Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 12, 2012 4:06 AM

Dec 2012
is there an anime with actual romance not just charcters having feelings for each other but never confess or anything and it ends in a vague romantic comedy ending.
i know that shoujo has real romance but i can't stand the artstyle at all or Clannd art style (big anime eyes)
help plz!!11
Dec 12, 2012 4:16 AM

Sep 2012
real romance that isn't a shoujo?

Impossibru.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Dec 12, 2012 4:44 AM

Jul 2007
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
I''s Pure
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Nana
Romeo x Juliet
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho

hope you find something
Dec 12, 2012 4:45 AM

Nov 2012
Try REC- Its short and sweet. You can continue after the anime with the manga too. One of my favourite romances.
Dec 12, 2012 4:47 AM

May 2009
Shiveron said:
real romance that isn't a shoujo?

Impossibru.

think again
Dec 12, 2012 4:52 AM

Aug 2009
Ocean Wave?

Dec 12, 2012 8:17 AM

Apr 2009
Victorian Romance Emma - josei
NANA - josei
Millennium Actress - any
Gosick - shounen
Toradora! - shounen
Otome Youkai Zakuro - seinen
Inu x Boku SS - shounen
Dec 12, 2012 10:34 AM
Feb 2012
Sukitte Ii na yo.
Dec 12, 2012 10:39 AM

Jan 2008
Toradora - One of the best romance animes made in the past decade
Shuffle -
True Tears
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Koi Kaze - One of the best controversial romance animes

Dec 12, 2012 10:45 AM

Apr 2011
Kemonozume
Kaiba
Cardcaptor Sakura
Seconding Koi Kaze
There's also the Ef franchise
Dec 12, 2012 11:41 AM

Nov 2009
someone who can't stand both shoujo's art style and Clannad's artstyle ... there is something you don't see every day... Anyways try:

- Chobits (an ok seinen romance, the art might be a little older however not too old, this series has sort of a sci-fi twist to it but other than that a rather straightforward romance)
- Eureka Seven (The romance is a subplot but has a rather nice romantic subplot, good series with a nice fantasy feel to it although it is actually a mecha, which btw I hate mecha however enjoyed this series)
- Kaze no Stigma (another series with a conclusive romantic subplot, is a little bit less developed than in Eureka Seven however doesn't have an open ending in terms of the romance, an interesting supernatural action series)
- Lamune (my third favorite shounen romance anime after Toradora! and Clannad, was a pretty nice and straightforward romance series, where romance is the main focus and definitely not a romantic comedy type of romance where nothing happens)
- Myself ; Yourself (honestly didn't even remember watching this series until earlier this year when I decided to watch it and went "wait a second... I've seen this before", so that can't be too good, however it is a simple romance with drama, again not the romantic comedy type)
- Nodame Cantabile (a Josei so might wanna look at the art and judge for yourself, however as a rule of thumb you should never stereotype a Josei/Seinen type of art style since these two genres usually have very unique art styles from piece to piece, isn't as predictable as Shoujo/Shounen, the series itself is more of a romantic comedy and isn't really much of a romance until the last third of the first season, having said that their are 2 other season afterwards, should note that the female MC in this series is one of my favorite characters, loved her personality)
- Onegai Teacher (Made by the same person that made Ano Natsu de Matteru, produced by the same anime production company and the plot is pretty much the same with an alien girl from outer space ... So, if you liked one you will most likely like the other, imo Onegai Teacher is better, their is more development, better character interaction and just more in depth over all)
- Seto no Hanayome (personally didn't like however since everyone's tastes differ thought I should toss it in, a romantic comedy, I believe their is some development in terms of the romance, some people love this series which prompted me to consider recommending it since you may or may not love it)
- Suzuka (dramatic romance anime, heard the manga is alot better however the anime was pretty good, definitely a romance with alot of drama mixed in, if you like that then this might be a good series for you)
- True Tears (True Tears is another very dramatic romance series (for a shounen atleast) similar to Suzuka, I didn't like it too much because of the girl he ends up w/ (sorry if this is a spoiler) however since it is a love triangle think that shouldn't give too much away, but yeah another dramatic romance series without an open ending)

Shounen and Seinen romance (for the most part) is usually about the chase or in the case of shounen also often just a harem with an open ending... If you want "a real romance" you really do need to look at shoujo (depending on what you mean by a real romance), if what you want is a faster developing relationship as well as things like hugging, kissing or even sexual references you are better off looking at shoujo or Josei... It's kind of like if I were to ask "I want a good mainstream battle manga that is a shoujo" ... Obviously each demographic is known for certain genre's and Shounen are definitely not known for their romance. Though anime in general is a semi-lousy medium for romance stories, my top 10 romance are probably all manga.

I would just like to say if your ideal romance is one where the male is not a shy mofo who is indecisive or can never speak his mind, as well as a faster moving relationship (they start going out in the first half of the series), a more physical relationship (holding hands isn't the end of the world, kissing is a common occurrence or even references to sex) then you should really look at shoujo manga... If you don't like the style I have a few I could rec that are more similar to shounen (both in art and atmosphere), as well as some Josei that have (atleast in my opinion) a more appealing art style. The primary difference between the two is that in shounen everything is "rounder" and more "smooth" while in Shoujo everything is more stretched vertically and sharper... So yeah I have a few with a more shounen art style as well as a more shounen atmosphere, and also are good reads... Just lemme know if you are interested.
Dec 12, 2012 2:49 PM
Nov 2012
Green Green the only romance i've seen :p
Dec 12, 2012 2:56 PM

Sep 2012
School days, don't look it up just watch it.
Dec 13, 2012 11:17 AM

Dec 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
someone who can't stand both shoujo's art style and Clannad's artstyle ... there is something you don't see every day... Anyways try:

- Chobits (an ok seinen romance, the art might be a little older however not too old, this series has sort of a sci-fi twist to it but other than that a rather straightforward romance)
- Eureka Seven (The romance is a subplot but has a rather nice romantic subplot, good series with a nice fantasy feel to it although it is actually a mecha, which btw I hate mecha however enjoyed this series)
- Kaze no Stigma (another series with a conclusive romantic subplot, is a little bit less developed than in Eureka Seven however doesn't have an open ending in terms of the romance, an interesting supernatural action series)
- Lamune (my third favorite shounen romance anime after Toradora! and Clannad, was a pretty nice and straightforward romance series, where romance is the main focus and definitely not a romantic comedy type of romance where nothing happens)
- Myself ; Yourself (honestly didn't even remember watching this series until earlier this year when I decided to watch it and went "wait a second... I've seen this before", so that can't be too good, however it is a simple romance with drama, again not the romantic comedy type)
- Nodame Cantabile (a Josei so might wanna look at the art and judge for yourself, however as a rule of thumb you should never stereotype a Josei/Seinen type of art style since these two genres usually have very unique art styles from piece to piece, isn't as predictable as Shoujo/Shounen, the series itself is more of a romantic comedy and isn't really much of a romance until the last third of the first season, having said that their are 2 other season afterwards, should note that the female MC in this series is one of my favorite characters, loved her personality)
- Onegai Teacher (Made by the same person that made Ano Natsu de Matteru, produced by the same anime production company and the plot is pretty much the same with an alien girl from outer space ... So, if you liked one you will most likely like the other, imo Onegai Teacher is better, their is more development, better character interaction and just more in depth over all)
- Seto no Hanayome (personally didn't like however since everyone's tastes differ thought I should toss it in, a romantic comedy, I believe their is some development in terms of the romance, some people love this series which prompted me to consider recommending it since you may or may not love it)
- Suzuka (dramatic romance anime, heard the manga is alot better however the anime was pretty good, definitely a romance with alot of drama mixed in, if you like that then this might be a good series for you)
- True Tears (True Tears is another very dramatic romance series (for a shounen atleast) similar to Suzuka, I didn't like it too much because of the girl he ends up w/ (sorry if this is a spoiler) however since it is a love triangle think that shouldn't give too much away, but yeah another dramatic romance series without an open ending)

Shounen and Seinen romance (for the most part) is usually about the chase or in the case of shounen also often just a harem with an open ending... If you want "a real romance" you really do need to look at shoujo (depending on what you mean by a real romance), if what you want is a faster developing relationship as well as things like hugging, kissing or even sexual references you are better off looking at shoujo or Josei... It's kind of like if I were to ask "I want a good mainstream battle manga that is a shoujo" ... Obviously each demographic is known for certain genre's and Shounen are definitely not known for their romance. Though anime in general is a semi-lousy medium for romance stories, my top 10 romance are probably all manga.

I would just like to say if your ideal romance is one where the male is not a shy mofo who is indecisive or can never speak his mind, as well as a faster moving relationship (they start going out in the first half of the series), a more physical relationship (holding hands isn't the end of the world, kissing is a common occurrence or even references to sex) then you should really look at shoujo manga... If you don't like the style I have a few I could rec that are more similar to shounen (both in art and atmosphere), as well as some Josei that have (atleast in my opinion) a more appealing art style. The primary difference between the two is that in shounen everything is "rounder" and more "smooth" while in Shoujo everything is more stretched vertically and sharper... So yeah I have a few with a more shounen art style as well as a more shounen atmosphere, and also are good reads... Just lemme know if you are interested.

first of all thx for the reply ^^
then as of your recomendtion i think im gonna give true tears a shot even tho it has shy ppl >.< , i watch seto no hana even tho i enjoyed it comedy part it really doesn't have actual romance , i watched ano natsume so i perferd to onegai teacher ( the art and no teacherx student in it ), why did you mention kaze no stigma it is really balnd and boring in action and in romance i would give it props for the male MC ( he is never a wimp or awkward) .
you actually said what is in my mind when it comes to shoujo and shounnen artstyles and romance develpoment and ya my ideal romance anime is what you described in the last part of your post , arn't many animes like that but the best romance anime i watched are Toradora ( loved it ) and ano natsume ( really liked how in the end everyone know the feelings of everyone no stupid misunderstandings etc...)
i would love to watch a romance animes close to those too^^ ( thx for the suggestion so far guys :) )

Scottorocker said:
School days, don't look it up just watch it.

why would you ever suggest that "shit" of an anime to anyone >.>

More topics from this board

» Can someone please put me on to some sad anime

Fischer77 - 1 hour ago

3 by duchessliz87 »»
17 minutes ago

» Non-hentai anime with traumatizing rape?

stanklem28 - Feb 7, 2014

40 by Omega90 »»
5 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

26 by PostMahouShoujo »»
6 hours ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - Yesterday

6 by DMind »»
Today, 2:05 AM

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
Today, 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.