Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »
Jun 27, 2014 6:49 PM

Jun 2012
^LOL AGREE

anyway i do not really know if i could be happy with this ending or not and i do not really now how to explain that . i was a bit of disappointed in the fact she changed back to the eight grader syndrome but i did like what this person was saying at the end.

i have been wondering if this was a 10 on the beginning it might have been cause sure the art was amazing and the characters where good as was the sound and many other aspects but in a way it was also feeling like something was missing and that the theme it self changed.

in the end i do give it a 9/10 this has to do with the fact that there is another season out there which can abruptly kill the show or improve it and the points i said before the feeling something is missing and the feeling the theme changed + the ending that i am still not sure off if i liked it or not. in the end that is what made me decide to give it a 9 instead of a 10 but it is certainly a show that is one of the better once.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jun 29, 2014 6:40 PM

Jun 2014
10/10
Aug 8, 2014 4:19 AM

Aug 2014
Nice ending :) but the second season???
Aug 10, 2014 6:24 PM

May 2014
Great show, absolutely loved it. Fantastic ending. On to season 2!
Aug 11, 2014 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
I honestly cannot stop thinking about this anime!

I mean, it's obviously not the best anime ever, and it's not even the genre I'm most interested in, but something about it sucked me in that I watched all 12 eps, plus the 13th Ep, 6ep ONA, and 7ep specials today, and I'm even tempted to watch Rikka's perspective movie.

I'm scared to even watch the sequel, because the ending was perfect. What more could there be? (If anyone actually recommends the sequel, please tell me)

I knew the anime wasn't going to be perfect, and I knew I had seen better animation, and I've heard better soundtracks, but when I sat my expectations aside and just watched the anime, I seriously laughed, got annoyed, cried, screamed like a little girl.. For so long I put off watching this anime just because EVERYONE liked it and I had seen spoilers and gifs out the butt, I figured I could already sum it up in my head, but I'm glad I watched it instead of judging and not watching. It's officially one of my favs. ;_; <3
Aug 11, 2014 1:44 PM

Mar 2013
Glad you liked it, I myself was very pleased by the 1st season and thought it was one of the best RomComs ever.

I was wary of it's significant Rating drop for Season 2 (Ren), since the norm is for sequels to have higher ratings due to losing the interest of most of the previous seasons detractors/haters. In this case though S2 has a whopping .6 lower Rating S1, so something must have gone horribly wrong. After watching it, it became apparent that it was not at the same standards of S1, both in terms of the source material from the Light Novel, and the poor adaption by Kyoani. I wont expand on that since it may be a spoiler, but suffice it to say that Kyoani censors what really transpired in the Novels to continue it's narrative propaganda that all (anime) relationships have no physical intimacy whatsoever. There are numerous other flaws with S2, including not being able to maintain the Serene, Innocent, and Mysterious vibe that S1 had. In short it was a money $$ by Kyoani and it backfired pretty severely w/the fanbase.

It's up to you to watch S2 or not, and I generally advocate watching a series in it's entirety, but in this case make sure to set your standards much lower so as not to be disappointed. Personally S2 was so lackluster relative to S1 that my initial view of Chuunibyou being a powerhouse and genre staple was shattered. Your mileage may vary ofcourse, but I have yet to see a person out of the hundreds of forum comments/reviews saying Ren was better than it's predecessor, and very few hold they are equally good.
Sep 4, 2014 4:10 AM
May 2014
7/10 cute romance
rikka <3
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
Sep 5, 2014 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
This episode gave me goosebumps.
You know, lately I haven't been watching anime that much, I kinda took a break from it as, honestly, I was becoming tired of it. This episode, however, reminded me of why I love anime so much :) I can't wait to watch S2 of Chuunibyou now :D

Spectacular anime 9/10

bastek66 said:
No kiss.
You gotta be fucking kidding me Kyoani.

xD
Sep 13, 2014 10:36 PM

Aug 2014
Really glad that Togashi said "But at any rate, Chuunibyou is still embarrassing."
Was afraid Togashi become one again, as it wouldn't make much sense
Nov 11, 2014 7:45 PM

Jun 2014
well the ending was expected, but i feel like it was just...off.
After all that work to bury the chuu-whatever...he just brings it all back to the surface AND THATS FINE AND GOOD?! No repercussions? No fall out? No balance between delusions and reality?
Cute ending...but pretty crappy story wise.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 22, 2014 3:22 AM

Jan 2013
Sanae's new look was cute.
Good episode, it was nice to see her admiration for Yuuta, and how things ended.
Dec 16, 2014 6:04 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, that was really good. Had a good mix of comedy, drama and romance. One of the best romcoms I've seen though I haven't seen that many lol

Guess it's time for season 2 but I guess I'll have to lower my expectations since the majority of people are saying it's not as good.
Dec 18, 2014 3:40 AM
Sep 2014
I didnt find it that funny, it was more like romantic drama, and romance didnt come till last few episodes. Troubled girl trying to escape reality sound like good plot.

Amazing soundtrack, im listening it on youtube and i didnt even notice that it has so many good tracks.

Episode is ok, expected that he will go get her. I would be more happy if he didnt let her go back to be The Tyrants Eye and that she will finaly be more normal, but i guess that will happen in next season.
Jan 3, 2015 9:32 PM

Jun 2013
And they lived happily every after. The end...
No kiss. Arghhhh. But it wouldn't fit to the show in my opinion.
I learned something great from this show. Thank you very much, KyoAni.
Yuuta x Rikka forever. <3
"DARK FLAME MASTER".
Jan 9, 2015 6:07 PM

Jun 2013
I found this quite boring to watch. The whole Chuunibyou thing was kinda stupid and childish. I was really hoping they would come to accept reality as it would have made more sense. There was romance if anything and maybe some comedy but nothing special. 6/10
Feb 6, 2015 12:17 PM

Jun 2013
I kinda wanted to see more, but I guess that might have been what they were shooting for. I liked this ending. Not the best for me, but it was still pretty satisfying.
Feb 8, 2015 2:37 AM
Feb 2015
Lol it's awesome
Mar 6, 2015 9:45 AM

Jul 2012
jose21 said:
Loved the series at the beginning, but to me the ending was bit bittersweet, because it kind of felt that it was rushed, not to mention there was no kiss.

The last two episodes were not bad, but I would like it to have more episodes in between.
I think they should have develop Yuuta x Rikka relationship a bit more when Rita still had her chuuni thing.

lipstick said:
I've lowered my score after the final episode, since the ending is a bit rushed.
Overall, worse than Hyouka imo, but still very good.

X10A_Freedom said:
Hmm...

Too many plot conveniences ruined episode 12 for me. 2/5 this week, 6/10 overall.

Top rate comedy ruined by poorly executed drama.

I feel the same. I so wanted to flip a table when they revealed that she met him (stalked him) 2 years before the plot started -- in the half portion of last episode. I would be so much better without knowing that crap.

The ending was also overly serious like you mentioned and I missed the chuuni self of Rikka which we all came here for.

Nevertheless I still find it to be the first enjoyable summer romance anime in a long while, I must admit this one sucked me in and made me addicted in no time..

I don't mind having no kiss and I think Rikka's acting and cute mannerisms compensate for everything.
Was so surprised they confessed to eachother in episode 10 and not at the end unlike in most cases.
Mar 16, 2015 7:19 PM
Aug 2012
Wow. This series was great up until episode 11. Last part of the last episode contradicts the entire theme and overall plot of the anime. The whole point was to get rikka to get over her mental disorder, and then when she has drastic character development (removing the eyepatch, contacts, and persona), they suddenly pull a 180 on her. Episode 12 ruined the series.
DomineeringOppressor
Apr 12, 2015 12:45 AM
May 2009
xXKyoyaCloudXx said:
Wow. This series was great up until episode 11. Last part of the last episode contradicts the entire theme and overall plot of the anime. The whole point was to get rikka to get over her mental disorder, and then when she has drastic character development (removing the eyepatch, contacts, and persona), they suddenly pull a 180 on her. Episode 12 ruined the series.

Actually, the chuunibyo itself isn't particularly harmful - it just makes her have a less typical life, less friends etc. It'd be troublesome if she kept it up while not meeting Yuuta and others, because she'd be lonely. But if she has friends and family who accepts her as she is, and she's having fun, so what's wrong about that? (of course in adult life there may come more trouble if she keeps her chuunibyo, but we don't know how long she keeps it)
The troublesome part was that she used the chuunibyo to fuel her denial of father's death, which stopped her from accepting it and getting over it. She was aware she's being delusional, but couldn't let go, and that was giving her a hard time. Episode 12 chuunibyo Rikka is still much different than earlier chuunibyo Rikka, since she finally said goodbye to her dad. Uh, unless in the second season she proceeds to look for the Unseen Horizon in hopes she meets him there. I haven't started the second season yet, barely finished the series yesterday.
Episode 12 also showed that actually getting chuunibyo was a sudden huge character development for Rikka, and by getting over it she just jumped back into being the same way as before - a little girl who just wants to please her mom. Sure, I'd prefer if they solved that problem in a more healthy way than letting her become chuunibyo again, but like I said, there isn't anything particularly wrong about being edgy in high school.
Apr 16, 2015 11:03 AM

