MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Galactic Codex
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Legend of the Galactic Heroes »» Galactic Codex

Must be a Club Member to Reply
11-18-08, 8:42 AM

In a moment of madness, perhaps inspired by the sight of lelangir's nascent blog devoted to the series, I decided to hunt down all the anime blog posts I could find about LoGH and catalogue them.

Spoiler-Free (useful for convincing people to watch it in the first place!)

'Wow, LoGH is great': Bateszi, Bateszi (again, at greater length), Subatomic Brainfreeze, Anime Slice, Baka-Raptor.

Reviews: KT + Anime, Japanator.

Spoilers

Emperor J is heroically attempting to blog about each and every episode.

Democracy and dictatorship: Bateszi.

Season-by-season reaction: Otakuism.

Bateszi's final round-up of highlights.

a couple of Spiral Labyrinth episode posts: AnimeHistory.

Ghostlightning reflects.

Modesty almost, but not quite, prevented me from adding my own archive.

There might well be more stuff out there, so if you come across something LoGH-related on the net it'd be good to see it added here. I think I stumbled across a LoGH wiki site once, but it was small and evidently abandoned.
Modified by Kolokotronis, 04-19-09, 1:36 AM

11-18-08, 5:26 PM

Nice. I still want a lot of people to post at least one snippet at one point or another on that blog!

01-28-09, 7:06 PM

I don't know if this qualify here, but is quite neat discussion from 4chan /a/ about which character is better: Lelouch from CG or Reihard from LoGH. As you can see everyone agrees Reinhard would win , and the discussion shifts to which animu is better. Ater flawless victory of LoGH then CG fantards start rambling about how realityhaxxes, magic and making-no-fucking-sense make CG better.

Spoilers ahead.
1of4
2of4
3of4
4of4

Oh, and whole plot of CG and Lelouch rebellion is just Obersteins plot to weaken Britannian Empire before Neureich assault. Also: Schenkopp is fucking awesome.
I had fun once and it was awful.

01-30-09, 12:28 PM

Hey, it's discussion, even if it's /a/.

01-30-09, 4:10 PM

Who's the worst character in LOGH? Whoever it is, they're better than Code Geass' entire cast.

01-30-09, 5:51 PM

Echelon said:
Who's the worst character in LOGH? Whoever it is, they're better than Code Geass' entire cast.

I remember there were a handful of archetypal characters (more like devices); the Julius Ceasar guy, a lot of the FPA mindless demagogues (random nobles), Mashengo (LOL?)

01-30-09, 6:10 PM

Lelangir said:
Echelon said:

I remember there were a handful of archetypal characters (more like devices); the Julius Ceasar guy, a lot of the FPA mindless demagogues (random nobles), Mashengo (LOL?)

Still better than CG archetypes. Julius Cesar guy really lost it when Kircheis with his fleet were getting close (and i like madmen) , FPA mindless demagogues (random nobles) weren't primary characters, but they fitted the scenery: in democratic society you are bound to find demagogues, and nobles are generally huge dicks. Mashengo just couldn't go against his destiny, so don't be too hard on him.

Echelon said:

Anyone up for a LoGH vs. Code geass thread where we will unhumanly bash discuss CG and glorify talk about LoGH?

01-31-09, 4:31 AM

"Discution" doesn't exist when you're talking with fanboys. Anyway, I don't know english fanboys very well, but with the french ones it's almost impossible, and it's particulary true with Code Geass fanboys. They just can't admit that Lelouch is a poor copy of Reinhard :x

01-31-09, 4:55 AM

Katua said:
"Discution" doesn't exist when you're talking with fanboys. Anyway, I don't know english fanboys very well, but with the french ones it's almost impossible, and it's particulary true with Code Geass fanboys.

From my experiences with hardcore fanbois it seems that they are all pretty much the same.

Katua said:
They just can't admit that Lelouch is a poor copy of Reinhard :x

Maybe because they don't know who Reinhard is... yet they'll probably insist that Ledouche is "teh most kewl char evar!!1". And that Tytania is Geass ripoff. CG antifans, on the other hand, will insist that CG is Death Note and Gundam Seed ripoff. Little they know about The Truth...

01-31-09, 6:40 AM

Lelangir said:
Echelon said:

Haha, I always forget about that Julius Ceasar guy and yeah, he just might be the worst character in LOGH. Well, he only got like one episode anyways, heh.

01-31-09, 8:59 AM

Echelon said:
Lelangir said:
Echelon said:

Haha, I always forget about that Julius Ceasar guy and yeah, he just might be the worst character in LOGH. Well, he only got like one episode anyways, heh.

that reduces the overall score of awesomeness of LOGH from 9000/10 to 8999/10

02-09-09, 11:32 AM

Lelangir said:
Mashengo (LOL?)

Lies, Mashengo kicks ass. Didn't you see the episode where he basically fights with a tree trunk? Yeah, that's a sign of being awesome.

02-11-09, 12:20 PM

naikou said:
Lelangir said:
Mashengo (LOL?)

Lies, Mashengo kicks ass. Didn't you see the episode where he basically fights with a tree trunk? Yeah, that's a sign of being awesome.

Didn't he also protect F. Greenhill from the PKC in the beginning? That was epic GAR as well. And LOL@ fighting with tree trunk, that was hilarious as well.

04-04-09, 8:15 AM

awesome finds Leuconoe...is thier any way you post the links in the comments section?
'only the dead have seen the end of war' Plato
listen to the whispers of your ghost

04-05-09, 9:59 AM

Do you mean the comments section on the main club page?

04-08-09, 5:02 PM

yup...check the jpmeyer links, they didn't work for me.
'only the dead have seen the end of war' Plato
listen to the whispers of your ghost

04-09-09, 8:15 AM

Ah, JP's site went down a month or two ago. I'll remove the links.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices