Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 12, 2012 10:44 PM

May 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
They should do the same to Natsume with what they did to Yamaken, giving her an entirely episode.

Yeah she needs more air time.
Dec 12, 2012 11:36 PM

Sep 2012
haru's past is sad :/
next ep might be natsume's confession!
Dec 13, 2012 2:48 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
A slower episode when compared to last week's one, but still I think dedicating the episode to Yamaken was actually a pretty good idea, kept me interested and also it gave more insight into Yuzan.

Nice moments as usual, with that pasta in a can being a particular highlight...

I'm interested to see how this will all wrap up now.
Dec 13, 2012 9:51 AM

Sep 2011
Was that Harus mother? That fucking past, holy molly. What a harsh mother.
Dec 13, 2012 11:28 AM

Apr 2011
itsvero said:
God damn. Can't we get some legit relationship development? Both Shizuku and Haru have been having epiphanies but they've done nothing to change their relationship status.. They've been at a standstill for like 11 episodes now.

Agreed I want them to develop their relationship but there has been no progress. But I think they will make a S2 and then things will pick up from there.
Dec 13, 2012 1:19 PM

Jun 2010
Pasta!!

The comedy in this anime cracks me up for some reason, but I really like the relationships as well. You might argue the protagonists do nothing to develop their romance, but heck, I find it so refreshing after every romance in every anime being the same thing. Not to mention, it works very well, because there are some good reasons for that.
Shizuku is too focused on academics and clearly lacks social skills. Common sense she relies so heavily on doesn't help her with Haru the weirdo, so she's at loss.
Haru, in return, lacks social skills too, but he is the opposite of Shizuku in that he's desperate for close relationships, no doubt because of his past.

Best possible ending? Haru overcoming his traumas thanks to Shizuku, Shizuku learning to understand people better and becoming able to loosen herself a bit thanks to Haru - and the two deciding to just stay friends after realizing they weren't exactly in love, but saw what they were missing in one another. That won't happen though, too bad.
Dec 14, 2012 2:08 PM

Nov 2009
hentai_proxy said:
Cratex said:
MadKazumi said:
What the heck, grow up people, almost every little boy is violent and beat other boys up.
I see.
Dec 14, 2012 4:15 PM

Jul 2012
I know for a fact that I AM going to rewatch this one day. It's just that good. Shoujo goodness.

Aiya. Is it weird that I don't really ship Haru with Shizuku even though it's pretty obvious that they're the end game pairing? D: I prefer Yamaken more. It's just cute. But I feel like Haru is too..Haru. LOL

Anyway, 2 more episodes left ): SAD.
Dec 14, 2012 7:30 PM

Nov 2008
Yamaken is awesome : )

Also poor Haru : (

Also, from this episode I have concluded that Yamaken is much more suited for Shizuku, but Haru needs her more.
SephiriAzureDec 14, 2012 7:34 PM
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Dec 14, 2012 9:46 PM

Jul 2012
Got a glimpse of the past! That hit me hard when I saw Yuzan say that to Haru though (when they were kids) .____. Also, middle school (?) Haru was pretty darn scary.. Hmm, Yamaken was cute in this episode; he's all confused ^__^ Cute ending though, and was that Natsume at the end? She looks really little/young.. Oh! And (assuming that that little girl that kept staring at Yamaken throughout the ep) little girl.. I feel that something (bad) is going to come of her.. >.<
Dec 15, 2012 6:02 AM

Jan 2008
KuRiZenT said:
Lulexiaa said:
JUST SO CUTEEE I CANT EVEN T.T

I WISH THIS SHOW WAS A 24 EPISODER T________T

I hope that too! or second season
please no , 13 eps is enough . Tonari pretty much got a lil disappointing halfway . This indecisive and inconsistent relationship , omfg .

But its quite nice to see some Haru flashback to further explain Haru's attitude . But I really dont know why Haru acted like an animal back when he was a kid . When he was growling at that student with those fierce eyes , damn , he got some serious problems alright .And yea , he hasnt changed much from back then , he still have those scary personality switch from time to time which is pretty bad if it goes on untreated .

And yea , Ill go for Yamaken over Haru anyday . Well unless Haru changes his over possessiveness and that freakish animal personality switch , I might reconsider .

And wtf , my Natsume confessing to someone who is way way older than her ? I dont think she will ever be the same Natsume after that (she most likely will be rejected ).

I hope Tonari makes those remaining episodes great , till then I wont change my view on it .

Oh and btw is Yuu , the one with Chizuru , a girl or a boy ? lol . And seems like theyre already showing about Sasayan's affection towards Chizuru .
Dec 15, 2012 4:08 PM

Sep 2007
This was far from being a filler episode. Since it is following the manga pretty accurately, it actually laid some of the foundations for the deeper story. However, this will not be explored in the anime as it is only 13 episodes long, which is a huge shame.

I'm sincerely hoping for a second season because the story truly lifts off probably just after the conclusion of this season ...

Dec 16, 2012 11:53 AM

Oct 2009
it was ok. But for me, in this episode, the content is light, and the humor is less present.

i hope we have a better one next week ^^

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Dec 16, 2012 11:54 AM

Dec 2012
Great and funny episode like always.
Dec 16, 2012 12:13 PM
Oct 2012
eworm said:
Pasta!!
The comedy in this anime cracks me up for some reason

I think because its real. Tonari has extremely good situation comedy which comes from having characters you can identify with and then putting them in situations that are funny because of their characters.

Yamaken likes to be in control; Mitty wants to be completely independent. That conflict is at the essence of their relationship, and that 30 second scene was a complete encapsulation of their essence.

Yamaken wants to ask Mitty out, but to do so would be to give her control, so he wants a situation where he can appear to be helping her. Mitty's comment about Pasta gives him that opportunity, or so he thinks. Mitty though once again proves her resourcefulness and lack of need of any external assistance in whipping out the thermos.

Yamaken's reaction is pure Yamaken. He doesn't get mad (in this he is the opposite of Haru. Haru is emotional, instinctual; Yamaken is rational), but instead reasons out the situation with a grudging amount of respect to Mitty. Then to express his frustration at the situation (Mitty being so competent that she doesn't need his help, the thing that is attracting him to her in the first place) can only rail against the entire concept of domestic arts.

Plus there is the entire bonus of Mitty's facial expression eating the pasta (i.e. not a shred of caring what others think of her wolfing it down as she rushes to get back to studying).

This series has plenty of such perfectly balanced situational comedy bits such as this, which is what is so enjoyable about it.
Dec 17, 2012 6:14 AM

Jun 2009
Why is this show so good O.o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2012 5:46 PM

Oct 2009
PASTA
Dec 19, 2012 1:01 PM

Jun 2012
It's like a never-ending cycle with Shizuku and Haru.
I like how Yamaken is trying to intervene after establishing his own conflicted feelings.

BUT, what has my attention RIGHT FUCKING NOW IS NATSUME AND SASAYAN.
ugh yes, Natsume and I have the same taste. Sasayan is a sexy MAN.

Sigh, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is coming to a close. I refuse to watch episode 12 until the last ep uploads so I could watch them back-to-back.... SIIIIIIGGGGGHHHH I'LL MISS YOU HARU. AND NATSUME AND SASAYAN AND ALL OF THE OTHER INTERESTING CHARACTERS, except Shizuku's boring ass.
Dec 21, 2012 9:14 AM
Aug 2011
Shizuku: "Why do we keep clashing..."I don't know how to fix it..."
Blah blah blah.

Well maybe if you stopped with your inner monologues and oh idk actually spoke to Haru out loud, then maybe you'd get somewhere.
Dec 21, 2012 6:25 PM

Jul 2009
ITT: WALLS OF TEXT. I honestly didn't expect such srs business discussions when I started watching this.

And this anime isn't doing a great job of selling Haru.
I'm not really rooting for anyone at this point, but I'm growing to like Yamaken more.

Shizuku is... I dunno. Why does she like Haru again?
Dec 23, 2012 3:14 PM

Jul 2010
I rather liked this episode, Yamaken is my favo character and I secretly want him and Shizuku to become a couple. Not that that's going to happen but maybe a date or at least some more romance would be nice... Ahh, why do I always fall for the "couple" that doesn't stand a chance?

Haru seems to have a complex and Yuzan seems to be the cause of it... It does kind of explain why he's so "obsessed" with Shizuku since she helps him feel better and less of an unwanted person in this world. Though I still don't like the way he handles things, it's just not normal/acceptable to push your "rival" over the railing just because you feel like it... Well I hope he'll learn to deal with problems in a less violent way :)
Dec 25, 2012 7:43 AM

Apr 2010
Shizuku's glare at Haru when he threw that can was fierce enough to kill and it had effect on Haru.
Yamaken needs to do something about his sense of direction he tends to get lost a lot if it wasn't for the taxi's he would probably never get home.

