Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2007 6:20 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow what an intense end. This show keeps getting better and better. I loved it when Chagum said "why dont you just sleep with her?" to Tanda. I just cracked up so hard. I can't wait to see Tanda in action next episode. Looking forward to it.
Sep 24, 2007 10:24 PM

Apr 2007
Holy, I cant really describe how I love this episode. It was all calm and funny in the first half then 2nd half turns to be really damn intense! I also cracked up hard when Chagum said that to Tanda, he's so bold! Also I love how Chagum's eyes becomes kinda cool at the end.
Next episode we get to see Tanda in action, really looking forward to it!
Sep 24, 2007 10:47 PM

May 2007
Excellent episode. I love the twist where the Star Diviners realize that the Place of Celebration is not Blue Lake. Meanwhile, everyone is trying to protect Chagum from La Lunga, who becomes possessed and runs off.

Also, I love it how Chagum tells Tanda to just sleep with Balsa. Funny as hell for a 12 year old to tell a grown man that... although Chagum is considered a young man now.
Sep 25, 2007 10:28 AM

Oct 2006
Wow... Chagum just rocked this episode.
Faust721 said:
I loved it when Chagum said "why dont you just sleep with her?" to Tanda. I just cracked up so hard. I
QFT! lol... I couldn't contain my laugher. That scene was just awesome. Same goes for the scene when he grabs both Balsa's and Tanda's hands. And apart from his character development I also like how his physical appearance changed. The new outfit looks great as well.

It was a great introductory episode for the conclusion. I'm getting hyped about the ending now. Can't wait to see it.
Sep 25, 2007 12:41 PM

Jun 2007
Kayrhandros said:
Wow... Chagum just rocked this episode.
Faust721 said:
I loved it when Chagum said "why dont you just sleep with her?" to Tanda. I just cracked up so hard. I
QFT! lol... I couldn't contain my laugher. That scene was just awesome.

^^ :3

so we are near the grand finale :S how sad... i really loved every episode of this show.
some awesome nature animation in this episode again, the blue lake was sooo beautiful :S wish i was there
Sep 25, 2007 1:59 PM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
Wow, finally some significant plot advance.
Sep 26, 2007 2:50 AM
Jun 2007
LOVED the episode =O
Sep 26, 2007 11:43 AM

Aug 2007
No comments. Chagum made me laugh hard. Simply amazing the Episode.
Sep 26, 2007 1:25 PM

Aug 2007
Great episode!!!
Sep 26, 2007 1:39 PM

Jun 2007
Really awesome show! This episode was especially so because they had in that little bit of comedy that didn't feel out of place but made you chuckle really hard.

Jan 15, 2009 1:57 AM

Jul 2008
Intense ending, the claws were scary as hell.
Mar 28, 2009 9:13 PM

Jun 2008
Cool-ish episode but:

You can tell the creators of this show have never played Pokemon. That or they're super-geniuses who modeled their characters around retards from the past who haven't figured: lightning > water > fire > grass > I forget (I think rock/earth). I mean seriously that shaman person who's like a genius is all like *gasp* "I wonder why I didn't think fire beats earth!" Because it fucking doesn't. God.
Apr 7, 2009 5:04 PM

Feb 2009
In time like this you wish they have a plane or something.
Jun 22, 2009 5:52 AM

Nov 2007
Super intense episode, so much happening and the fact that they didn't get all the tablets and something went wrong only acts to increase suspense. Atmosphere is great right now.
Aug 7, 2009 5:36 AM

Jun 2008
Intense episode.
Mar 30, 2010 2:55 AM

Sep 2008
wow... loved it.

Chagum's appearance has changed so much since he was just the little prince. :P The new clothing and hair is a huge improvement over his princely look, but I really preferred the shorter hair.

Stupid Star Readers fail AGAIN. *sigh* This is all because Shuga didn't continue his duties when they first sent him down in the hole.

So where is the true land of Feasting? And those flowers give you the ability to cross back and forth from Sagu to Nayug, right? So that's why the Rarunga is able to rip someone apart? It seems nearly invisible and intangible until it came in contact with the flowers. Now I just wonder if Balsa and Tanda can make use of that ability to protect Chagum.

Ha! I knew my suspicions about the Warrior 8 would be confirmed! >:D Those pictures of the first mikado and his warriors were way too similar to the current mikado's assassins. They had to be the descendants.

About the bit of humor - I want to know what Chagum really said... you guys are saying that he asked Tanda "why don't you just sleep with her" but is that accurate or was it a poor translation on the fansubber's part? Because the official subtitles say "Why don't you just marry her?" which is COMPLETELY different. One is really funny and out of character and the other is just Chagum being his usual straightforward self. He's always been too proper to say something like the fansubber's version. At least, that's my opinion.

And while Tanda might think they've grown too far apart to be together, but Balsa's definitely thinking about it. ^_^ Her talk with Torogai made me go "aww" since her dreams were almost certainly about Tanda and Chagum. >:] She should have a happy family!

One volume left - I hope that all ends well.
Jun 11, 2010 11:46 PM
Feb 2008
Shit just got real!

I loled at Chagum's quip to Tanda about just sleeping with Balsa already

I don't get why the warriors were surprised about not being able to fight Balsa. Like did they not get everything was pretty much on the same page at this point? Guess they had grudges from when Balsa beat them before. Didn't expect the whole descendant thing though

Tanda noticed the Beast avoiding the flowers I believe. Chagum also ate one. Maybe this will play out later on.

I enjoyed the medieval flamethrowers pretty neat.
Jul 6, 2010 3:38 AM

Apr 2009
Those archers hidden bug me, the bastard of emperor sure plotted something again...
Jul 15, 2010 9:41 AM
Apr 2010
Those don't look like claws >.< more like crab legs.
I wonder whats on those tablets that's so important.
Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 3, 2010 6:40 AM

Jun 2009
I was expecting Chagum to use a spear, so it would look really cool as the Spear implied to Jiguro's life

Balsa - "Chagum" - Tanda, holding hands

the Place of Celebration scene

Actually the tablet is very important - just think of the word HISTORY, no need for further info about it
ZinvyAug 3, 2010 6:44 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 4, 2010 10:17 PM

May 2010
Am I the only one who is curious about Madam Torogai's children?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 6, 2010 12:14 PM

Sep 2008
Fionartan said:

About the bit of humor - I want to know what Chagum really said... you guys are saying that he asked Tanda "why don't you just sleep with her" but is that accurate or was it a poor translation on the fansubber's part? Because the official subtitles say "Why don't you just marry her?" which is COMPLETELY different. One is really funny and out of character and the other is just Chagum being his usual straightforward self. He's always been too proper to say something like the fansubber's version. At least, that's my opinion.

Actually, the subs for "Why don't you just sleep with her?" are spot on. But he literally says "sleep", as in... sleep beside or in the same bed, he didn't actually imply going further. But, literally, that is what he said. XD

Ahem. EXCELLENT episode. SO many good things about it that it's hard to remember all of them... Still loving Tanda, and he is right about his relationship with Balsa - his love was probably all passionate at one point, but since he's so used to being around Balsa, his feelings calmed a bit... Still, I hope they end up together. It's sort of rare that you see a more "mature" romantic relationship in an anime (at least, I think so).

The star diviners messed up again. D< But it added more awesome tension to the story...

I also really like how Chagum turned out - taller, stronger, less childish facial features (though he's always had more mature facial expressions than other kids in the series). His new clothes suit him... Oh and yes! His eyes were awesome at the end! I like how they look that way. :P

Tanda is clever as always - having already noticed what La Lunga was REALLY avoiding and acting on his observations already... So many great characters - he's just one of them. :D Anyway I'm really liking how the "climax" is playing out! The atmosphere is perfect! Can't wait to watch the next episode~
Nov 5, 2010 2:45 AM

Oct 2010
I can't believe how excited I am to watch the next episode, I mean, this is my second run...

Chagum's growth was really notable. Just love him, best kid ever indeed. Animation was just too superb. CG-ed army, reflection in the water.. Pacing was awesome. Very fitting soundtrack.

Not only romance, the whole thing in this series is very maturely made. Very enjoyable. I'm wondering about the details of Balsa's dream, though :)

Confucius said:
Am I the only one who is curious about Madam Torogai's children?

No.
Feb 21, 2011 8:53 AM

Apr 2009
Fionartan said:

I was just wondering about that, because my subs said 'marry' o.O And then I came here, and what you people said made me rewatch the scene because I thought I had missed something.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 16, 2011 10:59 AM

Apr 2009
Zinvince said:
Balsa - "Chagum" - Tanda, holding hands

I was thinking Mary, Jesus and Joseph, respectively. LOL err... sorry for the Christian reference. XD

merle_noir said:
Tanda is clever as always - having already noticed what La Lunga was REALLY avoiding and acting on his observations already...

I observed that the La Lunga was not necessarily avoiding the sig salua flowers themselves, but I think Tanda surmised from his own observation how it makes the La Lunga manifest physically in Sagu. I remembered the same flower was in the wine that enabled Saya's soul to get out of her body and at the same time, it sent Tanda's soul back to his own body in episode 11. It may just have that property that allows beings in Sagu and Nayug to access or at least sense the other world on their side. I could be wrong but we'll see in the next episode what Tanda will do with it.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 9, 2012 1:53 PM

Aug 2010
That rider better get there fast
Aug 18, 2012 11:25 AM

Jul 2011
Mine said marry. But they might have the tradition that newly weds spend their first night together, so Chagum might be talking about that? I mean, this is Chagum that is saying this!

BalsaxTanda. :D

And what's going to happen??

Oh and I'm not sure if I'm the only one that noticed, but during every intermission, it seems to show the egg inside of Chagum developing. It was mostly just a blue orb in the beginning, but now it has an embryo or fetus in it.

Edit: 2016 watch.
CHAGUM <3 He ships Tanda x Balsa too! I really liked Tanda's speech though, about his passion. I wish we saw more about their childhood to support that statement.

Tanda picking up the flowers seems important, we'll see how this plays out.
MirorinJan 23, 2016 8:18 PM
Sep 18, 2012 5:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The second half was genuinely scary, even when there were thousands of armed men at their disposal. Good stuff.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 19, 2012 2:24 PM

Nov 2011
Shit's going down there at the rivers. I hope they can make it through.
Jan 25, 2013 1:16 PM

Mar 2012
MM-Rosiie said:

Oh and I'm not sure if I'm the only one that noticed, but during every intermission, it seems to show the egg inside of Chagum developing. It was mostly just a blue orb in the beginning, but now it has an embryo or fetus in it.

You weren't the only one. I've noticed it at times too. You can even hear whatever lifeform was in it.
Jun 27, 2013 1:02 PM

Sep 2009
asdfghjkl.... going to watch 24 now :X
Jun 29, 2013 6:24 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Chagum talking to Tanda about Balsa was cute. Him holding Balsa and Tanda's hands was even cuter. Although I'm sure he enjoyed palace life, he could never be like this with both of his parents. And he sure grew bigger :) but still a little boy. Nice ponytail too.

I'm glad they're all working together to save Chagum. Too bad when the time comes, the soldiers are pretty much next to useless. It also sucks that the most important tablets are the ones deepest down, so basically the last tablets are the ones that pertain most to saving Chagum/about the Rarunga, etc.
Feb 16, 2014 6:30 AM

Nov 2009
Of course as soon as it was mentioned that there were a few tablets left to decipher that it would turn out those tablets are actually crucial to the situation. I wonder what exactly is going on though.
Jan 16, 2015 2:41 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, really intense.
Feb 16, 2015 6:19 AM
Aug 2014
Why would you keep the most important information furthest away? Why was Chagum drawn there if it wasn't the land of feasting?
Feb 19, 2015 6:08 PM

Jul 2013
Crimsonwill said:
Super intense episode, so much happening and the fact that they didn't get all the tablets and something went wrong only acts to increase suspense. Atmosphere is great right now.
Agreed.
Mar 21, 2015 12:08 AM

Nov 2013
Holy shit this was intense.

That soundtrack during the last few scenes was god-tier.

Oh shit. They didn't missed some important info because Shuga didn't read all of the tablets in time. That rider better make it there quick.

That was pretty short-sighted of their ancestors to put all of the important tablets at the very bottom of the chambers.

So they are not at the Land of the Feasting. I wonder why the water spirit is responding?

Seeing Chagum grow is so satisfying. When you compare him to how he was at the beginning, it makes you realize how good the character development in this anime is.

Powerful episode. Definitely on par with episode 3 in terms of epicness.

9.5/10
FunnyRatmanMar 21, 2015 12:12 AM

Apr 29, 2015 6:15 PM

Nov 2010
I was flopping all over my bed with excitement watching this xD
May 12, 2015 6:17 PM

Jul 2013
Chagum the matchmaker. When I first read the synopsis I certainly didn't think that I would like the kid so much. Also this episode once again made me appreciate the show and its worldbuilding more. The flowers starting to bloom, the bears waking up, Chagum who has actually grown, all that stuff just makes the world feel so much more alive. Oh and lets not forget the fire festival coming back with an extra forgotten meaning and the flowers again (probably) having some connection with the other world. Stuff that felt like minor stuff at first are actually important. Is the bird coming back too?

Anyway exciting ending. I hope Balsa's dream isn't a bad omen, I want her to have a happy end. Those archers certainly are a bad sign though.
Sep 28, 2015 1:11 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty intense episode, loved the creepy soundtrack as well.
Jan 2, 2016 6:33 PM
Jun 2013
I'm going to assume Chagum was possessed by the water spirit. Otherwise I'm gonna be mad because it was so irrational and insensible for him to just ignore Balsa while she's asking what's going on. Then again, he's lowkey been doing the whole ignore people and keep walking thing.

But things are really beginning to wrap up.
Mar 10, 2016 11:51 AM

Mar 2010
Excitement level over 9000. Oh my god, this show is so intense!

I also love how Chagum has matured. I swear, if he ends up dying, I'm going to bawl my eyes out.
May 8, 2017 5:30 AM

Oct 2012
Sharpshooter? All along on the return path?
Uh-oh

It's almost the time of finale!
I hope things won't turned into Berserk thingy :P
Rayl1ghtMay 8, 2017 5:44 AM
"Signature removed"
Jun 18, 2017 5:12 PM

Nov 2013
This anime is so good, I don't want it to end! Balsa's backstory was very touching and some of the best writing I have ever seen in anime. I am curious as to how Balsa and Chagum's relationship will change within these last few episodes. Hopefully no one dies.
Aug 8, 2018 6:24 AM

Dec 2015
What the hell is going on...? I am so lost.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 27, 2018 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
Oh my god, things are about to go down, I mean, it's already happening!!!

First I'm glad that listening about Jiguro has given Chagum strength to face this ordeal. He's a good boy, and he wants to leave something behind, and that's why he tried to help Tanda with his relationship with Balsa, and this is nice of him.

But I can't believe that even after all that she has done for for Chagum, his father, the Emperor, still wants Balsa dead and plans to ambush her with arrows, this is really low and inexcusable, but since things are already out of their hands, I guess this little ambush will fail. But that spirit certainly is something, and it's really cool that the hunters are in fact the descendants of the eight warriors! And it seems it's time for Tanda to shine, I have no idea what he's about to do, but I'm worried, and excited!
Sep 18, 2019 9:23 AM

May 2015
I knew it. chagum is new jesus.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 22, 2021 10:36 AM

Jul 2017
Another amazing episode and its an episode that truly has showcased how much Chagum has grown over time with his training with Balsa, and mental/physical preparations for the task at hand at spring where the egg will wake up. He looks more like a grown man now in comparison to before, even getting new clothing from Torogai in the process while having Balsa hand over a short sword to him in honor of how much he's trained and matured as a person and a warrior, like how Jiguro handed her a spear after she grew up too.

Chagum really does give off prince vibes with the new mindset, while still loving and appreciating the people around him who take care of him all the time. He even banters around with Tanda, asking her why he hasn't married her yet and despite the melancholy surrounding his future and a part of him even accepting that he may die, he takes Balsa's and Tanda's hand and holds them while walking together while smiling as in his head, he thanks them for everything they have done to save his life, no matter how his future turns out to be. Pretty powerful shit right there. Balsa and Tanda have had a complicated relationship in the past so Chagum wants them to be together through all of this, even if their feelings might be in weird places when it comes to being a couple. But then again, Balsa's had her own dreams too and is also maturing at her own pace too as Torogai notices how much of a motherly gaze Balsa's gained throughout her time being with Chagum.

Shuga's also prepared a ton throughout the time where he and everyone else at the palace were too busy studying the remaining epitaphs and documents from the past, to see if they can acquire a lot more information on how to help Chagum give birth to the water spirit while helping him with retaining his life in the process by protecting him from La Lunga from ripping him apart. But even then while he did learn a lot of information, he failed to read some of the epitaphs and in this case, it's been costly for him as mistakes are still made and Chagum and the others are now in danger because of it. The scene in general with Chagum running across water, protecting Balsa in the bubble as the claws were trying to attack them were all really well done and the intensity was bubbling through as well throughout.

Whatever happens for the final part of the show, the journey so far has been an emotional rollercoaster of all forms, and has been such a treat to follow. I've never felt more attached to a show word by word, scene by scene than this show where each scene feels powerful or impactful in its own right, and the culmination of those emotions are going to boil over here now.
May 3, 2021 3:33 PM
Jan 2020
getting naruto vibe
Feb 7, 2023 2:09 AM

Sep 2016
So, Chagum is actually Jesus?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

windborn - Jul 1, 2007

54 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 15 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 24, 2007

46 by WIIXAnd »»
Feb 26, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 12 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jun 30, 2007

45 by Safrichh »»
Feb 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mild_even - Jun 18, 2007

55 by Safrichh »»
Jan 6, 7:54 PM

» Why does balsa leave for kambal in the end (her hometown)

Kitsune_089 - Dec 13, 2023

9 by KitsuFrost »»
Jan 5, 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.