Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2007 10:05 AM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode really redeemed this series for me. I loved the whole episode for the exception of the last part where Saito came back. It would've been so much better it they followed the novels a little bit more and made it a cliffhanger ending. But it was great that we got to see the fairy/elf. Too bad it was only for like 3 seconds. With the way they made the series, I have doubts now whether a 3rd season is possible. Oh well, it was a good run.
Sep 25, 2007 10:43 AM

Jun 2007
Agreed. The episode was within moments of being epic, definitely disappointed me that they copped out (though I knew it was coming the entire time). Oh well, episode was still very good, even if the cheesy ending spoiled all of the drama that was built up.
Sep 25, 2007 11:15 AM

Aug 2007
A good ending to a good series. I haven't read the novels, but I did think it was kind of cheesy that he came back the way he did. I would've liked to see more of how he actually survived instead.
Yeah doesn't look like there's gonna be a season 3, but one can always hope :]

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Sep 25, 2007 12:15 PM

Jun 2007
Liked it, Saito's fight was pretty good, that was definitely the best part of this ep!
Sep 25, 2007 1:42 PM

Sep 2007
It was extremely cheesy for him to come back from the dead; although, it was funny that he was revived by the big boobies fairy.

His fight and Louise's crying to go and fight with him. EPIC.
Return from the dead. FAILED.

I want another season though. =)
Sep 25, 2007 2:36 PM

Jun 2007
The was kind of disappointing imo. A fairy just magically brings Saito back to life. I wouldn't mind another season though.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Sep 25, 2007 3:12 PM

May 2007
I usually go with good endings but this time around I prefer Saito to remain dead or lost. Tragic hero is befitting for him, since he came from another world and stuff. Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy. To be honest, I thought they didn't put a lot of efforts for the ending. This episode is awesome because Louise and Saito finally settles in terms of love - are they actually married? Like... legally? Heh. In the end, though, Saito magically are-appear and yet another fight over MUNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!111!1!

To Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~, overall I'm pleased to see another run of Louise in this second season.
Sep 25, 2007 4:51 PM

Jul 2007
I agree pretty much with what people were saying here. Saito should have stayed dead. That would have been an epic ending befitting of Saito. Instead we get the deus ex machina from the underdeveloped elf (I forget her name).

And seriously? Couldn't there relationship have at least moved behond the point of square one, where Louise can forgive a little lapse on Saito's part? I mean he just came back from the fricking grave, and she's already trying to beat him again just like they were in day 1. If they had developed at all, you'd think she would just call him a baka, hit him once, and then go back to hugging him... THAT would have been a true sign of their relationship having developed.
Sep 25, 2007 5:56 PM

Sep 2007
Was a great ending for the series, Saito's fight seen was done extremely well and the ending was hilarious I thought. The only thing that really bugged me was what Matdavhans pointed out, it seems like there relationship just back tracked to square one.
Sep 25, 2007 6:04 PM

Jun 2007
Haha...Another sequel to come in ZnT in my opinion...Last episode was good I guess...Left more questions, like who is the fairy and is there a right hand of Gandalfr???? Who knows =P
Sep 25, 2007 9:41 PM

Apr 2007
Another season seems plausible but unlikely.

Great fight scene compared to the other episodes.
Sep 25, 2007 10:44 PM

Jun 2007
My opinion seems to vary from most of yours I think.

1) Saito should have woke up in his world when he "died" and thought it was all a dream (of course still noticing he has the sword and the runes on his hand). That would have made this way more interesting. Although I still like the ending, It just seemed way to corny when Louise and him are looking at each other and then brake out into a fight.

2) Nothing was brought to a closure in the entire two series. Saito never brought the ring back to the lady of the lake, the war didn't end, Saito never made it back to his world, and the relationship between Saito and Louise seemed to go back to square one at the very end even though they are married.

Theres so much left open, I really hope they at least make a 3rd season to bring some closure to some of it.
Sep 25, 2007 11:03 PM

Sep 2007
I've only seen the anime and not the novel, but even so I was thoroughly disappointed. It was definitely rushed. I couldn't even tell what the hell Saito was fighting. It looked like he was just randomly attacking unlike is supposed to happen in the novel.

I'll give it points for being emotional and the awesome wedding version of "I SAY YES," but the comedic ending was not needed. It seemed like it was a reset to all the progress that Saito and Louise had made. I think I would have been happier that Zero no Tsukaima the anime ended when Saito died. It would have made it more dramatic and would have distinguished itself from the novel.
Sep 26, 2007 12:26 AM

Jul 2007
I think it was a decent episode. Though I am curios about the whole Left Hand of God thing though. That bugged me into thinking a possible entry to a third season though highly doubtful.

