Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 8, 2011 10:57 PM

Jul 2009
sps89 said:
Although all posts i have read in this thread i personally think it was the best episode of all zero no tsukaima series and i m fucking serious!

good for you dude!

i also liked the episode cause it was epic

way to voice your opinion

"The best Leaders know when to follow"
Apr 13, 2011 10:42 AM
Nov 2010
aw heck this might as well have been the best cliffhanger of the season but the mood got kinda ruined when Saito cameback like "just kidding fellas, im not really dead lol" feel over it, i think it would´ve been more appropriate if he came back at season 3 instead.
May 16, 2011 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
sps89 said:
Although all posts i have read in this thread i personally think it was the best episode of all zero no tsukaima series and i m fucking serious!

this!!

i just re-watched it again (the entire season) and i have to admit the season as a whole was AWESOME, but this ep was truly special.

very emotional and well-done marriage ceremony with saito's epic "death" scene.

there really isnt any series like this one. its my fav of rie kug..
Jun 3, 2011 3:24 PM

Sep 2010
At First, I Was Thinking About 1 VS 70000 That I Don't Know If He Can Manage It. Then After Seeing He Is A MAN That He's Going To Beat 70000 Men Against 1 For The Sake Of Her Love Louise D: , I Was Really Fucking Shock That I Really Want To Jizzed In My Pants . Afterwards When I Saw He's Getting Damaged, I Was Really Like, OH SHIT SAITO'S GONNA DIE FOR REAL!!! DDDDDDDD: And That Scene Made Me Really Sad Plus Louise's Crying. IT'S TOO FUCKING EPIC I LOVE YOU SAITO T_T. The Next Day, Yeah, Saito's Fucking Alive O: . HOW? Since There's No Wounds Of His After His Fight. Then Saito's RUINED The Mood From That Comedic Booby Fairy And Another Fight With Louise Like The First Episode.

Man, It's Better That They Should Remain The Belief That He's Dead Then Show Him That He's Still Alive At The 3rd Season Instead Of Spoiling It Already. That Makes Me Dissatisfy. YOU BETRAYED ME SAITO, AFTER THAT FUCKING EPIC HEROIC ACT, YOU'RE STILL A PERVERT. But Still Love The Whole Series Even Though They Ruined The Ending.
WinterKonataJun 3, 2011 3:31 PM
Jun 27, 2011 9:02 AM
May 2009
Great Episode, the comedy at the end kinda felt unneeded, but it works.
Sep 29, 2011 6:43 PM

Jan 2011
The most effective ending would have been to have Louise alone in her room crying her eyes out, and then in the last few seconds show the flower flickering to life. Cue closeup of Louise's teary eyes widening in disbelief. "SAITO......."

Now that would have earned a 9/10 from me for the series. It would have clearly signaled that there would be a season three, and it would have given some time to explain the fairy (and provide for a first episode--The Search for Saito).

Of course this is all hindsight from someone who is neither a mangaka or a director. But wouldn't it have been nice....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 15, 2011 9:27 PM

Dec 2010
Saito's last stand made this episode within grasp of epic, even though I'm aware there there is a third season (and even a fourth coming out soon) so i knew he wasn't going to die it was still touching all the same, well this show was solid, it was what i expected... until this episode which in my opinion made up for all the things that left something to be desired in the previous episodes

"Well men have to die anyway,might as well die in the right way"-Derflinger
Nov 25, 2011 3:27 PM

Oct 2011
Was a bit emotional at the last stand... Great episode.
Now if only they didn't COMPLETELY reset the romance between Saito and Louise...
It developed a great deal too. They should've outright removed the last part cause now Louise is back to her Tsun side ._.
Nov 25, 2011 6:40 PM

Jan 2011
Hoaah.
First, I dropped season 1 on first episode.
Second, I finished season 3.
And lastly, I watched this final episode without knowing what happened on the first 11 episodes.

But that's already enough to make me cry.
Louise vow, the toast, the wedding, Eclair D'amour, alone against 70.000, and finally when they scream each others name. Its hard to write while my glasses blurry due to tears.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Dec 12, 2011 2:15 PM

Nov 2011
great episode
in my opinion the second series has more COMEDY, more LOVE and more DRAMA = FUNNY

10/10 I realy love this seazon

I'll pass on 3rd
Dec 29, 2011 7:51 AM

Apr 2010
OtherGuyX said:
i was getting kinda sad when saito died. Then he came back alive and it was a pretty good scene.
they ruined it though when saito started talking about the fairies tits. WTF....

