Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 15, 2012 11:54 AM

Jul 2010
This episode really made me drop my ranking of this show from 8 to 7.
To be perfectly honest, despite really liking SAO originally, it's gradually gone down hill.
I didn't like this episode, I mean it was pretty funny, but other than that it was quite boring and predictable.
Dec 15, 2012 11:55 AM

Dec 2009
Scrumbag Kirito: saves Asuna, forget 299.
Dec 15, 2012 11:57 AM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
though I know that hyperknees was not saying that it was a DeM ending, that complaint, I thought, was a valid compliment one could make about the episode and deserved a response at the beginning before it ignited a real flame war.
No complaint about you responding to hyperknees, who did not sound like a hater anyway (Lolack's post is more like it). My post is more a response to your "Let the Flame War begin!" comment.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 15, 2012 11:57 AM

Oct 2012
Prediction for next episode:

Kirito falls off his bike and dies.
"He's not dead, he's Katsura."
Dec 15, 2012 11:58 AM

May 2011
lillietta said:
im so sad becouse next week will be the last episode of a awsome anime. this is the best anime i have seen since 2003 ;(

To be honest, where have you been since 2003? 2006-2008 had ALOT of huge titles :P
Dec 15, 2012 11:58 AM

Jul 2012
"Oh right, gotta save Asuna first"
-_________________________-

What a disappointing reunion, I wanted Asuna to run into Kirito's arms, not hug "their child" which in reality they only knew for like 3 days.

I felt like the final fight scene was done really well though, at least better than the reunion. How he killed Sugou did make me laugh a bit though :P

Next time a reunion epilogue episode+cliffhanger till next season it would seem.
Not sure how I feel about this cliffhanger after what they did to the first season... Maybe they'll learn form their mistakes and improve? Maybe? I mean it could happen..

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 15, 2012 12:01 PM
Nov 2012
It was ok. I dont know why this series is so popular.

May 2011
QuiGonJon said:
"Oh right, gotta save Asuna first"
-_________________________-

What a disappointing reunion, I wanted Asuna to run into Kirito's arms, not hug "their child" which in reality they only knew for like 3 days.

I felt like the final fight scene was done really well though, at least better than the reunion. How he killed Sugou did make me laugh a bit though :P

Next time a reunion epilogue episode+cliffhanger till next season it would seem.
Not sure how I feel about this cliffhanger after what they did to the first season... Maybe they'll learn form their mistakes and improve? Maybe? I mean it could happen..

Get a new director, maybe the one doing Uchuu Kyoudai or something. He knows how to use flashbacks/monologues really well.

Dec 2011
Amazing Episode! Kirito was epic taking the admin control. Asuna finally saved and gets to go back to the real world. I'm just sad Yui is now alone :(

@lillietta - I agree it's going to be hard to top SAO.

Looking forward to next week!

Sep 2012
^ Yui is not going to be alone. As she said she is living in Kirito's Nervgear and I assume she can even go into Kirito's computer if there is a link (she is a program anyway). Even if that does not happen, Kirito and Asuna probably will come back to that virtual world to be with her.

Uncanny said:
it was quite boring and predictable.
I guess you predicted Kayaba was around in ALO world then? And you predicted that Sugou would really rip off Asuna's dress and was going to rape her in front of Kirito?

To me I think they handled the episode pretty well. Animation better than average. Very strong voice acting. Story is standard but added with its own spice. Pacing and direction is also among the better in the episodes shown so far. Not the best episode but given my not too high expectation of SAO it is a decent episode.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 15, 2012 12:04 PM

Jul 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
Also this proves how much of a loser in the actual world this guy is in that he uses mind control to rape a 17 year old girl instead of not being a pedophile. Is Sugou supposed to symbolize Japanese Otaku in their primal state? O.o

Oh God I can't stop laughing xD

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 15, 2012 12:05 PM

Oct 2012
Uncanny said:
To be perfectly honest, despite really liking SAO originally, it's gradually gone down hill.
I didn't like this episode, I mean it was pretty funny, but other than that it was quite boring and predictable.

Agreed 100%. Sao went downhill for me when they actually completed the game sword art online. Afterwards it's just gradually becoming boring and it certainly doesn't help that the villian was so lame in the second half of the series also the show started to become weird with the little sister love, tentacles and that weird rape theme we had going on this episode, as well as that deus ex machina(ass pull).
Dec 15, 2012 12:08 PM

Jan 2008
Oh god that NTR, lmao. From Kirito's point of view, it looked like Sugou was doing a lot more than just licking her tears.

Yay for random help from the most unexpected character. I'd honestly say I'd rather have had Kirito just OP through that instead of all that dues ex machina crap.
Dec 15, 2012 12:09 PM

Oct 2012
OMG!!! don't make me cry again, so beautiful, so much emotions ahdsfiakjmasdfh I can't even describe it :') I can't belive is almost over one more episode, It can't be </3

Maybe just maybe they could make another season, and if they do i'll be more then happy.

Definitively this anime is on my top favorites list of all times <3
Dec 15, 2012 12:10 PM
Jul 2011
Akuto said:
Amazing Episode! Kirito was epic taking the admin control. Asuna finally saved and gets to go back to the real world. I'm just sad Yui is now alone :(

Thank for your final review, SAO is finally so fascinating.
Dec 15, 2012 12:11 PM

Sep 2011
OH SHIT THAT NTR JUST GAVE ME A BONER.

If this is already the conclusion and the next episode is just an epilogue, 7/10 and I'm being generous. I wonder what happen to Sugou in the real world though.

Too bad the 2nd OP and ED are just awesome for this overhyped mediocre anime.

Dec 15, 2012 12:11 PM

Sep 2012
rul said:
also the show started to become weird with the little sister love, tentacles and that weird rape theme we had going on this episode
I would not defend the tentacles, but at least I think it portrays the little sister love quite well in a heartfelt way. The rape theme also makes sense given what the character Sugou is.

Dec 15, 2012 12:12 PM

Jan 2008
Sa-chan_ said:
OH SHIT THAT NTR JUST GAVE ME A BONER.

Right on!
Dec 15, 2012 12:16 PM
Jun 2009
Uncanny said:

Same. Ep after ep, the quality was decreasing, and it's just a wasted potential. Since ep 14 I watched it only for cool animation, but 24th made drop my ranking from 6 to 4. That villain was made of paper and I HATE IT. Asuna's humiliation made me cringe and I spent the entire episode frowning and feeling sick.
rul said:
in the second half of the series also the show started to become weird with the little sister love, tentacles and that weird rape theme we had going on this episode, as well as that deus ex machina(ass pull).

Don't you remember the tentacle monsters from that episode with that little girl and a near-dead dragon pet? THAT'S when I started not liking SAO.
Dec 15, 2012 12:18 PM

Sep 2012
ins-chan said:
Don't you remember the tentacle monsters from that episode with that little girl and a near-dead dragon pet? THAT'S when I started not liking SAO.
Then you stayed pretty long for this series. Perhaps just so that you can claim that you complete the series in MAL and give it a score?

Dec 15, 2012 12:18 PM

Nov 2010
Enjoyable but its anticlimactic on how he ended things.
Dec 15, 2012 12:19 PM

Nov 2009
I said last week that I wanted to see more Asuna. I totally didn't mean it like that though.

I'm glad we got to see heathcliff again. I think he's my favourite. He's the least typical character for sure.

I think Kirito should've died really tragically though. That would've made for an awesome ending and made us all cry and stuff.
Maybe he'll get knocked off his bike on his way to the hospital, haha.
curiouser and curiouser :)

Oct 2012
ins-chan said:

I completely forgot about that.
Nov 2011
***********What the hell is gonna happen to Yui?!?!***********
Otherwise really good episode, almost cried from joy. The fight scene was... yeah... It was pretty cool that he basically got admin status (idk how but OKAY) Cant wait till the next episode!!
Dec 15, 2012 12:20 PM

Jul 2012
Paul said:

Yay for random help from the most unexpected character. I'd honestly say I'd rather have had Kirito just OP through that instead of all that dues ex machina crap.

