MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Seirei no Moribito Episode 23 Discussion

Poll: Seirei no Moribito Episode 23 Discussion

09-24-07, 6:20 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow what an intense end. This show keeps getting better and better. I loved it when Chagum said "why dont you just sleep with her?" to Tanda. I just cracked up so hard. I can't wait to see Tanda in action next episode. Looking forward to it.

09-24-07, 10:24 PM

Holy, I cant really describe how I love this episode. It was all calm and funny in the first half then 2nd half turns to be really damn intense! I also cracked up hard when Chagum said that to Tanda, he's so bold! Also I love how Chagum's eyes becomes kinda cool at the end.
Next episode we get to see Tanda in action, really looking forward to it!

09-24-07, 10:47 PM

Excellent episode. I love the twist where the Star Diviners realize that the Place of Celebration is not Blue Lake. Meanwhile, everyone is trying to protect Chagum from La Lunga, who becomes possessed and runs off.

Also, I love it how Chagum tells Tanda to just sleep with Balsa. Funny as hell for a 12 year old to tell a grown man that... although Chagum is considered a young man now.

09-25-07, 10:28 AM

Wow... Chagum just rocked this episode.
Faust721 said:
I loved it when Chagum said "why dont you just sleep with her?" to Tanda. I just cracked up so hard. I
QFT! lol... I couldn't contain my laugher. That scene was just awesome. Same goes for the scene when he grabs both Balsa's and Tanda's hands. And apart from his character development I also like how his physical appearance changed. The new outfit looks great as well.

It was a great introductory episode for the conclusion. I'm getting hyped about the ending now. Can't wait to see it.

09-25-07, 12:41 PM

Kayrhandros said:
Wow... Chagum just rocked this episode.
Faust721 said:
I loved it when Chagum said "why dont you just sleep with her?" to Tanda. I just cracked up so hard. I
QFT! lol... I couldn't contain my laugher. That scene was just awesome.

^^ :3

so we are near the grand finale :S how sad... i really loved every episode of this show.
some awesome nature animation in this episode again, the blue lake was sooo beautiful :S wish i was there

09-25-07, 1:59 PM

Wow, finally some significant plot advance.

09-26-07, 2:50 AM

LOVED the episode =O

09-26-07, 11:43 AM

No comments. Chagum made me laugh hard. Simply amazing the Episode.

09-26-07, 1:25 PM

Great episode!!!

09-26-07, 1:39 PM

Really awesome show! This episode was especially so because they had in that little bit of comedy that didn't feel out of place but made you chuckle really hard.

01-15-09, 1:57 AM

Intense ending, the claws were scary as hell.

03-28-09, 9:13 PM

Cool-ish episode but:

You can tell the creators of this show have never played Pokemon. That or they're super-geniuses who modeled their characters around retards from the past who haven't figured: lightning > water > fire > grass > I forget (I think rock/earth). I mean seriously that shaman person who's like a genius is all like *gasp* "I wonder why I didn't think fire beats earth!" Because it fucking doesn't. God.

04-07-09, 5:04 PM

In time like this you wish they have a plane or something.

06-22-09, 5:52 AM

Super intense episode, so much happening and the fact that they didn't get all the tablets and something went wrong only acts to increase suspense. Atmosphere is great right now.

08-07-09, 5:36 AM

Intense episode.

03-30-10, 2:55 AM

wow... loved it.

Chagum's appearance has changed so much since he was just the little prince. :P The new clothing and hair is a huge improvement over his princely look, but I really preferred the shorter hair.

Stupid Star Readers fail AGAIN. *sigh* This is all because Shuga didn't continue his duties when they first sent him down in the hole.

So where is the true land of Feasting? And those flowers give you the ability to cross back and forth from Sagu to Nayug, right? So that's why the Rarunga is able to rip someone apart? It seems nearly invisible and intangible until it came in contact with the flowers. Now I just wonder if Balsa and Tanda can make use of that ability to protect Chagum.

Ha! I knew my suspicions about the Warrior 8 would be confirmed! >:D Those pictures of the first mikado and his warriors were way too similar to the current mikado's assassins. They had to be the descendants.

About the bit of humor - I want to know what Chagum really said... you guys are saying that he asked Tanda "why don't you just sleep with her" but is that accurate or was it a poor translation on the fansubber's part? Because the official subtitles say "Why don't you just marry her?" which is COMPLETELY different. One is really funny and out of character and the other is just Chagum being his usual straightforward self. He's always been too proper to say something like the fansubber's version. At least, that's my opinion.

And while Tanda might think they've grown too far apart to be together, but Balsa's definitely thinking about it. ^_^ Her talk with Torogai made me go "aww" since her dreams were almost certainly about Tanda and Chagum. >:] She should have a happy family!

One volume left - I hope that all ends well.

06-11-10, 11:46 PM

Shit just got real!

I loled at Chagum's quip to Tanda about just sleeping with Balsa already

I don't get why the warriors were surprised about not being able to fight Balsa. Like did they not get everything was pretty much on the same page at this point? Guess they had grudges from when Balsa beat them before. Didn't expect the whole descendant thing though

Tanda noticed the Beast avoiding the flowers I believe. Chagum also ate one. Maybe this will play out later on.

I enjoyed the medieval flamethrowers pretty neat.

07-06-10, 3:38 AM

Those archers hidden bug me, the bastard of emperor sure plotted something again...

07-15-10, 9:41 AM

Those don't look like claws >.< more like crab legs.
I wonder whats on those tablets that's so important.
Sent with Mal Updater

08-03-10, 6:40 AM

I was expecting Chagum to use a spear, so it would look really cool as the Spear implied to Jiguro's life

Balsa - "Chagum" - Tanda, holding hands

the Place of Celebration scene

Actually the tablet is very important - just think of the word HISTORY, no need for further info about it
Modified by Zinvince, 08-03-10, 6:44 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

09-04-10, 10:17 PM

Am I the only one who is curious about Madam Torogai's children?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

09-06-10, 12:14 PM

Fionartan said:

About the bit of humor - I want to know what Chagum really said... you guys are saying that he asked Tanda "why don't you just sleep with her" but is that accurate or was it a poor translation on the fansubber's part? Because the official subtitles say "Why don't you just marry her?" which is COMPLETELY different. One is really funny and out of character and the other is just Chagum being his usual straightforward self. He's always been too proper to say something like the fansubber's version. At least, that's my opinion.

Actually, the subs for "Why don't you just sleep with her?" are spot on. But he literally says "sleep", as in... sleep beside or in the same bed, he didn't actually imply going further. But, literally, that is what he said. XD

Ahem. EXCELLENT episode. SO many good things about it that it's hard to remember all of them... Still loving Tanda, and he is right about his relationship with Balsa - his love was probably all passionate at one point, but since he's so used to being around Balsa, his feelings calmed a bit... Still, I hope they end up together. It's sort of rare that you see a more "mature" romantic relationship in an anime (at least, I think so).

The star diviners messed up again. D< But it added more awesome tension to the story...

I also really like how Chagum turned out - taller, stronger, less childish facial features (though he's always had more mature facial expressions than other kids in the series). His new clothes suit him... Oh and yes! His eyes were awesome at the end! I like how they look that way. :P

Tanda is clever as always - having already noticed what La Lunga was REALLY avoiding and acting on his observations already... So many great characters - he's just one of them. :D Anyway I'm really liking how the "climax" is playing out! The atmosphere is perfect! Can't wait to watch the next episode~

11-05-10, 2:45 AM

I can't believe how excited I am to watch the next episode, I mean, this is my second run...

Chagum's growth was really notable. Just love him, best kid ever indeed. Animation was just too superb. CG-ed army, reflection in the water.. Pacing was awesome. Very fitting soundtrack.

Not only romance, the whole thing in this series is very maturely made. Very enjoyable. I'm wondering about the details of Balsa's dream, though :)

Confucius said:
Am I the only one who is curious about Madam Torogai's children?

No.

02-21-11, 8:53 AM

Fionartan said:

I was just wondering about that, because my subs said 'marry' o.O And then I came here, and what you people said made me rewatch the scene because I thought I had missed something.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)

03-16-11, 10:59 AM

Zinvince said:
Balsa - "Chagum" - Tanda, holding hands

I was thinking Mary, Jesus and Joseph, respectively. LOL err... sorry for the Christian reference. XD

merle_noir said:
Tanda is clever as always - having already noticed what La Lunga was REALLY avoiding and acting on his observations already...

I observed that the La Lunga was not necessarily avoiding the sig salua flowers themselves, but I think Tanda surmised from his own observation how it makes the La Lunga manifest physically in Sagu. I remembered the same flower was in the wine that enabled Saya's soul to get out of her body and at the same time, it sent Tanda's soul back to his own body in episode 11. It may just have that property that allows beings in Sagu and Nayug to access or at least sense the other world on their side. I could be wrong but we'll see in the next episode what Tanda will do with it.
One stormy night...

03-09-12, 1:53 PM

That rider better get there fast

08-18-12, 11:25 AM

Mine said marry. But they might have the tradition that newly weds spend their first night together, so Chagum might be talking about that? I mean, this is Chagum that is saying this!

BalsaxTanda. :D

And what's going to happen??

Oh and I'm not sure if I'm the only one that noticed, but during every intermission, it seems to show the egg inside of Chagum developing. It was mostly just a blue orb in the beginning, but now it has an embryo or fetus in it.
Modified by Mirorin, 08-18-12, 11:38 AM

09-18-12, 5:12 AM

The second half was genuinely scary, even when there were thousands of armed men at their disposal. Good stuff.
“If it were a third-rate TV anime, a dead protagonist can come back to life at the producers’ convenience. But the world we live in is not such a convenient place. Lost lives will never return. Because of it, we live in a world where a life is an irreplaceable existence.”

10-19-12, 2:24 PM
News Moderator
Shit's going down there at the rivers. I hope they can make it through.

01-25-13, 1:16 PM

MM-Rosiie said:

Oh and I'm not sure if I'm the only one that noticed, but during every intermission, it seems to show the egg inside of Chagum developing. It was mostly just a blue orb in the beginning, but now it has an embryo or fetus in it.

You weren't the only one. I've noticed it at times too. You can even hear whatever lifeform was in it.

06-27-13, 1:02 PM

asdfghjkl.... going to watch 24 now :X

06-29-13, 6:24 PM

Chagum talking to Tanda about Balsa was cute. Him holding Balsa and Tanda's hands was even cuter. Although I'm sure he enjoyed palace life, he could never be like this with both of his parents. And he sure grew bigger :) but still a little boy. Nice ponytail too.

I'm glad they're all working together to save Chagum. Too bad when the time comes, the soldiers are pretty much next to useless. It also sucks that the most important tablets are the ones deepest down, so basically the last tablets are the ones that pertain most to saving Chagum/about the Rarunga, etc.

02-16-14, 6:30 AM

Of course as soon as it was mentioned that there were a few tablets left to decipher that it would turn out those tablets are actually crucial to the situation. I wonder what exactly is going on though.

01-16-15, 2:41 PM

Great episode, really intense.

02-16-15, 6:19 AM

Why would you keep the most important information furthest away? Why was Chagum drawn there if it wasn't the land of feasting?

02-19-15, 6:08 PM

Crimsonwill said:
Super intense episode, so much happening and the fact that they didn't get all the tablets and something went wrong only acts to increase suspense. Atmosphere is great right now.
Agreed.

03-21-15, 12:08 AM

Holy shit this was intense.

That soundtrack during the last few scenes was god-tier.

Oh shit. They didn't missed some important info because Shuga didn't read all of the tablets in time. That rider better make it there quick.

That was pretty short-sighted of their ancestors to put all of the important tablets at the very bottom of the chambers.

So they are not at the Land of the Feasting. I wonder why the water spirit is responding?

Seeing Chagum grow is so satisfying. When you compare him to how he was at the beginning, it makes you realize how good the character development in this anime is.

Powerful episode. Definitely on par with episode 3 in terms of epicness.

9.5/10
Modified by DissonantSoul, 03-21-15, 12:12 AM
Nothing to see here.

04-29-15, 6:15 PM

I was flopping all over my bed with excitement watching this xD