This. It was a great episode, ended the season really good, but they ruined it.
Jan 6, 2012 2:04 PM
Jan 2012
I cried. And then there were boobs <facepalm>
Jan 10, 2012 4:35 PM
Jul 2011
Masta-chan said:

This. Facepalmed so hard when they ruined a great moment with some garbage about the fairies tits. I was expecting a kiss and a (more) happy ending but if they bring Saito back just to say that, they shoulda kept him dead till s3.
Jan 27, 2012 5:43 AM
Jan 2009
Masta-chan said:

God.. I cried also cause i'm a pansy like that and it would have been a very emotional ending... if it wasn't for the boobs :|

theazntiger said:
I was expecting a kiss and a (more) happy ending but if they bring Saito back just to say that, they shoulda kept him dead till s3.

I agree with that, as long as they hinted another season that he was still alive, it would have been a better ending for the season.

/on toward season 3....

edit: just watched the first episode.... where's the magical flower that showed the bond/love between the two?..
XanekJan 27, 2012 6:07 AM
Feb 9, 2012 9:49 AM
Dec 2011
he back alive to tell that fairy saved him and have big tits lol that dissapoint me .. 8/10
Mar 8, 2012 2:24 AM

Aug 2010
Really gay ending...

A tolerable ending would have at least been the fairy bringing him back to life, but him still being in Albion.

By having him return to the school alive all of a sudden completely ruined all the drama that had just unfolded.

>>How many Dragonball Z characters does it take to change a lightbulb??
Ive got no idea, but it'd take at least 20 episodes!
Mar 8, 2012 6:10 PM

May 2011
i almost gave this ep a 4 because of that ending. but the drama building up to it was enough for me to enjoy most of this ep
but wow, the way it ended did kinda piss me off, i felt like it was kinda trolled the wrong way
Mar 13, 2012 8:10 PM

Feb 2012
alright, that was all sweet and happy and stuff but i wish they could've saved the boob shenanigans for the next season. why did they have to end it like that?
they couldn't have passionately made love in that field?
i'm a wishful thinker?
yes. :c

aw well, i'll still watch the next season anyhow.~
Mar 22, 2012 6:27 PM

Sep 2011
Should have left the revival for the beginning of the next season but regardless, amazing episode! The battle was just EPIC!
Apr 2, 2012 10:22 PM
Sep 2010
Loved the season finale. I think I teared a little when Saito died. I hope the fairy thing will be explained in the next season or it will seem pretty random. Overall, the series was pretty entertaining.
Uploader53
Apr 14, 2012 12:16 AM

Feb 2010
Cheesy ;d so Guise wasn't lying.

deViate said:
Another season seems plausible but unlikely.

Great fight scene compared to the other episodes.

5 years later~2 more seasons
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2012 11:38 AM

Aug 2011
i read that this was one of the top saddest death scenes somewhere, yeah i can see that now. but glad to see him back :D 8/10 for me. off the the next season!

lol at the fairy scene :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2012 1:45 AM

Apr 2009
I think Guiche already experienced being saved by the fairy before, but he was vague explaining it earlier. Now that it happened to Saito, it looks like a Deus Ex Machina for now or maybe because he is Gandalfr, God's left hand (which is still a Deus Ex Machina by itself). And now that he's back, Saito is powered by the sight of big breasts alone!

Saito vs 70,000 sounds like badass but how many did he actually took down before the fairy supposedly rescued him anyway?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 1, 2012 7:57 PM

Aug 2009
melancholy said:
like i said, all the episodes end EXACTLY the same xD louise chasing after saito when he says something pervy or out of the question...lol

Too true. I liked this series, but honestly can't stand that girl.
Jul 18, 2012 4:43 PM

Jun 2012
Fantastic episode, best of season 2, really dramatic and emotional. I was thinking of dropping the series from here but this episode forced me to keep going, now on wards to season 3.
Aug 2, 2012 11:32 PM

Jun 2012
Sooo in just one episode, Saito got married, fought off entire army by himself, died and came back to life......wtf?
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Sep 6, 2012 3:56 AM

Jun 2011
Semi-decent ending. I'd have preferred Saito to have remained missing rather than come back with a cheesy story about his survival though.
Sep 25, 2012 8:47 AM
Jul 2012
anyone else really starting to dislike siesta? Kirche got the hint even tho she has lots of guys goin for her etc an just wanted saito to spite louise, but seems shes taken the hint an backed off (still calls him darling an all, but doesnt hang all over him), so why doesnt siesta?