Aug 2014
Perfect ending, tho I was rooting for that kiss to happen, meh. Anyway, I wonder why the rating is so low on this anime, it was flawless for me, they made no pointless actions with no explanations, and I loved every single character in the show. So much character developement btw.. Somehow I can relate to this general issue of chuuninbyo. Protecting yourself from the harsh reality, not being able to let go of certain moments in your life. Its tough to change the way you know you should, but its mentally painful. It makes me happy that we are having a second season, I accidently started to watch that first (these anime names tho) and I was pretty confused... Anyway, easily 10 out of 10 :)
Apr 30, 2015 8:38 AM

Apr 2010
Beautiful ending. That series was amazing. :)
May 3, 2015 8:06 PM

Jun 2013
Great ending. But since they didn't kiss, 8/10.
May 12, 2015 5:47 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Pretty good show, enjoyed it
May 24, 2015 9:22 PM

Jun 2014
Didn't think I would actually like it this much
Jun 3, 2015 1:45 PM

Feb 2015
Think I got a stomach ache from all the cheese this episode.
Jun 17, 2015 8:03 AM
May 2012
Well, that was a satisfying ending. I can relate to this Anime since I kinda have chuunibyou, too. I always spout nonsense shits to my friends, but yeah, I like doing it.
I really enjoyed this Anime. Yuuta x Rikka is <3 I saw a video on youtube back then that they kissed. It must have happened in the specials. Imma watch the specials and the season 2 next :3
Jun 27, 2015 6:33 PM

Jul 2007
Hmm, coming off of "One Week Friends" which although lacking in as good of a male MC as Yuuta, had a relationship that jived with me more, I have to say I liked this show but not as much as I hoped.

Initially, the two character's relationship felt a bit forced but toward the end of the series I started enjoying them a bit more. The comedy and plot, although entertaining, was hit or miss for me probably because I felt like the "blast reality" stuff wore a little thin. Having the drama + normal Rikka and then later introducing the "blast reality" made it a lot more enjoyable.

That being said, the ending was pretty satisfying (much more so than One Week Friends). I'll wait a little bit and then watch the special and season 2. Entertaining show 7/10 from me.
Jul 23, 2015 1:08 PM

Jan 2012
Hmmm.....
Okay so here are my thoughts on this show. I thought during the first half it was nice. I liked the comedy and could relate with the chuni shit. However what puzzled me the most was the awkward transition from a comedysliceopie to a full blown drama. I mean I know there was a hint of romance but damn son like wtf. I got that whole what am I supposed to feel feel lol. It was like no more comedy for you only seriousss seriously serious. It ended was ok but the level of drama was too serious. I find it hard to believe that there is a second season to this show. Most likely won't watch it. 6/10 if the transition was more smoothly done or they had incorporated some comedy into the last episodes then I would value it more.
you sound poor
Aug 23, 2015 1:36 AM

Jun 2015
Absolutely beautiful ending! I don't really mind the deep drama between the character. i think it was nice to see Rikka's reason why she has her chuuni synd. Little bit teared up when Yuuta opened the unseen horizon and Rikka finally said good-bye to her father. On to season 2 lads! ^^
Aug 23, 2015 10:03 AM
Jul 2014
MetalxSoldier said:
Hmmm.....
Okay so here are my thoughts on this show. I thought during the first half it was nice. I liked the comedy and could relate with the chuni shit. However what puzzled me the most was the awkward transition from a comedysliceopie to a full blown drama. I mean I know there was a hint of romance but damn son like wtf. I got that whole what am I supposed to feel feel lol. It was like no more comedy for you only seriousss seriously serious. It ended was ok but the level of drama was too serious. I find it hard to believe that there is a second season to this show. Most likely won't watch it. 6/10 if the transition was more smoothly done or they had incorporated some comedy into the last episodes then I would value it more.

Yeah, starting about episode 9 or 10, I fount they were trying way too hard to be dramatic. Episode 7 and 8 had a more natural and sincere bit of drama. Wished they wouldn't of hammed it up so thick near the end. Some excellent moments, though. Rikka saying goodbye, perfect.
Aug 26, 2015 2:19 AM

Apr 2015
That episode made me cry so bad and yet I don't know why.

10/10 - loved the series.
Sep 22, 2015 7:54 AM

Jan 2014
A perfect episode. Deep, touching, cute, lovely, aww, I loved it :3
I don't know if I want to watch the sequel... I'm afraid it might not be so good._.

