Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Say I Love You.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 15, 2012 9:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Well, this was a dramatic episode imo. I knew Megumi would rage from the recent events tbh. Some of her past isn't too pleasant isn't too well anyways.

I thought that the date between Mei and Yamato was cute though :P. Nagi looked funny with those neko ears and that roller coaster ride looked like fun imo. And cliffhanger ending..I saw that coming.

Stark700Dec 15, 2012 9:40 AM
Dec 15, 2012 9:40 AM

Nov 2007
Meg is now desperate and showing her true self, and begins to lose friends.

She's also one of those who doesn't have self confidence, but "gained" with make up.

lol @ the date. It's all decided by Yamato to where they ride. Daichi (Nakai-san?) is introduced because Nagi wants to meet them.

That dream with young Mei with her parents? Will that be important in the anime?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 15, 2012 11:33 AM

Sep 2012
Very different from the manga but still really good! love Nagi-chan in the nekomimi
Dec 15, 2012 11:43 AM

Jul 2010
Wonderful episode ^-^ I have some sympathy for Megu-tan, but I just really don't like her, honestly. Girls like her are innately annoying and self-centered :( But I do feel some for her. I just wish she could be kind, like Mei.

But that date between Mei and Yamato was just too cute, loved it! Kyaaaa~ it reminded me so much of last week when I went to a theme park with my boyfriend, I was smiling the whole time :)

Yamato and Mei are perfect for each other <3
Dec 15, 2012 11:49 AM
Oct 2010
poor megu. guess it was expected with how she treated them people. mei crying hngggg cute~

what was with that flashbcak
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Dec 15, 2012 12:21 PM

Dec 2012
I love this episode 5/5!!!! The date with yamato and mei was really adorable xD!!! I cant stand megumi! Ugh shes just so annoying and a bit*h! I kinda dont have sympothy for her:/
Dec 15, 2012 12:22 PM
Nov 2012
Good one, not so special though. Perhaps my expectation is too high.
Dec 15, 2012 12:24 PM
Sep 2012
The shift between Mei's increasing happiness and Megu's downfall in the episode is a good touch. Nagi is so cute and it's great that she's enjoying school. But what in the world is wrong with Megu's mom? What kind of parent lets their kid's hair look like it did when Megu was younger? Talk about having barely any interest in your child.
Dec 15, 2012 12:38 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Little sisters can be fearsome opponents.
Dec 15, 2012 1:01 PM

May 2011
shymel said:
The shift between Mei's increasing happiness and Megu's downfall in the episode is a good touch. Nagi is so cute and it's great that she's enjoying school. But what in the world is wrong with Megu's mom? What kind of parent lets their kid's hair look like it did when Megu was younger? Talk about having barely any interest in your child.

from Megu's flash back it seems like her mom is one of those parents who works too much to pay attention to their kid..seems like her mom was never really apart of her life even though they lived together.

any way. this was completely different from the manga and it seems like with 2 episodes left, the anime will have an original ending because basically this episode would have been the latest chapter in the manga.
<center></center>
Dec 15, 2012 1:04 PM
Dec 2012
Well its nice that they did something different . kinda feel bad for megu , seems like she was 'forced' into acting like this due to what happened in school and her mum not giving her much attention . Something tells me that Kai and Megu will get together im most probably wrong though
Dec 15, 2012 1:26 PM

Nov 2012
This episode was surprisingly really really good! Usually they have overboard drama and all that mushy-crap but this episode was a really nice side to side situation portrayal of Mei's current state of life versus Megumi's. The angst and frustration versus Mei's happiness and fun attitude really balanced out the show. The end was thrilling too, I just hope that it doesn't end up everyone going to the apartment and that Megumi really IS gone somewhere. I also have to point out that Mei's face after riding so many roller coasters was a really nice funny moment for the audience. This show doesn't have that many hilarious or even remotely funny moment since it's started because of the drama fest but they've battled down most of the dramas with the first round of 10 episodes, each drama making a full turn by the end of the episode so it didn't bother me to death but it did frustrate me. However, with this new turn on the relationship, I'm looking forward to seeing how Megumi and Mei's pep talk will go :)
Dec 15, 2012 1:39 PM

Jun 2012
If I had to choose between the examining of Megumi vs a date with Yamato and Mei I'd go with the former. The date really only exemplifies how far Mei has changed since the beginning of the series while it's good to have episodes to remind the audience how far the characters have come I was just more interested with Megumi this week.

We've been seeing for the past couple of weeks now how insecure Megumi really is through her actions. Just to name a few:

She always has to have people around her
She has to get what she wants
She has to be liked

One thing I can commend about her is how she actually took upon herself to try to change. However she didn't change what truly counts which is whats on the inside. The scene when Megumi trys to get Aiko to ditch Mei and come to a fashion party she's going to only exemplifies this.
Dec 15, 2012 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
A short summary of this episode:
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
+Megu drama

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 15, 2012 2:03 PM

Feb 2011
Awwwwwwwwwwww This was such a cute episode :3

Megu becoming a mess :(

Can't wait for the next ep .
Dec 15, 2012 2:32 PM

Jan 2011
kwills88 said:
shymel said:

from Megu's flash back it seems like her mom is one of those parents who works too much to pay attention to their kid..seems like her mom was never really apart of her life even though they lived together.

any way. this was completely different from the manga and it seems like with 2 episodes left, the anime will have an original ending because basically this episode would have been the latest chapter in the manga.

Latest scan in English. There are a few chapters that haven't been translated yet so they may go with a cour ending/cliffhanger rather than a final ending. I've only looked at a couple of untranslated chapters, so I only know what is coming up next week (or at least what should be the first half of the episode).

We got most of Megu-chan's back story, but it had a bit more impact in the manga. We didn't see that Megu's home was pretty much a mess with what looked like clothes scattered around the apartment or stored in plastic garbage bags. You got the impression of grinding poverty and an idea that Megu's mother may have been working in a hostess bar or someplace similar (hence the complete make-up kit). It was also clear just how much she was bullied because of her background until she changed her image. We also saw how Momo was really the one person who knew her from before the makeover and is actually the only real friend she has ever had.

If there has been a weakness to this show to my mind, it has been that it has been a little skimpy on the backgrounds of the supporting characters. Since Mei not only is growing and changing herself, she is a also a transformative force in the lives of the minor characters, that is a bit of a problem--unless you are only interested in the main couple.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 15, 2012 3:35 PM
Sep 2012
@rodac Wow, thanks for the summary. I really enjoy the anime but I have been wondering if there's something that's missing, especially in this episode (despite the fact that I really enjoyed it).
I get why people dislike Megu-chan but for some reason I can't bring myself to hate her, or even dislike her. I want her to be 'fixed' like Mei was, I still don't think she doesn't deserve the chance to redeem herself but sadly I can't help but think about the possibility that the beautiful sunlight outside her window was the last thing she saw before she took her own life.. I really hope that I'm wrong.
Dec 15, 2012 3:48 PM

Sep 2010
I wish we could have seen more of Mei and Yamato being cute together <3
I mean... There was lot's of it but something more.. random. And unexpected. Like at the beginning of the series when he was kissing her, or when she kissed him in the halls. Hehe..

Only two more episode ;-(
Dec 15, 2012 4:06 PM

Aug 2009
Always the dumb bitch kitagawa to kill a perfect episode! -__-
Dec 15, 2012 4:24 PM

Dec 2009
Iif it wasn't for the 'blech' ending with Kitagawa this would be the best episode easily. The date was awesome and Mei was just too cute here.

Ara ara.
Dec 15, 2012 4:45 PM

Jan 2012
Haters can hate, but I was glad that Megu got what she deserves. She is exactly the kind of person I can't stand. Anyway, the date was nice, I'm happy to see that things are going good for Mei and Yamato.

Dec 15, 2012 6:38 PM

May 2008
THATS SO CUTE . Gonna use some of those ideas next time XD. Kitagawa on the other hand need to cherish that girl , she is a once in a lifetime friend.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 15, 2012 6:56 PM
Jun 2008
well look like megumi really hit crash & burn meltdown give kai asking megumi ruin mei's life then trying to steal mei's female pals then got busted, other students left her cause her model, etc to point reading text message they don't like megumi.

all that combine rough past from being bullied to trying makeover to being model all pressure cue megumi has fallen down.

while mei & yamato goes the Land place for date all good til here yamato's sister & brother well still all fine til a call yamato got megumi is not well.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 15, 2012 7:11 PM

Nov 2007
MEI! God she is so adorable!

The episode was fantastic. The date moments made the episode worth every second of it. Mei blushing from time to time just made my day!

I think I can forgive Yamato for his stupidity in the episodes preceding this one. Kai sure have knocked some senses into him. Well, Yamato was caring from the moment he set his eyes on Mei but shouldn't have hurt her back in those episodes like he did. The way he treated her in this episode, I hope all of the guys out there treat our female counterparts the way he does. :)

Nagi was so damn cute! I wonder if her presence ruined some of you fans' take on a perfect date. I thought how Mei accepting Nagi with an open heart makes the date even more so adorable!

Megumi going crazy over not getting over her past and losing friends and fans alike so quickly go to show that fake personality doesn't bring out the best results in the long or short run. I just hope that she didn't commit anything that cannot be amended, even though I don't like her personality.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 15, 2012 7:41 PM

Jul 2012
Jii, still don't like Megumi after this episode. Just sayin'.

Anyways, awesome ep! Got to see a lot of Mei and Yamato scenes; especially the sofa scene and the hug in the morning *kyaaa!!!* <33 ^^

You gotta love Nagi!^^

Hmm, seems to me that next episode will be more on Megumi.. >_<
Dec 15, 2012 7:42 PM

Jul 2012
Lulexiaa said:
Agreed!
Dec 15, 2012 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
DoctorDoom said:
Iif it wasn't for the 'blech' ending with Kitagawa this would be the best episode easily. The date was awesome and Mei was just too cute here.

I totally agree, after hearing the call about Megumi, it kept the ep from being the absolute best ep >_<
Dec 15, 2012 8:20 PM
Sep 2012
That was a nice date with Yamato and Mei. I lol'd at Nagi throwing away one of her brothers for Mei. She's just too cute.

Everything is starting to fall apart for Megumi. I would feel sorry for her after knowing her past and how hard it was for her to overcome everything, but I still hate her for treating everyone like she does and especially the way she tried to destroy Mei.
Dec 15, 2012 8:39 PM

Oct 2012
I know I'm just repeating what everyone else already said but the date was the cutest thing everrrr! Mei is trying so hard! And lucky for her she has a guy who is willing to take it slow :) I do feel a little bit bad for Megumi though!
Dec 15, 2012 9:01 PM

May 2010
Yeah, I don't really feel sorry for Megu.
Dec 15, 2012 9:58 PM

May 2007
The female audience have little sympathy for Megu.....that's a shame.

I know her character is suppose to be "evil" but I'm hoping Kai will save her, I think she deserves a 2nd chance, I mean she's constantly put under pressure because of her inferiority complex.

Maybe because I'm a male viewer, I actually like Megu.

This is what I posted in a forum I frequent often:-

"Episode 11 was good, I like the parts where it focused on Megu rather than the date, which was just "pure shoujo".

I actually commented about this episode at MAL and seems this series is watched mainly by the female population and they all hate Megu, which I found amusing....it was actually quite silly because everyone (I confirmed by checking their profiles....they were all females) was calling her a "b*tch". :lol:

Apparently some of the events of the manga are kinda different to the anime, such as the latest episode and Chapter 24. Chapter 24 of Volume 6 is the most recent scanlation of the manga and it has 9 volumes so far, so I don't think a 2nd season will come out for this series for a while.

I was checking the manga out because I wanted to know what happened to Megu, I hope she's well, I don't think she deserves all the hate, her inferiority complex is just getting the better of her, causing her to act so irrational. Her friend, Momo-chan cares for her and hasn't given up on her. Megu-chan is cute but she needs someone to tell her that after being tormented in her younger years for being called "ugly" when she really wasn't, it's just got taller than the boys because of puberty.

Looking forward to the next episode. :D"

Thank you guys for the entertainment.
JCDRANZERDec 15, 2012 10:08 PM
Dec 15, 2012 10:29 PM

May 2009
This episode was really nice but I still don't feel sorry for Megu. I feel like when creators of an anime want to paint a sad background story of a character, they just go straight to bullying as if it is the absolute worse thing without having the character be in poverty or something.

I can only assume after seeing this episode, Megu is going to attempt suicide.
Dec 15, 2012 10:34 PM

May 2007
Hachiko75 said:
This episode was really nice but I still don't feel sorry for Megu. I feel like when creators of an anime want to paint a sad background story of a character, they just go straight to bullying as if it is the absolute worse thing without having the character be in poverty or something.

I can only assume after seeing this episode, Megu is going to attempt suicide.

Yeah, most likely suicide.

