MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 12 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi »» Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

189 68.98%
4 out of 5: Liked it

62 22.63%
3 out of 5: It was OK

16 5.84%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

5 1.82%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 0.73%
Voters: 274

09-25-07, 10:05 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode really redeemed this series for me. I loved the whole episode for the exception of the last part where Saito came back. It would've been so much better it they followed the novels a little bit more and made it a cliffhanger ending. But it was great that we got to see the fairy/elf. Too bad it was only for like 3 seconds. With the way they made the series, I have doubts now whether a 3rd season is possible. Oh well, it was a good run.

09-25-07, 10:43 AM

Agreed. The episode was within moments of being epic, definitely disappointed me that they copped out (though I knew it was coming the entire time). Oh well, episode was still very good, even if the cheesy ending spoiled all of the drama that was built up.

09-25-07, 11:15 AM

A good ending to a good series. I haven't read the novels, but I did think it was kind of cheesy that he came back the way he did. I would've liked to see more of how he actually survived instead.
Yeah doesn't look like there's gonna be a season 3, but one can always hope :]

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).

09-25-07, 12:15 PM

Liked it, Saito's fight was pretty good, that was definitely the best part of this ep!

09-25-07, 1:42 PM

It was extremely cheesy for him to come back from the dead; although, it was funny that he was revived by the big boobies fairy.

His fight and Louise's crying to go and fight with him. EPIC.
Return from the dead. FAILED.

I want another season though. =)

09-25-07, 2:36 PM

The was kind of disappointing imo. A fairy just magically brings Saito back to life. I wouldn't mind another season though.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪

09-25-07, 3:12 PM

I usually go with good endings but this time around I prefer Saito to remain dead or lost. Tragic hero is befitting for him, since he came from another world and stuff. Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy. To be honest, I thought they didn't put a lot of efforts for the ending. This episode is awesome because Louise and Saito finally settles in terms of love - are they actually married? Like... legally? Heh. In the end, though, Saito magically are-appear and yet another fight over MUNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!111!1!

To Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~, overall I'm pleased to see another run of Louise in this second season.

09-25-07, 4:51 PM

I agree pretty much with what people were saying here. Saito should have stayed dead. That would have been an epic ending befitting of Saito. Instead we get the deus ex machina from the underdeveloped elf (I forget her name).

And seriously? Couldn't there relationship have at least moved behond the point of square one, where Louise can forgive a little lapse on Saito's part? I mean he just came back from the fricking grave, and she's already trying to beat him again just like they were in day 1. If they had developed at all, you'd think she would just call him a baka, hit him once, and then go back to hugging him... THAT would have been a true sign of their relationship having developed.

09-25-07, 5:56 PM

Was a great ending for the series, Saito's fight seen was done extremely well and the ending was hilarious I thought. The only thing that really bugged me was what Matdavhans pointed out, it seems like there relationship just back tracked to square one.

09-25-07, 6:04 PM

Haha...Another sequel to come in ZnT in my opinion...Last episode was good I guess...Left more questions, like who is the fairy and is there a right hand of Gandalfr???? Who knows =P

09-25-07, 9:41 PM

Another season seems plausible but unlikely.

Great fight scene compared to the other episodes.

09-25-07, 10:44 PM

My opinion seems to vary from most of yours I think.

1) Saito should have woke up in his world when he "died" and thought it was all a dream (of course still noticing he has the sword and the runes on his hand). That would have made this way more interesting. Although I still like the ending, It just seemed way to corny when Louise and him are looking at each other and then brake out into a fight.

2) Nothing was brought to a closure in the entire two series. Saito never brought the ring back to the lady of the lake, the war didn't end, Saito never made it back to his world, and the relationship between Saito and Louise seemed to go back to square one at the very end even though they are married.

Theres so much left open, I really hope they at least make a 3rd season to bring some closure to some of it.

09-25-07, 11:03 PM

I've only seen the anime and not the novel, but even so I was thoroughly disappointed. It was definitely rushed. I couldn't even tell what the hell Saito was fighting. It looked like he was just randomly attacking unlike is supposed to happen in the novel.

I'll give it points for being emotional and the awesome wedding version of "I SAY YES," but the comedic ending was not needed. It seemed like it was a reset to all the progress that Saito and Louise had made. I think I would have been happier that Zero no Tsukaima the anime ended when Saito died. It would have made it more dramatic and would have distinguished itself from the novel.

09-26-07, 12:26 AM

I think it was a decent episode. Though I am curios about the whole Left Hand of God thing though. That bugged me into thinking a possible entry to a third season though highly doubtful.

But after the version that I watched on crunchyroll.com they showed a preview to another anime that looked interesting. I didn't catch a title though...

09-26-07, 3:13 AM

Arcadies said:
I think it was a decent episode. Though I am curios about the whole Left Hand of God thing though. That bugged me into thinking a possible entry to a third season though highly doubtful.

But after the version that I watched on crunchyroll.com they showed a preview to another anime that looked interesting. I didn't catch a title though...

you mean http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=1807 Prism Ark. Thats what they showed at the end.

09-26-07, 4:24 AM

Love the episode, loved the series. Ive always been a big fan of Zero no Tsukaima since i started watching it last year sometime. Not sure why i like it so much, spose its just because its comedy and romance.

Everyone wish for a season 3! I do hope they make one!

[ Cartoons are for kids? Thats a hate crime! ]

09-26-07, 9:04 AM

can someone tell me what the anime at the end was it seemed to be ok
SharpShot.gif

09-26-07, 10:17 AM

SharpShot... see http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=5325#msg206881 two posts above you...

09-26-07, 1:35 PM

It would have been cheesy for me if the fairy was just in this episode but the fairy had already brought someone else back to life so I wrote it off and I loved the comedic ending.

09-26-07, 2:39 PM

I wonder if this means they'll do something fancy with that blonde guy in the third series (if they make one). It seemed the fairy brought saito back to life because he was special in some way. So does that mean theres somthing special about Guiche.

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices