Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 16, 2013 7:30 PM

Oct 2010
They cut out so many characterization scenes. How are people new to the franchise supposed to even care about key members of the band of the hawk?

They made everything LAME. And that pisses me off. It was better when this trashy movie didn't exist.
Jan 16, 2013 11:46 PM

May 2012
people are expecting way too much for movie adaptations...
people gotta understand adapting to animations = content must be cut
cutting characters like the queen is literally next to nothing.
cutting out zodd helping guts i can understand.

the cgi does look bad as far as the random soldiers go, as for guts and other important characters, they did a really nice job, art AND animation. yeah they could have done it in 2d and it wouldve been all smooth but there is something to it seeing all the body parts and weapons in 3d. its definitely not worse than the 1st movie.

yeah people have the right to be disappointed and pissed off but, really, try to use your brain and think. if content is cut out look for it in the scenes themselves. INFER FROM THE CONTENT SHOWN. there is plenty of information and emotion to be read from the characters facial reactions, flashbacks, and actions.

if you really can't do any of that, stick to words laid out all neat and nice. it's fine for those who miss a few parts here and there and ask questions, but to regard this movie as some comments like above and before, make your own movie or get on a production team and see what happens.
Jan 17, 2013 4:20 AM

Apr 2009
I noticed the CGI in the first movie, but it didn't trouble me too much, but for some reason I found the CGI in this second movie way more unbearable than the first.
I've only watched the anime and that was around 6-7 years ago, so I can't remember small details from it too well. I really need to get on to reading the manga so I can understand what everyone is complaining about. Hopefully I can get a good start on the manga before the third movie.
RydakoJan 17, 2013 4:24 AM
Jan 17, 2013 9:47 AM

Jul 2012
They made it seem like the story didn't go anywhere .....I hardly felt any progression and the story didn't get to me like the last movie.
Been waiting for when Guts leaves the Hawks.
Griffith is a greedy guy lol he got all depressed when Guts left then just ravaged the fuck out of that girl.

Lol good that Griffith killed that disturbingly perverted boy loving old guy lmao.
She loved every second of it but bitch should have calmed down scratching him like a beast lol

Oh and at least they didn't chop off Griffith male parts during torture although the King needs to get a wife she loves the crap out of Griffith. She loved every second of it but bitch should have calmed down scratching him like a beast lol
Jan 17, 2013 12:02 PM
Jun 2008
I also wanted to complain about the missing parts from the manga, but you guys did enough of that. Honestly I'm just too desperate for new animated Berserk material, so I did enjoy this movie.

Looks like the CGI slightly improved since the first movie.
Jan 17, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2009
rishardew said:
I can't like the character designs.

Casca is WAY too cute in the movies. I think whoever designed the characters for the movie kind of missed the point.
Jan 17, 2013 4:02 PM

Aug 2010
Man by the looks of thing Wylad will most likely be scrapped from the 3rd movie! Can't believe so many important scenes were left out. Honestly at this point I would had rather have an OVA series similar to Gundam Unicorn and Hellsing, especially seeing the amazing quality of these 2 OVAs. Atleast with an OVA series there's a chance that it would be more faithful and there would be more hand drawn animation and less annoying and unnecessary CGI.
ElementSpongeJan 17, 2013 4:25 PM
Jan 18, 2013 10:44 AM

Nov 2012
I honestly feel like these movies aren't long enough. I expected them each to be at least 2 hours long.. so that they could get a lot of content in and not have a 'rushed' feeling about them. But no, everything becomes quick-paced and shortened. Needless to say I was disappointed. BUT it wasn't bad. Just so much lost potential in my opinion.
Jan 19, 2013 9:25 AM
Apr 2008
God the cgi in these movies is horrendous... Alot of the scenes were butcherd, alot of stuff missing and all round pretty shit adaption.

Still.. Sorta enjoyed it a bit. Maybe because my expectations were so low from seeing the first film. 6/10

3rd movie should at least be a bit better, since most of the plot and character develepmont is done (skipped).
Jan 20, 2013 5:07 AM

Jul 2009
ElementSponge said:
Man by the looks of thing Wylad will most likely be scrapped from the 3rd movie! Can't believe so many important scenes were left out. Honestly at this point I would had rather have an OVA series similar to Gundam Unicorn and Hellsing, especially seeing the amazing quality of these 2 OVAs. Atleast with an OVA series there's a chance that it would be more faithful and there would be more hand drawn animation and less annoying and unnecessary CGI.

An OVA series would have been best. I don't get the logic in releasing 3 movies within a year - Especially when the first was ONLY 1 hour long. Less, in fact, if you cut out the OP and credits.
Jan 20, 2013 11:54 AM

Aug 2010
Psychodrake said:
An OVA series would have been best. I don't get the logic in releasing 3 movies within a year - Especially when the first was ONLY 1 hour long. Less, in fact, if you cut out the OP and credits.
I too don't get the logic, and really it's a shame that they wasted there chance on making an epic trilogy. With the way things are now, I think it would've been better if they went the LotR route and made each movie 2-3 hours long. That way we could get a more fleshed out story and character development. But really an OVA would've been way better than what we got as of now.
Jan 20, 2013 1:56 PM

Mar 2011
This movies is a waste of time,better to watch 1st anime or read the manga.
Jan 21, 2013 11:31 AM

Jul 2010
i'd rather accept having this than to succumb myself with full of shitty anime we're having each season

the fact is, we'll never see an anime with this kind of story ever again

i am fan of the Berserk series, but i this two movies ain't that bad either, its just a matter of acceptance and appreciation rather than multitudes of nagging and nitpicking

the world is established "unfairly", you would be an idiot growing up if you overlooked this principle stick to every little thing in this world, even in the world of anime

people wouldn't just get everything they want ^^,

Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jan 23, 2013 1:43 AM
Apr 2008
AmberFebruary said:
i'd rather accept having this than to succumb myself with full of shitty anime we're having each season

Why do we have to accept a crap adaption and mediocre movie? I'm not denying that the last few seasons have been pretty lackluster, but no-one is forcing you to watch every show that airs. There are a few gems every season or 2.

AmberFebruary said:
the fact is, we'll never see an anime with this kind of story ever again

Why not? Nostradamus?

AmberFebruary said:
i am fan of the Berserk series, but i this two movies ain't that bad either, its just a matter of acceptance and appreciation rather than multitudes of nagging and nitpicking

They aren't horrible, but they aren't good either. Why should we appreciate them doing a shit job and not lament and be annoyed at what could have been?

AmberFebruary said:
the world is established "unfairly", you would be an idiot growing up if you overlooked this principle stick to every little thing in this world, even in the world of anime

people wouldn't just get everything they want ^^,

Wut?

AmberFebruary said:

Hellsing Ultimate was pretty average, but at-least it wasn't trying to be anything but mindless violence. It being shit is no excuse for the Berserk movies being bad.
Jan 23, 2013 11:22 AM

Dec 2011
Another butchered movie. The impression I get is that Studio 4C doesn't really give a fuck about Berserk and that's a shame.

Honestly I would be probably be okay with it if they just fucked off with the CGI and actually animated the battle scenes like professionals. I already know the story anyways so one only needs to piece together the important events while watching. The real problem is they aren't even getting the damned battle scenes right.

The one positive thing that might possibly come from these movies are a continuation of the story in to the Black Swordsman Arc. Unfortunately I have absolutely no faith in this pathetic studio to actually do justice to the rest of the story anyways, so I officially throw in the towel and say a big FUCK YOU STUDIO 4C for ruining perhaps the last chance to ever animate such an amazing story. They screwed up so bad that they aren't even selling the tickets and dvds necessary to actually make a sequel.

Oh well, there's always the masterpiece that is the manga... *holds the volume of the eclipse in arms like a precious demon child* - they'll never take you away from me, never!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2013 10:12 AM

Jun 2008
Neizaru said:
I wasn't expecting much after the first movie, but this was just awful. Very ugly CGI, important scenes got cut off or changed, and generally.. boring. The TV series was much better, and it never was all that great to begin with!

Seriously, at least the eclipse must be done right. Three screw-ups in a row would bury this project for good.

Forget it. This is becoming a train-wreck. I was watching and thinking when will it end. Imagine watching Berserk and getting my ass bored and annoyed(my eyes can take so much stupid cgi and they were even worse this time), me that has read the Golden age from the manga twice saw the TV series and wants to read it more.
Sorry but butchering Berserk this much really needs effort. I hope Studio 4C burns in a big fire.

nina4life said:
Neizaru said:
Sloppy work like this supposed to bring more fans to the manga? Unlikely.