A little bit of Haru's past was shown as well and it explained a bit about his current behaviour and his fear towards his brother.
Hope we get to see some more of his past.
Dec 26, 2012 1:11 PM

Jul 2012
Inaban?
This is one of the best anime this year!
Dec 31, 2012 1:08 PM

Apr 2012
I thought that this episode was very cute and it was also very emotional.
We got to see inside the mind and past of Yamaken, how he grew up, how he met Haru, and even more so, how he feels about Shizuku (which was just too cute).
We were also shown Haru's past, how Yuzan always shot him down, explaining a good deal of his emotional issues.
He loves Shizuku because she cares for him and picks him up, giving him a reason not to feel alone. The bad thing is is that he's afraid that she will leave him, like most of the people did in his past.
Also, it seems that Natsume may be confessing to Mi-chan soon, as seen on the last cutscene.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2013 6:36 PM

Sep 2010
TehVict said:
Great episode! Here are some GIFs of Shizuku and her lunch!

I'm just gonna sit here at stare at these for a while.
Jan 4, 2013 3:29 AM

Jan 2011
That chicken at the end made my day, I couldn't stop laughing for some reason.
Haru "needs" Shiziku while Yamaken loves her but doesn't like her.
Flashback about Haru's past was interesting, I wonder if we'll get to see more of that in the remaining 2 episodes.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 16, 2013 3:59 AM

Jan 2012
Need more character(s) development to make it 10/10 for sure

wouldn't mind another season either...

2 more eps to go...
Jan 23, 2013 10:37 PM

Apr 2009
I only noticed in this episode but Kenji seems to get lost a lot, maybe he doesn't have a sense of direction or maybe he's spacing out a lot lately while walking because of Shizuku? XD

Natsume, what are you doing there? For Michan? Hmmm...

MasterMeNL said:

I see I'm not the only one. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 24, 2013 2:23 PM
Sep 2012
Yamaken's victory pose! Yes!
Feb 9, 2013 8:45 AM
Jul 2018

I wonder what happened at the Yoshida household. Was Yuzan jealous with Haru?

Shizuku's pasta.
Mar 19, 2013 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
tofei said:
MasterMeNL said:
I see I'm not the only one. LOL

Aha. I missed the chicken. Yamaken's really growing on meee :> His lecherous hands and face. Cracked me up.
KirkyMar 19, 2013 9:34 AM
Mar 27, 2013 4:19 AM

May 2012
A bit more of a sad episode but the ending sure was nice... lets see what's next seems there still some interesting development coming!
Apr 3, 2013 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
Lovely episode,cant get enough from Haru and Shizuku.
Jun 13, 2013 9:17 PM
Apr 2013
To be honest, Haru kind of scares me, saying he would tear off someone else limbs.

But I still I like Shizuku with either of them, even though I know she will choose Haru in the end.

That one girl that appeared twice in the episode... I wonder if she will become Yamaken's eventual love interest.
Jul 10, 2013 11:08 PM

Apr 2011
Haru's brother reminds me a little of Akito from Fruits Basket. Also, I really love how Yamaguchi always gets lost, he sort of reminds me of Kyouya from Ouran HSHC. I really hope that Natsume gets some sense and that there is some progress with her and Sasahara.
Jul 28, 2013 9:15 PM

Feb 2011
I really liked this episode with the flashbacks and deeper understanding of Haru's past. Yamaken's appearances no longer come off as convenient interruptions, and he's helping show off more of the MC's internal thoughts and struggles. I also like how he's not your typical forward love rival and is even trying to deny his attraction to Shizuku.

The hug scene at the end was adorable, and I was glad to see Haru finally voicing deeper feelings. There's much more to Haru's actions than just jealousy and I think Shizuku has finally realized this. She's not sure exactly what it is, or what to do about it, but she's realized it. That's a start. ^_^

Unfortunately, I also think this episode could have come much earlier. The pacing for the middle portion of this series has been slow and the back and forth with the "I love you" and "I don't love yous" only dragged it out more. But now Haru has finally expressed his feelings, planting another seed for Shizuku to think about. This would have been a nice springboarding point for character development for the rest of the series.

On another note, the reveal that Haru has been restraining himself was difficult to believe since there has been little to no evidence of him ever doing so. I mean he flat out beaned Yamaken in the head with a can. Okay, okay, Yamaken was antagonizing him, but there are plenty of other instances to choose from. Even if he just hesitated before he threw or hit something, it would show he's trying, and to actually see him struggle would not only help me to sympathize with him more, but I think it would also help Shizuku realize just how much he needs help.
Sep 16, 2013 5:45 PM

Jun 2012
Dunno what it is, but I'm already loving Yuu-chan, her visage is just too freakin' hilarious. I hope she gets some more showtime... though I really feel like this needs more episodes to really fit everything in. Feels like the endings gonna be rushed... so I definitely plan to read the manga now. Also, people speaking of this "Natsume arc" makes me a bit anxious... with only two episodes I'll find out soon enough... now I'm worried that when Haru said he would never fall for Natsume, it was actually some unexpected foreshadowing. :O

I've got a feeling I'm gonna be sad to see this series end no matter what, though.
HalibelTheEspadaSep 16, 2013 6:21 PM
Nov 24, 2013 8:56 PM

Nov 2013
Man.. Shizuku is too cute... ~~
Jan 9, 2014 5:15 PM

Sep 2013
As much as I love Haru (as a character, he is hilarious)
I would LOVE to see shizuku x yamaken like a lot.
Jan 9, 2014 7:41 PM

Sep 2013
Animefanx3 said:
I rather liked this episode, Yamaken is my favo character and I secretly want him and Shizuku to become a couple. Not that that's going to happen but maybe a date or at least some more romance would be nice... Ahh, why do I always fall for the "couple" that doesn't stand a chance? just because you feel like it... Well I hope he'll learn to deal with problems in a less violent way :)

I usually don't fall for the couple that doesn't stand a chance but I did in this one. I finally know how it feels now LOL. Still love Shizuku and Haru though so I'm not mad :) love Yamaken though.

I loved every character in this series actually.
Feb 13, 2014 5:04 AM

Jan 2008
Wow Blondies past was actually kinda funny this episode was good but nothing special
Apr 6, 2014 11:41 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode, but a bit boring. Though I'm glad we get to know more about Yamaken and how he used to know Haru waay back then.

And lol i love how Yamaken manages to evade that throw and was instead hit to Shizuku XD

Never seen Yamaken act so happy in his life! I wonder why Ooshima's sister is following him everywhere??

So Yamaken knows Haru back then, and he used to bully him. And now the table turns till Shizuku came.

I could see why Haru doesn't like Yuuzu. Especially what he said back then when they were kids.

Come on how many times will Shizuku realize her love to Haru!?!

Seems Natsume-chan is ready to confess!! Hopefully we get a full episode of her in the next one!!

I love her voice!!
May 13, 2014 5:17 PM
Mar 2013
Haru, what did we talk about last time? Stop hitting poor Shizuku :'( This entire episode felt like it was dedicated to Kenji.

I have to admit, I like how he has some character development. It's hard to feel attached to someone with no backstory. Looks like he scored some points with Shizuku though personally I think she's not his type ^^
May 20, 2014 6:15 PM

Aug 2013
That show is such a completely crazy slice-of-life romance xD

I just love so much Yamaken behavior, like getting lost everytime : ''The exit is that way, Yamaken'' ''...''
Or suddenly getting out of bushes randomly :P
Acting like a bourgeois. Or just getting over-confident for nothing.

Oshima friend fixing him everytime was so hilarious xD

Poor him, Shizuku really is giving him way too much false hint...

Shizuku take every problem she encounter like an equation, but she can't solve a love problem like if there was only an unknown variable :S

Natsume seem determinated to make a move on Mi-chan.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 5, 2015 5:03 PM

Dec 2007
lol at the random girl staring at Yamaken. For some reason I found that to be really funny. Haru and Yamaken were friends since elementary school, but I guess he doesn't remember him for some reason. Maybe it's what happened with his family that made him forget his early memories.
Mar 30, 2015 8:28 PM

May 2014
I like Haru regardless of the fact that he's a psycho (holy hell), but I really wish Shizuku would give Yamaken a chance. I'm also excited to see if Natsume confesses, I'm rooting for her even though there's really no chance her feelings are reciprocated.

Nov 7, 2015 11:36 AM
Nov 2014
The blonde guy should just fuck himself if he thinks he has a chance, it's been a while since a character frustrated me this much
Feb 10, 2016 4:16 PM

Jan 2015
I love the funny moments but this back and forth of what to do is killing me :/
Mar 1, 2016 10:07 AM
Feb 2016
sooo... haru is yandere
Apr 18, 2016 8:26 PM

Feb 2013
I don't know how Shizuku deals with Haru, she has a lot of patience.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

63 by lixiuyue »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2012

186 by mirsips »»
Jul 24, 2023 4:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.