I think I prefer what happened in the anime, at least it gives a reason to how he beats Sugou, it would have been even worse if he "broke through it with willpower!" or something. And it made sense, part of him being carried over from the previous game like so much else did, only doing it so Kirito would take the world seed for him thus giving a reason for the second season, ect.

Jan 2008
rul said:
ins-chan said:

Considering how unimportant she is, I'm sure many people did.
Jun 2009
symbv said:
ins-chan said:
Then you stayed pretty long for this series. Perhaps just so that you can claim that you complete the series in MAL and give it a score?

Well my score back then was 8, I still had a little hope.
MAL has nothing to do with dropping or not dropping the series to me.
Dec 15, 2012 12:21 PM

May 2009
Retarded episode.

Poor villain's poor demise. It was over the top, in bad way.
Dec 15, 2012 12:22 PM

Jul 2012
XxImmortalxX said:
***********What the hell is gonna happen to Yui?!?!***********
Otherwise really good episode, almost cried from joy. The fight scene was... yeah... It was pretty cool that he basically got admin status (idk how but OKAY) Cant wait till the next episode!!

AN "after image" of the creator of the previous game SOA, which ALO was bassically a copy paste, who held the highest status in the game, gave it to him so he could win so Kirito would make a new game with the "world seed" he gave him.

Dec 15, 2012 12:22 PM

Jan 2008
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:

I think I prefer what happened in the anime, at least it gives a reason to how he beats Sugou, it would have been even worse if he "broke through it with willpower!" or something. And it made sense, part of him being carried over from the previous game like so much else did, only doing it so Kirito would take the world seed for him thus giving a reason for the second season, ect.

Make sense? I'm talking about Heathcliff randomly appearing out of no where to help him. At least a little foreshadowing of Heathcliff planning to help in the past couple episodes would have more reasonable than him just suddenly appearing when Kirito is about to die. Hell, if the gang from SAO appeared, that would be more reasonable.
Dec 15, 2012 12:25 PM

Jul 2012
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:

Make sense? I'm talking about Heathcliff randomly appearing out of no where to help him. At least a little foreshadowing of Heathcliff planning to help in the past couple episodes would have more reasonable than him just suddenly appearing when Kirito is about to die. Hell, if the gang from SAO appeared would be more reasonable.

Yeah I guess, still prefer over him beating it with willpower, and I'm guessing most people feel the same. Just a guess though.
Gang from SAO wouldn't make much more sense though, considering their all emotionally damaged brains in jars/aren't in this game.
But yeah could have used foreshadowing, but in the end its a tool for a transition into a new season anyways.

Dec 15, 2012 12:25 PM
Jun 2009
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:

Make sense? I'm talking about Heathcliff randomly appearing out of no where to help him. At least a little foreshadowing of Heathcliff planning to help in the past couple episodes would have more reasonable than him just suddenly appearing when Kirito is about to die. Hell, if the gang from SAO appeared would be more reasonable.

My bet was on that "every person you ever helped is gonna give you power when you need it" (during the boss fight, hurr durr) cliche. You know, "Shaman King" style.
Dec 15, 2012 12:26 PM

Jul 2011
bastek66 said:
Retarded episode.

i still dont even see how he was still even alive at that part.. half of his body was already gone O.o
Paul said:
rul said:
ins-chan said:

unimportant? i think she was very cute and awesome but hey thats just my opinion
Dec 15, 2012 12:26 PM

Jan 2008
ins-chan said:
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:

My bet was on that "every person you ever helped is gonna give you power when you need it" (during the boss fight, hurr durr) cliche. You know, "Shaman King" style.