I wouldn't say the anime creator but just the shoujo genre in general, there's always a character with a sad past consisting of bullying.
Dec 15, 2012 11:02 PM

Jul 2009
I think Megu's friend is much prettier... Megu better realize what she has before she loses her for good!
Dec 15, 2012 11:05 PM

Sep 2008
Making me want to read the manga.
Dec 15, 2012 11:06 PM

Nov 2012
this is definitely the number 1 love genre anime this season

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 15, 2012 11:16 PM
Jun 2008
Hope megumi will be fine . =(

Fantastic event between Mei and Yamoto would happen if Nagi wasn't in the hotel >.<
Dec 16, 2012 12:54 AM

Oct 2007
QuiGonJon said:
A short summary of this episode:
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
+Megu drama

^ totally! As things are, I predict next episode or two Mei will end up 'saving' Megu from her rock bottom.

OR

Mohawk dude to the rescue!
Dec 16, 2012 1:39 AM

Sep 2012
Meh, average episode. I'm glad it's ending.
Dec 16, 2012 2:23 AM

Apr 2012
Mei looked really cute on the date. Megu is going to do something rash in the next episode by the looks of it.
Dec 16, 2012 5:09 AM

Oct 2010
The thing I really like about Sukitte Iinayo is how every character has a well-developed background, especially in the manga. I actually relate to characters like Aiko and Megumi a lot more than Mei for example, so it's nice to see them get some further development. Really good episode, can't wait for next week.
(I ship Kai and Megumi way too much ... I really hope they end up together in the manga)
Dec 16, 2012 7:20 AM
Nov 2012
xriceball26 said:
Lulexiaa said:
Agreed!

Agreedx10!! Phone call at the end ruin the end of this episode ruin their date.. Cute girl with horrible attitude is the worst.. Megumi, i stlll can't like her.
Dec 16, 2012 9:54 AM

Nov 2012
This episode was really cute/sad. Megumi is annoying, but I felt bad for her in this episode. Honestly, I looked at some raw manga chapters up until chapter 39, and I actually come to like Megumi(SHOCKER). Anyway the parts with Yamato and Mei were super sweet, but I wish her hair was long, by this time in the manga her hair was really long. Anyway Nagi was adorable and it was cool to see Yamato's hot brother, who actually becomes an important character in the manga(I found this out from the raws). Whats also funny is, the mini argument between Megumi and Momo doesn't happen until like chapter 26 or 27. This means the anime might not have an original ending, it might seem original to us because we haven't seen it in the manga yet. I feel like this anime might have a season two, because from seeing the raws theres a lot to be covered, so this season might have one of those cliff hanger endings.
xxXKittyXxxDec 16, 2012 12:45 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2012 11:26 AM

Jun 2008
It's so good to have Aiko there. And even though I'm glad about the development, I feel bad for Momoko. D;

xxXKittyXxx said:
Anyway Nagi was adorable and it was cool to see Yamato's hot brother, who actually becomes an important character in the manga(I found this out from the raws).

Seriously!? I always end up taking a strong interest in characters who appear for only a few panels or pages, so that's great to hear! *A*
Dec 16, 2012 3:22 PM

Nov 2011
From the moment i heard hotel, i knew nothing was gonna happen.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 16, 2012 11:31 PM
Jul 2012
Nice episode. Loved the date! Extremely CUTE! If only Nagi wasn't in the hotel, then I would probably end up laughing at the cuteness(its just how I am) or if she was staring at the coach, while... you know. Poor Megu-tan, bulling isn't really good, it exists because we have personality, ying and yang you could say. We can only try to help really. This gives me something to point out! Anime exists for this reason. I wasn't really born with much self-confidence, or any at all. Now at this age, I reflect on the anime I watch(thus the reason why I started going on discussions) and now, I'm trying? Can't really tell if I'm improving. I'm just letting myself go. No point in keeping TOO many thoughts in my head, just because I lack self-confidence. May as well just say as much as you can and set your wings free to fly on the waves called your real persona.
AcxelionDec 16, 2012 11:34 PM
Dec 17, 2012 1:19 AM

Jan 2011
weiqifan said:

^
though i was slightly happy the bitch got what she had coming only felt bad for that one girl that's always trying to be there for her.
Dec 17, 2012 2:48 AM

Sep 2012
nagi looked so cute :3
and still hating that megu-tan
annyoing bitch.. zz
Dec 17, 2012 4:40 AM

Jun 2010
weiqifan said:

I feel the same.
Dec 17, 2012 4:45 AM

May 2010
Nagi returned,nice desu!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

217 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 21, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

97 by ibtissame »»
Apr 19, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2012

127 by Peixefaca »»
Feb 15, 9:25 AM

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

7 by requiemofred_ »»
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

162 by NotBonBon »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.