Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2012 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

More revelation of some of Nagi's past and tragedies. Ruka also gets some highlights and that's a good thing because she's one of my favorites from the series.

Katsura's also pretty funny this episode imo. Shit's about to go down next time.

Nice jewelry:
Dec 12, 2012 12:17 PM

Aug 2010
Wow that was actually pretty good.
I didn't expect the Kurotsubaki to be able to do that.
And that person turned out to be her father was a nice surprise for me.

Good to know he didn't betray Yukariko...but why the hell did he look like Hayate?
Dec 12, 2012 12:19 PM

Oct 2012
that was awesome! Hayate does resembles Nagi's father! Yes its a good thing he didn't really betray his wife.

1 more episode! i want more xD *just hoping*
Dec 12, 2012 1:02 PM

Nov 2007
KhanhCPham said:
One more episode and I hope to see Isumi's full power. Hina going bad ass while everyone not knowing dangerous things are happening. Sounds like a famous arc in the manga right?

The serious arcs of Hayate can be pretty damn good after all. I always had faith that at the very least Hata would be able to make a good story for this season. While his comedy is imo no longer as strong as it used to be (manga being the proof) at least we know his more serious stories are still well made.

The shortcomings of this season were mostly on the early episodes where the comedy fell flat, the animation was inconsistent, and the directing was poor. But ever since it finally started advancing the plot in the second half most of those aspects were fixed (except the comedy) and I have genuinely started to like this season.

This episode was awesome btw, I knew Hayate and Shin had switched spots and im glad Dolly wasnt who I thought it was. Man why couldn't things be like this from the get go? I would have most likely liked this season just as much as the others if that was the case. 5/5 episode.

PS: I dont care if it doesnt fit the story manglobe, but can we at least see Athena ONCE in the finale next week? Please?
Dec 12, 2012 1:22 PM

May 2011
So we found out the secret of Black Camelia there.

Time for showdown!
Dec 12, 2012 1:26 PM
Mar 2012
well- that was interesting to say the least. Happy that it'll end on a good note despite all the negatives it had in the previous 9episodes
Dec 12, 2012 2:40 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode. It was a good twist about the Black Camellia. Just thought that it was sweet how Shin actually loved Yukariko. Even though he was forced into the marriage, he actually returned her affections and was so awesome when he asked Dolly to return his sign of "eternal love". Dolly's transformation seemed to be a final boss battle kind of thing. Pretty good, since it's like a gag parody, like the manga was supposed to be. Too bad that Ruka didn't get much of a role in the series... At least we get to hear "Bokura, Kakeyuku Sora e" once more. I also noticed that Izumi didn't show any signs of blushing or flustered when Hanabishi and Risa talked about how Izumi would bother Hayate. Guess this isn't canon after all! Even though it did show the Violet Mansion and Katsura, they never showed signs of Izumi liking Hayate. Too bad it's ending next week... I at least wanted to see Athena once. Hope she appears in the end!
Dec 12, 2012 4:53 PM

Nov 2007
Everyone shows up to help out to find Hayate. Kurotsubaki's secret, wow... So it's during Halloween.

The rings are the key, and Ruka involved for helping out. Hayate was weird because of Nagi's father in Kurotsubaki. The memory had two rings that gave by the grandpa. And the monster woman was the one who did the transfer of the king who made Kurotsubaki (wow, she's old).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 12, 2012 5:22 PM

Feb 2012
So... they'll store Shin in the Black Camellia again after all this mess? Last ep next week~
Dec 12, 2012 5:52 PM

Apr 2011
It was OK.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Dec 12, 2012 9:32 PM

Jun 2012
what a twist

i did kinda suspect that hayate was nagi's father though but i didn't know how.
but at least he wasn't all bad he was trying to get the ring back but died doing it.

one more episode, i like that they gave hayate a story plot this time around instead of random episodes not that i didn't like the random episodes but nice to see a plot hope there will be another season.
Dec 13, 2012 12:04 AM

Jan 2011
BULLDOG266 said:
It was OK.
Dec 13, 2012 2:06 AM

Sep 2011
Just as I expected, Nagi's father really looks like Hayate.

Dec 13, 2012 3:46 AM

May 2008
This is amazing , probably the best part of any anime this season, but with such a bad start its kind of sad many people wont be able to see this amazing part of the anime dropping it so early.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 13, 2012 8:15 AM

Aug 2012
This series got so much better, the moment they arrived in Las Vegas.
Before that, I would have rated it a 6 at best, now it's nearly at an 8
.................................................................................
Dec 13, 2012 9:19 AM

Oct 2012
Amazing episode indeed, the previous was great and this has been really excellent, too bad that even in some episodes great in comedy like as the four and the five the serie was starting to be to much overstretched, but I'm glad that the men called Hata who have made one of my favorites mangas has demonstrate once again his "magic" once again, and for another part I was afraid that perhaps Dolly was Yukariko, but even so I personally not discard that posibility until the end, after all then it will explain why Tsugumi is the sister of Nagi and Dolly his mother like she and Shidou say it.

Otherwise, I have the feeling that the fact of the stuff related to the Kurotsubaki that his hands are the only that mark both in eight o'clock will something important to be related to the history, and I hope Athena will finally show up in the following episode, after all the first time that we read for the the name Kurotsubaki was thanks to her, for not to say that the own Hayate mencionated in the episode eight that he listened that the Kurotsubaki was the name of a sword of course referring to her, and Athena is my favorite character of the serie so nothing will make me more happy that it will show animated (even if it with the design of Manglobe) once and for all.
Dec 13, 2012 10:29 AM

May 2011
This episode has actually changed my opinion of the series overall. While I'm still not entirely impressed with this season in general, I do like how much it is improving now. The only episode so far where I haven't been bored out of my mind.
Dec 13, 2012 12:24 PM

Apr 2012
kenshin_sama said:
This episode has actually changed my opinion of the series overall. While I'm still not entirely impressed with this season in general, I do like how much it is improving now. The only episode so far where I haven't been bored out of my mind.

I wouldn't go as far saying I changed my mind for the whole series but yeah I agree to the other stuff.
Didn't know Hayate can be this good.
Dec 13, 2012 12:29 PM

Jan 2010
Lol, I love nagi's dad dissatisfied face when Nagi explain everything.
Now I am wondering when it's over they are going to put him back in the clock?
Maybe he will died in the process? saving his daughter?
Next is the last one I guess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2012 6:18 PM

Mar 2011
Good to see we are actually going somewhere! They still ruined Hina for me

I still think this series will be remember as a flop though.. since there was more bad moments than good
Dec 13, 2012 7:07 PM

Jan 2008
So Shin had... blue hair too...? So where does Nagi's blonde hair come from?
Dec 13, 2012 7:11 PM
Oct 2012
Paul said:

Both had blonde recessive genes. And if you remember your genetics: recessive + recessive = dominant.
Dec 13, 2012 7:12 PM

Jan 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
Paul said:

Both had blonde recessive genes. And if you remember your genetics: recessive + recessive = dominant.

But how do we know that they had blondes in the family tree?! HOW DO WE KNOW THATTT!!!??!?

Though strangely, no one else hair color in this anime bugs me, especially Hina's pink hair vs her sisters green.
Dec 13, 2012 7:15 PM
Oct 2012
Paul said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Paul said:

But how do we know that! HOW DO WE KNOW THATTT!!!??!?

Though strangely, no one else hair color in this anime bugs me, especially Hina's pink hair vs her sisters green.

It was all in the "Science of Hayate" ova that they had on the BD of Volume 2 of the second season. They also explained how Hayate can jump so high and why Isumi is so damn cool (because she just is).
Dec 13, 2012 8:02 PM

Jan 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
Paul said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Paul said:

But how do we know that! HOW DO WE KNOW THATTT!!!??!?

It was all in the "Science of Hayate" ova that they had on the BD of Volume 2 of the second season. They also explained how Hayate can jump so high and why Isumi is so damn cool (because she just is).

Oh, I'll have to find that later, thanks for the info.
Dec 14, 2012 12:03 AM

May 2011
Wow, nice story episode. I'll admit I miss the SOL parody aspects of HnG but this story is pretty interesting.
Dec 14, 2012 6:07 AM

Jan 2008
Well , Hayate finally switching to a more serious story ? I actually thought this ep was decent .I feel sorry for those that dropped this season of Hayate because of the first half . I knew Hata-sensei is really good that's why I continued and it showed us that it was worth it .

And as everyone predicted , Shin Hayek is indeed currently inside Hayate .And this episode showed how genius Nagi really is .She was able to solve the mystery with just those very little clues given which is actually quite impossible .And it took me for awhile to get this info processed in my head . So what happened 13 years ago in that car accident was
King's soul is currently inside the clock --> Shin accidentally touched it and moved it in a way that it actually turned into a puzzle and solved it ? (lol) --> Kurotsubaki turned into a sword in a split second --> Then all bad luck let loose --> Collision with truck --> And at the same time Shin was stabbed by the kurotsubaki which currently holds the King's soul --> Exchanged souls --> The King died inside Shin's body because of the switch and of course because of the accident --> Shin was transferred inside the Kurotsubaki and well , he actually lived .

And the best part of this episode was at first this

Then this

Totally made this episode worth it . Another theory of mine was again proved .Shin is somewhat related to Hayate .Not just somewhat but directly related to Hayate .He looked so badass , and that butler suit made it all the better .

But I really thought that Shin would be more surprised that the blonde girl she left back then in the middle of nowhere was his daughter .He could had said , "wow , I didnt know that you were Nagi , Im sorry ..." . But instead he took it all without even batting an eyelid , seriously . And he should had at least noticed that the body he currently is in looks somewhat familiar to himself . But still he wasnt surprised/curious , dammit .

And as I expected , again , was that Ruka's concert will be the center stage of this anime .And it's really nice to see my best female in this series,Ruka (well , tied with Hina and A-tan I guess) to be showed beautifully even with Manglobe's art . lol .

Next episode is the last , and im still hoping for an A-tan cameo or something by the end to make this season of Hayate worth it .

Oh , and seems like Miki Hanabishi is still on crack . lol . They really didnt inked the part surrounding the pupil white . oh well .
archer_shirou01Dec 14, 2012 6:14 AM
Dec 14, 2012 7:31 AM

Sep 2011
Gosh, I love this series... I hope that they continue!
Dec 16, 2012 3:15 AM

Sep 2010
Well what do you know, Ruka gets (slightly) more than a few seconds of screentime outside of the ED.
Wonder if A-tan will get a 0.5-second cameo next episode (even that's probably wishful thinking though).
Dec 16, 2012 8:38 AM

Oct 2009
surprisely interesting ^^;

It's time for the final round right now !

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Dec 23, 2012 5:41 AM

Aug 2011
Actually a really good episode. Lots of revalations, it was kinda sad seeing Shin's past. Glad to see Ruka getting more attention too.
Dec 28, 2012 11:33 AM

May 2012
Oh boy that was an amazing episode, explains allot like the behavior from Hayate and why the clock was that important, was nice that Nagi managed to figure out everything on her own! Really nice episode and even the ED girl played a part in this all!

Lets see what the last episode has to offer!
Jan 1, 2013 6:44 PM

Jan 2012
should have been rena for Dolly's seiyuu.
USESODA!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 8, 2013 11:23 AM

Jan 2011
The story was really good in this episode, but I think it could've been executed way better than this. Manglobe wants to make this happen, but they're just focusing on the wrong things imo.
Next episode will be the last one, it feels strange having such a different, serious Hayate series.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 26, 2023 12:12 PM

Nov 2010
Damn, they used an SR-71 Blackbird to deliver something. I wish my deliveries could be handled in the same way as well.
That was a good twist! So, the story about that Nymph and the Prince was true all along.
I wish I could get my hand on that thing. I would love to switch bodies to become immortal!

However, how come it brings bad luck to whoever holds it? Is it because of the many souls killed just so one person can be immortal? That makes sense, I guess.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

90 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2012

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 10:53 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2012

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2012

27 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 8:22 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2012

46 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.