MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Logic 101
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Forum Games »» Logic 101

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
11-17-08, 3:56 PM

tr1ggers4d said:

Seriously? Grow up. Just because you disapprove of someone doesn't mean you act like an asshat as well.
That's hardly what's wrong with his posts. What's wrong is the copious amounts of logical fallacies he made.
Perelman, martyr

11-17-08, 4:01 PM

nihlniisadxhai said:
tr1ggers4d said:

Seriously? Grow up. Just because you disapprove of someone doesn't mean you act like an asshat as well.
That's hardly what's wrong with his posts. What's wrong is the copious amounts of logical fallacies he made.

People act illogical when they're mad and/or feel insulted?
You continue to stress what you believe to be his stupidity and extreme lack of logic, after all.

11-17-08, 4:07 PM

tr1ggers4d said:
nihlniisadxhai said:
tr1ggers4d said:

People act illogical when they're mad and/or feel insulted?
You continue to stress what you believe to be his stupidity and extreme lack of logic, after all.
Little more or less than human he acts. You are substantially less human, but still too human. Come on, you used the argument that chemistry had value as a 'science' because its results were implicatious. That's actually an extremely strange logical fallacy of the form.

A- > B
C
therefore B.

Equivalent to: 'If Carbon Dioxide increases, the earth warms. I like babies thus the earth warms...'
Perelman, martyr

11-17-08, 4:16 PM

nihlniisadxhai said:
Little more or less than human he acts. You are substantially less human, but still too human. Come on, you used the argument that chemistry had value as a 'science' because its results were implicatious. That's actually an extremely strange logical fallacy of the form.

A- > B
C
therefore B.

Equivalent to: 'If Carbon Dioxide increases, the earth warms. I like babies thus the earth warms...'

Not so much, that was a terrible bit of articulation on my part.
To clarify myself, I had meant that the only real way to rank or value science is on its implications, whether it be through the science community or the rest of the world. Measuring "complexity" and the greatness of a scientific discovery or feat is purely subjective, as I could just as well say addition is more complex than exponents on the basis of that is how I judge it to be. Implications however, are quantitatively observable and much easier to record.

In contrast, your idea that scientific discoveries should be based solely on how "complex?" a discovery is(correct me if I'm wrong.) This is purely up to each individual and what he considers to be more meritorious of a scientific achievement, and this has nothing to do with how great one field is over another, as that is purely subjective as well. A chemist after all, did discover nuclear physics, which was perhaps one of the most intriguing sciences at the time.

In truth, I believe, it's impossible to really rank them, the only way to do so if you were to attempt is if you were to look into the implications in the scientific community and/or the real world.
Modified by tr1ggers4d, 11-17-08, 4:20 PM

11-17-08, 4:18 PM

the_prime_one said:
Whoa, looks like whatever this thread once was went down the shitter.
You make it sound like it didn't start in the shitter.

11-17-08, 4:20 PM

Being hateful does not imply aggression, however acting on hateful impulses generally is aggression. And certainly verbally attacking other members using words like "stupid" with emphasis such as "fucking" is aggressive.

A definition quickly and sloppily lifted from google: "having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends;"

Heck, this post is aggressive. Nonetheless, thank you for continuing the civil unrest. But unfortunately, because of that, an interesting experiment like this will be lost.
*** Topic Locked ***

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices