Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2012 4:37 AM

Dec 2008
Next week begins the Greed Island arc!! YES!!! It was my favorite OVA from the original running. Can't wait to see it again.
Dec 12, 2012 10:27 PM

Nov 2011
That was too rushed. I didn't feel any emotion during the hostage situation unlike in the original version, there was nil connection between Gon & Pakunoda. It was quite a disappointing ending. But Pakunoda is as awesome as ever.
Dec 16, 2012 9:09 AM

Oct 2009
i really have some hatred for spider squad, but after this episode, i really found out sympathy for paku ^^; damn

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Dec 17, 2012 7:15 AM

Jul 2009
So ends one of the greatest anime arcs ever. Greed Island is coming up which should be good.
Dec 17, 2012 9:19 AM

Oct 2008
I was a little disappointed in how this arc ended. I was expecting half the members of the troupe to die. I wasn't sure how they were going to pull that off, which is why I was excited to see it.
Jan 14, 2013 12:45 PM

Apr 2007
Ahhhh what a great ending to such an awesome arc, one of my favorites ever. Loved Hisoka's reaction too haha~

But I'm really, really, really going to miss "hunting for your dream" as the ending. Everything about was perfect ;________;

Vanisher said:
I wonder if i would be able to stand greed island this time. I dropped it in the 99 version.
Same here. The only reason I haven't given this series a 10 [yet] is because I fear how GI will turn out (wouldn't say it was bad, just extremely dull. The animation didn't help either). Let the real test begin!
MonochromeJan 14, 2013 12:49 PM
Feb 10, 2013 8:03 AM
Sep 2011
Well.... This arc has to be one of the best made arcs in anime industry. Suspense, emotions, fighting, great music, well-thought plot, amazing animation. Farewell amazing arc, 9/10 for this arc and instanly to the hall of fame for anime arcs. May one of the next arcs be half as awesome as this arc.
Feb 10, 2013 8:23 AM

Feb 2012
SteinsGate said:
Well.... This arc has to be one of the best made arcs in anime industry. Suspense, emotions, fighting, great music, well-thought plot, amazing animation. Farewell amazing arc, 9/10 for this arc and instanly to the hall of fame for anime arcs. May one of the next arcs be half as awesome as this arc.

Greed Island is a step down, but still really entertaining.

But wait for Chimera Ant arc, it's pure epicness, a turning point in HxH. If Madhouse does a job as good as they did in York Shin, it will be glorious.
Feb 25, 2013 2:52 PM

Sep 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:

Reaction to being screwed over by Kurapika

This!
I laughed so hard.. Almost choked on the water I was drinking that exact moment.

And as others have pointed out, it was indeed two priceless reactions this episode. Loved it.
Apr 7, 2013 9:45 PM

May 2012
n10sity said:
I was a little disappointed in how this arc ended. I was expecting half the members of the troupe to die. I wasn't sure how they were going to pull that off, which is why I was excited to see it.

I agree. It was still a decent end to the arc but it just felt anticlimactic after all of the fortunes and Kurapika's planning.
Apr 18, 2013 6:31 PM

Jun 2009
gettogaara said:
n10sity said:

I agree. It was still a decent end to the arc but it just felt anticlimactic after all of the fortunes and Kurapika's planning.

I think part of the brilliance of the arc is that it simply doesn't do what you would think a shounen battle series would do. One would think that our protagonists would fight each of the Spiders in one on one combat and the villains would die {the fortune was actually pointing towards that), but FUCK THAT Togashi says, lets turn it into a game of cat and mouse. It's fucking brilliant imo and even better because of how likable the troupe members turned out to be, even though they were still portrayed as cold blooded killers.

