Forum Settings
Forums

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation III - Love Is the Pulse of the Stars Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2012 5:45 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okay, this was just a battlefest. Unlike the first two movies you could really tell that a lot was cut out and edited together. The story felt very jarred and rushed. Just as jarring as switching from old to new animation.

That said, I loved how they changed the ending a bit, I feel that this is how the series should have ended.
Jan 10, 2014 6:18 PM

Jul 2011
Even as i like the new ending more, this "new translation" simply suck. Randomly sliced scene's from anime with addition to new animation from time to time is not enough to call it new translation. I'm not sure if it's even enough to call it a proper movie.
What I'm sure of, it's that it have to be impossible to understand that's going on if you haven't watched original anime yet.
Jan 27, 2014 1:59 PM

Mar 2012
Agree that the movie cut too much stuff out and made it feel rushed. At least the new ending was better. One thing that really bothered me is how the movies cut out most if not all the slaps, one of my favorite things from zeta :c
Jun 7, 2014 5:11 PM

Sep 2011
yeah these movies were really poorly put together, the new ending was nice that made it so in this universe ZZ and CCA didn't happen or at least happened drastically different. But the actual compilations were just messy and the news scenes really added nothing.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 8, 2016 10:06 AM

Dec 2015
Way too compressed, like ANT II. Part of the characters are simplified, loss of drama, some things aren't logic due to previous cuts. Even Zeta's main point is weakened in this form.
Entertaining battle, not a lot more.

Enjoyment: 2/5
Score: 4/10

What I disliked the most in Zeta: the 50% time allocated to mecha skirmishes. What I got in A New Translation: up to 80% of a movie spent in battles. In the first movie, the blended fight scenes helped the story effectively but it was less the case in the 2nd one and made the third very heavy (giving the impression ANTIII was very light in the story department).
Rei_IIIAug 15, 2018 7:43 AM
Mar 5, 2017 6:47 AM

May 2012
A lot more intense fights than the first two, also felt indeed quite rushed with the story being heavily cut to fit this time frame.

Still a very good finish to these 3 "recap" movies I must say!
Apr 21, 2017 2:43 PM

May 2009
There were so many battle scenes that I couldn't keep track on who was fighting who and I ended up falling asleep and missing bits of the new ending. I definitely prefer the original Zeta to this, even though it ended on a depressing note and Kamille and Fa didn't get their happy ending until the end of ZZ.
“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”

― Winston S. Churchill
Sep 15, 2019 12:03 PM

Feb 2017
This one is probably my least favorite of the three movies. Too much fighting which eventually becomes boring. Also this one is the messiest in terms of cutting and editing, and compressed way too much. Though last scene with Kamilie and Fa was nice, I just wish they let Emma live this time T.T
Aug 29, 2020 6:50 PM

Sep 2010
At least Kamille's fate was kinder in these compilation films aside from that and the banger ending it was just okay I did find it better than the first two movies.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 16, 2021 5:24 PM

Aug 2017
I dislike how they omitted the entire Dakar subplot on Earth, its quite important for the franchise and Char. Its funny cuz Rosamia spirit is helping Kamille when the timeline and events in the movie are different lol.

3/10 for the movie.
NurguburuMar 16, 2021 5:30 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 3, 2022 12:49 PM

Feb 2012
Currently available on Gundam Info legally

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.