But after the version that I watched on crunchyroll.com they showed a preview to another anime that looked interesting. I didn't catch a title though...
Sep 26, 2007 3:13 AM

Jun 2007
Arcadies said:
I think it was a decent episode. Though I am curios about the whole Left Hand of God thing though. That bugged me into thinking a possible entry to a third season though highly doubtful.

But after the version that I watched on crunchyroll.com they showed a preview to another anime that looked interesting. I didn't catch a title though...

you mean http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=1807 Prism Ark. Thats what they showed at the end.
Sep 26, 2007 4:24 AM

May 2007
Love the episode, loved the series. Ive always been a big fan of Zero no Tsukaima since i started watching it last year sometime. Not sure why i like it so much, spose its just because its comedy and romance.

Everyone wish for a season 3! I do hope they make one!

[ Cartoons are for kids? Thats a hate crime! ]
Sep 26, 2007 9:04 AM

Aug 2007
can someone tell me what the anime at the end was it seemed to be ok
SharpShot.gif
Sep 26, 2007 10:17 AM

Jul 2007
SharpShot... see http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=5325#msg206881 two posts above you...
Sep 26, 2007 1:35 PM

Jun 2007
It would have been cheesy for me if the fairy was just in this episode but the fairy had already brought someone else back to life so I wrote it off and I loved the comedic ending.

Sep 26, 2007 2:39 PM

Sep 2007
I wonder if this means they'll do something fancy with that blonde guy in the third series (if they make one). It seemed the fairy brought saito back to life because he was special in some way. So does that mean theres somthing special about Guiche.
Sep 26, 2007 4:55 PM

Sep 2007
micanna said:
I wonder if this means they'll do something fancy with that blonde guy in the third series (if they make one). It seemed the fairy brought saito back to life because he was special in some way. So does that mean theres somthing special about Guiche.

Maybe the fairy thought they were both cute and decided to save them.
Sep 26, 2007 7:29 PM

Aug 2007
oh nice its out already, time to watch it ^^
Sep 26, 2007 8:31 PM

May 2007
I suppose the director wants this to end comically like the first season. Saito flirts (or rather talking) with Siesta and Louise yells inu at him. Due to the perpetual misunderstandings during the whole series, we had enough already. So, not really going back to square one; Louise has always been like that. Saito always love big mune and Louise gets all worked up over some trivial thing like that.

On the positive side, let’s hear it from DeathfireD. There are still things left unanswered and now Saito is back on the page. The present day Gandalfr and the Void wizard are reunited. I sure hope for a third season. Maybe they’d consider making one if fans supports are as large.
Sep 26, 2007 8:49 PM

Apr 2007
I shed Manly Tears on this episode.. lol also hoping for a third season..

"kono baka-yaro!" - Chiaki
Is it Hello, or just Goodbye?
Sep 26, 2007 10:00 PM

Aug 2007
great episode (though like everyone said a little cheesy with the return). there should be a 3rd season since there's no closure really. bigboobsftw
Sep 29, 2007 11:45 AM

Feb 2007
IMHO it would have been better if Saito had stayed dead until the next season (heres hoping) As it is I think another season is plausible because they need to explain the fairy and the left/right hand of God. As it stands we haven't really learned much about Gandalfr from the past and the legendary Void magician. Seems like theres much more to explain. Also the war isn't over.

Just can't see there not being another season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Sep 29, 2007 12:30 PM

Sep 2007
For me, the best end of this series (cause I am 99% sure that there must be third season (they covered only 6 books or something like that from 9)) would be when Saito would return. Thant's all, not all those things with elf etc....
Sep 29, 2007 2:14 PM

Aug 2007
I really hate to say this but i do prefer to have him stay dead. I love happy endings but the way the anime was going it would have been better for him, a tragic hero who hates that nobility and dies for his loved one like all heroes do.