ok, i get she likes him, an hell, i found it humorous at first how hed always get in trouble due to misunderstandings with those 2 (tub scene, prime example) but seems the latter part of this season, it was just a bit much, and i dont really ever dislike characters on these animes much, and ive watched shows like kimi ga and school days for cryin out loud lol its like the writers are throwing her at him just cuz shes the only one around (other than louise that is)
Nov 12, 2012 4:59 AM

Sep 2012
had me crying. so dramatic, thank god hes alive :')
Nov 29, 2012 5:26 PM
Aug 2012
Hito420 said:
anyone else really starting to dislike siesta? Kirche got the hint even tho she has lots of guys goin for her etc an just wanted saito to spite louise, but seems shes taken the hint an backed off (still calls him darling an all, but doesnt hang all over him), so why doesnt siesta?

ok, i get she likes him, an hell, i found it humorous at first how hed always get in trouble due to misunderstandings with those 2 (tub scene, prime example) but seems the latter part of this season, it was just a bit much, and i dont really ever dislike characters on these animes much, and ive watched shows like kimi ga and school days for cryin out loud lol its like the writers are throwing her at him just cuz shes the only one around (other than louise that is)

I've begun to really dislike her, she's become really annoying especially on the point that she doesn't know when to back off. Yep she's been really aggravating in this season. Have seen School Days and HATED Makoto, he's the worst male lead I've ever come across.

Earlier on in this season I was getting worried Saito was going the in same direction but fortunately he's matured (if we don't take into account the last part of this ep. where both Saito and Louise uncharacteristically have their relationship reset to 0.) I'll just pretend that last part didn't happen at all as it completely spoiled the whole episode and was rather anticlimatic. Just a few minutes before Louise was grieving Saito's death and then all of a sudden the first thing she does when she sees him alive is trying to kill him over some really silly misunderstanding that obviously was just cheaply added in for fanservice and humour's sake.

Overall I'm a actually quite disappointed by this season, I'd have especially liked to see some more void magic that Louise is supposed to possess. There's been no development whatsoever on that to a point where it almost suggests Louise actually got worse at her void magic than at the beginning of the series.

I will watch season 3 with hopes of better development of the characters, and some resolve to the war, Louise x Saito relationship MINUS Siesta, advancemments in Louise's void magic, the ring that belongs to the water spirit, the fairy etc etc.

TonyC1994 said:
Sooo in just one episode, Saito got married, fought off entire army by himself, died and came back to life......wtf?

I know right, this content could have been better covered in 2-3 episodes.
MushorwellNov 29, 2012 5:33 PM
Jan 2, 2013 6:14 PM

Nov 2012
I felt the ending was fine. I needed some comic relief! I was almost crying when Louise was in the bedroom with her sister.

I love how people in the beginning of the thread were saying that there most likely would not be more seasons but now there are 2 more :D
May 28, 2013 12:15 AM

Apr 2013
i really enjoyed the ending i thought it was a great ending.... till the last minute came up and he just went on his big breast spree >.> why did they do that.. i feel so trolled getting my hopes up for a passionate ending with them in the field...
May 28, 2013 12:31 AM

Mar 2012
Wingzx said:
i really enjoyed the ending i thought it was a great ending.... till the last minute came up and he just went on his big breast spree >.> why did they do that.. i feel so trolled getting my hopes up for a passionate ending with them in the field...
It was different in novel. In novel Louise go throught great depression and Saito doesn't magicaly come out of nowhere.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 28, 2013 1:08 AM

Apr 2013
NeoAnkara said:
It was different in novel. In novel Louise go throught great depression and Saito doesn't magicaly come out of nowhere.

as depressing as that sounds. it wouldve been a better ending then the way it was ended >.<
May 28, 2013 1:11 AM

Mar 2012
Wingzx said:
NeoAnkara said:

as depressing as that sounds. it wouldve been a better ending then the way it was ended >.<
It was good for cliffhanger and they can search for him in Princess no Rondo.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 6, 2013 8:27 PM
Jul 2009
4 years later and this episode still cranks the waterworks in my eyes T_T
Jun 26, 2013 8:53 PM

Jun 2012
That one dude already told the story about the fairy, so even before Saito was revived I was certain he was going to be brought back to life by that same fairy. It didn't really feel cheesy to me because of that, although I think they should have separated the coming-back-to-life part from this episode. It could have been a decent way to kick start season 3. Instead, they kill off all the suspense and drama that had been building throughout the entire episode by also including the part where Saito comes back to life.

