Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 23, 2012 8:11 AM
Feb 2012
Kumagawa! Finally I get to hear that amazing son of a gun! Hopefully they'll announce the third season at the end of next week's episode.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 23, 2012 11:38 AM

Feb 2011
Shaduge said:
i do like the deaths, and who would have thought medaka's boobs were so large that they had another dimension in them
lol, that's an other possible way to look at it xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 23, 2012 1:00 PM

May 2011
That whole scene on the 13th floor was fantastic. Oujo was actually pretty cool afterall and man was it weird to see him apoligizing like that. That thing inside Medaka must be some serious scary shit to make him do that. And I didn't expect Kujira to change that suddenly, well that was nice. I love how awesome Medaka looks with that black hair.

That ending... what the fucking hell :O. So this is the highly anticipated Kumagawa.
Dec 23, 2012 8:43 PM

Nov 2012
Have the say the art and animation was really top notch in this anime. The perfect way to end the fight between a king and a monster with a simple "sorry".

And whoa Kumagawa introduction gave me huge goosebumps. Surprise that kid with an innocent face like that could do so such damage.

Hopefully there would be a 3rd season , even within the PV for the next episode it feels like theirs going to be a 3rd season because of how Kumagawa is having his debut right at the end.
Dec 24, 2012 2:47 AM

Aug 2010
I know I'm probably like the only person who is glad Kumagawa had so little screen time. The VA uses an...overly gay tone that simply irks me to no end. The episode itself was pretty entertaining 4/5.
Dec 24, 2012 4:06 AM
Aug 2011
kumagawa
KUMAGAWA
KUMAGAWA
KUMAGAWA

Fuck Crunchytroll. Where's the damn brackets.

Although it wasn't used in the manga chapter either that this episode was based on and they did use it in the Kumagawa flashbacks. There's still hope

Medaka Box 3 : Minus
Dec 24, 2012 1:56 PM

Jan 2008
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
I guess I'm one of the people who isn't very satisfied with Kuma's voice. I expected him to sound more maniacal or much more troll-sounding but this voice just seems a bit disappointing for me. Hopefully I'm proven wrong after a 3rd season.

Then your expectations were a little wrong. While talking in brackets, Kumagawa most likes doesn't HAVE emotions.
Dec 24, 2012 3:43 PM
Nov 2010
Guess Ill find out next what's so great about Kumagawa. If not, then I'll find out in the 3rd season (or the manga, kinda considering reading it)

Dude has been hyped so much, I really hope I'm not disappointed.
Dec 24, 2012 4:56 PM

Jul 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
kumagawa
KUMAGAWA
KUMAGAWA
KUMAGAWA

Fuck Crunchytroll. Where's the damn brackets.

You'll want to use FFF subs for your brackets =P
Dec 24, 2012 8:29 PM

Mar 2008
Oh, Kumagawa at his best, being batshit crazy and cynical.

I really want to see Medaka Box Minus. Plz make it happen, Gainax.
Dec 24, 2012 10:54 PM

Sep 2012
Medaka in Altered God Mode looks AMAZING!

My eyes were wide opened when they were taking the elevators going back to the first floor. I caught up with the manga, so I know what I was expecting when the door opened.

The only flaw in this was the voice over choice for Kumagawa Misogi... I was expecting more of a childish and more playful type of voice over considering how his personality is in the manga... I just can't picture him with this voice over... Worst choice. D:
"Do you want to accelerate to the next level, young man?" - Kuroyukihime
Dec 24, 2012 11:49 PM

Jun 2010
i see you all totally ignored Yumekichi11's questions, do u all have some sort of prejudice against him?
Dec 25, 2012 12:10 AM
Mar 2008
halibonga said:
i see you all totally ignored Yumekichi11's questions, do u all have some sort of prejudice against him?
They're kind of hard questions to answer.

The answer to the second question is something to do with Jungian psychology and only makes sense with a satirical reading while judging from context Yumekichi11 is attempting a straight reading.

I don't even read Medaka Box and I'm trying to answer...
Well at least this may force other people's hands.
Dec 25, 2012 8:06 AM

Mar 2009
OG-3 said:
twownsu said:
bastek66 said:

^ My reaction was the same.
KUMAGAWAAAA

^
this
Dec 25, 2012 12:52 PM

Oct 2010
Ash-Falls-Town said:
halibonga said:

The answer to the second question is something to do with Jungian psychology and only makes sense with a satirical reading while judging from context Yumekichi11 is attempting a straight reading.

So the first one means they still have a chance in the series to come back? Some these characters hold lot of value for people especially the kid and his sister whom talks weird.

Well for the second one you mean the lady is a creation of Medaka's DNA/Brain only? That would be insanely crazy. A person that can Mind/Thinking create such a abomination is beyond me.

Medaka from this episode is Peter Petrelli with a boost on any skills she acquires.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 25, 2012 1:24 PM

Jul 2009
Damn, talk about a wham episode
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Dec 25, 2012 5:06 PM

Sep 2012
halibonga said:

It's not that we don't wanna answer him. It's just that he'll get spoiled once we answer his questions. :( I hate spoiling other people. D:
"Do you want to accelerate to the next level, young man?" - Kuroyukihime
Dec 25, 2012 6:42 PM

Jun 2008
Holy smokes! That was crazy! I feel I must read the manga now
Dec 25, 2012 8:18 PM

Aug 2009
The one-shot "Good Loser Kumagawa" will air next week? But then his skill will be a major spoiler...
Dec 25, 2012 10:44 PM

Jun 2010
next ep cant come fast enough, kumagawa is basically the character who saved this series
Dec 26, 2012 6:25 AM

Oct 2012
Honestly at this point I'd say don't hold your breath for a third season. While it wouldn't make sense to stop the series when the introduction of the next main antagonist just came along, Gainax is INFAMOUS for it's cliffhangers. Most recently Panty and Stocking where they just plain stopped after the whole "Stocking was a demon all along" incident and they've made no plans for a sequel whatsoever.

So yeah, I'd say keep expectations low and just enjoy this one Kumagawa episode to the fullest. We likely won't be seeing another unless Gainax has given up it's trolling ways (Which I doubt it has.)
Dec 26, 2012 9:26 AM
Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Ash-Falls-Town said:
halibonga said:

So the first one means they still have a chance in the series to come back? Some these characters hold lot of value for people especially the kid and his sister whom talks weird.

Well for the second one you mean the lady is a creation of Medaka's DNA/Brain only? That would be insanely crazy. A person that can Mind/Thinking create such a abomination is beyond me.

Medaka from this episode is Peter Petrelli with a boost on any skills she acquires.

Just know this, what was shown in this episode is only the tip of Medaka's Abnormality , Peter Petrelli pales in comparison. S4 will explore more on that. And the manga is still ongoing, the demon thing inside Medaka may be a future arc, perhaps even the final one.
Dec 26, 2012 11:05 AM

Jun 2009
Still don't like Kumagawas Voice. His Seiyuu is unfitting, if you ask me.

But ... DOSEN'T MATTER, HAD KUMAGAWA.
Dec 26, 2012 11:57 AM

Oct 2012
Mitsuru-Senpai said:
Still don't like Kumagawas Voice. His Seiyuu is unfitting, if you ask me.

But ... DOSEN'T MATTER, HAD KUMAGAWA.

Really? I think the voice fits his character perfectly. Despite his mindset the whole premise of Kumagawa is that he's this frail, weak, pathetic, wimpy loser who looks as though he couldn't harm a fly, much less prove to be any kind of threat. So in that respect I can't think of any seiyuu that would have done him more justice than the one who voiced Shinji Ikari
Dec 26, 2012 11:58 AM

Jul 2008
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Ash-Falls-Town said:
halibonga said:

Just know this, what was shown in this episode is only the tip of Medaka's Abnormality , Peter Petrelli pales in comparison. S4 will explore more on that. And the manga is still ongoing, the demon thing inside Medaka may be a future arc, perhaps even the final one.

To me it seems like a lot of people are misunderstanding that scene.
There is no demon inside Medaka, we're not in Naruto.

An abnormality define a person, it's highly linked to one's personality.
When Oudo steal an abnormality, he does so by stealing their personalities.

When he tried to steal Medaka's the end he "understood" Medaka, that is he took in her true personality even for a moment. That second Medaka inside of her is pretty much her personality's incarnation, the form of Medaka's heart.

The way she sees the world, the extent of her capabilities, how she believes that life has no meaning, how everything is meaningless, how the world exist solely for her.
He had to take in all these feeling, all that darkness that's in Medaka's heart
everyday.

Medaka has Hitoyoshi and his word that are carved into her soul, Oudo doesn't.
He's reduced to how Medaka saw the world before she met Hitoyoshi, when she was in the darkness before she was given a reason to exist.

He couldn't take it, it was too much for him, he got scared of real darkness. How he sees the world is being reduced to normal compared to Medaka. He thought he was king, he thought a lot of thing but all those were reduced to nothing, he started to feel like there was no purpose in existing, how meaningless everything he put so much effort was. It's not a personality anyone but Medaka could live with.
Dec 26, 2012 10:12 PM
Mar 2008
KuroNoKenshi said:
There is no demon inside Medaka.
But that doesn't mean it doesn't look like there is a demon inside Medaka.

For people like me who are still resisting Nisio Isin because we don't agree with his premise there is still a tiny bit of wriggle room for a straight reading. And this is intentional because the satire will become more explicit later on. The longer we can keep this false reading up the bigger the impact when our reading completely falls apart.
So in spite being wrong, at this stage in the story we're are allowed to be wrong.
(Although admittedly that only works if we are reading on from this stage.)
Dec 27, 2012 10:37 AM

Aug 2007
This episode was really great. Medaka with her black hair looks awesome and... I really want to see what Oudo saw (do i really want it?).

And how the episode end I really want to see the final episode with subs!!!
Dec 27, 2012 11:00 AM

Oct 2010
KuroNoKenshi said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Ash-Falls-Town said:
halibonga said:

An abnormality define a person, it's highly linked to one's personality.
When Oudo steal an abnormality, he does so by stealing their personalities.

When he tried to steal Medaka's the end he "understood" Medaka, that is he took in her true personality even for a moment. That second Medaka inside of her is pretty much her personality's incarnation, the form of Medaka's heart.

The way she sees the world, the extent of her capabilities, how she believes that life has no meaning, how everything is meaningless, how the world exist solely for her.
He had to take in all these feeling, all that darkness that's in Medaka's heart
everyday.

Medaka has Hitoyoshi and his word that are carved into her soul, Oudo doesn't.
He's reduced to how Medaka saw the world before she met Hitoyoshi, when she was in the darkness before she was given a reason to exist.

He couldn't take it, it was too much for him, he got scared of real darkness. How he sees the world is being reduced to normal compared to Medaka. He thought he was king, he thought a lot of thing but all those were reduced to nothing, he started to feel like there was no purpose in existing, how meaningless everything he put so much effort was. It's not a personality anyone but Medaka could live with.
So essentially Oudo not having a Support Pillar cannot handle Medaka's state and nor would she if at that point she did not meet the one who acts as a support pillar.

I see your way of looking at it and it still is debatable over the Evil God theorem along with remaining to see what of this element.

I will take your simple way of seeing cause it seems less confusing but eventually by seeing more I might have more ideals over what this strange female/Ringu like Sadako is.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 28, 2012 10:38 AM

May 2010
The deep of deepist Bow, head smash, it is all over fooks with a sorry to top it off, Medaka is th most OP! person ever.
Dec 28, 2012 3:25 PM

Jun 2012
Crap excuse for a fight, probably the worst out of all the fights this season. I must say though I was quite surprised by the ending. I expected better but at least it wasn't boring.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Dec 28, 2012 4:19 PM

Apr 2008
Hydnlife said:
The deep of deepist Bow, head smash, it is all over fooks with a sorry to top it off, Medaka is th most OP! person ever.

If you only knew how wrong you are, Rotfl.
Dec 29, 2012 10:05 AM

Jun 2008
Pretty bad if they don't continue on this note.

But I have to say Kumagawa's entrance was way too overdone (in the manga as well). All the blood and everybody seemingly dead. Waaaaay overdone.
Dec 29, 2012 1:10 PM

Jul 2011
Would it really be abnormal to think there will be a third season?
Jan 2, 2013 11:31 AM
Dec 2012
yes it would be season 3 check out
in wikia or manga character there will be new ep i think it would be
Medaka Box Minus
Feb 5, 2013 9:14 PM
Sep 2012
Awesome battle between Medaka and Oudo but i think we all know the best part of the episode was the appearance of...KUMAGAWA!!!!!! XD
Feb 9, 2013 8:06 AM

Dec 2012
can anyone tell where in the manga do i pick this up ?
Mar 26, 2013 12:41 PM

May 2012
Damn that was epic, amazing action great development and just a nice ending! I do wonder what the final episode will bring us! This episode sure was amazing revealing so much information!

That ending sure makes it even more interesting and that the he's Kumagawa makes it even better! I do wonder now that they come with this if there will be a third season after the next episode?

