Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 16, 2012 4:29 PM

Apr 2012
CALLING IT NOW

They're probably going to use the monopole in either the gunpro 1 or the gunpro 2.
It's pretty obvious.
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Dec 16, 2012 5:22 PM

Jun 2012
Onyxthegreat said:
In the end Aiko's still going for the plan to work on a new GunPro together with JAXA. Looking forward to seeing the new robot take shape. It occurred to me that we never even seen them actually work on their robot before.

GunPro-01 was already near its completion when Misaki decided to drop the project. The only things the current robotics club needed was auxiliary parts but even then it was not enough for a full functioning giant robot.
DonmaidesuDec 16, 2012 7:46 PM
Dec 16, 2012 11:45 PM

Jul 2012
Solid episode. Finally Aki puts aside her dreams for the time being. Hopefully, we'll see a lot of the robot building process.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 17, 2012 2:52 PM

Oct 2012
Well.. 10 eps in and we are at the beginning again, building another robot now. This show has such slow tempo it gets really boring now.
Well, if this is slice of life and not science adventure I would be ok with it but I have to say I was expecting better from this show.
Dec 17, 2012 3:43 PM

Jul 2008
Mich666 said:
Well.. 10 eps in and we are at the beginning again, building another robot now. This show has such slow tempo it gets really boring now.
Well, if this is slice of life and not science adventure I would be ok with it but I have to say I was expecting better from this show.

Are we even watching the same show?
It's kind of slow but that's typical of the serie. Steins;gate was and don't even get me started with Chaos;head.
I'd say R;N move even faster than S;G did.

Lot of new elements were introduced lately:
- The monopole
- The reports
- Sister centipede
- Shop's manager's relation to all this mess
- Seem like earth is going toward destruction and that is deeply linked with the MC's ability to fasten his reaction speed.
- Mention of the 'organisation'.

Where was S;G at ep 10? They made some gel banana in a microwave, sent a few text to the past and other than that nothing really happened. Just like it did for S;G and C;H you don't have to worry, shit will hit the fan in due time.
Dec 17, 2012 3:49 PM

Nov 2011
KuroNoKenshi said:
Mich666 said:

Are we even watching the same show?
It's kind of slow but that's typical of the serie. Steins;gate was and don't even get me started with Chaos;head.
I'd say R;N move even faster than S;G did.

Lot of new elements were introduced lately:
- The monopole
- The reports
- Sister centipede
- Shop's manager's relation to all this mess
- Seem like earth is going toward destruction and that is deeply linked with the MC's ability to fasten his reaction speed.
- Mention of the 'organisation'.

Where was S;G at ep 10? They made some gel banana in a microwave, sent a few text to the past and other than that nothing really happened. Just like it did for S;G and C;H you don't have to worry, shit will hit the fan in due time.

Took Steins;Gate a good 12-13 episodes to really get going in earnest, and when it did, it fucking DID.
Dec 18, 2012 5:06 PM

Apr 2010
The difference betwen S;G and R;N is that S;G was interesting, had a good cast of characters and interesting twists, very thrilling. R;N doesn't have any of that. It's a borefest.
Dec 18, 2012 6:00 PM

Nov 2011
Dunno what to tell you. I'm still quite entertained by it.
Dec 19, 2012 12:59 AM
Oct 2011
Solkiskey said:
The difference betwen S;G and R;N is that S;G was interesting, had a good cast of characters and interesting twists, very thrilling. R;N doesn't have any of that. It's a borefest.
The first half of S;G was boring as hell (for me and for a lot of people), it took me a lot of effort to reach the 12th episode. R;N till now has a more fun first half imo, with all the interesting build-up about the sun and what KuroNoKenshi said. The 2nd half of S;G was more interesting yes, but it's unfair to compare it to R;N yet because even the 1st half of R;N didn't end yet.
Candor123Dec 19, 2012 1:04 AM
Dec 20, 2012 8:24 PM

Sep 2011
Candor said:
Solkiskey said:
The first half of S;G was boring as hell (for me and for a lot of people), it took me a lot of effort to reach the 12th episode. R;N till now has a more fun first half imo, with all the interesting build-up about the sun and what KuroNoKenshi said. The 2nd half of S;G was more interesting yes, but it's unfair to compare it to R;N yet because even the 1st half of R;N didn't end yet.

^^^ agreed
I put S;G on hold because I wasn't really into it during the 1st half
I like R;N 1st half more the S;G 1st half too
Dec 22, 2012 12:01 PM

Jun 2008
The monopole seems like a good chance for a robot that doesn't have to be as light as they assumed. Maybe it will help finish a GunPro. An engine based on monopoles will give them enough power to move a heavier body.
Dec 22, 2012 5:24 PM

May 2011
How could anyone wish for that adorable Airi to disappear :(?

And Aki was just so cute when she was spying on Subaru and Kai. I can see why its impossible to resist her "I wanna join" puppyeyes.
Dec 25, 2012 10:53 PM

Apr 2009
Welcome to reality, Akiho.

Sentimental value and other emotional connections attached to the prototype GP-1 were the biggest obstacles to moving forward and considering all possible options.

Well, producing a new unit, GP-2 was the most natural and logical next choice. Nobody said unit 1 had to be scrapped entirely. Though it could come in handy for spare parts...

About their "balanced" team, I have to wonder what Junna can bring to the table in terms of unique skills.

And whatever happened to the monopole, which was supposedly the Discovery of the Century? It's a smoking Chekhov's Gun for now, but it will play a very important role in the future. Most likely as a critical component for either unit.
Dec 30, 2012 12:19 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode! I'm really liking this series, I know there's going to be a moment soon when things will start to get real, but I kind of wish the series would just continue on like it has been...
Mar 6, 2013 8:51 PM
Mar 2013
This thread's been dead a while but the robotics geek in me had to post after re-watching episode 10.

It didn't particularly stand out to me as an episode in general, but I am suitably impressed with the detail and accuracy they've put into the description of the mark-2!

1) Carbon fiber is indeed used in robotics when both weight and strength are an issue (so cool!). Also reasonable that they decided not to use it since it's so freaking expensive (so unfortunate!).

2) They recognized how hard it is to put so many actuators in a robot! The calculations like inverse kinematics required to control something like that (let alone build it) are really tough.

3) Augmented reality giant robot! This is such a clever solution! In fact, so clever, I think it could work in real life (hackily) with some good programming! Almost makes me want to try to do it ...

4) Last, and my favorite: A series finally recognized the cube law of scaling!!! An object linearly scaled by N increases in volume and weight by N^3! This is really the biggest reason it is so darn hard to build anything mecha-sized and is where physics gets the most broken in most giant-robot shows. Now if only they would recognize the square law of tensile and compressive strength and the more complicated scaling of buckling failures ...

I love this series!
Mar 11, 2013 3:04 AM

Dec 2010
Nice episode overall, I liked most of it and I didn't really care about the last part. There were some hilarious moments, especially the part when Akiho asked Kaito to make more monopoles fall off the sky. His line makes it to one of my favorite quotes ever: "How do you expect me to do that? I'm not some mystical rainmaker." xD Frau actually smiled like a normal person :D

And Subaru is actually quite smart and pragmatic, I seem to like him as a character.
Mar 15, 2013 9:43 AM

Jan 2013
Monopol XD I hope they use it ;)
May 18, 2013 6:33 AM

May 2012
Dafuq was that rock all about? Are they going to use it, It has to have some purpose no? Either way now they've decided to build themselves a new robot I wonder how things will turn out! Lets see what's next!
Sep 28, 2013 3:35 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Beautiful episode, you saw a lot of everyday reality and a lot healthier in the dialogues, this can not make me happy. Design and animation beautiful, intriguing storyline with the new mystery and in some comments. All hilarious characters, Frau has always been a treat for your hands! lol'd
High rating, there are no excuses.
Apr 8, 2014 3:01 PM

Aug 2013
i still want that cat maid app....
Jun 5, 2014 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
well that wasn't a nice request
Jul 31, 2014 5:35 AM

Apr 2014
Gah that ending D: Asking Airi to disappear like that? Nooo.

Also, this picture explains me in real life this past month or two.

Sep 2, 2014 5:24 AM

Sep 2011
Well that wasn't very nice.
Aug 7, 2015 1:44 AM
Dec 2011
subaru is adorable....
frau is super fun..
and ohhh.... kai enjoys aki in maid cat ears awesome they are building a new robot whats wrong with that woman in the end telling such a mean thing to airi, also that monopole is an awesome addition to the plot :3
Dec 9, 2016 1:45 PM

Sep 2013
Better episode than the last few. Where the heck did the monopole come from??

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 20, 2017 12:52 PM

Jan 2013
Kaito sending an email to Subaru with the title: "To my cute junior" and Pleiades' picture :D
Also wasn't a very nice request at the end.

SayakaMagica said:
About their "balanced" team, I have to wonder what Junna can bring to the table in terms of unique skills.

I would have to think it's the fighting skills she got, allthough she said she wasnt very good :D
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.