"That's deep."
"No it's not. You're just shallow."

"Yes, Humans are delusional for life."
Oct 12, 2015 11:47 AM

Oct 2013
Holy friggin hell that was cheesy, not to mention it was an incredibly predictable conclusion.
>Yuuta showing up and kidnapping Rikka as if they had any chance in hell of getting by with that
smh I understand that fits into the context of the series, namely in highlighting how they are absorbed into their fantasies and "reject reality," but that was just too facepalm-worthy.

That said, I still liked this as a finale (although clearly not as much as every bloody other person in this thread appears to); it was cute, touching, and, best of all, conclusive. I especially liked how Nibutani compared the human tendency for us to see ourselves as "unique" or "special" to chuunibyou. We aren't special, we don't stand out, and the vast majority of us will never contribute anything worth mentioning to society. That is how it is. Each individual may be "unique," but what good is being "unique," really? This undeserved self-importance truly is an illusion. Thank you, Nibutani, for your insightful observations on the human condition.

I liked the monologue at the end a lot too.

Anyway, this was a great show and matches KyoAni's standards. I do wish though that the second half of the series was as funny as the first half, especially because the foundation for the drama (Rikka denying reality because she's couldn't accept her father died) was kind of contrived. I freely admit they did the best they could with the concept, though, because despite the drama being generic in theory, it was executed almost flawlessly and really touched me at some points (especially episode 11). Much to my surprise, this ended up being a multi-layered show with a few scattered pieces of depth and insight that interested me more than I would have expected.

But maybe I'm just shallow.
ZadionOct 12, 2015 11:52 AM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 28, 2015 9:19 AM
Jul 2014
Zadion said:

We aren't special, we don't stand out, and the vast majority of us will never contribute anything worth mentioning to society.

I can say the alphabet backwards
Nov 13, 2015 7:53 AM

Aug 2014
Awesome episode... A nice end to the anime. Makes me want to cry... Good thing it has a second season :3
sup
Jan 23, 2016 12:07 PM

Dec 2014
ok thatseemed well but did not seem like an end
Mar 26, 2016 8:43 AM
Dec 2015
The ending was amazing! The series wasn't dragged either.
Opening: 3/5
Series: 3/5
Ending: 5/5
Apr 2, 2016 5:12 PM
Apr 2016
I don't get why everyone thinks the ending is nice. It's dumb and irritating. First anime I've ever dropped. I can't even watch the next episode because I hated how stupid and cliche the ending is. I'm so irate.

*edit*
I forgot to explain why, lol. First of all, I havent watched the following chapters so they might have solved this but this episode or the story line of Rika losing her 8th-grade syndrome then living like a normal person then suddenly turning her back to being a girl with 8th-grade syndrome again because of a very stupid reason should've never existed. MC (forgot the name, watched it months ago) went to Rika's house, spat BS, turned Rika back to her terrible state (if you think about it 8th grade syndrome is not fun) then they ran away then even more BS followed up explaining why they should forever act like a complete turd.

Here's a better story-line: ep10-12 is all about normal chuunibyou, fun fun fun. Then on the later chapters drama starts to kick in ending in Rika being normal and everyone lived happily ever after. Kinda like the season 1 ending but they actually stayed that way without Rika suddenly being depressed or some crap. MC spat BS so they could play make-believe once more. You can't keep hiding from the truth, what's the resolution to this?

It seemed like everyone took this stupid ending just becsuse they wanted one. MC loved Rika so why turn her back into what she used to be? The problem here is the syndrome, not the people surrounding them.

Her chuunibyou is caused by the death of her father, she overcomes it only for her to return again. Yey! Seriously, did you guys think this through before saying it's a good ending?
iTeaBearApr 2, 2016 5:38 PM
Apr 2, 2016 5:55 PM

Dec 2013
^ i dont even know how someone can be this dense. it was a good ending because she got the closure she wanted even if it was part of her delusions, she would have had to live with regrets for the rest of her life if she didn't.

'Her chuunibyou is caused by the death of her father'
did you even watch the show rofl? its explicitly explained that she watched Yuuta do it and wanted to life that was more fun and exciting

good show but Dekomori really drags it down, what an annoying and worthless character
Apr 2, 2016 6:29 PM
Apr 2016
sayonara_sekai said:
^ i dont even know how someone can be this dense. it was a good ending because she got the closure she wanted even if it was part of her delusions, she would have had to live with regrets for the rest of her life if she didn't.