A friend of mine saw these 2 movies and he loved it. Some people just have lower standards and some people, mind you it's mostly those who didn't read manga, think it's not that bad.

I'd say biggest problem is actually within us, manga readers, who, for once, hoped to see a good adaptation with all the qualities berserk has to offer, and it has a lot to offer. We didn't get what we wanted so we complain and find flaws even where there are none.
Yes, this movie has cut many corners, yes, this movie dropped MANY important events from the manga, but from movie only perspective it didn't do it. Things missing are VERY important when taken from manga point of view, but from movie perspective they don't even exist.

Why did Gutts actually leave Band of the hawk? Politics? Complexity? Not important.

Again, it's true that many who only watch the movie will hate it because it's just, as you said, random violence, but there are actually people who like that, strange as that is. Many of those will maybe come to manga and not like it because, hey, there're actual things happening there, not just blood and gore (though, to be honest, it prevails :D).

Most important thing, I'm not defending this movie. It's not very good. It's horrible adaptation, but it's also not the worst thing ever like many have been saying. From manga pow it's worst thing ever, but doesn't have to be to others not familiar with it.
And come on, berserk tv show came out 15 years ago, even this kind of adaptation is gonna attract new people, I bet there're even those who didn't even know about berserk before this.

To use most overused phrase: Only time will tell.

It's not just about the manga, they also did worst than a freaking TV series that was old as fuck.
Seriously that's an achievement.
If you are gonna remade something and make it worse why bother.
MonadJan 24, 2013 10:34 AM
Jan 24, 2013 1:46 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Visuals and the soundtrack are amazing, The adaptation of the story is weak though. Guts comes accross as too shallow in his motivations and character. The TV series did a much better job with the characters. Then again its hard to portray these things when one has to compress it all into a 90 minute story.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 25, 2013 5:33 AM

Jul 2009
LayedBack said:
Another butchered movie. The impression I get is that Studio 4C doesn't really give a fuck about Berserk and that's a shame.

Considering Kentarou is overseeing production, I don't think they have a choice but to give a fuck.

Fact of the matter is that somebody decided it would be a great idea to release 3 movies within a year. That is NOT a good idea by any stretch of the imagination for something with as much depth as Berserk.

It's taking Berserk, stripping what made it so unique (All of the politics, strategy, even just background life) and making just another character driven story like EVERY anime ever.
Feb 4, 2013 6:40 AM

Nov 2010
It's not a bad movie for someone that hasn't followed the Manga or Series
Feb 10, 2013 7:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I read the manga a while ago and thought that this second movie was way better than the first one.

Sure it's not like the original TV series or the manga, but I found the battle sequences and the OST for this movie to be particularly above average. As for the CGI, I'm used to it after watching Kingdom.

I see some hardcore hating here. It's far from being a bad movie.

Psychodrake said:

It's taking Berserk, stripping what made it so unique (All of the politics, strategy, even just background life) and making just another character driven story like EVERY anime ever.

I personally think the character is what makes Berserk interesting, not the politics. I really don't think even in the original manga the politics was all that greatly portrayed. Even great series like Sanctuary have strong characterization to make it interesting. Given the time length of the movie, I don't think you can put politics AND battle AND characterization all at the same time.

I think we all agree on one thing: it would have been better if each movie was 2h30 long.
wakka9caFeb 10, 2013 7:33 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 18, 2013 1:26 AM
Apr 2012
Movie could definately be way better, but that doesn't mean it wasn't great...just could've been amazing. Still, as someone who was blown away after watching the original anime and manga a few years back, seeing all this again is the best nostalgia ever. I don't give a fuck how bad the plot was re-introduced, I'm just happy their even doing this trilogy.

Super excited to see the never before animated scenes from the manga in the next movie!!
Feb 24, 2013 9:42 AM

Mar 2012
liked it much more than the 1st movie; got me slightly excited for the 3rd one which looks kinda awesome
still hate the CGI though
Apr 13, 2013 2:19 PM
Nov 2008
So much hate.

I really liked it tbh. Sure there were cuts that I wouldn't have made (Guts&Casca on the hill looking down at the camp's fires is one that should've made it into the movie..., also Guts's sword breaking and being saved by Zodd), but otherwise I agree with most of the cuts.

