Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 16, 2013 9:43 PM
Dec 2013
Rarity said:
Why would anyone want a second season? What could they possibly go off of with the finale of the first season? Sigh.

Well, personally, i'd like to see where they could go with it, maybe make a short series showing the characters interactions after the end of the series? something like an ova to give some fans some closure, those who are very curious as to how the characters lived after the end of season 1, or maybe a remake showing a new perspective of season 1 or a new season with a new character in the afterlife, either way, i'd like to see more, they rounded it up well, but I think they still left a few loose ends
Dec 16, 2013 9:46 PM

Aug 2013
I'd rather see a remake than a sequel, specifically with about a 25 episode length, IMO. Had so much potential, but alas, the short episode run really ruined it..
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Dec 16, 2013 11:01 PM

Sep 2012
There probably will be a remake once the VN hits the scene, from what I´ve heard, it will have six volumes, each one with some routes, so we can expect a Clannad-size Angel Beats remake. That would be awesome to say the least, and I want them to specifically expand on Yuri´s route, since I think it´s the one that had the most potential.

That said, all the characters will have their own routes, so it´ll be awesome-
Dec 17, 2013 5:07 AM

Feb 2012
masterfxx1 said:
There probably will be a remake once the VN hits the scene, from what I´ve heard, it will have six volumes, each one with some routes, so we can expect a Clannad-size Angel Beats remake. That would be awesome to say the least, and I want them to specifically expand on Yuri´s route, since I think it´s the one that had the most potential.

That said, all the characters will have their own routes, so it´ll be awesome-

actually based on rumors it potentially will be way longer than Clannad O_O so there's even better hope :D
Jan 16, 2014 10:07 PM
Jan 2014
They can make a Flashback story why that zone is created or who the founder of the AngelPlayer :v it Possible dude :P
Jan 20, 2014 6:41 AM
Jul 2011
SSJgoku91 said:
Season 2: no
Remake: yes

@SSJgoku91
I think It Is Not A Remake!
Jan 20, 2014 6:43 AM
Jul 2011
@All
Because The Alternative Ending already shows Otonashi as Student Council President and is waiting for Someone to Comeback, P.A.Works Is Going To Air Angel Beats 2 Next Year.
Jan 20, 2014 6:46 AM
Jul 2011
I Hope That P.A.Works Will Be\Is Going To Release And Air Angel Beats 2 Next Year.
Jan 25, 2014 1:07 AM
Jan 2014
They could make Angel Beats 2 with a romance storyline.
Also the alternative epilogue is pointless to continue due to it being repetitive don't you think?
Feb 4, 2014 2:05 AM

Jan 2014
There are many plot holes in the story, as to why kanade was there before yuzuru, and the could make a romance series that takes place in the reincarnations, as like everyone meets up in the real world or what not, there are limitless possibility's..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2014 10:56 AM
Feb 2014
https://soundcloud.com/stream No no no i want more i love that maybe a remake though
Feb 28, 2014 2:46 PM
Jan 2014
XxNuclearHDxX said:
There are many plot holes in the story, as to why kanade was there before yuzuru, and the could make a romance series that takes place in the reincarnations, as like everyone meets up in the real world or what not, there are limitless possibility's..

Kanade was there before Yuzuru because he found fulfillment in life in the last moments of his life and it confused his soul and it ended up wandering into the Afterlife. Thats what they hinted in the anime.
Mar 2, 2014 7:47 AM

Jan 2014
just lol...did you even watch the ending?
Mar 8, 2014 9:18 PM
Mar 2014
I would love a session 2... But I would like it from where the first session ended with him meeting Kanade I think their could be something there if you put time into the plot and the events of the story
Mar 8, 2014 9:31 PM
Feb 2014
love to see a remake....
especially expanding KANADE's story....i mean fuck she's a very important character but no backstory??
i mean sure you know she's alone and stuff but those are just thought and no before death memories
Mar 12, 2014 4:15 PM

Oct 2012
I just started reading manga and seeing story of that - thus prequel of AB would also be nice ^^ I learned quite a lot new things about characters in just few hours ? of reading and seeing it animated would be great

I've got a bad habit of clicking spoilers too fast, then regret it ..

"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed."
Mar 12, 2014 4:21 PM

Nov 2012
Not happening
Mar 21, 2014 1:17 AM
Mar 2014
Rarity said:
Why would anyone want a second season? What could they possibly go off of with the finale of the first season? Sigh.

this is not true if you watch to the absolute end of the final episode after the credets it shows our main lead [alive] sitting on a wall while angel [bitch that tore his heart out] went by him humming the song they sang at there graduation and then he chases after her leaving it open for a complete reunion and a previous life memory gain so
May 23, 2014 12:41 PM
May 2014
I think a good ideas for the second season would be that wile all the main people in the first season are living there new lives the world that they where all in has been filled with ressless souls for some reasion and theses people form loads of groups of people inwhitch there is just endless fighting with all theses new methods of fighing as you can make anything in this world. Most of the people in the world think they are in hell so there is just an endless cycle of pain and the world just keeps getting bigger..and the old characators have to pick between there peaceful lives or going back and helping the ressless souls. I thought that would be a good ideas for a seaqual but I like the idears of the prequals. I really liked this anime as of the good mix of blood ,humour and romance. This is the only anime I think that can have a joke about everyone being killed in one episode as they just come back to life lol
Jun 14, 2014 4:02 PM

Jan 2012
nooooooooope.

and the ending was pretty good why would you want a sequel for that
Jun 17, 2014 4:51 AM

Jun 2013
I would like to know the story of Kanade,TK,hisako and other characters and who programmed the shadow to appear also how yuri died maybe VN will sum it all up,2nd season hmm I would like to but I can't see story going anywhere as the main focus of anime was afterlife or Itl be just like malancholy of haruhi when they all reunited in school and do random stuff,or they reborn but now need avoid death(like final destination).
Jul 3, 2014 10:17 AM
Jul 2014
LowKey said:
dark5535 said:
If you think about it, they could make a second season, in which all of the characters turned out to only be in coma, and were all hooked up to a conputer simulation, who knows.

stop.

i think like that too because i want to know about other character past and why kanade was in that world before yuzuru because yuzuru died first and his heart have been given to kanade...and what the most wondering me why kanade sing"my song" if she was reincanate and yuzuru notice that and chase her...i really like if season 2 about thier are meeting again in reality...i really want to know what happen to other member like shiina,tk,matsushita,noda that protect otonashi and i really want to know about eri shiina past...
Jul 12, 2014 9:06 AM
Jul 2014
WHY WHY WHY!

WHY NO!!!!!

Season 2 : YES!!!!
Jul 15, 2014 9:12 AM

Nov 2011
I would love a sequel following either ending, be it in the real world with the original ending, or in the afterlife world with the alternate epilogue. However, to be honest, I feel the series would benefit a lot more from a remake and prequel (in that order). The original show had a lot of potential, but it ended up being a bit to choppy, and there were some unexplained issues.

I don't think it's likely to happen, but I hope it will some day. Angel Beats! is a pretty awesome show, despite its flaws.
Aug 2, 2014 1:30 AM
Aug 2014
I personally believe that a season 2 is very much possible. In fact, after thinking about it for a little while here is an example of how it could be like: (contains major spoilers from the first season, be advised)

Sorry about the wall of text, and if you did read it all, I hope you could imagine what I tried to write.

Also please excuse any english mistakes of mine.
Aug 2, 2014 4:43 PM

Sep 2012
i rly hope the would make a season 2 this anime was rly cool!
Aug 2, 2014 4:44 PM

Sep 2012
Danieru_sensei said:
I personally believe that a season 2 is very much possible. In fact, after thinking about it for a little while here is an example of how it could be like: (contains major spoilers from the first season, be advised)

Sorry about the wall of text, and if you did read it all, I hope you could imagine what I tried to write.

idd that could be a season 2 lets just hope the do it but still nice story what you wrote!^^
Aug 4, 2014 5:09 PM
May 2014
Rarity said:

Well because in the ending they all leave but Otonashi stays back to help with the next people who come and help them pass on; But then again they leave you wondering about the life after death and if you are doing some thing that allows to die care-free... that is just my opinion make as it as you please
Aug 4, 2014 5:17 PM
Nov 2013
No need for second season. What the series really need is a complete rebuild. That thing need to be fixed, more episodes, less melodrama and more depth and backstory. And more T.K.
Aug 7, 2014 6:15 PM
Aug 2014
Kolnikov said:
No need for second season. What the series really need is a complete rebuild. That thing need to be fixed, more episodes, less melodrama and more depth and backstory. And more T.K.
I agree. I hope some day (maybe after the VN comes out) they pull a Kanon and redo it but more fleshed out and focused.
Aug 14, 2014 3:56 AM
Aug 2014
ther's yes and no for season 2 , i prefer yes because they are reincarnate which means they all go back to the real world , why don't release one episode to show us , what will happen to them in the real world , would they find each other and become best friend again or they just forget all of the thing in their afterlife and going in different path ?. i hope their will be onether episode , at least one episode and they will be best friend again. i'm asking like this because in episode 13, after credit , its only kanade and otonashi that show up , i want to know what happen next to hinata and yui , and the other. for people who say no for season two , i think that the best ending and some of you say don't ruin the ending , i aggre with that but don't you fell that you want to know more what happen to them after their reincarnate especially for hinata and yui :D ?
Aug 19, 2014 6:55 AM

