reviewing it, as I didn't do either of that, but here goes the story nonetheless so make of it what you will.

First episode was genuinely intriguing and the second was pretty good as well. I felt the third episode was weaker, but eh, I didn't think much of it as it was too early. Three episodes later, I was starting to get annoyed by several elements, and I wasn't keen on the sidestories either. But the fans kept saying it would get better after the sidestories were over and we got back to the main story. Okay, I believed them. Then returned the main story and I didn't notice any improvements. Au contraire. But I still foolishly had some faith left in the fans' words. Several episodes later all my faith was shattered to pieces and trampled on as the show continued to worsen faster than ever. But that was when I was around the half point of the anime and being a completionist myself, I just couldn't bring myself to drop it at that point. It's kinda like climbing a mountain - I can't quit halfway through. So I decided I could sacrifice 20 minutes each week and complete the damn thing. And that's how I finished SAO even though I highly dislike it. Not that I would ever bother writing a review on it, though.

You just spoke for me kind sir.
Oct 1, 2013 2:30 PM
Jul 2008
metamorphius said:

All of these apply to me. When I start an anime for review, I want to finish it until the end, regardless of quality. Sometimes I have more fun watching a bad show than a good one.
Oct 4, 2013 10:43 AM

May 2009
Looks like some retards doing same here http://myanimelist.net/anime/17265/Log_Horizon
Oct 5, 2013 4:41 PM

Aug 2011
Ooh, I really like Imoeto's review. They saw all 200/25 episodes, and it's apparently the anime of the year, all years.
Aug 10, 2014 5:12 PM
Jan 2014
HAHAHAHA OH GOD this is great
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Recommendations?

MonokuroKinema - Jan 27, 2013

25 by Sa_Chan125 »»
May 20, 2015 5:43 PM

» I understand you but reviewing even few episodes might be also good?

NikeSawakoKobato - Sep 13, 2014

9 by Hitsuran »»
Apr 28, 2015 1:33 PM

» Hanamonogatari

Neraizel - Aug 17, 2014

0 by Neraizel »»
Aug 17, 2014 7:13 AM

» The worst 1-episode reviews you have seen ( 1 2 3 )

FutureArchitect - Jul 30, 2012

142 by ArbiterofWhim »»
Jul 15, 2014 6:11 AM

» I think we've got a NEW winner!

JimJamJamieJoo - Jan 30, 2014

2 by JimJamJamieJoo »»
Mar 6, 2014 4:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.