Most of the story changes were for the better actually, the capture of Doldrey doesn't make sense in the manga, since they would've closed the gates after most of the army left. This way was way more believable. Lots of things were made less cliche/comic relief. Let's face it there are lots of idiotic/cliché shounen fghts in Berserk.

Animation was ok, I can see why some people hate it though. I really like it during fight scenes and not so much during conversations and slow parts. Only thing I hate about it is the "cleanness" of it, they should have used more "dirt" textures on skins, armor etc. Some parts could've used an increase in fps. The backgrounds and sweeps were really good too. The detail in the forest and at the end with the capital behind Guts was amazing.

Guts's Voice Actor was superb imo, rest were really good too. I was a sucker for the old voicework but this new one is just as good. OST was also quality, they fit the setting perfectly imo.
Agree that these movies are great nostalgia trips.

Ofc knowing the story and characters already means that I don't care much how much of the character development and finer bits of the story they show. Not sure how enjoyable it is for someone who has little idea of what's going on.

Edit: I think some people have unrealistic expectations about these movies. They have to cut things. A lot. It's just what the movie format requires. It's like Lotr leaving out Tom Bombadil. You can't include every scene. Most of the stuff they cut have no important character development (we already see that Griffith is willing to prostitute himself to furrther his ambitions, assasinate his opposition, etc). The movie shows why Casca falls for Guts, Gut's motivations, Judeau's constant attention to Casca, Corkus's personality etc. For what the format is, I think they did great.
MalestelApr 13, 2013 2:39 PM
Jun 27, 2013 11:13 PM

Nov 2011
CGI felt a bit shaky, but I enjoyed it overall.
I actually felt like they caught Griffith's emotions pretty well when he challenged him to a duel. He looked batshit serious.

FUCKING GOT TO SEE PUCK! WOOH!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 3, 2013 8:25 PM

Nov 2011
Go Guts! Nice spear he's got there.

Well, there's a lot of action so that's good. A bit too much actually. On the other hand, I liked the bonding between Guts and Casca. I knew Guts and Griffon's forces would prevail though. Nope, it's not because they're the protagonist but the fact that they got GUTS. (no pun intended)

The dance was okay I guess. I think it might be Guts' first time! Lol. Casca also seems to be having fun as well and enjoying the moment.

I think the climax of this movie would be the duel between Guts and Griffin. What I didn't expect though is for Griffin to get his ass handed down to him that easily. Shame.

Anyways, the scenes with the rain of Griffin and the princess was awkward as hell. The Hawks needs Guts though -.- shame he left.. 6.5/10 for film.
Jul 8, 2013 8:37 AM

Sep 2010
The movie was awesome wasn't boring at all.Also i think this is the only CGI i can watch .Also the sex scene was a bit awkward since he's seeing guts a guy while having sex with a girl.
Sep 14, 2013 5:37 PM

Apr 2012
Based on the first one I was expecting a lot more plot, which seemed to go out the window. It was good, but did just seem to be entirely battles.

Re: censoring - I saw this on UK TV and there was a lot of nudity (and non-graphic cunnilingus etc) throughout.
BlackoutingSep 14, 2013 5:44 PM
Sep 23, 2013 6:30 PM

Feb 2013
Same bad CG animation, but better than the first movie.

At this point I'm not sure if Griffith really lost, or if everything is still going according to plan. Guess I'll find out in the next movie.
Oct 27, 2013 7:32 AM
Aug 2011
That sex scene is always so intense, what of the best ones I've seen.
Nov 10, 2013 2:47 AM

Jan 2012
need more sex imo.....

good ep overall minus the CGI

shit's about to get real next ep...
Apr 12, 2014 9:12 PM

Sep 2009
I personally really enjoy the CGI.

This movie was outstanding.
It's got its issues but very visually pleasing and being followed along by friends who havent ever watched the show or read the manga.
Apr 16, 2014 9:22 AM

Oct 2013
Perfect movie the next one is going to be awesome i can feel it.

May 18, 2014 1:25 AM

Jul 2008
Well I guess the version I watched was uncensored which is good, I was disappointed the Queen subplot was taken out but oh well.

I wonder how much will be cut out of the final act.
Jun 22, 2014 10:30 PM

Apr 2013
Sabinlerose said:
I personally really enjoy the CGI.

I agree. Personally it's the best usage of it I've seen to date, not talking about the previous movie mind you.

LayedBack said:

Honestly I would be probably be okay with it if they just fucked off with the CGI and actually animated the battle scenes like professionals. I already know the story anyways so one only needs to piece together the important events while watching. The real problem is they aren't even getting the damned battle scenes right.

The one positive thing that might possibly come from these movies are a continuation of the story in to the Black Swordsman Arc. Unfortunately I have absolutely no faith in this pathetic studio to actually do justice to the rest of the story anyways, so I officially throw in the towel and say a big FUCK YOU STUDIO 4C for ruining perhaps the last chance to ever animate such an amazing story.

Oh well, there's always the masterpiece that is the manga... *holds the volume of the eclipse in arms like a precious demon child* - they'll never take you away from me, never!
I find this terribly ironic =/

Considering that the original season wasn't even 'animated' - only some still frame shots that even its manga betters.

& the manga is bad for a variety of reasons. Whoever is responsible for removing all those excess scenes I applaud, they were substandard. Maybe the fact that I watched the original season & know the overall story blinds me to some faults of the omissions, but what I do know is this version has not made me cringe like a wretch. From where I stand, this is vastly superior.

Studio 4C for the win.
Aug 24, 2014 1:24 PM

Jun 2011
it was a pretty badass movie i really want to see part 3
Dec 25, 2014 7:15 AM

Oct 2014
The Battle for Doldrey was much better than the first film.

On to the next one.
May 9, 2015 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
I actually thought that this film was great...
Granted, storywise it is not as good as the manga/anime. But they didn't completely butcher it, either.
The OST was amazing, and I personally think that, with the exception of 2-3 scenes, the animation was fine.

removed-userMay 9, 2015 4:21 PM
May 24, 2015 12:03 PM

Jan 2010
A lot of things were cut this time, but I guess I lucked out since I didn't read too far into the manga, nor did I watch these films directly from the television series. It gave me time to forget a few details, or even whole plot points. The cut things didn't impact me as much, so what I got was a turbulent ride from start to finish. I'll say this though: the plot really hates Casca. It does feel as if she's only included so the story doesn't become a sausage-fest, and I wouldn't have minded if she wasn't talked up to be the capable captain. Most of what happens to her isn't even her fault, so it's a shame that she's constantly getting shown up. It might be the nature of the story, or it might just be Berserk never being kind to its characters in general, but it's most apparent with her since she's one of the main characters.

Still, it makes me wonder how I would feel if I had kept up with the manga. Perhaps I would have pointed out all the mistakes and liberties taken, and thus branded these movies as failures to capitalize on a well-established fan base. As it stands now, I'm detached enough to have enjoyed the audiovisual splendor that I just saw. I suppose I'm looking at these films as standalone entities, so as they are, I'm still enjoying them.
Jun 5, 2015 5:37 PM

Feb 2015
I didn't like this as much as the first movie. The issue of pacing was definitely apparent through the shift in scenes. There wasn't a strong enough feeling of tragedy or even relief. Guts leaving wasn't nearly as depressing as it was in the show. Too much of the underlying story was brushed aside for action and views of landscapes.
Jun 24, 2015 5:11 PM

Sep 2009
This movie was good, though the first movie definitely surpasses it.

What I didn't like is how they cut out the scene where Zodd throws Guts a sword to help him during the battle of Doldrey. I was expecting that scene, kind of.

I think the movies should be at least 2hours long, even Mobile Suit Gundam movies of the first series during the 1980's was that long and it turned out to be much better paced than the original series.

Also I think people are complaining too much and trying to just find the bad things in the movie instead of looking at the more positive ones. The animation was perfect and the CGI didn't bother me at all.
Jul 16, 2015 6:10 PM

Nov 2014
Awesome movie, but again CGI moments ruins everything

Aug 16, 2015 10:01 AM

Mar 2014
The movie was good enough for its content. Many scenes were left out like, the assassination of the queen, the attempt to poison Griffith and his murderous gaze at the minister, which was creepy yet awesome in the manga. Plus, the short fight between Griffith and Guts could be analyzed more, in terms of their strategy. However it was a 90 minutes movie so something had to go I guess, I cannot complain.

I especially liked Guts fight with the battalion, his scenes with Casca and the sex scene between Griffith and Charlotte, which portrayed excellently Griffith's emotional state.
Sep 13, 2015 11:31 AM

Aug 2009
As someone that hasn't read the manga and also hasn't watched the original TV anime, I thought this was a VERY good movie.
Action was great, animation was even better. Yes, this movie moved fast, but it wasn't hard to follow and it's very interesting. It definitely manages to hold my attention.

