MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Btooom! 2nd season?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Btooom! »» Btooom! 2nd season?

Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
12-20-12, 11:07 PM

I just want to make it clear so that people don't make other threads asking the same question.

I think its pretty obvious that Btooom! will get a second season (though it depends on the sales) and I'm telling you now its going to take awhile because they'll have to wait till theres more chapters to cover for a second season.

I read the manga so I know.
Its amazing how they animated almost all the chapters that are released except for one or two with only 12 episodes.
[IMG]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1143/uinw.jpg[/IMG]

12-20-12, 11:24 PM

I think it will. They ended it pretty well and are definitely setting up a "second half of adventure".

I know this isn't really the point of the thread, but I'd like to ask you since you've read the manga: did the anime do anything different than the manga, or did it follow the manga closely?
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell

12-20-12, 11:25 PM

PLEASEEE!! I HOPE SOO!!! ; ___ ;
THEY KIND OF GAVE A HINT ABOUT IT WITH THE "CONTINUE YES/NO?" PART T.T

PLEASEEEE ;W; THIS WAS ON OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS THIS SEASON ;W;

Please like my cosplay Facebook Fanpage ; u ; (I shall give you hugs if you do! ; 3 ;)

12-20-12, 11:44 PM

Their intentions, they probably do intend to or more realistically speaking, "want" to. Although really, they can't be working on it now or even soon as the Japanese chapters are roughly at Chapter 60 right now and they ended season 1 at the end of Chapter 50.

But realistically, it depends on the sales. It has a lot of time to sell over time.

12-20-12, 11:47 PM

OGHelios said:
I think it will. They ended it pretty well and are definitely setting up a "second half of adventure".

I know this isn't really the point of the thread, but I'd like to ask you since you've read the manga: did the anime do anything different than the manga, or did it follow the manga closely?

Oh Yeah! Totally! They followed it perfectely. Except the tiny added parts/scenes to understand the characters better, but thats just it.

12-20-12, 11:49 PM

PervisumChaos said:
Their intentions, they probably do intend to or more realistically speaking, "want" to. Although really, they can't be working on it now or even soon as the Japanese chapters are roughly at Chapter 60 right now and they ended season 1 at the end of Chapter 50.

But realistically, it depends on the sales. It has a lot of time to sell over time.

They're at chapter 51 in the manga right now. At least in the english scanlation.
and they animated it all the way to chapter 50.

12-20-12, 11:54 PM

waalex11 said:
OGHelios said:

Oh Yeah! Totally! They followed it perfectely. Except the tiny added parts/scenes to understand the characters better, but thats just it.

The only major differences were some parts being shown earlier in the anime then they were in the manga, but they didn't seem out of place at all, and of course minor changes to Himiko and Kousuke's back stories, name not showing the rape scenes.

I want a second season so bad, but I know we'll be waiting a whole, but it's worth it to avoid filler.

12-20-12, 11:57 PM

mitch3315 said:
waalex11 said:
OGHelios said:

The only major differences were some parts being shown earlier in the anime then they were in the manga, but they didn't seem out of place at all, and of course minor changes to Himiko and Kousuke's back stories, name not showing the rape scenes.

I want a second season so bad, but I know we'll be waiting a whole, but it's worth it to avoid filler.

Exactly. Like I said, they added to understand the characters more.

I also can't wait! Wish Btooom! would publish faster though...

12-21-12, 12:02 AM

What about Kira's fights with the MC? What chapter was it?

OT:
I don't think there's gonna be a 2nd season, Btooom! anime isn't popular in Japan (according to popularity polls, it failed to even enter the top 50, out of 77..) so a 2nd season is highly unlikely to happen.

Continuity? Since when did the animation studios care about such things? there are a lot of anime that were left unfinished, so I suggest you don't hold your hopes high.
<-- Derailer

12-21-12, 12:07 AM

Candor said:

OT:
I don't think there's gonna be a 2nd season, Btooom! anime isn't popular in Japan (according to popularity polls, it failed to even enter the top 50, out of 77..) so a 2nd season is highly unlikely to happen.

Continuity? Since when did the animation studios care about such things? there are a lot of anime that were left unfinished, so I suggest you don't hold your hopes high.

I had a feeling something was missing, like they skipped 2 fights of Kira vs Ryouta.

... damn, I don't remember. sorry.

about the 2nd season thing.
I heard someone say something like "but its MadHouse, they always do second seasons even without good sales." and they used a recent anime as an example.