Love that cliche. Goes great with sweet tea.
Dec 15, 2012 12:27 PM

Nov 2009
Wait, didn't Kirito just kill or at least harm a person in real life then? Can he be sentenced for that? I don't know how futuristic laws to do with virtual reality work, but I'd expect he can. :/
curiouser and curiouser :)
Jul 2012
Funny how people who claim to hate SAO the most refuse to drop it and be the first to watch it every week. Yet they have no problem dropping any other anime :)

Jan 2008
mrzkitty said:
bastek66 said:
Retarded episode.

i still dont even see how he was still even alive at that part.. half of his body was already gone O.o
Paul said:
rul said:
ins-chan said:

unimportant? i think she was very cute and awesome but hey thats just my opinion

very cute and awesome =/= important. She has not affected the story or plot in any bit from the episode she appeared to the current episode. Every other girl has.
Oct 2012
loved ever part except the king doing that to asuna i wonder what the seed is going to do in next episode.

overall fav part was kirito killing the king he deserved it.
Dec 15, 2012 12:28 PM

Jul 2011
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:

Make sense? I'm talking about Heathcliff randomly appearing out of no where to help him. At least a little foreshadowing of Heathcliff planning to help in the past couple episodes would have more reasonable than him just suddenly appearing when Kirito is about to die. Hell, if the gang from SAO appeared, that would be more reasonable.

^ this.. i agree 100%

Dec 2009
The GM just got pwned by the Admin :P

Nov 2009
THEY CHANGED IT... Sugou was suppose to be using electricity for torturing Asuna but they freaking turned it to some kind of overboard rape scene... i've lost it now 8C
Dec 15, 2012 12:29 PM

Jan 2008
MagicFlier said:
THEY CHANGED IT... Sugou was suppose to be using electricity for torturing Asuna but they freaking turned it to some kind of overboard rape scene... 8C

I think this one is better.
Dec 15, 2012 12:30 PM

Jul 2011
Paul said:
mrzkitty said:
bastek66 said:
Retarded episode.

Paul said:
rul said:
ins-chan said:

very cute and awesome =/= important. She has not affected the story or plot in any bit from the episode she appeared to the current episode. Every other girl has.

well she's not as much important but i think she was very memorable
Dec 15, 2012 12:32 PM

Jul 2011
Paul said:
MagicFlier said:
THEY CHANGED IT... Sugou was suppose to be using electricity for torturing Asuna but they freaking turned it to some kind of overboard rape scene... 8C

almost rape scene is better than seeing her get tortured with electricity? hmm i actually agree
Dec 15, 2012 12:32 PM
Oct 2012
SaraSlurpsCoffee said:
Wait, didn't Kirito just kill or at least harm a person in real life then? Can he be sentenced for that? I don't know how futuristic laws to do with virtual reality work, but I'd expect he can. :/

Would be hard to prove. He didn't do anything physical to Sugou. Sugou only felt the pain AS if he had been cut in half or had a sword thrust through his eye. But try proving that in a court of law, particularly since he has been doing the same thing to 300 people.

Paul: this was foreshadowed back in episode 15. That ALO was almost a direct copy of SAO was a theme of this entire series. Sugou's and Kayaba's relationship was a main part of this show.
Dec 15, 2012 12:33 PM

Nov 2009
mrzkitty said:
Paul said:
MagicFlier said:

almost rape scene is better than seeing her get tortured with electricity? hmm i actually agree

down my rating goes for this anime nonetheless
Dec 15, 2012 12:37 PM

Jan 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
Paul: this was foreshadowed back in episode 15. That ALO was almost a direct copy of SAO was a theme of this entire series. Sugou's and Kayaba's relationship was a main part of this show.

I honestly don't remember that other than the game being a copy info. I don't remember any mention of Sugou's and Kayaba's relationship from any past episodes, mostly because I skipped/skimmed Ep 15. Lmao.
Dec 15, 2012 12:38 PM

Oct 2012
Sugou creeps the shit outa me. And why is kazuto complaining about the cold when Suguha was dressed in short shorts in that weather?! At least let her where pants in cold weather. None the less, I still enjoyed this episode, and seeing sugou get his ass kicked made my day.
Dec 15, 2012 12:38 PM
Oct 2009
Sugou, such a pervert! But those scenes were actually really... fun.

Too bad that fight was suuuuuper lame!!!
Dec 15, 2012 12:43 PM

Jul 2012
Suguo got what he deserved. Period.
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.