Forum Settings
Forums

16th Japan Media Arts Festival Award List Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 15, 2012 2:20 PM

May 2009
Ahh Gunslinger Girl. Finally it gets some recognition
Jan 8, 2013 11:54 AM

Dec 2012
In my opinion, Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki is the best out of all the anime got award. it's a shame that not a lot of people have watched it
Jan 8, 2013 12:20 PM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
In my opinion, Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki is the best out of all the anime got award. it's a shame that not a lot of people have watched it
Perhaps you are talking about people outside Japan because in Japan a lot of people have watched it (estimated to be 3.5 million people) and is the 6th highest grossing movie in Japan in 2012.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 8, 2013 1:07 PM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
ThangLong said:
Perhaps you are talking about people outside Japan because in Japan a lot of people have watched it (estimated to be 3.5 million people) and is the 6th highest grossing movie in Japan in 2012.

I saw it at a film festival and have pre-ordered the Blu-Ray Disc for Ookami. Two discs, booklet, commentary thankfully some extras. Even English subs, probably the same ones I saw at the film festival.

I actually preferred Nijirio Hotaru - Eien no Natsuyasumi - as my pick for anime movie of the year and bought the DVD; too bad there was no BD release. And too bad the DVD is simply a box, a cover and a disc. No extras or booklet or anything at all! Guess I'm spoiled by what you get in the individual BDs for TV series nowadays but not since VHS tapes have I received so little in a box!
Jan 8, 2013 3:04 PM

Sep 2012
PTW list updated. =)
Jan 8, 2013 8:32 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
ThangLong said:

That's right, I'm talking about people on MAL specifically
Jan 9, 2013 1:38 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
symbv said:
ThangLong said:

That's right, I'm talking about people on MAL specifically

It is too bad that Funimation is so slow to take advantage of their rights acquisitions. They bought the rights to Ookami but have sat on it thus far and not even released it subbed for Elite subscribers as far as I know. Too bad also that a subbed film is only considered appropriate for film festivals and art house theatres. Dubbing takes time...

Hours after the Japan BD release it will be ripped and torrented. Since this one already has subs you won't even need to watch it raw first...

I will enjoy my BD with commentary track.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
50 minutes ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
3 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
6 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
11 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.