Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2012 10:08 PM
Jan 2008
To people saying "obviously" getting a season two, it depends on what the sales are. No matter how much they want a season 2, it won't be happening without the proper sales.

Not only that, but the manga isn't that much ahead of the anime, so it'll at least be a year or even two before there's enough material.
Dec 20, 2012 10:17 PM

Apr 2011
I guess if theres not a second season it can be implied the copter that went to fix the mechanical problems was hijacked by them using BIMs and they used it to go home.
Dec 20, 2012 10:21 PM

Nov 2008
PervisumChaos said:
To people saying "obviously" getting a season two, it depends on what the sales are. No matter how much they want a season 2, it won't be happening without the proper sales.

Not only that, but the manga isn't that much ahead of the anime, so it'll at least be a year or even two before there's enough material.

Speaking of the manga, isn't it on hiatus? last I checked it was on chapter 51...

This type of madhouse ending was executed with Highschool of the dead, where they left the ending hanging, hinting a new season, but it never got one. With this one however is truly impossible since there's little to no original material.

Dec 20, 2012 10:28 PM

Jul 2012
Well, that whole thing with Taira went down differently than I expected. Bit cliche all in all, but this was still a fun anime.

Since they caught up with the manga and it would take forever/might not even have a second season I guess Ill start reading the Manga from where this left off.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 20, 2012 10:31 PM

Jul 2012
KingDeadKira said:
PervisumChaos said:

Speaking of the manga, isn't it on hiatus? last I checked it was on chapter 51...

This type of madhouse ending was executed with Highschool of the dead, where they left the ending hanging, hinting a new season, but it never got one. With this one however is truly impossible since there's little to no original material.

An open ending kind of fit better for HOTD compared to something like this. I mean it's pretty difficult to "end" anything about the zombie apocalypse. Ending Btooom! here would be like ending starwars with the empire strikes back.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 20, 2012 10:33 PM

Jul 2012
giraffesyo said:
I guess if theres not a second season it can be implied the copter that went to fix the mechanical problems was hijacked by them using BIMs and they used it to go home.

Wroooonngg how could anyone think that is implied? The guy in the helicopter looked like his father from his past visions the one that was always working, So I'm guessing he comes to the island pretending to be fixing the mechanical problems but instead wants to save everyone or his son which is more likely. If they didn't show what the guy in the helicopter said then it would be implied that they probably steal it but the fact that he says them things changes that.

Also good episode/ending ,I hope season 2 comes swiftly although I won't hold my breath :P truthfully I never really liked the guy that got killed he always seemed to burden the main characters but he was nice... in the end... very end... kinda...

Overall I think this series was a 7.75/10 which is basically an 8/10
exLightningDec 20, 2012 10:37 PM
Dec 20, 2012 10:36 PM

Feb 2012
27CansOfTuna said:
Elite60 said:

Hmm, very interesting... Feels like they are prepping for a new season down the line.

In what world?, arent BD sales pretty bad for this and the manga sales didnt even budge from the anime, doubt theres ever going to be more...

At the least they are egging people on with hops of another season maybe to raise sails, regardless i think the anime was quiet enjoyable ,and it left off at a good spot given i've only read up to that point in the manga but it seems like it falls into a clam before the storm scenario.
Dec 20, 2012 10:43 PM

Aug 2008
The last episode was kinda rushed. ><
Ryouta and Himiko kiss scene!! 8D

But what is that emergency all about?.
Second season please~
Dec 20, 2012 10:51 PM
Apr 2012
Pretty Good Series. Kinda rushed overall but hopefully we will see a season 2 in the future. 7/10
Dec 20, 2012 10:51 PM

Oct 2009
OMG i loved this ending,finally Ryouta & Himiko kiss ♥♥, and placing a new song for the opening was okay☺.
Hopefully the anime continues in a second season, if not I'll be so mad showing us the "continue? yes/no"
ughhhhh, but either way I'm still going to read the manga and continue it myself, but I'll enjoy it more with a second season of Btooom!
Dec 20, 2012 10:59 PM

Dec 2009
damn... they animated almost all the released chapters of the manga except for one or two with only 12 episodes.
And they followed the manga almost perfectely while adding tiny bits.

And I'm so happy that they animated that kiss scene~
Man they owned it! What a great scene! Best Anime Romance Kiss Scene 2012 EVAR!

I'm hoping the sales are great so they could do a second season when they have more chapters with the second season.
Dec 20, 2012 11:11 PM

Nov 2012
yes the anime ended in the 50th chapter of the manga, it's the last chapter of in the japanese manga since i have read rumors saying that btooom stopped in chapter 50 since the manga got another serialization.

btw, anime is still epic even though i've read the manga before watching it, 9/10 for me

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 20, 2012 11:28 PM

Aug 2009
PLEASE GIVE ME A SEASON 2 PLEASE!!!!!!!! T u T

PLEASE GOD!! PLEASEEE!!!!!
This really was one of my favorite shows this season!! I looked forward to it every week!!!
I WAS SCREAMING AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN "KISS KISSS!!!" AND THEY DID!

Please give me moreeeee! T~T
Dec 20, 2012 11:30 PM

Sep 2012
I think the series ended on a fairly good note. It would have been bad if they all of a sudden gave Ryouta 8 chips and had him leave the island (I mean some stuff already feels a bit rushed) so I'm glad they're at least trying to build up for the second season. It was a little sad to see Taira die, especially since he didn't do much for half the series, but it was important to help develop Ryouta's character. Interesting to see his dad on the helicopter at the end...I guess that's the "work" he was so obsessed with he didn't have time to hang with his son.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Dec 20, 2012 11:41 PM

Apr 2012
Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but not bad for a 12 episode series that seemed like a fairly low budget anime (correct me if I'm wrong).

6.5 or 7 out of 10 !

I really liked the way they portrayed Taiga's descent into madness. Ofc the kiss scene was awesome too albeit it being a very cliche cheesy scene :D. It was hilarious how Ryouta was conquering his demons while he was about to score LMAO. Does anyone know what the purpose of his dad's trip to the island might be? I really hope their sales do well enough for a 2nd 12 episode season some where down the future. I want a resolution nao!
zzzeallyDec 20, 2012 11:45 PM

Dec 20, 2012 11:42 PM
Jan 2008
KingDeadKira said:
PervisumChaos said:

Nah, don't worry about the manga. The mangas status in Japan is roughly at either between 55-60. Volume 10 will be coming out soon (January 2013) which will contain Chapters 52-55.
Dec 20, 2012 11:56 PM

Aug 2011
27CansOfTuna said:
Elite60 said:

Hmm, very interesting... Feels like they are prepping for a new season down the line.

In what world?, arent BD sales pretty bad for this and the manga sales didnt even budge from the anime, doubt theres ever going to be more...

It's Madhouse, they've given shows second seasons before regardless of sales. Most recent example being Chihayafuru.
Dec 20, 2012 11:59 PM

Dec 2009
Nhaz said:
yes the anime ended in the 50th chapter of the manga, it's the last chapter of in the japanese manga since i have read rumors saying that btooom stopped in chapter 50 since the manga got another serialization.

btw, anime is still epic even though i've read the manga before watching it, 9/10 for me

you didn't read chapter 51? I read it maybe 2 months ago.
Dec 21, 2012 12:25 AM

Jul 2012
Oda: "You'll never catch up to me that way."

Um, you're on the island too, dude.
Dec 21, 2012 12:29 AM

Apr 2012
let's not forget that ryouta is 22 and himiko is 15.
.___.

and that ending. THAT WAS NOT OKAY.
Dec 21, 2012 12:41 AM
Oct 2012
Clouded-Flame said:
that ending. THAT WAS NOT OKAY.

^AGREED (Why is everyone on about waiting for a subbed version? I watched it subbed on AFTV)
Dec 21, 2012 12:46 AM

Nov 2007
I actually ended up giving the anime a 7/10 because of the Ryouta x Himiko moment at the very end of the anime. Felt bad for Taira-san.