The thing I disliked about the ending was not that Saito came back to life, but rather that Saito and Louise were both so happy to see each other, then Saito mentions he was saved by a big-breasted fairy and suddenly we're right back at square one. It's annoying because they make it look like the romance is going to genuinely develop, but then something extraneous happens and every last bit of progress is lost. It's like eating a tootsie pop, and just when you're about to get to the center, someone comes by and snatches it from you and throws it away. So you grab another one and start over, but once again, right when you're about to get to the center, *snatch* -- it's gone.

Oh well, it won't stop me from watching season 3 & 4. Despite how dumb this anime is, I've really enjoyed watching it.
LarasoJun 26, 2013 9:01 PM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jun 28, 2013 12:41 PM

Mar 2011
I am really enjoying this series. This episode was surprisingly sad, although it was obvious he would return. And of course they couldn't do that without a breast joke.

I have watched the first two seasons now (over the past three days XD). But somehow I found between season 1 and 2 Saito become far more perverted.

Well onto season 3. I just hope they don't go further with the perversion and ruin the anime for me now.

Are the books / manga better? I am liking this so may check them out.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jul 3, 2013 8:13 PM
Mar 2013
Saves Louise's life!
Relationship UP!
Talk to a girl.
BACK TO WHIPPING

Repeat every episode.

Die for Louise!
Relationship MAXED OUT!
Talks to girl.
BACK TO WHIPPING.

Hate Louise...
:/
Jul 24, 2013 9:26 PM

Jul 2013
If the writers would stop making him say perverted things when he should say "I love you" it would have been a 5. GODDAMN THAT ENDING. They finally came to an understanding, AFTER ALL THAT ARGUING!!! Why couldn't it have just ended with a kiss.
Aug 2, 2013 6:22 AM

May 2013
Pretty good second season, I loved it much more than the first.
Sep 14, 2013 8:22 AM

Jul 2013
This episode was so godly... or so I would like to say, but they ruined it with some sappy asspull and ruined any drama it had left with comic relief.
Sep 28, 2013 5:01 PM

Aug 2009
good

Will watch 3rd season sometime later, time to refresh myself on some other new series :)
Oct 9, 2013 12:47 AM

May 2013
wow what a great ending, love this season, 8/10
na358999Oct 9, 2013 5:06 AM
Dec 17, 2013 8:29 PM

Mar 2012
This episode was amazing up until the point Saito's flower began shining. Also would've been better if he didn't talk about how big the elf's breasts were...

Siesta changed too much, Louise abuses Saito way more than season 1, and some extremely weak episodes.

This season was between 6/10 and 7/10. For the last episode, I guess it'll be at 7/10.
Jan 7, 2014 8:54 PM
Nov 2010
Some people say the ending was cheesy, but I don't think so.
That's the standard for Zero no tsukaima as a comedy anime.
In other words, this episode has totally heavy and deeply emotional story than the usual episodes as a non serious anime, therefore I was moved to tears.
And the happy comical ending was also nice, it means the story will be continued, I welcome that.
10/10
Toshi999Jan 7, 2014 8:59 PM
Jan 10, 2014 3:15 AM

Dec 2013
Damn, so close... I almost got the ending I desired in which Saito would've died.
Jun 8, 2014 3:10 PM

Oct 2013
good ending this season def had a lot of drama :/ overall pretty good now to watch season 3!!!!!
lmao at the fairy with big breast
[/quote]
Jun 15, 2014 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
That ending was sooo ZnT xD
So Guiche wasn't lying after all! :O

So, are they kinda... married? Anyway, the event starting from that scene until his return was touching. I almost cried when it was the end for Saito and he just said : ''Louise, in the end, I didn't want to die...''

Well, to the season 3!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 17, 2014 9:05 AM

Jul 2013
yep as someone already said the elf is not exclusive to this episode, so it is not that much cheesy at all

the scarron guy always cracks me up even in serious moments, and saito can't really forget about the boobies... too bad that luise is one of the few girls without them

this season was way better than the previous
8/10
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 18, 2007

50 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 10 Discussion

Faust721 - Sep 11, 2007

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 3, 2007

89 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 27, 2007

35 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Aug 20, 2007

54 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 3, 12:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.