Then in ther 3rd season he could come back alive. That would have made the 2nd season really really good cause bringing him back alive just ruined it.
Sep 29, 2007 3:44 PM
Aug 2007
Also theres that lady with the ring that was behind the entire plot of season one and 2 and she basically said that albion was useless to her scheme now,poisened the water and left the general in charge of the war. It would be pointless if they ended the series with the plot open like this. I'm guessing there will be another season.
Sep 29, 2007 4:23 PM

Jul 2007
like i said, all the episodes end EXACTLY the same xD louise chasing after saito when he says something pervy or out of the question...lol

ah yes, there will defiantly be another season. the light novel is a lot farther i believe
Oct 4, 2007 4:19 PM

Jun 2007
reasons for third season
1. wtf is up with that elf, we saw her about 1 or less minutes and nothing is explained..
2. God's left hand? i never heard that before... SOMEONE EXPLAIN!
3. the albion's ex-leader (the lady with the symbols on her head), she must be a gandalf, she has the same symbols as saito, just that they are in her head.. i beleive
4. hello~ there is a war right now...
5. saito still owes the water lady that ring ^_^ the water lady doesnt know about her ring yet.
6. we really havent heard a lot about delfinger's(i have no idea of how to spell that) story, only that his last owner was a gandalf as well... nothing about how he was created or anything like that.
7. how is louise a void user? neither her sisters nor her mother or father can use it... as far as i know, it was supposed to be extinct.
8. this anime is too good to end yet ^_^

those are about all the reasons i can think right now... about ep 12, it did leave a lot of unanswered stuff ( posted above this) and well, yeah, kinda liked the fights with saito, that was the epic part of the episode, really lame was that cheesy "saito's come back from death at last moment in the episode"
edit: forgot the ring was thrown into the water >.<
TsundereRicOct 4, 2007 4:22 PM
Oct 5, 2007 3:07 AM

Sep 2007
Richard_Omega said:
reasons for third season
1. wtf is up with that elf, we saw her about 1 or less minutes and nothing is explained..
2. God's left hand? i never heard that before... SOMEONE EXPLAIN!
3. the albion's ex-leader (the lady with the symbols on her head), she must be a gandalf, she has the same symbols as saito, just that they are in her head.. i beleive
4. hello~ there is a war right now...
5. saito still owes the water lady that ring ^_^ the water lady doesnt know about her ring yet.
6. we really havent heard a lot about delfinger's(i have no idea of how to spell that) story, only that his last owner was a gandalf as well... nothing about how he was created or anything like that.
7. how is louise a void user? neither her sisters nor her mother or father can use it... as far as i know, it was supposed to be extinct.
8. this anime is too good to end yet ^_^

those are about all the reasons i can think right now... about ep 12, it did leave a lot of unanswered stuff ( posted above this) and well, yeah, kinda liked the fights with saito, that was the epic part of the episode, really lame was that cheesy "saito's come back from death at last moment in the episode"
edit: forgot the ring was thrown into the water >.<

there is no need for question will there be third season.... question is when and bad answer is july 2009..... TOOO DAMN FAR FROM NOW! :(
Oct 8, 2007 3:41 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
After the moment that Louise went running out of the room, the ending bothered me. I figured he would be alive (especially after hearing about the elf previously) and so this didn't get to me like it got to some people -- although I could see how his death would be dramatic. I just don't think it would have fit with this series.

I agree that there was a regression in their relationship, and it irritated me a lot. Irritated more than usual, I think, because the entire episode up to that point was considerable redemption, in my eyes, for a flop in the middle of this second season.

The best way to end this episode, I think, would have been with Louise kicking her sisters out of her room, saying all that dramatic stuff, and the flower beginning to glow again as she cries, not seeing it... and then of course, seeing it at the beginning of the next season xD (I'm a sucker for happy endings)

Overall, I thought this season was worse than the first, but if there's one thing I can walk away happy with, it's the finale (up to the point that I mentioned).

Will check out a third season if it comes, for the same reason as the second - I absolutely loved the first season.
Oct 20, 2007 10:59 AM

May 2007
Enerccio said:
there is no need for question will there be third season.... question is when and bad answer is july 2009..... TOOO DAMN FAR FROM NOW! :(

Well, at least we have the third season.
Its just as i though, 2 seasons and 12 episodes would have to be too rushy to show all story.

When i saw Saito die, i though: "Well, now the series ends with him dead, or he will revive from no apparen reasons, or even start a third season were he is revived somehow."
I was somehow correct xD. But anyway i liked the way he revived.
I really liked the last three episodes...

Although i really didn't like the fact that they retourned to squre one...
If they wanted that baddly a main romantic plot they could have avoided the marriage and use it to finish the series off....

Now they might be on verge of ruining this project just cuz they still want to earn mon**.... ops, continue this series...
I just hope they manage to do a good 3th season,without wrecking all plot.
Oct 20, 2007 7:42 PM
Jun 2007
seasoon 3 please
Oct 30, 2007 4:03 PM

Oct 2007
Yay so they got married right, then he runs off to save the day only to die as the a martyr he never wanted to be! I loved the part where he was lying on his back pretty much at the point of death and still screams for Louise //tear haha.