Really looking forward to the third movie now. The preview was very disturbing.
Dec 22, 2015 1:32 PM

Jan 2015
This is where Griffith became Darker ... When Guts whooped his Ass, he always thought he was stronger then him just because their first battle Griffith won ....
Jan 17, 2016 4:54 PM

Mar 2010
This looked even more laggy than the first, I enjoyed it and all but since its a movie it was a huge rush to the end.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 18, 2016 1:55 PM

Mar 2014
This movie made it pretty clear why CGI was used, it would be pretty much impossible to portray the scale of the battles, not to mention the HORSES. Did any of you ever try to animate a horse? Or dozens of them riding into battle?

Not saying the CGI is good but at least try to understand what they were going for. That being said I don't really agree with using the CGI outside of the battles, like the king giving his speech and everything.

In enjoyed it, the preview for the next movie looked epic (and crazy)
Jul 21, 2016 5:29 PM
May 2010
To be honest, I think that the movies were intended to be a updated version of the anime, or rather, possibly just be fanservicey in terms of what it shows, awesome battles, gratuitous violence, etc. and since I'm from the future, it was perhaps a herald of things to come as the new Berserk that starts from the manga's start has started airing. Whether it will cover the entire manga, or up to a certain point, and skip over the golden age since it's been covered in anime and the three movies, or if it ends up redoing all of it has yet to be seen. I still find it enjoyable, although I did find myself going "WHAT!?" a few times, though, I do think that to condense the story, a lot of things had to be cut down and, most likely, monetary issues lie at the heart of many things, but as has been mentioned, animating movement is expensive, animating the movement of a lot of things is outright ridiculous.
Aug 15, 2016 7:38 PM

Jan 2016
Well damn that sex scene is waaay more detailed in this than the anime.

and wow i thought the king had normal daughter-complex but this nigga really wants dat pussy

LauraBirdie said:
This movie made it pretty clear why CGI was used, it would be pretty much impossible to portray the scale of the battles, not to mention the HORSES. Did any of you ever try to animate a horse? Or dozens of them riding into battle?

Wtf are you talkin about lmao they already animated battles and "HORSES" in the Original anime and it was 10x better
Mr_ShnbAug 15, 2016 7:43 PM
Aug 16, 2016 1:35 PM

Mar 2014
Mr_Shnb said:
Well damn that sex scene is waaay more detailed in this than the anime.

and wow i thought the king had normal daughter-complex but this nigga really wants dat pussy

LauraBirdie said:

Wtf are you talkin about lmao they already animated battles and "HORSES" in the Original anime and it was 10x better

In case you've got your nostalgia glassed on, the horses hardly moved in de old anime. Look at episode 15 and 16 , there's only a handful of scenes in which the horses actually MOVE, and most of the time we either see only the riders or the horses legs. I absolutely LOVE 2D animation, but that does NOT look better than the cgi here
Aug 27, 2016 9:34 PM

Jan 2014
The gay undertones between Griffith and Guts was strong, especially when he needed to have "hate sex" with the girl because he was so distraught about him leaving and imagined Guts the entire time... So much angst... So many misunderstandings... Damn it! You both mean a lot to each other! I didn't think Griffith would lose his reason to live like that but I guess Guts meant more to him than I originally thought. If only he had known he left because he wanted to become his equal and be considered his friend.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» “Memorial Edition” TV edit announced

ItzElite - Jun 20, 2022

11 by Obahoru »»
Aug 10, 2022 5:21 AM

» Anyone know anything about Berserk Golden Age Arc II & III?

dvsgrace - Jan 15, 2013

27 by EvenJellyOn »»
Apr 9, 2015 7:34 AM

» Berserk Movie II: the Battle for Doldrey --- not subbed yet? D:

TheMail - Nov 16, 2012

48 by Strife91 »»
Jan 13, 2013 6:52 PM

» Is my player lagging?

Wilio - Dec 24, 2012

2 by AironicallyHuman »»
Dec 27, 2012 1:22 PM

» 6.23.12 Release?

ghritke - Jun 23, 2012

13 by Blacksatanman666 »»
Oct 21, 2012 11:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.