12-21-12, 12:16 AM

YES PLEASE SEASON 2!!!!! This anime is now one of my top 5 Favorite. Even thought i was very happy with the ending i super badly what to see more.

12-21-12, 12:26 AM

I just gained some mad respect for Ryouta telling Himiko that he will get them both off the island and then date her officially, even more respect with the fact that he was level headed enough to see right from wrong and not give into his base primal instincts and become a dog and stood up to his a self image of his friend. That episode was some crazy happenings though i must say that I saw Tara-san dying about when he came into the picture I just figured it was just a matter of time, I am seriously hoping for a Season 2 because they set it up for a second season at the end of episode 12 with the way they took off with that helicopter to head to the Island, and with the Continue Yes/No well here is my vote YES YES YES YES YES AND AN INFINANTE AMOUNT OF TIMES YES I want to see what happens so badly I have been checking the time repeatedly every Thursday looking for the next episode so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE YES A SEASON 2

12-21-12, 12:27 AM

waalex11 said:
Candor said:

OT:

I had a feeling something was missing, like they skipped 2 fights of Kira vs Ryouta.

I heard someone say something like "but its MadHouse, they always do second seasons even without good sales." and they used a recent anime as an example.
2 fights? Really? Kira was the most interesting character in the whole series.. Oh well, I guess that's what you get when you try to cram 50 chapters in 12 episodes. (Magi is doing the same this season, and it's a whole mess from a manga-reader's PoV)

No problem, might check for them when I start reading the manga.

OT:
I'm not sure what examples you were told of, but there are some anime that even Madhouse left unfinished, take Claymore, Highschool of the Dead, Shigurui, and Tenjou Tenge for example, all of them had horrible endings and the plot was left unfinished, not to mention that the manga of the last two are already completed.
<-- Derailer

12-21-12, 12:29 AM

waalex11 said:
OGHelios said:

Thank god, I am so glad the story follows so closely would you mind linking the site with the manga that you are reading so I can read it too?

12-21-12, 12:31 AM

Candor said:
waalex11 said:
Candor said:

OT:

2 fights? Really? Kira was the most interesting character in the whole series.. Oh well, I guess that's what you get when you try to cram 50 chapters in 12 episodes. (Magi is doing the same this season, and it's a whole mess from a manga-reader's PoV)

No problem, might check for them when I start reading the manga.

OT:
I'm not sure what examples you were told of, but there are some anime that even Madhouse left unfinished, take Claymore, Highschool of the Dead, Shigurui, and Tenjou Tenge for example, all of them had horrible endings and the plot was left unfinished, not to mention that the manga of the last two are already completed.
I had a feeling that Claymore was unfinished but HSotD felt like they didn't need anymore to it as for the others I haven't watched them are they any good?

12-21-12, 12:34 AM

due to the fact that there was the "continue? yes/no" and the fact that they need to collect 8 more chips, i think i have enough reason to believe there will be anoter season. but from what i hear there isn't enough manga released yet? so it might take a while...

12-21-12, 12:35 AM

If you want to talk about incomplete animes then look no further then Deadman Wonderland, that anime is actually really good I don't understand how the animes work but what I know for sure is that more often then not animes that do really well in Japan end up being a bust in the USA and animes that are a hit in USA end up being a bust in Japan from time to time there are animes that do well in both sides but if an anime is a bust in Japan they more often then not drop the anime which is sad because I really was hoping to finish Deadman Wonderland. (I know this is the wrong section for this but it follows what is being dicussed atm so I figured I would bring it up. Sorry if this is inappropriate.)

12-21-12, 12:35 AM

I can't really read moonrunes but I checked the site and I think they're going to adapt the rest into a movie which might be released 2013!

12-21-12, 12:36 AM

Clouded-Flame said:
due to the fact that there was the "continue? yes/no" and the fact that they need to collect 8 more chips, i think i have enough reason to believe there will be anoter season. but from what i hear there isn't enough manga released yet? so it might take a while...
Why would they need 8 more when they only need 8 to get a helicopter to come, remember they plan to hijack the Helicopter when it shows up.

12-21-12, 12:37 AM

alexx_310 said:
I can't really read moonrunes but I checked the site and I think they're going to adapt the rest into a movie which might be released 2013!
I hope not, I would really much prefer a second season to a movie.

Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices