Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 13, 2012 4:06 PM

Jan 2009
its easy to guess now that the killer of that Mikoto (Red King) is after is that ghost possesing fox, he definitely possess Shiro to shoot that gun

i guess Shiro is the first king (Silver King) while that ghost fox is the real Colorless King
Dec 13, 2012 4:26 PM

Dec 2007
F***ing awesome episode! As the others speculated Shiro is the Silver King! I hope there's more Homra vs. Scepter 4 fight next week.

Is it just me or am I sensing the impeding doom of Mikoto, Shiro/Weissman and Neko? :(
Dec 13, 2012 4:46 PM

Aug 2011
I feel like throwing something at Mikoto every time he says "huh" or does some form of grunt.
Dec 13, 2012 4:50 PM

Jun 2012
itsvero said:
I feel like throwing something at Mikoto every time he says "huh" or does some form of grunt.
he's too cool like that
Dec 13, 2012 5:00 PM
Aug 2011
itsvero said:

If he stops doing that his hotness would be decreased by at least 50% :c
Dec 13, 2012 5:02 PM

Mar 2009
Lmao what the hell did I just watch? This show is such a mess but I keep coming back for Yata anyway.
Dec 13, 2012 5:05 PM

Jun 2012
So we got fights but I had no reason to care about them, they were just eye candy and just decent at that. Also a plot twist out of nowhere and one that's been hinted for a while. The first one was the reintroduction of that white specter who I honestly forgot about 6+ episodes ago.. and then Shiro is Adolph K Weissman. The first one was just a facepalm because he wasn't doing ANYTHING for like half the season just to reappear out of nowhere. As for the second one it got revealed but yet again ask, do I care? Meh

This episode made me realize, this show hasn't given us viewers reasons to go with one side of the war or not or even side with Shiro. Regardless, I'll finish this series since there's only 2 more episodes
Dec 13, 2012 5:21 PM

Feb 2012
If Shiro = Silver King
Who was that guy in the air ship then ? (long silver hair dude)
Dec 13, 2012 5:32 PM

Sep 2011
Okay wtf. I'm so mindfucked atm. If Shiro is the Silver king, who was the guy in Airship? He was supposed to be the Silver King. Shiro lost his memories when the Fox Spirit went into his body, so that could of affected him.

Looks like we'll get some questions answered as in the preview we see that long silver haired guy. Colorless king is obviously the Fox Spirit, as he has some weird ass power that lets him control the person.
Dec 13, 2012 5:50 PM

Sep 2007
O_O [..............................]
^ Yes that was me after watching the episode, speechless...

It's kinda cool to see that Shiro = Silver King but aye....it leaves more questions than answers at this point in time.
Also...not sure how the other kings treat the Silver King you know? Like....are they now gonna bow down to Shiro because he's the Silver King? Or they gonna be like "Pffft another King? yeah whatever" and continue the Red vs Blue thing? xD
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 13, 2012 5:56 PM

Dec 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
the_trainman said:
This anime isn't so bad after all :D
Pretty much OK I guess...

That's about the least enthusiastic endorsement I have ever read!!!

And now my running commentary on the show:

Anyone else think that this show has about 10 characters too many?
Was the whole purpose of the first 5 minutes was for the two kings to have that Yaoi pose?
The "Batou" stance has been used far too often.
The animation from 6:18-7:50 was extremely poor.
The explosion was far too small to attract all that attention.
The most anticlimactic stabbing in animation.
Why does concrete explode on upon hitting on the ground.
What is with the sparks when Anna is watching the sword fights?
Like a salmon flowing against the stream I will stand still while everyone runs the other way.
Its raining black swordsmen!!
Hey blueguys, don't you remember that just 5 minutes before the reds were as stunned as you?
Ah, big breasted girls in uniform, comiket can't come too soon.
Skateboard vs sword. I mean really?
Damn stupid useless woman, always needing a man to save you.
Back from the stabbing! Who would have thought it??? Well me, and about everyone else here.
Of course out of the 1,274 people searching for him, its the Red King who finds him.
All that energy used and he jumps OVER the attack. Clever black swordsman!
Whoops, 8 episodes building up rivalry between glasses and skateboarding, lets not show it.
By the way what is with the music?
Fox scene = no budget, and doesn't the guy sound like the mask from that one bleach episode?
Boys, take note "Beware Crazy Eyed Women".
The least dramatic ascension scene ever.