Epic episode though! Now lets see the final episode!
May 12, 2013 6:19 PM

Jan 2012
very visually unpleasing.. I hope they save everything for next EP...

also /facepalm at japanese naming sense...

"the end" ??

son.... don't even get me started
Jul 22, 2013 12:17 PM

Jul 2012
Ending was beautiful, so reminiscent of the last season and its a boss who ironically met the same end this episode as how we first saw his victims. Just grandeur, I love the quick emotion shift.

O and I'm pretty sure (for those wondering who the black hair kid is), he's from the first season or well mentioned in it. Its fuzzy and I only watched the anime but I think he's the guy who killed a girl which Medaka walked in on and went War God mode . As I end this message, I feel I'm wrong because I didn't see giant screws or at least, don't recall.
kUshPandA_ENJOiJul 22, 2013 12:21 PM
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Sep 10, 2013 1:58 AM

Dec 2010
FUCKING ASDFBAFDGARTEQWRTQETQWETRBGH:LQWRFKADF:BMHQROPUSDCV, THIS EPISODE WAS SO EPIC I COULD NOT CONTROL MYSELF! BOTH OOUDO AND MEDAKA RULE SO MUCH!!!

About Kumogawa... it's so brutal that he literally killed everyone on that floor, I totally such deaths coming. But if we have that desperate thing of a monster called "Medaka" why would we ever be worried about anything, really?
Oct 5, 2013 3:22 AM

Jun 2011
This is the Kumagawa everyone spoke of!! Holy shit instant favorite!

Fuuck the whole series, lame ass ending, OP as fuuck Medaka, and so much plot shield + ass pull. Here comes Kumagawa! Best part of the series, "It's not my fault" LOL It's clearly your fault -.-

Edit: It's so lame how the sister Kujira begged for help, her characters contradict with itself, very much. How Oudo lost is also lame as fuuck, a king turned into a chicken in seconds, where is his pride? Where is his ego? Lame characterization.
ToG25thBaamOct 5, 2013 3:31 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 7, 2013 1:04 AM

Jan 2013
Man, what an amazing ending.
I thought everything would be all fine and happy.
Mar 7, 2014 3:51 AM

Aug 2012
Medaka Box has typically been a series that despite my better judgement I've managed to enjoy thoroughly enough. I mean, it contains a lot of things I generally dislike/hate in story-telling but somehow it normally entertained me, much more than it should of. This time was abnormal. I really, really disliked this episode . . .

Then Kumagawa appeared. Yeah, I don't know what else to say, I can't wait to see more of this guy after the tremendous amount of hype for him & the pretty damn good job the series has done of building him up to this point.
Apr 11, 2014 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode a bit too predictable and fast in the narrative, Medaka and chat with four blows, silences even the bad, what a shame!
The little sister instead so sadistic and evil, it melts like ice cream just Koga could die, come on!
Drawings and animations are not bad. Now comes the best? I hope so! ^ ^ "
Jul 7, 2014 12:15 PM

Dec 2013
Dat ending 0.0. My mouth is still open
Sep 24, 2014 12:22 AM

Sep 2014
Woah.. I didn't expect the ending.. Kumagawa seems to be the real deal.. I wonder what will happen next..
Feb 11, 2015 1:12 AM

Nov 2009
That was possibly one of the best character entrances I have ever seen in Anime, Wow.
Jun 27, 2015 1:49 AM

Jan 2015
Altered God Mode is amazing! She looks great in that form too :3
This season is getting a 9/10 from me even if it ends with a boring episode like season 1 did.
I know the chances are low but I really want a season 3!
Oct 4, 2015 10:52 PM

Jul 2015
Awesome Awesome Awesome
Awesome Awesome Awesome
Epic Epic Epic Epic
This anime is so fucking epic
Just it's amazing !!!!
Feb 6, 2016 2:43 AM

Apr 2013
I have to say that new god mode was way lamer than the first one. I'm a bit disappointed.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2012

173 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 15, 11:39 PM

» Animes That Are Similar ??

DragonIncursio - Sep 16, 2021

5 by Rexitor_Delta »»
Dec 24, 2022 8:47 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2012

55 by Punkero »»
Aug 21, 2022 6:55 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2012

79 by Attackonfiller »»
Mar 5, 2022 4:52 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2012

65 by Attackonfiller »»
Mar 1, 2022 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.