The ending did flow with the anime in so many ways it was surprising but it also, left way to many open questions which every one has already touched upon

My main one is, Louise did ZERO useful void magic the entire ep?

Also Gandalfir he is the right hand of god?

And most importantly when is he finally going to get some sort of PLAY!?!?!

P.S The black cat outfit was a big win.
FuzzimsOct 30, 2007 4:25 PM
Oct 31, 2007 5:54 AM
Oct 2007
The episode was building up to a good ending, with Saito's martyrdom, only to return, I wouldve liked the ending alot more if they had just embraced in a loving kiss, instead the creator's opted for something stupid as another fight about breasts, which is apparent in every episode anyway.

EDIT: Even though I was a little disappointed with the ending, I still liked the series as a whole, I recommend watching it, just for the laughs and the occasional emotional moments .
zephyr86Oct 31, 2007 6:02 AM
Dec 4, 2007 5:07 PM
Oct 2007
Man i loved the ending

saito is an idiot tho

relationship is back to square 1 again
Dec 8, 2007 2:11 PM

May 2007
Fuzzims said:
P.S The black cat outfit was a big win.

not big, huge win XD
Dec 12, 2007 3:54 AM

Nov 2004
Just my obligatory comments after finally seeing the last two episodes. When Saito died I expected him to wake up in his own world or something (although 'it was all a dream' crap is also pretty dissatisfying). Or that someone saved him (even though there wasn't anyone there in the end). I was a bit shocked that he really DID die, I really thought before he got the final attack everyone would fly in to save him or something.

The ending was just lame. I guess it is sort of fitting for this series which can never be too serious anyway (the main character dying is too tragic for a comedic series like this). The deus ex machina fairy... lol...
Dec 12, 2007 6:33 PM

Dec 2007
I say give to around fourth quarter 2008 to see if a sequel develops, if not consider it case closed. Rather disappointing though with so many questions left unanswered.
Dec 28, 2007 5:54 PM

Jun 2007
the scene when saito stayed behind had something '300 (the sparta movie)' like
but why the fuck is this guy still alive? he should have died (maybe like leaonids) and it would have been a great ending.
screw that fairy (she looks sexy through D: )

At least it is a good ending for a new session.
Feb 11, 2008 10:46 AM
Nov 2007
yea, i liked Saito's fight. It was a happy ending, so im happy but I wanted Saito to explain how he survived in more detail.
Feb 27, 2008 8:51 PM

Dec 2007
It was a good episode, awesome fight scenes and Saito and Louise getting married was awesome too! But the comedic ending kinda ruined it for me. Would have rather had Louise tell him she loves him and then Kiss and end, or have Saito die and maybe even return to Japan.
Feb 28, 2008 12:46 AM

Feb 2008
i think seito must be a masochist, i can't think of any other reason why he'd actually gush about how wonderful the fairy's breasts were.

was rather disappointed with the ending, it was funny and all but it had the potential to be so much more :(

great episode otherwise tho :)
Feb 29, 2008 6:52 PM

Nov 2007
Saito vs the 3 million of them...Total epic.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 5, 2008 10:45 PM

Jan 2008
Owari - At last! even though there was a laugh or two and a good feeling here asnd there, I had a tough time getting through seasons of Zero No Tsukaima. I liked them, or I would have dropped the first season and not bothered with the 2nd. But it'll never be in my top ten.
May 30, 2008 11:10 PM

May 2008
I liked the episode a lot, but I also agree with a lot of people in that they should've ended the last 2 minutes differently... Here's how I had pictured it: after the whole sob scene from Loise, have the flower start glowing again - then cut to Saito's eyes opening in shock then credits.. mwuwhahahahaha. Classic cliffhanger. Anyways... excited for season three.
Jul 6, 2008 5:59 AM
Oct 2007
Amazing episode until the very end - someone honestly deserves an execution for that. Dragged the entire series down for me....I'm so amazingly angry right now for the series to end like that.
Him coming back? Fine, and I'm pretty sure I may have shot someone had he not come back.
But to go from crying their eyes out to complete comedy run around joke time?
Just......urrrgggh.
Way to completely drag down the entire episode and the entire series.
Jul 15, 2008 1:19 PM

Feb 2008
Nice Episode.
But I would've prefered an romantic ending. ^^"
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 18, 2007

50 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 10 Discussion

Faust721 - Sep 11, 2007

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 3, 2007

89 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 27, 2007

35 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Aug 20, 2007

54 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 3, 12:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.