Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 15, 2012 1:19 PM

Feb 2009
._. Kirito and Asuna should meet irl already! *has to wait another week now* Sigh
Dec 15, 2012 1:21 PM

Jul 2012
Wuppie said:
._. Kirito and Asuna should meet irl already! *has to wait another week now* Sigh

Well at least it should allow for more time to be allotted to them meeting in real life, should be an epilogue/cliffhanger kind of episode next week.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 15, 2012 1:22 PM

Sep 2012
Happy reunion? Good.

Oberon being a rapist?
DO NOT WANT.
Dec 15, 2012 1:23 PM

Jul 2008
Best ending: Kirito goes to the hospital finding Sugou knocking up Asuna. Sugou get arrested. They get married.
Dec 15, 2012 1:25 PM

Nov 2011
Haters gonna fucking hate. Don't understand why haters continue to watch something they don't even enjoy. Why not drop it? Or are you doing it for a certain image :B

But that said, this episode was brilliant and I cried my fucking eyes out! So glad they are going to be reunited next episode, hopefully, unless a pile of horse shit appears. Poor Asuna though seriously, and Kirito being a boss as usual :D

Though I don't really understand why Yui changed to normal size when they entered the tree?
Dec 15, 2012 1:29 PM

Dec 2009
"I dont like because I skipped a few episodes"
You are kidding ALL of us, right? ¬¬
Dec 15, 2012 1:29 PM

Nov 2012
Damn, anime men love to rape little girls.
Dec 15, 2012 1:30 PM

Jul 2008
jayvon said:
Damn, anime men love to rape little girls.

Yes, and successful rape would've boost the rating even more
Dec 15, 2012 1:32 PM

Nov 2011
KingCez said:
why the fuck are people still watching then spew shit from their mouth if they hate it. christ you fucking weebos, its not hard to not click an SAO vid. guess that reason is way beyond your reasoning levels though i guess.

Couldn't fucking agree more, I said the same thing. Why not just drop it if you hate it? Or are they looking for an image for themselves like wtf,
Dec 15, 2012 1:33 PM

Feb 2011
THIS EPISODE WAS AGKDRNGOENGOIRENINEROGNEOIIETNHOIETNMHOITHNMHETOI

I JIZZED MY PANTS . I LOVE SAO .
Dec 2012
RockerXD said:
lillietta said:
im so sad becouse next week will be the last episode of a awsome anime. this is the best anime i have seen since 2003 ;(

To be honest, where have you been since 2003? 2006-2008 had ALOT of huge titles :P

at my room maybe :)
many animes whit huge titles yes i know but none have touched me as sao did
Nov 2012
Of course Sugu's attraction for Kirito is no longer an issue and she's perfectly fine with cheering him and Asuna on from now on. I just can't help but wonder why did they even bother including her falling for him if they weren't going to really do anything with it. The whole arc just didn't serve an actual purpose and Sugu's feelings are just handwaved away at the end - they never even get to talk about it like Kirito said they would after Asuna was brought back to the real world.

Apart from that, this episode could've been worse. Sugou deserved what was coming to him and I really wanted to see him go down, that lunatic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2012 1:34 PM

Jan 2008
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Paul: this was foreshadowed back in episode 15. That ALO was almost a direct copy of SAO was a theme of this entire series. Sugou's and Kayaba's relationship was a main part of this show.

I honestly don't remember that other than the game being a copy info. I don't remember any mention of Sugou's and Kayaba's relationship from any past episodes, mostly because I skipped/skimmed Ep 15. Lmao.

LOL, so you were criticizing a show for information you missed because you skimmed an episode? xD
This is a joke right?

I can say even knowing their relationship, it doesn't help in showing that Heathcliff appearing was completely random when Kirito was about to fail.
Dec 15, 2012 1:36 PM

Jul 2008
lillietta said:
RockerXD said:
lillietta said:
im so sad becouse next week will be the last episode of a awsome anime. this is the best anime i have seen since 2003 ;(

To be honest, where have you been since 2003? 2006-2008 had ALOT of huge titles :P

Your list tells me that you would love Boku no Pico a lot more

Jul 2012
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Paul: this was foreshadowed back in episode 15. That ALO was almost a direct copy of SAO was a theme of this entire series. Sugou's and Kayaba's relationship was a main part of this show.

I honestly don't remember that other than the game being a copy info. I don't remember any mention of Sugou's and Kayaba's relationship from any past episodes, mostly because I skipped/skimmed Ep 15. Lmao.

LOL, so you were criticizing a show for information you missed because you skimmed an episode? xD
This is a joke right?

I can say even knowing their relationship, it doesn't help in showing that Heathcliff appearing was completely random when Kirito was about to fail.

It's not about the facts you know, it's about the principle of the thing.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.

Mar 2011
Great episode,damnit just 1 episode left.Hope for 2nd season.

Aug 2009
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
Takuan_Soho said:

This is a joke right?

To be honest I dont remember any foreshadowing about Kayaba AI version even in the LN.Sugou's and Kayaba's relationship yeah but I think that the "I turned my brain into an AI lol" wasnt foreshadowed anywhere.
Dec 15, 2012 1:37 PM

Apr 2012
I should of known he would be back. Kind of a good wrap up, and kind of unexpected for me... although if anyone was marithoning the series they might of noticed this right away.
Great episode either way. I hated how they ended it without getting to see RL Asuna. Oh well...

I think the seed is going to make a new world tree? Or have something to do with Excalibur.
FrostToasterDec 15, 2012 7:48 PM
Dec 15, 2012 1:37 PM
Aug 2012
... so Kirito just leaves the other 299 players trapped in the game
Dec 15, 2012 1:39 PM

Jan 2008
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
Takuan_Soho said:

This is a joke right?

Principles of the thing? You mean how Kirito is the main character and how something will obviously save him when he's in dire need?
Dec 15, 2012 1:40 PM

Aug 2010
This was a pretty terrible conclusion to what has overall been a pretty poor arc to begin with. First we get more of the plotholes and Deus ex Machina that have plagued SAO since the beginning of the series with Kirito yet again breaking the rules of the game through sheer willpower just as in the final battle with Akihiko. And then somehow he receives admin privileges from the deceased Akihiko for no explained reason.

And where to begin with Sugou. He is ridiculous and over-the-top in all the wrong ways. He's like Dio Brando from JoJo's except boring and cliche and not at all interesting. And in keeping with how gratuitous and silly the villian of the arc is, we get an equally gratuitous and silly almost rape scene with Sugou going as far as drinking Asuna's tears. Which is the second almost rape scene this arc.

The only redeeming part of this show is the animation and Yuki Kajiura's music which as usual is stellar.

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
Takuan_Soho said:

This is a joke right?

To be honest I dont remember any foreshadowing about Kayaba AI version even in the LN.Sugou's and Kayaba's relationship yeah but I think that the "I turned my brain into an AI lol" wasnt foreshadowed anywhere.

Was talking about this, and it's less about the information and more about the principle of the thing. I mean criticizing something when you skipped over some of it and may have very well missed explanations and more information?

Jul 2008
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
Takuan_Soho said:

This is a joke right?

Principles of the thing? You mean how Kirito is the main character and how something will obviously save him?

Plot shield works every time. I was hoping for a "Bitter Virgin" ending though.
Dec 15, 2012 1:42 PM

Jul 2012
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
Takuan_Soho said:

This is a joke right?

Principles of the thing? You mean how Kirito is the main character and how something will obviously save him when he's in dire need?

How you criticized something after skimming a transitional episode that provided some explanations and more information.
And what protagonist doesn't win in the very end? Very few.
And I mean its not like he won every fight he fought, there was that time.. where you know..
uh...
Oh yeah the first time he tried to ascend the world tree! And a couple time's in the first arc!!1!1
Granted, he doesn't really lose many important battles or anything, but I think that's what we can expect from SAO anyways. Did you actually expect anything better/deeper than what happened this episode? Frankly I'm just satisfied they didn't go with a "willpower and love conquers all!" solution.
QuiGonJonDec 15, 2012 1:46 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was so bad it was hilarious.

So glad it's finally ending next week.

Aug 2009
Iceflamez said:

What is he supposed to do?Isnt it better to leave it to someone that knows about that stuff instead of messing around?Asuna is awake now so they have more chances to be believable than Kirito alone talking "nonsense".
Dec 15, 2012 1:43 PM

Jan 2008
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
Takuan_Soho said:

This is a joke right?

How you criticized something after skimming a transitional episode that provided some explanations and more information.

Oh that, no worries, I read the novel til around where episode 22 left off and since I don't remember the relationship thing, it was probably not worth remembering.
Dec 15, 2012 1:45 PM
Dec 2012
Lang said:
lillietta said:
RockerXD said:
lillietta said:

Your list tells me that you would love Boku no Pico a lot more

i just made my user here for 2 hours ago :P
Dec 15, 2012 1:46 PM
Aug 2012
ssjokg said:
Iceflamez said:

What is he supposed to do?Isnt it better to leave it to someone that knows about that stuff instead of messing around?Asuna is awake now so they have more chances to be believable than Kirito alone talking "nonsense".

He should have done the same thing the the other other players as he did to Asuna. Log them out.
Dec 15, 2012 1:46 PM
Oct 2012
ssjokg said:

Take the points: SAO could interface with ALO, that one could transfer an AI from SAO to ALO, that they could trap people's brain waves and do experiments on them suggested that a copy could be made, the fact that Sugou (a cheaper copy of Kayaba) thinking he could become a god means that anything he could think of Kayaba already did.

The point of foreshadowing isn't to indicate what the climax is going to be (that would make the story boring), but when it occurs you can look back and say, ah, yeah okay, there were clues pointing that way.

Which goes back to my first point: one may think that this was a bad ending or whatever, but it wasn't a deus ex machina. Kawahara obviously planned this from the beginning and gave some hints. The adequacy of the hints can be debated.
Dec 15, 2012 1:47 PM

Jul 2008
Iceflamez said:
ssjokg said:
Iceflamez said:

He should have done the same thing the the other other players as he did to Asuna. Log them out.

The developers can handle that. They are in no hurries.
Dec 15, 2012 1:47 PM

Aug 2012
It bugs me how they chop it all up. At least foreshadow the beginning of the next episode to provide some fluidity.

Same with the end of the Aincrad arc. Why they didn't foreshadow Asuna's imprisonment is beyond me. It's like they've got 3 endings for the show.
Dec 15, 2012 1:49 PM

Aug 2011
Still sad that Sugou had such a low amount of screentime, fuck you A-1.
Dec 15, 2012 1:50 PM

Aug 2011
Man, the NTR lvl for this episode was off the charts. I think this is the first time I actually raged while watching SAO. Felt really bad for Asuna. Sugou looked so creepy licking all over her. DAT rape face. lmao.
Dec 15, 2012 1:50 PM

Jul 2008
EstelleBright said:
Still sad that Sugou had such a low amount of screentime, fuck you A-1.

Sugou is minor character. He doesn't need screen time. This ALO arc is a joke.
Dec 15, 2012 1:51 PM

Jul 2012
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
QuiGonJon said:
Paul said:
Takuan_Soho said:

This is a joke right?

Oh that, no worries, I read the novel til around where episode 22 left off and since I don't remember the relationship thing, it was probably not worth remembering.

Ah, I see.
Oh, and btw, you missed this since I was editing my post.
QuiGonJon said:
And what protagonist doesn't win in the very end? Very few.
And I mean its not like he won every fight he fought, there was that time.. where you know..
uh...
Oh yeah the first time he tried to ascend the world tree! And a couple time's in the first arc!!1!1
Granted, he doesn't really lose many important battles or anything, but I think that's what we can expect from SAO anyways. Did you actually expect anything better/deeper than what happened this episode? Frankly I'm just satisfied they didn't go with a "willpower and love conquers all!" solution.

I will not let this conversation die!!1!!11!
SAO is teh bst anime evar!!1

Dec 15, 2012 1:52 PM
Nov 2012
I loved it. It's sad it ends next week.
Dec 15, 2012 1:53 PM

Aug 2009
Iceflamez said:
ssjokg said:
Iceflamez said:

Except that they werent just trapped like Asuna was.Experiments were still ongoing.What if he had messed up?
Dec 15, 2012 1:57 PM

Sep 2012
Anticlimatic ending.
Dec 15, 2012 2:03 PM

Dec 2009
I have no idea how one single episode can be worse than all the other episodes of the series combined.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 15, 2012 2:13 PM

Aug 2008
You know...this whole episode is like the guy's version of a sailor moon finale.
Dec 15, 2012 2:13 PM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:
You know...this whole episode is like the guy's version of a sailor moon finale.
inb4 sailor moon isnt shit
Dec 15, 2012 2:14 PM

Jun 2012
This episode is no good.

I don't have any hope that episode 25 will be something. Probably some after story episode like Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood did.

Jul 2012
better than i thought it'd be

generally, i actually liked this episode. it wrapped up everything.

like i've said before, sugou is one creepy as muther fucka :D
Nov 2012
Lang said:

Have you played the games?

No, I haven't. My knowledge of the .hack universe is pretty much limited to .hack//SIGN alone, and that particular anime was all that I felt interested in anyway, after seeing and hearing about what else was there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 2008
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:

I watched every episode of sailor moon as a kid...twice. So that's not what I'm implying.
Dec 15, 2012 2:15 PM

Jun 2009
Paul said:
Tyestor said:
Zeally said:
Tyestor said:
UTW SUBS FUCKING WHERE

why would u bother waiting for UTW subs
the episode was terrible anyways lol

cos crunchyroll subs give me eye cancer.

Just watch it raw then?

no lol.
Dec 15, 2012 2:16 PM

Aug 2011
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:

Dec 15, 2012 2:17 PM
Oct 2012
Zeally said:
I'm comparing SAO to Guilty Crown the worst animes in the history of recent anime history :D

But you are not comparing them. You are just mentioning two random animations you didn't like. If you would like to compare the two, by all means, give reasons why you think SAO was as bad or worse than Guilty Crown. You have an eager audience awaiting. Or is that all you had to say and you thought it so god awfully profound that you needed to come here and state it? If so, thank you for your opinion, such as it was.
Dec 15, 2012 2:17 PM

Jul 2012
meepsheep said:
better than i thought it'd be

generally, i actually liked this episode. it wrapped up everything.

Thank you, I feel like everyone besides me expected the ending to be amazing and were criticizing this episode for not being so.
Common guys, this is SAO, not Steins;Gate. If you expected something great and got let down it's your own fault for expecting something great from SAO.

Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Yesterday, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.