'Her chuunibyou is caused by the death of her father'
did you even watch the show rofl? its explicitly explained that she watched Yuuta do it and wanted to life that was more fun and exciting

good show but Dekomori really drags it down, what an annoying and worthless character

Eh, my bad then, I kinda got it mixed. Now that you said it, now I remember Rika seeing MC doing his thing. aside from that then you're as delusional as this whole thing ". it was a good ending because she got the closure she wanted even if it was part of her delusions, she would have had to live with regrets for the rest of her life if she didn't."

really? It's a good ending because she got the closure bla bla bla EVEN ITS A PART OF HER DELUSIONS. You said it yourself, she's got a delusional and an ending with no resolution.

"she would have had to live with regrets for the rest of her life if she didn't" Regret is living in a life full of delusions and fantasies rather than facing the truth. I bet if you're a character of chuunibyou and you're a relative you'd be pissed because your belioved moe is a turd again.
May 12, 2016 8:58 PM
Apr 2016
Really loved this series :") 10/10; 5/5 for the last episode.
Jun 16, 2016 6:47 PM
Jan 2012
Beautiful final. I love declaration of yuuta. Extremely cool see everyone together to help yuuta to show horizon imaterial for Rikka. I love this anime. The discurse of narrator's in the final that's beautiful and deep and leave in my heart.
Jun 26, 2016 11:50 PM

Jan 2014
This was a great end. I'm glad Rikka was able to find a balance, being able to stay Wicked Eye and also accept the death of her father.

For the people going on complaining and underrating the series because the lack of kissing... Seriously, people can be intimate without being sexual. The series and their relationship was fine without that.
Jul 8, 2016 2:35 PM

Jan 2014
I found this series to be mostly average. When the drama kicked in halfway through the season, it almost completely lost the primary reason for watching it: humor. That said, the last episode featured some of the best plot twists I've known, even from serious shows. The 'Dark Flame Master', actually being the master, unknowlingly having created his own apprentice, him actually (even if again accidentally) predicting his influence over the 'Tyrant's Eye', his oh so embarassing letter arriving on precisely the right moment (actually, it was kind of cool to begin with, to actually pull it off and have it arrive two years later), his revealing the 'Unseen Horizon' using the lame sequence all the others had been throwing about for 11 episodes, and finally Kumin senpai being much less of an airhead than she looks, acting like everyone's MVP,.. I truly hadn't seen any of it coming.

Final verdict: 07/10

Well, more like 7,5 if that'd been possible. I think the last episode justifies an additional half point, but not a full one.

Jotakak said:
Seriously, people can be intimate without being sexual.

No, impossibru, this is too many reason!
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 22, 2016 9:56 AM
Jul 2016
Ooooooo this final episode was a tough one. I don't know how I feel about this. Going back into imaginary reality just doesn't sit right with me, but at the same time, they do seem happy.
Aug 27, 2016 8:38 PM

Dec 2014
This show was awesome! I've had it on my ptw for year and half or so and now I feel dumb for not watching it sooner. It did everything I wanted and more. I'm so glad I got to experience this anime.

9/10
Sep 3, 2016 1:40 PM

May 2016
I really enjoyed this series from start to end. It had amazing production quality plus great comedy and diabetes-inducing moe sweetness.

I was planning to give a 9 or a 10 but unfortunately they did not resolve the drama in the way I was expecting.

I wanted Yuuta to realise that Rikka was giving up her Chuuni ways only because of her faith in him. After his exchange with Dekomori at the train station, he should have come to the realisation that the Chuuni act is merely an escape but Rikka is still very much aware of her reality. It would have been nice to see a reconciliation after Yuuta apologizes and professes his love for Rikka for who she has always been, where they keep their individual Chuuni ways just for each other and maybe even a nice embrace/kiss scene.

The ending felt similar but off at the same time perhaps due to runtime.

Overall still a great series, an 8/10 from me!
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Oct 12, 2016 12:18 AM
Dec 2015
I didn't cry at the end or anything like that T_T. Who am I kidding, that ending was so well done
Oct 19, 2016 7:21 PM

Dec 2014
Glad I picked this anime up. Really great ending with Feels! They didn't kiss but I guess it's not the biggest deal since I think they needed more relationship development. From the makers of K-On Kyo did a great job with this adaptation!

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Pages (14) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »

More topics from this board

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2012

323 by Zimmu »»
Mar 13, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2012

431 by Devonnius »»
Feb 25, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 12, 2012

489 by FarCritical »»
Feb 22, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marow - Dec 5, 2012

323 by FarCritical »»
Feb 19, 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.