Jun 2013
Danieru_sensei said:

you sir deserve a medal really interesting,liked the idea when he loses his mind and start seeing illusions of past and going insane because hes to much time in afterlife,also ova of 1-2 episodes about kanada - otonashi/hinata - yui in reincarnation is required.
Aug 23, 2014 6:30 AM
Jun 2013
Yea just keep milking the series until everybody hates it, why not.
Aug 29, 2014 10:53 PM

Apr 2014
they set it up so they could make i season 2, so why not hope for the possibility ( to get crushed in the long run ) ):
Sep 23, 2014 9:14 PM

Sep 2014
Season 2's possibility: 0%

I do wished there was more backstory for the side characters.
Oct 28, 2014 5:48 AM
Oct 2014
Yuzuru she not dead in real life in the hospital because she just die when she suddenly there who rescue them so 100% life he please Go Create more Episode :(( i miss this 10x im watching this anime

Season 2 please
Oct 28, 2014 5:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
season 2 is not going to happen

a significantly longer, broader and more satisfying remake will very likely be made in maybe 5 years or so however when the Angel Beats VN is finished
Oct 29, 2014 10:37 AM

Oct 2011
HaXXspetten said:
a significantly longer, broader and more satisfying remake will very likely be made in maybe 5 years or so however

I'm all for that, the ending felt quite rushed (as well as everything after the shadows' appearance, tbh). You can really see why people say it was planned to be 25 episodes long.
when the Angel Beats VN is finished

Speaking of that, any news on that front? :(
Oct 29, 2014 4:49 PM

Nov 2013
crevette said:
HaXXspetten said:
a significantly longer, broader and more satisfying remake will very likely be made in maybe 5 years or so however

I'm all for that, the ending felt quite rushed (as well as everything after the shadows' appearance, tbh). You can really see why people say it was planned to be 25 episodes long.
when the Angel Beats VN is finished

Speaking of that, any news on that front? :(

The first volume is supposed to come out in 2014....
There haven't been any news lately, so I'm not getting my hopes up. Even if it gets released, it's going to be divided into 6 volumes, so it's going to take years before it gets completed/translated.
If they turn it into a dating sim, I'm going to rage hard.
Oct 30, 2014 12:08 AM
Oct 2014
Go Created season 2 into Real worlds Yuzuru Love Angel, hinata Love Yui,

Season 1: Yuzuru is not dead for the real world sure 100%

please please Season 2 im waiting :))
Oct 30, 2014 12:09 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
people still bitching about angel beats?

go watch something else like jojo's bizzare adventure
Jan 3, 2015 11:07 PM
Sep 2014
Eagle1337 said:
FailAtLife said:
I've seen a lot of anime. I'm an elitist. My opinion: You dumbfuck there is no second season.

I haven't seen a lot of anime. I'm not an elitist. My opinion: You dumbfuck, he was asking about a season 2, and if you follow the convo it changed into whether or whether not it needs an S2.

DEM WHAT A BOSS
Apr 3, 2015 7:30 AM
Apr 2015
Season 2 will be released somewhere in 2015,The game version is going to be released on the 29th of May 2015
Apr 3, 2015 7:32 AM

Aug 2014
Tavor said:
Yep, they turn out to be reincarnated into barnacles in season 2.

oh gawd nuuh
Apr 4, 2015 4:22 AM

Nov 2013
Zilgme said:
Season 2 will be released somewhere in 2015,The game version is going to be released on the 29th of May 2015

Season 2 will never be released. A 1-episode-long OVA will be released in July 2015, probably to support the new Visual Novel's popularity.
May 10, 2015 2:33 PM
Feb 2015
Yes there is going to be one but it's a new project
May 15, 2015 6:10 AM

Sep 2012
That_Asian_Guy said:

how ya know?
May 15, 2015 7:52 AM

Jan 2013
Andreasie said:
That_Asian_Guy said:

how ya know?

He doesn't. There isn't going to be a season 2 as far as anyone knows. The first part of the visual novel, expanding the story will be released soon and an OVA will be released the 24th of June.
May 27, 2015 11:36 PM

May 2015
Shiveron said:
They in no way set it up for anything to go off of with the way they ended. I think a remake would be nice, especially a full 24-26 ep remake. Maybe then they'd actually be able to put some development into the characters instead of just a 5 minute back story before making them disappear.
Really? well I want second season too :)
याद रखिये ख़ुशी इस बात पर निर्भर नहीं करती कि आप कौन हैं या आपके पास क्या है ; ये पूरी तरह से इस बात पर निर्भर करती है कि आप क्या सोचते हैं

Jul 2, 2015 5:53 PM
Jul 2015
The maker of Angel Beats clearly stated in an interview ( Maeda Jun ) that he does not want to make a 2nd season. But there will come an anime from the same maker as Angel Beats. That anime is called Charlotte
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

538 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.