I look at the scene where Hisoka thinks he'll be able to fight Chrollo in a climatic battle only to be told by the boss that his powers were taken away, to be a sort of joke by Togashi. Loved it.
Ston3_FreeN7Apr 18, 2013 6:34 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 19, 2013 12:39 PM
Aug 2012
wow is all i can say hisoka when he found out he cldnt fight was hilarious i was prtty sad about paku being toast :(
Jun 6, 2013 12:12 AM

May 2012
Haha.. Hisoka's face when he learned that Chrollo can't use Nen.. haha.

But I kinda feel sad when Paku died.. weird.
Jun 9, 2013 9:42 PM

Nov 2011
Incredible. This arc was absolutely incredible. Lol @ Hisoka's face this episode and oh his replacement is Illumni right?

Anyways, nice episode and looks like Greed Island arc is next. Damn, I hope it will be as good as this one.

Ha this scene cracked me up as well.
Jun 10, 2013 11:44 AM

Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
Incredible. This arc was absolutely incredible. Lol @ Hisoka's face this episode and oh his replacement is Illumni right?

Anyways, nice episode and looks like Greed Island arc is next. Damn, I hope it will be as good as this one.

nope, not even close, but the one following it (currently airing) will be the best once it truly hit's it's groove IMO.
Jun 10, 2013 11:48 AM
Sep 2012
Stark700 said:

Yes it is. It's has less action but the story is almost as good.
Jun 10, 2013 12:12 PM

Jun 2011
Stark700 said:

I feel like the next arc is comparable to the Heavens Arena Arc. Overall, it's enjoyable and fun, like Heavens Arena, and is really important to build the overall plot. But the story or objective is pretty straightforward.
It's not a bad arc at all, but it definitely does not carry the same dark/tense tone as the Phantom Troupe/Yorknew arc did. It's also thematically different, as are all the arcs of Hunter x Hunter.
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

Jul 18, 2013 9:55 PM

Dec 2012
awesome episode, the spider is great
Aug 2, 2013 4:51 AM

Dec 2012

When I saw this I thought Hisoka was going to go bonkers and start making orgasm noises about how his ripe fruit was spoiled.

Anyway, that was an awesome arc and fantastic conclusion. Although Kurapika didn't end up taking straight up revenge on Phantom Troupe, I feel like the conditions he put on Chrollo were fitting pay back. Unable to use nen or communicate with the other troupe members, he's isolated from his "family" and has been rendered powerless. In a sense, he has been chained down.

It was also hilarious when Gon and Killua ran into Feitan and Phinks at the auction, their answer put the question of them pursuing Kurapika to rest.

With that out of the way, it was totally worth marathoning and I can't wait to see how Greed Island will turn out.
Aug 2, 2013 1:06 PM

Jul 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
When I saw this I thought Hisoka was going to go bonkers and start making orgasm noises about how his ripe fruit was spoiled.

Funny that you mention that!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOmeTSDARGA - SKIP to 7:50
(This is from the 1999 OVA adaptation of the ending of this arc)
GalekCAug 2, 2013 1:09 PM
Aug 2, 2013 4:11 PM

Dec 2012
GalekC said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Funny that you mention that!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOmeTSDARGA - SKIP to 7:50
(This is from the 1999 OVA adaptation of the ending of this arc)

Holy moly, that Hisoka and his lust for fights :p. I was a bit worried about his voice in the original version but he sounds just as sensual as ever. The confrontation between him and Chrollo was cool though, I liked that attack with the card and it just sweeping away at the last moment.
Aug 2, 2013 9:32 PM
Jul 2012
A great end arc. Thought there will be a fight, but that is okay.
Man, that was sad scene when she had to kill all the members in the Trope including herself. Was a good run for them.
Lol! Hisoka taken his shirt off, and left the fight because he isn't interested to his horny battle he keep thinking when he gets excited. Man, he is such a awesome guy.
Greed Island huh, I curious on why people was excited for this to happen. No complains, but just wondering that question. Hope it will be good just like the last one.
5/5
Aug 2, 2013 9:35 PM

Feb 2013
GoldenBRS said:
Man, that was sad scene when she had to kill all the members in the Trope including herself. Was a good run for them.
Lol! Hisoka taken his shirt off, and left the fight because he isn't interested to his horny battle he keep thinking when he gets excited. Man, he is such a awesome guy.
Greed Island huh, I curious on why people was excited for this to happen. No complains, but just wondering that question. Hope it will be good just like the last one.
5/5

People were excited for the arc after it

Greed Island is ok I guess
Aug 2, 2013 9:39 PM

Jul 2013
Greed Island is basically like Heaven's Arena.
Anyway, to commemorate your guys' completion of this arc, here's a cool
Manga/1999/2011 Anime comparison video of one of tensest moments from it. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZthf-ZaLw
GalekCAug 2, 2013 9:49 PM
Aug 2, 2013 10:48 PM
Jul 2012
GalekC said:
Greed Island is basically like Heaven's Arena.
Anyway, to commemorate your guys' completion of this arc, here's a cool
Manga/1999/2011 Anime comparison video of one of tensest moments from it. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZthf-ZaLw

Oh, that's cool. May enjoy the arc a little since now I just watched the first episode of it.

gedata said:
GoldenBRS said:
5/5

People were excited for the arc after it

Greed Island is ok I guess

Hm, so that's why people liked it.

Seems promising so far.
Aug 3, 2013 1:54 AM

May 2013
GoldenBRS said:

Greed Island huh, I curious on why people was excited for this to happen.
Actually,people is excited for the Chimera ant arc,that comes after Greed Island. GI is enjoyable,but nothing more. Instead,Chimera Ant arc is awesome,and it's way darker than Yorkshin City arc.
Aug 23, 2013 12:28 PM

Jan 2012
hisoka's reaction was funny,i remember he was screaming of anger in the original
anyway bittersweet ending for the arc
this really is the 2nd best shounen out there
Aug 23, 2013 12:29 PM

Jan 2012
GoldenBRS said:
5/5

she didn't kill all the members wtf is wrong with you?jesus some people watch something and don't understand a thing
Oct 9, 2013 9:18 PM

Apr 2013
Wow. What a pathetic end. So let me summarize what happened so far. We watched one of the main characters talk about a group of barbarians of how they killed his tribe, including some children, for 58 episodes. And we've ACTUALLY seen those barbarians kill THOUSANDS of people, create pools of blood, terrorise a whole city, shoot police, run over people with cars, vacuum clean them, etc. all sort of inhuman things. We also got to see the main protagonist to face them and actually accuse them of being cold blooded mass murderers.

So what else supposed to be there for them to be completely wiped out? I expected a complete annahilation of Phantom Troupe and I had all the right to expect so...

Then suddenly a couple of them have FEELINGS?!? And a ridiculous exchange is decided? And then they just let them go? And no one complains about this? WOW. Just WOW.

At least Hisoka could kill a half of them. And only one of them dies? And possibly the least "evil"? How is this supposed to be satisfying? Not to mention "trolling" of Hisoka-Chrolla war. I'm not even gonna talk about of how PT was suddenly so strong, or why did they wait to get rich so long or how on earth are the mafia so weak or how the kid who punched probably the most powerful "spider" was suddenly so powerless against rest or how shadow beasts were so powerless considering they were the ultimate leverage of the mafia for tens and probably hundreds of years. I'm not even gonna talk about of how everyone knew about Nen and yet still no one knew about it when story needed some directions...

You know... I was drawn back to shounen with HxH... but now I see this ending... I'm back to square one. This is just ridiculously ignoring all the mechanics of the show and the characters. This is just beyond ridiculous. There were also some other ridiculous things with this thing called "arc", but I could accept them one way or the other.. but this ending? This is just unacceptable. I guess you really don't care about the characters. I wish this arc never happened. I'm not rejecting I didn't have fun at times (esp. at 52) but this lowered the story's quality one level below.

Such different-toned changes in a story is just making a story as a whole unconvincing and unworthy. Seeing the fact that writers are that unable to write a more complete, more connected story without such change is pathetic. Sorry, no matter what you call some thing, "arc"s, "part" or whatever.. a story MUST be whole and you can't cut it to pieces. And spare me the lectures, I completed Bleach a while ago, I'm not new to this... this is fundamentally wrong. And this is why some don't take anime so seriously.
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Oct 11, 2013 12:11 AM
May 2012
Prequel said:
snip

All this walls of text boils down "I'm not paying attention but let me just write these and let you guys know how shounen should be and how this arc should end".
Oct 11, 2013 6:31 AM

Jun 2011
Prequel said:
Wow. What a pathetic end. So let me summarize what happened so far. We watched one of the main characters talk about a group of barbarians of how they killed his tribe, including some children, for 58 episodes. And we've ACTUALLY seen those barbarians kill THOUSANDS of people, create pools of blood, terrorise a whole city, shoot police, run over people with cars, vacuum clean them, etc. all sort of inhuman things. We also got to see the main protagonist to face them and actually accuse them of being cold blooded mass murderers.

So what else supposed to be there for them to be completely wiped out? I expected a complete annahilation of Phantom Troupe and I had all the right to expect so...

Then suddenly a couple of them have FEELINGS?!? And a ridiculous exchange is decided? And then they just let them go? And no one complains about this? WOW. Just WOW.

At least Hisoka could kill a half of them. And only one of them dies? And possibly the least "evil"? How is this supposed to be satisfying? Not to mention "trolling" of Hisoka-Chrolla war. I'm not even gonna talk about of how PT was suddenly so strong, or why did they wait to get rich so long or how on earth are the mafia so weak or how the kid who punched probably the most powerful "spider" was suddenly so powerless against rest or how shadow beasts were so powerless considering they were the ultimate leverage of the mafia for tens and probably hundreds of years. I'm not even gonna talk about of how everyone knew about Nen and yet still no one knew about it when story needed some directions...

You know... I was drawn back to shounen with HxH... but now I see this ending... I'm back to square one. This is just ridiculously ignoring all the mechanics of the show and the characters. This is just beyond ridiculous. There were also some other ridiculous things with this thing called "arc", but I could accept them one way or the other.. but this ending? This is just unacceptable. I guess you really don't care about the characters. I wish this arc never happened. I'm not rejecting I didn't have fun at times (esp. at 52) but this lowered the story's quality one level below.

Such different-toned changes in a story is just making a story as a whole unconvincing and unworthy. Seeing the fact that writers are that unable to write a more complete, more connected story without such change is pathetic. Sorry, no matter what you call some thing, "arc"s, "part" or whatever.. a story MUST be whole and you can't cut it to pieces. And spare me the lectures, I completed Bleach a while ago, I'm not new to this... this is fundamentally wrong. And this is why some don't take anime so seriously.

Some people would agree with you on how this arc ended. And I, in fact, agree with how you think this was an anti-climatic ending but there is more to a story than the ending and this arc of HxH incorporates writing techniques that should be acknowledged.

Let's take what you said after your summary. Just because the Phantom Troupe members have murders thousands of people and are the goal of revenge for one of the main protagonists does NOT mean that they "should be completely wiped out." That is unrealistic. I suspect you've already noticed that HxH has logic and strategy in its fights. There are distinct tiers in power. And as you put it, the Phantom Troupe members are powerful (you mentioned how we are never introduced to how they are so strong, yes, that is something I wish the author did elaborate on, but think about all the other mainstream anime as well as mainstream books like the popular Harry Potter. It is never explained how Voldemort is so powerful).

Now, with extremely powerful Nen users, even Kurapika would not be able to stand up to them. You have not seen the full power of all the Troupe members, but reach episode 96 and you'll realize how powerful most of the members are. Kurapika would not stand a chance to members like Feitan. And even in this arc, I think Kurapika was lucky. He killed Pakunoda, who is arguably not a combat oriented member, and Uvo who is the perfect target for his ability. If Kurapika fought any of the other members (excluding Kortopi), he would probably have major issues.

With that explanation, it should be painfully obvious that if Kurapika did annihilate all the Troupe members, that would be extremely unrealistic.

To your next point, I don't see why villains having feelings is bad. If you think about other shounens, most villains do not get such a subtle kind of development. They always have some sort of random sad backstory that makes the audience feel bad for them or nothing at all. The Phantom Troupe members are slowly being shown as human. Just because they killed thousands of people means they don't have feelings? EVERYONE has feelings. As for complaining, Kurapika knows what's important; he's acting like an adult. He has a job as a bodyguard and he is going to use that job to get back his tribe's scarlet eyes. Killing the Phantom Troupe members is not his only goal and if he slips up and gets fired, he will probably never get another chance to find his tribe's scarlet eyes. And the Phantom Troupe members themselves are adults, so they should not be complaining.

Lastly, sure, stories should have a concrete end but is that realistic? I'll go back to the Harry Potter example in hopes you have read it (and since you mentioned how some people don't take anime seriously because it's divided into arcs). Every Harry Potter book is essentially an arc in a large picture. But think about the ending for most of those "arcs." In more than one, Harry defeats the main villain and everything is nice and happy. That is extremely unrealistic. On top of that, no one complains about the arc-like style Harry Potter has (which is even more disjointed than most transitions between shounen arcs). That's simply because Harry Potter has the comfort of being a series that can skip over the boring summer that Harry experiences every year without making it obvious (manga and anime do not have that luxury because of how short each manga volumes are).

To conclude, yes this arc's ending is anti-climatic, but I do hope that you can see the writing techniques in here and the logic that makes this ending more than suitable. Not everything is about making the reader/watcher satisfied; writing is an art, and if you read literary fiction, you'll realize that. HxH, in my opinion, is a combination of mainstream writing with literary writing, it incorporates techniques that most mainstream books/anime/manga don't have (specifically the realism) and that's what makes it powerful.
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

Oct 30, 2013 3:43 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode and damn I wanted to see Hisoka and Chrollo fight, looking forward to Greed Island though :).I really liked Pakunoda too bad she's dead now :(.
Oct 30, 2013 4:42 PM

Sep 2013
FullmetalHagane said:
Great episode and damn I wanted to see Hisoka and Chrollo fight, looking forward to Greed Island though :).I really liked Pakunoda too bad she's dead now :(.
Prepare for a slightly rushed plethora of exposition throughout that arc.

Take this advice as you may....
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Dec 10, 2013 4:19 PM
Aug 2013
OH MY GOD

This segment was literally the BEST in all of shonen. NOTHING can even come close to it. Didn't expect a story to be this complex in a shonen.

The Greed Island doesn't feel like it's gonna be as good but that may be due to how great this one is.

10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2013 1:29 AM
May 2013
CeeTwo said:
OH MY GOD

This segment was literally the BEST in all of shonen. NOTHING can even come close to it. Didn't expect a story to be this complex in a shonen.

The Greed Island doesn't feel like it's gonna be as good but that may be due to how great this one is.

10/10

remember one of your first threads where you ask if this show is worth it? this episode right here is what I was thinking when I called it unique and what really sets it apart to most shows. Quite a Masterpiece of an end IMO
Dec 11, 2013 7:37 PM

Jan 2012
i actually agree with some of the criticisms in that i was left largely unsatisfied and rather confused at the end of this arc. my basic problem boiled down to - "wait, but they're still around? i mean, two people died and the boss is temporarily powerless, but like, pretty much nothing changed from when they first assembled."

then i realized that it was my mentality. im used to villain per arc, so my approach to the phantom troupe was that theyd be wiped out by the end of this arc. i wasnt sure how that was gonna happen, but it was my assumption. therefore i was nonplussed and felt like the whole arc had been a waste of time.

if i let go of those assumptions, i guess the end of the arc is more satisfying. the mcs were hopelessly outclassed and the best they couldve done is temporarily restrain the troupe. there was no way they could have realistically beat 13 worldclass nen users. when i stop seeing the troupe as villains-to-beat and rather just as characters, i appreciate the development that the group underwent, and am totally excited to see them later in the series.

the only real thing i cant get over is whether kurapika considers the revenge over with. cause really, his revenge was not resolved. the whole situation became so convoluted that he never really achieved any progress, and i hope this is dealt with by the show. it feels like a waste of time because it was definitely a waste of kurapika's efforts - but again, not a waste of time when you realize the troupe are semi-permanent cast members.
Dec 11, 2013 7:48 PM
Sep 2013
neenalie said:

the only real thing i cant get over is whether kurapika considers the revenge over with. cause really, his revenge was not resolved.

That's why he considers it not over with.

You should also reflect back on the endings of the previous arcs, specifically, the Hunter Exam and the Zoldyck arc. The author of the series takes pleasure in being unconventional be it ending arcs in an anti-climatic manner, making "left field plot progressions" or breaking common tropes and cliches.
CresherhsmDec 11, 2013 8:16 PM
Jan 1, 2014 5:35 PM

Mar 2012
I get the feeling this isn't the last we'll see of these guys.
Jan 2, 2014 5:17 PM

May 2013
hisoka's face!!!!!!
Jan 3, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2013
unexpected123 said:
hisoka's face!!!!!!
hahah yeah! and also when Killua and Gon met Phinks and Feitan in the auction hall... damn!

well at least Chrollo is now useless..

so Greed Island arc next!!
Jan 6, 2014 9:25 PM

Dec 2011
Kinda feel bad for Pakunoda

Jan 29, 2014 2:00 AM

Oct 2013
cantius said:
This arc teased way too much...
I hope this sets up an explosive conclusion.

Haven't you learned till now that it's not cliche like other shounen of this type? This makes it unpredictable and fun to watch, at least for me. Plus in real life does it always go as you expect something to go? Everyone would expect Kurapika to fight against every Spider member but no. Plans change, situations change, emotions and motivations change and people sometimes change too. So I like that in HxH things end in a anticlimatic manner.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jan 29, 2014 11:49 PM

Jul 2013
cantius said:
I've not given any indications of saying this was a cliche show. It is pretty unpredictable but not consistently fun. I also find it pretty amusing that you're giving me a slipshod analogy of how reality works. If things are going to end in an anticlimatic matter, it should be executed well. This arc wasn't horrible but the quality was haphazard.
Are you done now? There is also no need to lecture me on reality.Just... No. Especially in defense to a shounen anime.
Just be glad you didn't have to sit through the slower OVA to reach the arc's conclusion.
GalekCJan 30, 2014 7:23 AM
Jan 30, 2014 3:59 AM

Oct 2013
cantius said:
I've not given any indications of saying this was a cliche show. It is pretty unpredictable but not consistently fun. I also find it pretty amusing that you're giving me a slipshod analogy of how reality works. If things are going to end in an anticlimatic matter, it should be executed well. This arc wasn't horrible but the quality was haphazard.
Are you done now? There is also no need to lecture me on reality.Just... No. Especially in defense to a shounen anime.

I wasn't lecturing you. If that how it came across to you than I apologize. Why did you take it that way? Just wanted to point out my perspective of why I considered you were mistaken. Also I don't think the execution was bad. I guess we just like different things. I liked that style of storytelling and for me it was exciting that it ended that way especially in a shounen which I didn't expect at all. It's rare to watch in a shounen of this type interesting story progression and realistic character dynamics and development.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Feb 7, 2014 9:01 PM
Apr 2011
HxH is showing me what real shounen anime should be like. Rarely any fillers, and if there are, it's unnoticeable. A good plot with eye catching and interesting characters, and to the point action.

This anime is just great, and this has become one of my favorite arcs in any anime series. I hated the Phantom Troupe completely, but somehow, this arc was able to humanize them to a point. This is ridiculous and amazing at the same time.

I've been able to marathon HxH episodes up to now but I think I will take a break now from it. It just seems like this next arc will be a bit slower, I mean it can't get much faster pace than this recent arc, and I need to reel everything back in.

Great anime, Great arc....just amazing.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Feb 18, 2014 6:13 AM
Aug 2013
fantastic end to a great arc. I know friendship is common to shonen but i like how its pulled off in this show as it doesn't feel corny at all. very interesting to see some of the phantom troupe not being as cold as they seem. also i like how this arc didn't end with some "super epic final battle" like almost every other shonen. the story telling in this arc was fantastic. definately gre arc.at
Mar 17, 2014 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty anticlimactic ending to the arc, but I suppose it sends a good message. I don't think this is the last we'll see of the Phantom Troupe.

Maybe they don't need to be killed, but they should certainly be stopped. Maybe a prison for Nen users or maybe there's a way they can be permanently stripped of Nen and put in prison.

Either way its good that the final confrontation hasn't happend yet because Kurapika DEFINITELY isn't strong enough to take on the Troupe alone, and his friends aren't strong enough to back him up properly.

Gon and Killua should really take some time to develop some special moves before taking on Greed Island.
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 17, 2014 1:30 PM

Dec 2013
kittyn said:
Kinda feel bad for Pakunoda

huh? I say screw her and the rest of Phantom Troupe!

This show has done a good job of humanizing them, which is pretty realistic, but they are still murderous violent and extremely dangerous. The that their still lose in society is pretty sad to me.

cantius said:
I apologize as well. Yes, it is quite different from other shounen. The main characters don't gain new powers every other episode and there are actual tactics involved. I also like the quality of the voice acting.
This is way better than the trash that is Fairy Tail. Now that would be what one calls a brainless shounen title.

Hey! Fairy Tail might be a One Piece rip off, but its still very fun. Hunter X Hunter is a higher quality show over all, but I still think Fairy Tail has some advantages on a shallow level. I think FT is higher in cool factor with their Character designs, especially with the main characters plus it has more gender balance which I like.

But I'll agree, Fairy Tail is more formulaic, while Hunter x Hunter is more unique and has more integrity.
DaydreamHeroMar 17, 2014 1:43 PM
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 28, 2014 6:21 AM
Aug 2007
Amazing ending to the arc. Really impressive that Chrollo has been rendered useless, although I hope that by him going East, he doesn't somehow come across a cheap way to get his powers back... it would really feel like a cop out IMO.

Also, if he can copy other peoples abilities, surely he could have just copied Pakunoda's and the other rares ones in the Troupe in case of death of one of the members? I mean, he is able to copy it without hurting the person, as we saw with him copying the fortune-telling (unless knocking them out is also a requirement, but that's still nothing).
Mar 28, 2014 6:24 AM

Jan 2014
Raitei said:
Amazing ending to the arc. Really impressive that Chrollo has been rendered useless, although I hope that by him going East, he doesn't somehow come across a cheap way to get his powers back... it would really feel like a cop out IMO.

Also, if he can copy other peoples abilities, surely he could have just copied Pakunoda's and the other rares ones in the Troupe in case of death of one of the members? I mean, he is able to copy it without hurting the person, as we saw with him copying the fortune-telling (unless knocking them out is also a requirement, but that's still nothing).

1) He steals them, not copy them, if he did, the others would be useless.
2) When they die, the power is gone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Yesterday

54 by Otaku_4511 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
5 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.