Speaking of which, no one seems surprise that someone like Neko exists, why doesn't anyone else have one of these very useful constructs?

Does anyone else have the feeling that most of what we have seen is an illusion and that will be used to justify a lot of the ending?

Alright I guess you're looking for some answers... or some opinions. Like mine.

1. Have you read Homestuck? I don't think it's the amount of characters, but the use of them.
2. I think being face-to-face with death is a lot more scary than at arms length. With that point said, I agree it was dramatized.
3. The focus is on reason, not on stance.
4. But don't we all have off days? I didn't even notice this until you pointed it out.
5. I thought they were distracted by it because they don't know who made the explosion.
6. Ah, I thought it was so cool??
7. Magic.
8. I think it was to show both the sun's reflection and to have the 'watcher' know that they are swords.
9. So you've never seen something so crazy that you can't seem to move your body - such as someone flying towards you with an explosion and the destruction of your school?
10. And bats.
11. Cool?
12. That's what I think is the fault of this show - it sexualizes the women.
13. Think of the skateboard as a sword - because both are magically based and used for 'war'.
14. I'd like to say I agree, but part of me thinks it's just dumb Neko.
15. Magic.
16. But it wasn't a lot of power?
17. Well, now it's 9.
18. It's instruments.
19. For a low budget, I think they did rather well.
20. Most of the people affected by the fox spirit were men.
21. You don't seem to look at context do you.

22. It's a mans' world.

23. Yeah, but the point is we just don't know.

I mean, if you're going to criticize the show that much then I think a fan of the show should have a rebuttal. Hey, I'm not here to argue... I just thought you were being too critical on how the show presents the material rather than the actual material being presented. Does that make sense? I am, by no means, an anime expert so most of what I just said is really stupid.
Why do I need a photo here.
My equation is quite simple:
Davekat + no
Dec 13, 2012 6:07 PM

Sep 2012
rul said:
Anyone else think from the preview it looked like Neko is Weissmans dead sister from the flashback.

I think so too. And yes, indeed, Shiro is the Silver King afterall. What's his powers? Im so curious >.<

So the thing is, they're still after the Colorless King until now who has the ability to transfer from people??? Nice powers. haha

My reaction regarding Episode 11's Mikoto Suoh. . .I was so dammmm speechless to the point where all that I could think about it is how awesome he's badass attitude is! He even called Neko as b*tch for interrupting. Neko's reaction was funny though! xD
CLICK SEBBY to make him LVL UP! PLEASE

Dec 13, 2012 6:28 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shiz, did not see that coming.. I had a feeling when Shiro and that past guy sounded/acted identical, but I was just thinking relative maybe.. Neko though..preview makes me think shes the girl..or maybe the spirit of the girl, that died in his arms. If so then.. sad faces coming :(
Dec 13, 2012 6:30 PM

Jun 2012
rul said:
Anyone else think from the preview it looked like Neko is Wiessmans dead sister from the flashback.

- I only draw freestyle! -
Dec 13, 2012 6:57 PM
Oct 2012
typicaltopical said:

I mean, if you're going to criticize the show that much then I think a fan of the show should have a rebuttal. Hey, I'm not here to argue... I just thought you were being too critical on how the show presents the material rather than the actual material being presented. Does that make sense? I am, by no means, an anime expert so most of what I just said is really stupid.

No, it isn't stupid, you should always try to say what you mean, and I should try to understand what you are trying to say. I do understand what you meant, I thought it would be fun and funny to do it as a commentary as I watched the show, but you are right I should critique the show directly.

To start with this show seems to have been created by throwing darts at the animation dart board with little regard for any logically consistency.
1) Swords are cool, so everyone carries swords even though guns and rifles have been shown to be perfectly valid weapons.
2) Use of characters: I agree it isn't the number, but this show doesn't use them. Blue swordswoman is supposed to be the second most powerful member of blue, but this is twice now she has been less than useless in a battle. The first was understandable, but this time she was more than pathetic. "Hey look over there" and she looks? I mean what was with that?
3) Speaking of characters Blue glasses guy. Gets stabbed, buried under concrete and then pops up to rescue useless blue woman without anything to explain why? I mean maybe it will be explained next episode, but we are supposed to be heading towards the conclusion and they continue to add, not subtract from the list of things left unexplained.
4) I get context well, but the revelation of the white king was supposed to be a big scene, I mean it is the climax of the entire show, but I swear I expected him say "Guess what, I am the White King, tee hee" making that cute anime face similar to the Milky girl.

Let's start there. There are plenty of others, but those are a couple from this episode.
Dec 13, 2012 7:05 PM
Feb 2009
still don't understand this....
Dec 13, 2012 7:11 PM
Feb 2012
Neko doesn't have to be Shiro's sister. He could be just admitting to himself that his sister is long dead and the living should be protected (loads of anime have "I will protect you" stuff lol). So Neko is kinda replacement for the dead sis.
Dec 13, 2012 7:43 PM

Oct 2012
OMG NEXT WEEK COME ALREADY. K CONTINUES TO SURPRISE ME EVERY EPISODE.
Dec 13, 2012 8:12 PM

Apr 2007
Munakata is so cool. Some dude stabs him and he doesn't give a shit.

Red vs Blue in the preview, THANK YOU. I was gonna start raging if that didn't happen just because of this Yashiro business.
Dec 13, 2012 8:57 PM
Oct 2012
OK so Shiro is Wiseman, so the person flying around in the blimp wasn't Wiseman. Did Shiro/Wiseman hire this impostor Wiseman to pretend to be him...if so why?! Why was Wiseman hiding with an erased memory this whole time? Or was he hiding at all....who erased his memories and why!!!! Was it the damn fox spirit!
Dec 13, 2012 9:02 PM

May 2010
That was sick. nuff said.... well this episode at least
HydnlifeDec 13, 2012 9:10 PM
Dec 13, 2012 9:20 PM

Feb 2011
The last scene was pretty epic , I wonder what that white ghost is , maybe the Colorless King ?
Dec 13, 2012 9:48 PM
Jul 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
merureins said:
asmileycookie said:
damn i didn't like this Shiro=Weissman thing!! it was cool and kinda surprising but i want shiro back :(

and mikoto's badass level was over 1000%l

I agree 100%

Yeah.

I think this episode made it up for me. I didn't really like episode 9, but the past two episodes were good. I really liked this episode.

I think psychics sort of work like this. The manipulation of matter. The flames and stuff are just a special effect to help us, viewers, tell psychics were being used. As psychics, in my point of view, is the manipulation of matter, he can possibly affect matter to such an extent, because Kings are naturally masters at psychics in a way, can affect the matter that is his body to heal himself. Where as someone like Kuro, who isn't a king, must use a first aid kit. Thats my explanation. Also, they do it to their weapons so that they can continously make them, refreshed in a way, for blades, resharpen them. For bats, make them blunter?

So it's a fox spirit possessing everyone then? Did the guy who liked Kukuri die or something? (He went flying and all)

How is Munakata okay? I swear he was bleeding. Oh, I suppose that since he's the Blue King, his wounds probably heal easily.

4/5 for this episode.
Dec 13, 2012 10:35 PM

Nov 2011
Just when i thought it was impossible to get anymore confused, they up it a level.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 13, 2012 10:40 PM

Jul 2010
Well, at least Kukuri's pantsu shot didn't feel too out of place compared to the last one. Still, seeing that crazed face on her is down right creepy and disturbing.

Neko's reactions were funny and cute.
Dec 13, 2012 11:44 PM

Mar 2012
Finally an interesting ep! It was nice hearing him speak albeit subpar German in this ep. I don't think I've ever heard anime characters speak German before!

Also that little fox spirit thing has Natsu's voice :D
I can't wait till next week's ep
Dec 13, 2012 11:49 PM

Aug 2012
Wait.... is there a possible that the Gold King is Weissman's friend, the Lieutenant in the flash back or something ?
Dec 14, 2012 12:06 AM

Jul 2012
Well, that was interesting but I can't say it was completely unexpected. I wondered why that guy in the blimp looked like Shiro. Well... now we kind of know. Still, they better explain things or else they'll just be throwing random stuff around.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 14, 2012 12:38 AM
May 2012
Nice chap. Gotta feeling that the remaining 2 Kings would not appear :(
And the lieutenant, could it be the Gold King?? Damn just can't get enough with 13 episodes!!!
Dec 14, 2012 1:18 AM
Oct 2012
I wonder how they're gonna end this in 2 episodes..
Dec 14, 2012 1:44 AM

Jul 2012
This anime is meaningless, just pretty.
Only highlight of this episode was pantsu.
MisiakkDec 14, 2012 2:04 AM
Dec 14, 2012 4:28 AM

Nov 2011
Dangoxx said:
I believe that the fox person was most likely in the silver kings body and that was why we thought he was crazy.

That would be the most logical conclusion imo . I mean why else they would have shown Weissman on those "Fox spirit's" flashbacks
Dec 14, 2012 4:32 AM

Nov 2012
so shiro = silver king, therefore that leaves the fox spirit = colorless king

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 14, 2012 4:33 AM

Jan 2008
Kathrynkaren said:
Wait.... is there a possible that the Gold King is Weissman's friend, the Lieutenant in the flash back or something ?
He is that lieutenant indeed .

Well , a decent episode .I already knew what was going to happen like Shiro being the silver king and such that's why I wasnt surprised even a lil bit .Everyone should had noticed that the anime is named "K" , so particular things starting with K should be noted , like the one with Adolf's name and such .

But I really hoped that Shiro's big revelation should had been handled much better , not just like this .Just glowing all of a sudden after the Fox Spirit failed to enter him and then saying "No need to worry , I am immortal" blah blah blah ... THATS JUST BS .PURE BS .Damn K , you really had the potential but you didnt used it . oh well .And that really awesome Sword of Damocles of his wont even make up for this weak revelation .

And wth , Seri is that weak ? I wont buy this BS . But it was the Fushimi who got the highlight in Sceptre-4 . That freaky Accelerator face is just pure win .
Oh , and that "Batou" procedure before they fight ... I dont know if I should call that "cool" or something else . lol .
And Reisi's power is cool , so the Blue King can control gravity/force ,Red king is fire ,Silver king is immortal , Gold king is well ... planets ? lol .

Oh , and that part where some student was flying at Kukuri but was showed to be Kuroh instead , I saw what you did there K .

The only thing I havent figured out yet is who is the real colourless king , or well who's the "real body" of the colourless king .

And that Kukuri rape face is PURE WIN .was totally unexpected .Better rape face than Fushimi tbh ~
Looking forward to the next eps .
archer_shirou01Dec 14, 2012 4:43 AM
Dec 14, 2012 5:17 AM

May 2010
I will never understand this show...
Dec 14, 2012 5:26 AM
Jun 2008
Omg, what I am watching LOL
Why is it a Jesus awakening flag happen when Shiro is dying ? >.<
Dec 14, 2012 5:52 AM

Jun 2012
wait,if shiro is weissman and silver king,who is the one on the blimp?
Dec 14, 2012 6:42 AM
Jul 2018
spiral167 said:
wait,if shiro is weissman and silver king,who is the one on the blimp?

That's probably colorless king took shape of weissman
Dec 14, 2012 7:07 AM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
1) Swords are cool, so everyone carries swords even though guns and rifles have been shown to be perfectly valid weapons.
In fact the sword drawing scene is the ongoing joke (and an innocuous one) in 2ch when they talked about K. 抜刀(batou) is the nickname of this anime. I also find it fun and cool to watch. This is not the time to hold onto why other weapons are not used instead. Come to think of it, do we see any guns being used in this anime?
Takuan_Soho said:
2) Use of characters: I agree it isn't the number, but this show doesn't use them. Blue swordswoman is supposed to be the second most powerful member of blue, but this is twice now she has been less than useless in a battle. The first was understandable, but this time she was more than pathetic. "Hey look over there" and she looks? I mean what was with that?
They definitely spread the characters too thin as there are so many of them for a 1-cour anime. It is not just the swordswoman looking useless. How about her back story that prompted her to visit red clan's bar so often? What was the story behind Fushimi's leaving the red clan and joinin the blue clan, while still keeping the red power? The fat guy of the red clan looks pretty useless too, what is his role in the clan? etc etc etc It may be the inevitable result of having so many writers in this anime. Everyone wanted to add his favorite type of character and story element and too many got mixed in at the end.
Takuan_Soho said:
3) Speaking of characters Blue glasses guy. Gets stabbed, buried under concrete and then pops up to rescue useless blue woman without anything to explain why? I mean maybe it will be explained next episode, but we are supposed to be heading towards the conclusion and they continue to add, not subtract from the list of things left unexplained.
Actually my impression is that he deliberately let the rubble fall, which means he was not really buried in the concrete. It was more a way to knock down the stabbing guy. And clearly the ease of his coming into the scene carrying the stabbing guy to neutralize the red guy is indication that he is a KING and it is hard to kill. Besides, I have a feeling that he had known something looked fishy when he saw the guy crying for help (he said something like "what kind of trick...") so he was not totally unprepared for malice from that guy.
Takuan_Soho said:
4) I get context well, but the revelation of the white king was supposed to be a big scene, I mean it is the climax of the entire show, but I swear I expected him say "Guess what, I am the White King, tee hee" making that cute anime face similar to the Milky girl.
Actually what they showed in the anime was roughly what I had expected. The grand revelation was already shown with the appearance of the huge sword in the sky. If the kind and mild Shiro was Weissman without the memory all along, then even after he recovered his memory I would expect him to be still as soft-spoken as before. In fact back in 1945 he also spoke that way.

And I agree that the animation is a bit weak in this episode. Quite a lot of still scene cuts were used and explosion looked small. Fight scenes also looked plain. Guess one cannot expect sakuga/animation to be top level in every episode, even in a "sakuga anime" like "K".
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 14, 2012 7:53 AM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
In fact the sword drawing scene is the ongoing joke (and an innocuous one) in 2ch when they talked about K. 抜刀(batou) is the nickname of this anime. I also find it fun and cool to watch. This is not the time to hold onto why other weapons are not used instead. Come to think of it, do we see any guns being used in this anime?

Rifle was used in this episode when Anna was shot, pistol was used in the original murder. So they are effective. Now both are used by the colorless king, so maybe there is some truce where they can't be used among the colors, I mean a can rationalize it, but I really shouldn't have had to. My original compliant about the batou was that they used to too much, and in that it has become a joke (no matter how innocuous) would suggest this is true.

symbv said:
They definitely spread the characters too thin as there are so many of them for a 1-cour anime. It is not just the swordswoman looking useless. How about her back story that prompted her to visit red clan's bar so often? What was the story behind Fushimi's leaving the red clan and joinin the blue clan, while still keeping the red power? The fat guy of the red clan looks pretty useless too, what is his role in the clan? etc etc etc It may be the inevitable result of having so many writers in this anime. Everyone wanted to add his favorite type of character and story element and too many got mixed in at the end.

That is pretty much my main complaint. They keep adding stuff in an ultimate display of style over substance. Lots of things added which ask questions, but never much in the way of answers. A little bit is annoying, but this show has had a mountain of such things. in addition to the extreme use of coincidence and an over reliance on plot devices.
On a person note I have to admit to a personal hatred the way many Japanese companies feel the need when creating strong women to show that she really isn't that strong. This just isn't in animation, but also in drama and movies. It's the two step process that bugs me: we have to create a strong hot woman for the fanservice factor, but if we show her being too strong that will decrease the moe, so have to show that she is weak and that the man has to save her. Once you notice this motif it is depressing how often it occurs. K is just another in a very long line of such characters. In shows with other virtues it would be tolerable, but here it is just another example of uncreative trope dropping.

symbv said:
And I agree that the animation is a bit weak in this episode. Quite a lot of still scene cuts were used and explosion looked small. Fight scenes also looked plain. Guess one cannot expect sakuga/animation to be top level in every episode, even in a "sakuga anime" like "K".
In the minutes I pointed out, the animation was actually even worse. They had several of those lets have one still and slowly pan the camera across it scenes jammed into that sequence. Given that animation was the strong point of this show up until that point, this degradation of quality really stood out to me.

symbv said:
Actually what they showed in the anime was roughly what I had expected.
That again is sort of the problem. This is supposed to be the climax of the entire animation (leading into the it is hoped satisfying conclusion), it isn't so much that it was stale and predictable (that I had already figured out with the Dresden scene) it was more that there was absolutely nothing in the least interesting about it. It is sort of like a murder mystery with the detective going: "and for lunch I had duckling, and by the way Lord Footinass was the murderer" with sidekick responding: "Yeah, obvious huh? How was the duck?" At least they were able to eat duck. What the hell did we get.

None of these faults I admit are that major in isolation, in large part this reflects my frustration at the show. It's my fault for continuing to watch it.
Dec 14, 2012 8:21 AM

Dec 2009
even soo i dont like this anime this ep was quite alright
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2012 8:23 AM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Rifle was used in this episode when Anna was shot, pistol was used in the original murder. So they are effective. Now both are used by the colorless king, so maybe there is some truce where they can't be used among the colors, I mean a can rationalize it, but I really shouldn't have had to. My original compliant about the batou was that they used to too much, and in that it has become a joke (no matter how innocuous) would suggest this is true.
Actually I would say that batou is not used enough -- for an ongoing joke I don't mind seeing it more often, if only for its humor purpose. And thanks for the reminder, gun is used in two occasions and both are single person using it in a brief moment. But of course we know the swords look cooler, so here it stays. No objection to that! If we object to the use of this because "reasonably there is better equipment" I am sure there will be no end for us making complaints whenever we watch anime.

Takuan_Soho said:
That is pretty much my main complaint. They keep adding stuff in an ultimate display of style over substance. Lots of things added which ask questions, but never much in the way of answers. A little bit is annoying, but this show has had a mountain of such things. in addition to the extreme use of coincidence and an over reliance on plot devices.
Hmm... "style over substance".. I tend to avoid this word as it is very much a word that prompts argument (what is style? what is substance?). Plot devices and coincidences are often used abundantly in anime, and I do not really feel K is using it a lot more than other anime. And it is not as if the plot device gets too complicated for its own good. What I would agree though is that this anime has a world view that is too big for a 1-cour anime. I wonder if the writer group knew it (though I think they should). And in terms of series composition there is clearly some issue with the pacing and structure of the series.

Takuan_Soho said:
On a person note I have to admit to a personal hatred the way many Japanese companies feel the need when creating strong women to show that she really isn't that strong.
Nyah, I actually think the swordswoman is indeed meant to be strong and they do not really have this "woman too strong has lower moe" thinking like you said. I would really blame the screenplay for not giving enough highlight for her to be shown how strong she is in her fight. That said, we got to see her being really strong when negotiating with government official and school official. And clearly she keeps a strong grip of the team she runs. So I won't go as far as your broad comment over how Japanese media created strong woman to show she really is not that strong. That phenomenon does exist though, but I don't really think it necessarily applies in this case.

Takuan_Soho said:
That again is sort of the problem. This is supposed to be the climax of the entire animation (leading into the it is hoped satisfying conclusion), it isn't so much that it was stale and predictable (that I had already figured out with the Dresden scene) it was more that there was absolutely nothing in the least interesting about it..
Err... I don't see why going the way in the anime is that bad. Of course it is a bit anticlimatic but then given the character of Shiro I actually feel this is better. You may have noticed Shiro is Weissman quicker than others, but apparently quite many only noticed it when Shiro started to speak German (if anything I noticed Weissman in 1945 has a voice of Shiro so I already suspected Shiro is Weissman even before this episode), so to them the surprise was still there. You can say that there is an issue of the directing in dragging the disclosure for too long, but I guess it varies from person to person. At the very least I do not think it makes better sense to create a big climax scene for Shiro to make a grand revelation that he is Weissman after all.

Bottom line for me is: I do not think it is a great anime and I think there is issue with a worldview that is more than it can chew and with pacing and series composition. Yet I do not feel that frustrated with it either. In fact I enjoy various elements of it (sakuga, music, some of the characters etc), enough for me to continue watching it till now. I do not hold much hope of everything getting resolved at the end of the series, and it is not really realistically possible. But if I have had enough fun watching it, I am fine. And if the ending is good enough to go beyond my current low expectation, all the better.
symbvDec 14, 2012 8:33 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 14, 2012 8:28 AM

Oct 2010
I am partying right now but I will say that Anna,

Is always the best thing in this series for me. I just love being a brother to her and tending to her.

The person who snipe shot her would hear my fist roaring at a OVER 9000 level to slam him out of existence and dimension. You never shoot at a kid till the kid endangers you. That was never the case for Anna at that part. So I RAGE! That’s all!
zoze said:
i think Neko might be Shiro's sister.
or i can say Adolf K. Weissman's sister.
Finally someone who figured it out.

Indeed I suspected based on profiling of the sister and Neko's feature along with my dear witness here that indeed NEKO IS ONE AND ONE THING ONLY! Adolf's sister revived and given powers by him.

There is no better proof than this,

that once again flashed before us. Showing effectively Adolf's feelings of regret.

Hence he got pushed more than enough to revive her.

It's my Bday and I am just being really random around but c'mon can't deny Adolf's feelings there for wanting his sister alive again to be as strong as doing something crazy like making her into a special being that's forever. Notice how close is Neko all the time to Adolf? Notice how the sister of Adolf was close to him and clinging to him in the past? YOU PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE THE F UP MAN! It can’t be nothing but his revival or someone’s of his sister. I might even think it could be the Gold King that did this cause Gold always breathed life into someone while Silver was somewhat of a fake/never worked permanently thing.

I have a feeling that if Neko uses too much of her powers she will vanish but in the spoiler
you can’t deny her shape and pose there with Adolf. It kind of shows that Adolf is the Kingpin and a bad ass gangster with them parasol. Does not anyone think so from how Neko's pose there is towards the Silver King?

Originals:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2040/AsenshiK-11mkv_snapshot_0809_20121214_013924Panorama_zps4422746c.jpg
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2040/AsenshiK-11mkv_snapshot_0809_20121214_013924Panorama1_zps5c685712.jpg
for anyone that wants them.

Inviting the rest to the club for some very cool GIFs to share.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 14, 2012 9:16 AM

Apr 2010
di-roy said:
This anime never makes and fucking sense. they DONT EXPLAIN ANYTHING. they just throw stupid shit at you smh

I agree.
2/5.
Dec 14, 2012 10:00 AM

Mar 2012
I gotta say, it seems like everything is finally coming together. I can't put it all in one piece just yet, but at least now it doesn't feel like there will be a huge looming plot hole. Shiro is Weismann and the Silver King. That part isn't so surprising, but it does explain why Shiro has been plagued by amnesia -- maybe Weismann simply hasn't wanted to live on after his sister passed away even though he can't die.

The question now turns to who is that fox-figure and my guess is that it's the new Colorless King. And the motive of the new Colorless King? Perhaps just to stir up chaos, which can be seen from how he's instigating the war between Homra and Scepter 4.

Here's hoping the next two episodes will close it out well. It's a little late for the series to showing potential, but at least it's better than nothing.
Dec 14, 2012 10:31 AM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
Actually I would say that batou is not used enough -- for an ongoing joke
It isn't an ongoing joke, which is sort of the problem. It's in that annoying wasteland between cool and parody. In a way it could serve as metaphor for the show.
symbv said:
But of course we know the swords look cooler, so here it stays. No objection to that! If we object to the use of this because "reasonably there is better equipment" I am sure there will be no end for us making complaints whenever we watch anime.
Yes, but in most animations they at least work it into the story, the wielder is a sword-master or some sort of indication that projectiles don't work because of the magic, here they are using swords just well because. Which in isolation is fine, but when the answer to nearly every why question in this animation is "because". That is "style over substance". For me it is a type of fanservice. In doses it doesn't bother me, but if there is too much it wears thin real fast. K is nearly an overdose on style.
symbv said:
I tend to avoid this word as it is very much a word that prompts argument
True, but at the same time it can be a valid criticism, and I am trying to be careful in stating my reasons for coming to this conclusion. I may not convince, but at I least hope I am talking about something specific rather than the tiresome "This show is nothing but style over substance" statement.
symbv said:
I wonder if the writer group knew it (though I think they should). And in terms of series composition there is clearly some issue with the pacing and structure of the series.
I know they did (these things are planned out months in advance), and I think they don't care. This is another element of style over substance, continuing to throw things that worked in other animation in without rhyme or reason in the hope that you can push enough buttons (Anna is a prime example, another underdeveloped character they added to check the "Goth Loli" box.) to compensate for not having a constructed story.
symbv said:
Nyah, I actually think the swordswoman is indeed meant to be strong and they do not really have this "woman too strong has lower moe" thinking like you said. I would really blame the screenplay for not giving enough highlight for her to be shown how strong she is in her fight.
I wish this were true, but since it happens far too often I no longer afford the luxury of assuming it. At least in SAO they showed Asuna winning a couple of battles and saving Kirito a couple of times before turning her into a damsel. Here her entire character can be summed up with Ice Princess with a secret fault (in this case she still loves a red, and doesn't want to harm them). The bar scene was thrown in entirely for that purpose.
symbv said:
Bottom line for me is: I do not think it is a great anime and I think there is issue with a worldview that is more than it can chew and with pacing and series composition. Yet I do not feel that frustrated with it either....And if the ending is good enough to go beyond my current low expectation, all the better.

Well a good ending can save nearly anything, and with low expectations the bar becomes easier to clear. I guess my issue is that I don't like having to continue to lower my bar as the series progresses. Having low expectations at the beginning is fine, and I have enjoyed some below average shows for this reason. I guess my problem with K is that I had some expectations at the beginning and have had to continually lower them as the series progressed.
Dec 14, 2012 10:35 AM

Sep 2012
My mind has literally be blown! How can Shiro be Weissmann and the guy in the hovercraft be Weissmann to?! Could the Weissmann in the airship actually be the colourless King? I can't believe there are only 2 episodes left of [K]?
Dec 14, 2012 10:51 AM
Jan 2011
So the real Silver King has been reveled, so what happens to the samurai dude, does he becomes his bodyguard?
Dec 14, 2012 11:35 AM
Jun 2008
haha, I been wondering how the cat would fit into the story.... maybe she is the fox's relative or something .Both has some similarity .
Dec 14, 2012 12:10 PM
Sep 2012
I quite liked the plot twist. I really do enjoy this anime, even if it might be crap to some other people.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2012

396 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 4:13 PM

Poll: » K Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 20, 2012

118 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 4:05 PM

Poll: » K Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2012

138 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 3:44 PM

Poll: » K Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 15, 2012

170 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 1:45 PM

Poll: » K Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 8, 2012

202 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.