But the way they ended, it's almost like they are planning to make a sequel sometime in the future when more manga material is at hand. Or maybe not.

Not an intention to bring up unrelated anime, but I think Oda Nobuna deserves a second season more than this. The reason is obviously because both are from MADHOUSE.

But anyways, I am just happy that Chihayafuru is getting an S2. It has been MADHOUSE's best anime in years (alongside RAINBOW) even though the BDs and the DVDs didn't sell despite being such a wonderful anime! Can't wait for January 12, 2013!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 21, 2012 12:54 AM

Feb 2011
It really looks like an opening for a 2nd season , but who knows ? Credit: 0 = They're low on budget LOL

I really liked the fact that they kissed in the end ... it's rare nowadays
Dec 21, 2012 1:02 AM

Nov 2011
A decent show, wouldnt dislike a 2nd season.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 21, 2012 1:07 AM

Jul 2009
no season 2. they pretty much caught up to the latest chapter. so good luck waiting another 4 years till there's enough content for another 12 episode run.

manga was way better though. btoiom without the gore and tits isnt btooom

6/10
Dec 21, 2012 1:10 AM

Jan 2011
Oh man, totally didn't expect that new OP song from Nano. エグジスト (Exist), fuck yeah!! :DD
Felt so bad for Taira. He just wanted to go home and meet up with his wife and son, that's all! That moment when Himiko was protecting Ryouta was great. Really liked how Ryouta had a gut feeling that something seemed strange and went ahead to stop the homing BIM targeted at Himiko.

Second half of the episode was the fucking best. Ryouta X Himiko ftw!! I'm so glad that they ended the anime with chapter 50! :) Ryouta has changed heaps now and he acts very thoughtfully according to other people's feelings, especially for Himiko. Looks like they even animated the mechanical trouble part too. Oh man that 'Continue? YES/NO Credit 0' is such a tease LOL! At least it's not an anime original crappy ending and it's possible for a 2nd season. For whenever that will happen, I still can't wait.
Overall, I'm giving Btooom! a 9/10. Definitely my favourite anime this season.
Dec 21, 2012 1:21 AM

Dec 2012
Too bad about Taira, loved the kiss scene though :p There's probably going to be season 2 by next year or so.. looking forward to it :)
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Dec 21, 2012 1:24 AM

Aug 2010
Loved it, looking forward to the second season!
Dec 21, 2012 1:26 AM
Nov 2010
Hmm.... I really liked the resolution with Taira and Himoko but ...did they really have to end before they got off the island? D: Well I guess since the manga's still going ...but still >.<..... not having all the loose ends tied kinda is a bummer....
Dec 21, 2012 1:26 AM
Jan 2012
Well, despite the fact that i found many things wrong with this series. This was fun to watch in general (just dumb fun you might say). But here is my main concern, why in the world do they do this kinds of adaptations? is the same with light novels, they always leave you with very few episodes hanging for lack of material of the original source. Why can't they make this series stand alone animes and give them proper endings....oh well, now lets see when season 2 comes out (will not be waiting like crazy over it though).
Dec 21, 2012 1:44 AM
Sep 2012
^ Because without the "incomplete" original source there won't even be an anime adaptation.
Dec 21, 2012 2:12 AM

Jan 2012
And so it ends. The show was really very good. Loved both the plot and characters. However if they won't continue this, it will feel a bit unfinished.

Dec 21, 2012 2:20 AM

Oct 2010
Only a second season would do this anime justice. If not, that was a shit ending.
Dec 21, 2012 3:07 AM

Sep 2008
Great ending! I loved the last part where Ryuuta's dad rode the plane going to the island and "Continue?"
YES!!!

I knew it was gonna be an open ending since I checked the manga right after watching last ep. There are many differences and omitted parts from the manga btw.

I'll be generous here and say: 10/10
The anime was really amazing except for the open ending which was a lil' above average.

Off to read chp. 51!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 21, 2012 3:07 AM
Mar 2012
nobuyuki34 said:
Only a second season would do this anime justice. If not, that was a shit ending.

Agreed. Even though the anime itself was good and fun to watch, an ending like this would be too shitty. It kinda indicates that guy is going to try saving Ryouta and Himiko, but obviously there's more story than that. Sadly as bippo said, it seems that the manga isn't really over (not close to perhaps) and that would give them two choices: Make their own ending to the anime (NOOOOOO) or wait for the manga to get somewhere. I really beliave they'll take the second choice and it'll be worth waiting. Really looking foward to it.
Dec 21, 2012 3:26 AM
Jun 2008
Damn, the main heroin suicide and die....
I was looking forward for the Taira route >.<"
Dec 21, 2012 3:31 AM

Jan 2008
Are you shitting me. What kinda ending is that.
Dec 21, 2012 3:44 AM

Jan 2011
27CansOfTuna said:
Elite60 said:

Quite obvious that this is a sign to encourage ppl to buy more to have a 2nd season.
I'm really hoping for a 2nd season... it has a really good plot IMO.

Still very weird for Ryouta to suddenly have that vision just when he was getting in on with Himiko. Maybe she closed her eyes throughout the whole thing and didn't see him having a staring showdown at his vision. But not that it matters that much to me... the main thing is Himiko x Ryouta! Man... she was all ready for the action. What a waste :(

Feel quite sad about Taira killing himself but... he somewhat brought it upon himself for snapping like that.

Overall, this anime has been a pretty enjoyable experience especially showing the different kinds of people (though quite unrealistic) trapped on the island.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Dec 21, 2012 3:55 AM
Jun 2008
so taira having sanity probs to point seeing his own family that cause him boom ryouta & himiko.

give ryouta wonder why cause of he leaving taira a lot during hurt leg so himiko to defend & ryouta leap save himiko to both find with ryouta telling shouting taira i'm sorry for everything.

with taira hearing see big lizards he did own sorry boom himself with ryouta going crying for taira give all cause this game is evil how ruined a lot of lives.

so after wonder himiko saying like take my chips but ryouta said no cue kiss with we will escape together & meanwhile evil company having some probs seem "someone" is rebel against evil company?

only wonder left will it continue yes or no?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 21, 2012 4:08 AM

Oct 2012
If i recall from the manga the guy in the helicopter is one of his friends, ex-classmates something like that.
Dec 21, 2012 4:16 AM

May 2008
Clouded-Flame said:
let's not forget that ryouta is 22 and himiko is 15.
.___.

and that ending. THAT WAS NOT OKAY.
oh wat..

Great ending, hoping for a S2. :)
Dec 21, 2012 4:24 AM

Nov 2011
Sure wished there would second season. I should start reading the manga now.

Dec 21, 2012 4:53 AM

Dec 2010
This anime has its ups and downs so it's very average. I only managed to watched all the episodes because of I wanted to see something other than a school setting.

5/10 would not watch sequel if there is one.
Dec 21, 2012 5:13 AM

May 2010
Knew it...taira-san would die...That kiss was best part of this episode...A masterpiece,10/10.Definitely want a 2nd season...
Dec 21, 2012 5:17 AM

Apr 2007
That OP...GUITAR HERO THAT SHIT!!!!

Great episode hoping for a 2nd season
Dec 21, 2012 5:25 AM
May 2012
funny how ppl do not realise that a sec season is just conjecture, cause there are firstly no manga chapters left to animate and it depends on the sales furthermore it would take several years for it to air again,...
Dec 21, 2012 5:26 AM

May 2012
The ending was pretty good but it left me wanting for more. I'll try to read the manga now.

And the timing of "the game has only just begun" with Oda walking was really cool.
Dec 21, 2012 5:33 AM

Feb 2008
Got mixed feelings about this show. It had some really good moments, but at the same time it had some rather crappy ones.
But overall, I found it to be a good series. 7/10.
Dec 21, 2012 5:39 AM

Jun 2012
I don't think the guy on the helicopter is his dad, they don't look alike. It's more likely he is a friend of Ryouta like someone said.
Dec 21, 2012 5:42 AM

Aug 2012
The ending was just awesome, I loved it. I hope there would be season 2, I can wait.

My Youtube page: link
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

140 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.