Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 6, 2014 2:46 AM
Mar 2013
Unfortunately you won't find the same quality in seasons 3 and onwards as you did in the first two seasons. One thing that turns people off is the visual style of the subsequent seasons but that isn't the only problem as you aptly noted. Nagi turns into a complete tsundere and it is much more unnatural compared to how she acted in the first two seasons. Personally I'd say you've finished the best of the series in the first two seasons so you shouldn't have high expectations for Cuties.
May 7, 2015 6:30 PM
Sep 2014
CCC, i didnt expect it will turn like this. The last few episodes were interesting but i wanted a comedy i saw in first two season. Tama nor narator didnt get a single line in this season, they were hilarious before :(
NarcoMay 8, 2015 5:22 AM
Mar 31, 2016 11:20 PM

Feb 2013
That was definitely interesting.....My favorite is still second season and the movie, but this had it's own charm

8/10
Aug 30, 2016 3:16 PM

Jul 2012
The humor portions were generally fairly funny, and I dug when we finally got into the real Black Camellia arc. Of course the pinnacle of bad luck for Yukiji would be to win a massive amount of cash and then have it almost immediately stolen knowing that it could have been hers.
Nov 29, 2017 2:15 AM

Jul 2012
Finally the producer make her parents story and now their story at the climax..
But sadly her father must die :'(
I was thinking it's a bit like naruto's father story

Well it was a happy ending

Feb 1, 2018 4:21 PM
Sep 2017
Okay, so bare with me.
I haven't seen the other seasons other then Cuties and this one.
But I really dislike how a slice of life/comedy turned supernatural.
It was fine how it was.
I lost interest around the 6th episode but finished anyways because I was already half way through.
If this season doesn't define plot twist, I don't know what does.
Also, why does Nagi's father look EXACTLY like Hayate but with blond hair and no cowlick? Wtf. Is that just stereotypical Butler look in Japan?
Feb 19, 2018 10:54 AM

Jun 2017
Dont know what to say anymore, the ending was fine, but this whole season was...unsatisfying
I didn't like the Animation, it wasn't funny and the supernatural part is/was cringe
May 30, 2022 7:30 PM
May 2022
This nagi version is kind of irritating, she's more better in season 1, i can only gave it 7/10 they change a lot in this season and i only watch this because i want to see hayate and maria.. šŸ˜
Apr 8, 2023 9:13 PM

Oct 2021
I watched the dub so my view is based on the dubs.

After watching this I can say that I have mixed feelings.on the one hand I really did like a lot of the plot points.on the other hand there are major shifts in things like the story, animation and tone of the story. The animation is better and some of the designs are nicer too, but the voice acting often doesn't fit the better animation. A character like hinagiku comes off as mopey rather than a cool teenager

I don't think that the show is bad, it's just so different than what i'm use to that it becomes distracting. 

I would recommend it to people as a standalone show, i think. Since I do think that it's still a great watch
MiMiXSheSheApr 8, 2023 9:19 PM
Jun 6, 2023 1:03 PM
Oct 2019
Very interesting season of Hayate No Gotoku, it has a very mixed reception which is obvious, I really get it.
The comedy, jokes and references are mostly kept to the first half, it's also the half that has the comedic intros by Hayate/outros. 

Hayate No Gotoku rarely got as serious as it did in this season, there were some more serious moments but this season, especially its second half went more into the drama, honestly? I think they did it really well, I always really cared about these characters, especially Nagi and Hayate, so it makes sense why I cared so much.

Regardless, I still greatly missed a lot of aspects that were omitted, the narrator, the style of humor, the pacing, I did miss those things but after finishing this season I think I understand their omission, it right ave not fit the story they wanted to tell. I think this season works really well even though it clashes oddly against what came before it, I had a great time, especially with the last few episodes that were great, I wonder how Cuties stacks up.

Jun 26, 2023 1:11 PM

Nov 2010
That was good, but it's rushed. It would've been nice if there were more moments between Nagi and her dad. The plot development should've happened earlier to give it more time to finish satisfyingly. They crammed all the relevant events in the last few episodes.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2012

34 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 26, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2012

36 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 26, 2023 10:53 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2012

41 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 26, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2012

27 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 26, 2023 8:22 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2012

46 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 26, 2023 7:06 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.