Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 14, 2012 5:57 PM

Jul 2012
Wonder how is it going to end. Only one more episode.
Dec 14, 2012 6:24 PM

Apr 2011

Dat Boob Effect saving the day
Dec 14, 2012 7:59 PM

Aug 2011
Will there be a 2nd season? I noticed that it's only 1 episode left and it seems to be a bit too many enemies left maybe?
Dec 14, 2012 8:31 PM

Jan 2011
Goddammit... there better be a second season.
Dec 14, 2012 8:33 PM

Oct 2010
Pangeaa said:
Will there be a 2nd season? I noticed that it's only 1 episode left and it seems to be a bit too many enemies left maybe?
Yeah there is a 2nd season that should end it all but the manga are there for what was not in the anime, dialogue wise.
Falads said:
Goddammit... there better be a second season.
There shall be. Himiko is way too popular with this episode. More of this series is needed for future shows of her.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 15, 2012 12:46 AM

Jan 2011
god damn reflected boobs lol as much as i wanted to enjoy this episode which i did in a way i couldn't help but facepalm more than once
Dec 15, 2012 3:58 AM

Feb 2012
Hikarusuke said:

Highlight of the episode.

It finally ends next week...
And Date spared? I hope it won't a mistake for that woman~
HauntingShockDec 15, 2012 4:21 AM
Dec 15, 2012 4:10 AM

Dec 2012
Hikarusuke said:

Omg that was so epic.
Dec 15, 2012 4:22 AM
Jul 2018
Was that scene with Himiko and the bomb supposed to be erotic? Because that must have been one of the funniest fan service I've ever seen.
Dec 15, 2012 5:16 AM
Nov 2011
This was full of SURPRISES!!! I absolutely loved this episode...the action filled scenes got my off my seat! And love that we get to see a bit more of Himiko's skin and a BIM bouncing off her strong-ass booob! *for a second, I thought that her boobs had an effect on the BIM, u know, to disable* until I got thrilled knowing that he was still aliiive!!!!

L
Dec 15, 2012 5:48 AM

Aug 2012
I want to read the manga for now on. Which chapter is acording to this episode? Sorry for my bad english
Dec 15, 2012 7:49 AM

Dec 2012
I can sense a fan enraging ending here..... knowing how most animes are going at the moment this'll only be 1 series or if it isn't it'll be "too be continued" but a 2nd season won't be seen untill like 4-5 years later, BUT REALLY COME THE DAMN HELL ON THEY COUDN'T MAKE THIS A 24 EPISODE SERIES ?
Ǝ W ˙˙ ɹ ∀ Ǝ Ⅎ
Dec 15, 2012 10:34 AM
Apr 2010
If there's one thing that PISSES me off more than anything in anime, is when a character "looses all resolve" to fight back. I mean seriously, if you're going to die, die fighting. OMG Himiko gets me so angry!
But her boobs makes it LESS rageful for me. e.e
Also:
Flipside101Dec 15, 2012 10:50 AM
Dec 15, 2012 1:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Save by the boob. LOL.

But seriously, what happened to the badass and determined Himiko. She's suddenly turned into a damsel in distress type.

I'm annoyed now that it's dawned on me that there won't be closure and probably I'll have to wait for a second season.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 15, 2012 1:41 PM

Nov 2009
As expected, one more episode won't be enough. Season 2 sometime then? I'm okay with this.
Dec 15, 2012 4:42 PM

Aug 2011
I have a bad feeling about letting Date live…
Also, I didn't want to believe the change in Taira, and I still don't want to either. I'm not surprised if it went down that route.

Well done Himiko for deploying the perfect mix of attack and defense. Consider me entertained.
Dec 15, 2012 6:55 PM

Mar 2011
Hooooooooooow? how will this end?? Why so freaking short? >_<
Dec 15, 2012 7:19 PM

Jul 2012
The ever so famous Boobs against Bombs has arrived. When I read the manga and finished reading it all (at least what has been translated up to), and I read that scene, I just knew that if it ever received an anime, Madhouse would do it. And the announcement is made and whaddaya know, Madhouse is doing it. Not that I have any problems with that, I think Madhouse is a top-tier animation studio. I have loved every bit of Btooom's animation so far.

Sadly, I believe we're going to get a MASSIVE cliffhanger after this. Unless a sudden "Season 2 in Progress" comes up soon, then Btooom will most likely with a BONES-esqe ending.

This episode, though, I loved. Everything was depicted awesomely. Himiko's depression after the belief of Ryota dying, Shiki's battle with Date, and Ryota's return. And seeing Ryota finally leave his naive 'I trust anyone' phase made me happy. I had been waiting for it for so long now. And as of last episode, we can see that Himiko is about the only person Ryota should trust right now, after that ending with Taira.

I'm personally excited to see how the next (and last) episode is done. I'm hoping they'll put closure between Ryota finding out Himiko is the Himiko, so forth. Action has been great, as always.
Dec 15, 2012 10:33 PM

Jul 2009
they're basically at the latest chapter (especially cause no one translates the chapters anymore!)
so no s2 for a longggg time, if ever.
Dec 15, 2012 11:05 PM

Dec 2012
Hikarusuke said:

The Boob Bounce will become a trademark icon defining Btooom. It was all emotional, accepting her death from a bomb and then (bounce) I was like "wut"
I don't know if it's just me but Shiki looked like a shinigami when she was about to slice Date. I don't think even this will really change Date from being merciless and from using people. Letting him live will bite everyone back in the butt.
RaspberryFruitsDec 15, 2012 11:09 PM
Dec 16, 2012 12:35 AM

Aug 2008
Letting that Date live? Oh hell no.

I was like YESSS Shiki is still alive!! *o* But then... She didn't kill Date? ugh.
Dat boob scene lol I laughed so hard.

Okay we all need a second season.
Dec 16, 2012 1:02 AM

Jul 2010
niaxato said:
Anyone else hoping for an original ending where Date-san kills everyone and makes it off the island a second time? I mean, really, they would deserve it right?

I completely agree. I hope Datte will kill all of them and make a good evil laugh before "The End" black screen.

Not sure about manga pacing (which might make all this action a bit better) but there were so many facepalm moments in these last few episodes. Madhouse, I'm disappointed. And here i thought this is one of the better series of the season.
Dec 16, 2012 1:44 AM

Apr 2012
Han-yuu said:
niaxato said:
Anyone else hoping for an original ending where Date-san kills everyone and makes it off the island a second time? I mean, really, they would deserve it right?

I completely agree. I hope Datte will kill all of them and make a good evil laugh before "The End" black screen.

Not sure about manga pacing (which might make all this action a bit better) but there were so many facepalm moments in these last few episodes. Madhouse, I'm disappointed. And here i thought this is one of the better series of the season.

I thought this anime was low budget to be honest so I wasn't expecting something fantastic. Didn't like this episode though. Still watchable though lol

Dec 16, 2012 6:35 AM

Oct 2009
this is the interesting scene of the episode ah ah ^^

And the ryouta naive personality finally die with this trap

good thing, i can't wait the final ep <.<

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Dec 16, 2012 7:23 AM

Mar 2011
bastek66 said:
Sasuga Madhouse

This was lolwtf, really? xD

Anyhow! The episode was good. I knew Ryota would survive as it is abvious at this point xD. I was waiting for Date to get what was coming to him, but was I the only one annoyed he didn't actually die?

Next episode looks to be really interesting. I was suspicious of the betrayal but wasn't sure, and thought since he was crippled he couldn't do anything anyway, but we will see ;O.

Only one more epsiode, so I guess we won't get a proper conclusion. I hope we get a 2nd season though.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 16, 2012 1:47 PM
Jul 2011
Stupidest piece of shit for an episode ever. And I rated this show an 8/10. down it goes.
Dec 16, 2012 1:47 PM
Jul 2011
Did no one else notice Ryotas voice being different?
And another thing; This girl should die. All anime girls like her are f'ed up. Blaming the guy for looking at her naked when it was her own fault.
deadeaddeadDec 16, 2012 2:00 PM
Dec 16, 2012 6:32 PM

Apr 2011
bastek66 said:
Sasuga Madhouse

Oh god... Yes.
AnimeMangaSuki said:

AnimeFtw1 said:

And another thing; This girl should die. All anime girls like her are f'ed up. Blaming the guy for looking at her naked when it was her own fault.

someone understands my feeling :') marry me!

So she should die because of that? Wow... Real life girls are like that too.
Dec 16, 2012 10:23 PM

Sep 2011
giraffesyo said:

AnimeMangaSuki said:

AnimeFtw1 said:

someone understands my feeling :') marry me!

yeah that is a petty reason for wishing her to die
Dec 16, 2012 10:29 PM

Sep 2012
giraffesyo said:
There's a word for RL girls like that. And that word is Bitch.
Dec 16, 2012 11:15 PM
Jul 2012
Well, next episode is the last, and also seems to be the very interesting. Also, I think it was love that stopped Shiki from killing Date. Still, I WANTED HER TO AT LEAST CUT OFF HIS HEAD THAT HAD THE GREEN THING(CAN'T REMEMBER NAME) OFF! And give to Himiko. Then, they will have succeeded in gaining a new one. And they can potentially go even further in a shorter time. Also, it would mean Date would suffer what Shiki had to suffer because of him. Am I the only one who likes this idea? Still, at that last part, was I the only who got weirded out at both the hole thing in the hand, and Taiga-san's face in Ryouta's mental pictures of him?
Dec 17, 2012 12:37 AM

Mar 2012
Hoping it ends with the kiss next episode. Would be a great ending that way.
Dec 17, 2012 12:49 AM

Sep 2012
Making the fat ojisan the "last boss" of this series is a bit lame, but I guess it can't be helped given that it is how the story progresses in the manga.

At least since the last 2 episodes we get to see Himiko and Sakamoto hold hands at the end of the OP instead of barely touching their fingers. Will Sakamoto get to know the Himiko he is talking to is the Himiko he married in the game before this series ends?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 17, 2012 2:04 PM

Sep 2008
Last episode was bad, this week was just.. really bad.

onedaysnotice said:
how the FUCK was Date still able to walk after Murasaki stabbed him straight in the spine? And that boob-bounce, srsly?

2/5

Yeah, that stab was completely forgotten, besides explosive power being used as it fits the plot, and the nurse forgiving Date.. this series really annoys me, Idk why I still watch it. >.>

Han-yuu said:
niaxato said:

+1 for this
darqueDec 17, 2012 2:08 PM
Dec 17, 2012 3:33 PM

Apr 2011
First few were disappointing... Then the anime became good...Now again A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. Reason? MC has no guts. Just kill that bastard, take the CHIP and EASY WAY OUT OF THIS ISLAND...
Dec 17, 2012 4:00 PM

May 2012
I started watching this yesterday, and I couldn't stop. It is best anime I've seen in 2012.

I can't wait for the final episode. Hope there is season 2

10/10
Dec 18, 2012 5:56 AM

Jan 2008
bastek66 said:
Sasuga Madhouse

The trademark of BTOOOM! It's not the bombs , not the blood , it's the Boobs vs Bombs action alright .
But honestly , that was quite unexpected .Himiko's reaction was ♥ .(lol). But Date's reaction was way better . XDD

And that part where Ryouta threw that case outside ,I was like,"omfg , MC plot armour is just ..." then it missed that opening of the window "LOLOMGWTFROFLBBQ , he's fcked." then I suddenly noticed the opening leading to the floor below ,then he instinctively jumped there "Well .... ok , I guess that's good enough ." Well atleast , he had injuries now and that should make those that hate Ryouta for his plot armour shut up .

And again , as usual , Himiko is being Himiko this episode . Her resolve getting smashed that easily , but I can understand . She might just be regretting that she didnt told him about her being the real Himiko and such before Ryouta "died" . But still , Himiko is still one of the best female MC out there .'nuff said .

And to those that hated the shower scene at the end , I think you can just brush it off in the side because every anime needs a scene like this or two to appeal to the typical japanese otaku ,just like *cough* SAO *cough*
~♥

A funny but decent episode , looking forward to the next and the last one . And the title is "Bonds" ? I wonder how theyll gonna finish this with a cliffhanger . And I really hope to see this anime again in the making after 1-2 years , after they have acquired enough material for another season , that is .
Dec 18, 2012 9:22 AM

Sep 2010
bastek66 said:
Sasuga Madhouse

This is the best part of the episode...... :D And look at dat doctor's face...... :P

Anyway.... Didn't Ryouta already knew that Taira has recovered chips from those bodies? He says in a previous episode to Date that they found 3 chips already.... >.<
Dec 18, 2012 10:59 AM

Sep 2011
darque said:
Last episode was bad, this week was just.. really bad.

onedaysnotice said:
how the FUCK was Date still able to walk after Murasaki stabbed him straight in the spine? And that boob-bounce, srsly?

2/5

Yeah, that stab was completely forgotten, besides explosive power being used as it fits the plot, and the nurse forgiving Date.. this series really annoys me, Idk why I still watch it. >.>

Han-yuu said:
niaxato said:

+1 for this

Coming from someone who's read the manga, the show is pretty much 100% SPOT ON. Everything that was showed here was like in Manga. The action pacing, the boob bouncing, the stab to his back, etc.
Dec 18, 2012 3:16 PM

Jul 2010
After all that Murasaki still didn't kill Date. I can't believe it.

When Himiko thought she was going to die she said she should have told Ryouta she's the same Himiko, but now that she's saved she still didn't. -_-

Dec 18, 2012 4:29 PM

Jul 2008
Murasaki could have at least cut off Date's arm and given the kids the chip or something.
Dec 18, 2012 5:00 PM

Feb 2012
Hahahaha, imagine how the animators at Madhouse were probably facepalming when they had to animate the infamous scene we readers were looking forward to.
Dec 18, 2012 10:22 PM
Aug 2011
lmao!!
Had I known about that boob scene, I would have watched this sooner. Hilarious shit.

Does that mean if she was flat-chested, she would have died?
Dec 18, 2012 11:09 PM

Jul 2008
parfaited said:
lmao!!
Had I known about that boob scene, I would have watched this sooner. Hilarious shit.

Does that mean if she was flat-chested, she would have died?

No. The bomb didn't blow up because since Ryouta wasn't dead, Date didn't have "possession" of the BIM and could not activate it. If Ryouta had died than the bomb would have exploded when it hit Himiko, no matter how large her breasts were.
Dec 19, 2012 8:16 PM

Sep 2008
Tyrel said:
Coming from someone who's read the manga, the show is pretty much 100% SPOT ON. Everything that was showed here was like in Manga. The action pacing, the boob bouncing, the stab to his back, etc.

Well, that just means the manga is bad as well. IMO
Dec 19, 2012 9:28 PM
May 2012
I can't believe Himiko's boobs can save her life! Where was I? High School of the Dead?

The show will to come to an end btw....

It's unfair that Both Ryouta & Himiko will face Taira-san all by themselves!
Dec 20, 2012 8:11 AM

Sep 2008
JeffreyZin said:
I can't believe Himiko's boobs can save her life! Where was I? High School of the Dead?

People.. stop this. Her tits didn't save her life, even if the cracker had hit a wall it wouldn't explode, because MC was still alive, so Date couldn't activate the cracker, hence no BTOOOM.
Dec 20, 2012 9:57 AM
Nov 2010

weapons of mass destruction.
Dec 20, 2012 1:21 PM

Jan 2011
Even though the cracker had never been activated in the first place the BIM bouncing of her boobs was just way to lame... it ruined the mood. I wonder if this will be an anime original ending, but they may not even get the required chips to call the chopper in the first place. This episode was not as good as I hoped for but the next episode may be the best one.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 20, 2012 8:06 PM
Aug 2012
i love that theres actually people that liked this show tooo lol whats up with the ending on episode 12 any ideas
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

140 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.