Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2012 12:36 PM

Aug 2010
I just want to see Asuna be saved already dammit!!
Guess my wish will come true next episode,or at least I hope it does.
Dec 8, 2012 12:36 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
I have a small question about this episode: How come there is no archer seen among the guardians when there were so many of them in the previous episode?
Good question. I guess it's because they only appear when someone gets close to the top. Kirito was going too fast for them to appear and stop him.
Dec 8, 2012 12:39 PM

Aug 2011
Cringefest when Leafa and Kirito were clinging to each other and spinning around. Kirito is as OP as always. I loved the OST that played at the end of the episode though.
Dec 8, 2012 12:40 PM

Oct 2012
I am so getting the SAO OSTs
Dec 8, 2012 12:41 PM

Aug 2008
Onbuu said:
Is it me or did Sugu recover super fast from Kirito's rejection?:D One moment she cries her eyes off and next moment she is playing with Kirito like nothing ever happend. Oh yeah Recon gonna have serious problems in future(IRL)if he doesnt start to understand words "just friends". I mean that guy gave me serious stalker-vibes almost immediately in first EPs of ALO arc.
PS.that "duel" Kirito and Sugu had, was the lamest duel i ever seen in anime.

It's a bit fast, but I think the problem Suguha was having is that she was keeping too many pint up emotions inside. The second she let it out she was able to relax shortly afterwards (plus it probably helps when another guy likes you). A lot of people are kinda like that actually.
Dec 8, 2012 12:46 PM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
I have a small question about this episode: How come there is no archer seen among the guardians when there were so many of them in the previous episode?

Good question. If you want my pulling it totally out of my rear answer: there is probably some flag that triggers generation of archers as opposed to swordsmen, this trigger was probably related to both how far the enemy penetrated, how many there were, and the attack pattern. In the first attack, after penetrating far enough to activate the first trigger, he then pulled back to recoup making archers more effective. In the second attack, he continued to press the swordsmen, having Lyfa and Recon heal him. Since he never opened up any distance for the archers, and since in a melee swordsmen are far more effective, the archer flag was never triggered. As for why Lyfa and Recon didn't trigger the flag, they never got close enough.

This may seem convenient, but remember that Sugou didn't want this trap to seem overwhelming. He wanted people to keep trying, so I can easily see him having this dual requirement in order to coax people into trying to rush the gate. Had they spawned from the start, that the game was impossible to win would become too apparent. If the trap were obvious, then species would be far more likely to join forces, which he didn't want. As with the rebirth fix, Sugou enjoyed creating conflict, he wanted to breed distrust and betrayal.

Shows the contempt he held for the players.
Dec 8, 2012 12:49 PM

Feb 2012
This was really awesome episode! Loving the soundtrack so much!
Dec 8, 2012 12:51 PM

Oct 2010
belatkuro said:
And no Recon, you are not the MC of this show. You don't get the girl after confessing. And you deserve that punch. Though you did sacrifice yourself, it was a bit pointless. So yeah, being Recon is suffering.
According to my GIF,

being Recon is being friendly, helping, sincere and a good partner. If you notice in the GIF itself you can see Leafa at the end being relieved of her stress by precisely doing to Recon what Kirito did to her. It's a psychological therapeutic means and it worked. You can see after that her resolve and fight with Kirito whom during it she wanted reconciliation but because of what happened before should not UNTIL Recon calmed her down and Pepped her up.

I can even further in the spoiler
tell you that HE SHOWED LOVED twice. He did not let himself down and on the opposite pushed himself to protect Suguha cause he loves her.

I can also emphasize his death in the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2040/begwfgh_zps293430f9.gif
whom he did it with bravery towards Suguha and no one else. He would not give 2 FUCKS OVER KIRITO! It was all Leafa for him that mattered. He was doing it for her and not her brother.

So being Recon is suffering? HAAHHAAHHAAHHAAHAH NOOOOOOOOOOO! It's being a good person in life and to friends and taking Recon's model is a good and positive feedback towards Japanese Society.

That's all and thank you for reading, thank you.
Tyrel said:
ssjokg said:
Zero_r2 said:
wow...dragon riders...arent even 1/10th of what i expected...A-1..WTF..
at least, i hope they make the suguo part as saddist and evil as the LN ...
Takuan_Soho said:
belatkuro said:

But WTF is that bullshit with Kirito's two swords? I expected some fierce dual wielding and cleaving to break through, not a Giga Drill Breaker...

As for no dual wield, remember that skill is not in ALO. The way the attack power is determined is power of weapon, accuracy, and speed. Swinging a second sword would bring no advantage. The drill was also the appropriate means to pierce the guardians: with their spawning capacity, the attacker had to focus on breaking through to the gate at a single point, not widen the attack to create a bigger hole. The spawning could have replaced those that fell as fast as you could cut them.

come on..no, other that gurren laggan that is no solution, besides, kirito doesnt need to use the swords skills (sistem asssit) to be awesome, he can duel blade perfectly without them, and was necessary for him to break the guards deffence with that dual power!

Yeah even the pic of the LN had better dragons.

As for the Dual Drill,it just looks like another miracle power up for the anime only viewer.

In other words more facepalms for me?
DON'T LISTEN TO HIM LIKE THAT! There is nothing wrong in the spoiler
the animation was superb and if you have a problem with it then I suggest to find a way to get more money, go to the studio and tell them I want this and have the money for it to be done. Other than that pray for the BDs to be better. It really drained the money out of the studio. If they could they would do it better and I doubt it's lazyness in general. They pushed themselves so much during this episode, the fighting was the best I have seen next to the demon transformation and last boss fight of SAO. I for one truly appreciate the GIF sequences done other than omitting the killing of the soldiers. They were rushed a little.
Yumekichi11Dec 8, 2012 12:54 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 8, 2012 12:59 PM

Sep 2008
SetsukoHara said:
It's good to see that Sugu got over her heartbreak quickly, but the duel... WHY?

In Japan, to get over the one you love, you must face them in a duel followed by harakiri....pity Sugu didn't follow through as the forced drama made me want to do it for her

all-in-all not a bad episode(not really the best either)....SAO should have either remained an action or stayed as a romcom as it clearly shows the director can't do both
Dec 8, 2012 1:00 PM

Mar 2011
Dec 8, 2012 1:02 PM

Dec 2007
Execution of the plot reached bootom in this ep.

And awesomeness hit Gurren-Lagann standards :)
Dec 8, 2012 1:05 PM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Good question. If you want my pulling it totally out of my rear answer: there is probably some flag that triggers generation of archers as opposed to swordsmen, this trigger was probably related to both how far the enemy penetrated, how many there were, and the attack pattern. In the first attack, after penetrating far enough to activate the first trigger, he then pulled back to recoup making archers more effective. In the second attack, he continued to press the swordsmen, having Lyfa and Recon heal him. Since he never opened up any distance for the archers, and since in a melee swordsmen are far more effective, the archer flag was never triggered. As for why Lyfa and Recon didn't trigger the flag, they never got close enough.
Interesting explanation, but I guess it can also be explained by laziness or absent-mindedness on the part of the animators? And I doubt if the LN gives any explanation (or even tells us if there is no archer in the 2nd attack).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 8, 2012 1:11 PM

Oct 2010
EyZi23 said:
http://i.imgur.com/YLDL6.gif
MOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEE *dies* I tried to render it:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2040/1354979534523_zpsa2937374.jpg
sadly it fails.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 8, 2012 1:13 PM

Jan 2008
GIGA DRILL BUSSSSTTTAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Dec 8, 2012 1:24 PM

Sep 2012
OK. Fight everywhere. But his Giga Drill Breaker...
Dec 8, 2012 1:27 PM

Sep 2012
Recon was the man of this episode.

He even did a Vegeta!
Dec 8, 2012 1:32 PM

Dec 2009
Where's the bucket?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 8, 2012 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed it, as per usual from the last few episodes its picking up well, wish it was all like this but w/e I'm going to take what I'm given.
Dec 8, 2012 1:48 PM

Mar 2012
Kirito used his sword to pierce through the heavens! hundreds of enemies.

Plus, that "duel" was probably the worst in anime history. A black mark in an otherwise great episode.
Dec 8, 2012 1:50 PM
Feb 2008
Isn't the time they can fly limited? Still they're standing and fighting in the air forever ...
Dec 8, 2012 1:52 PM

Oct 2012
amazing... 10/10
i liked the outcome between kirito and suguha...
they also used the proper soundtracks, and great ending!!!
Dec 8, 2012 1:57 PM

Jun 2008
Lirina said:
Isn't the time they can fly limited? Still they're standing and fighting in the air forever ...

That's exactly what I kept thinking!!! I was watching, worrying and waiting for people to just start falling out of the sky TAT

NEED MORREEE lol. I'm so excited for the next episode!!! @_@
Dec 8, 2012 1:58 PM
Jan 2012
i won't that this anime end >.<
Dec 8, 2012 1:58 PM

Sep 2012
Man Kirito was going ham like GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY at the end haha! Can't wait for next episode!
Dec 8, 2012 1:59 PM
Aug 2012
Lirina said:

The anime was too lazy to even mention it... but in the LN, after you accept the grand quest, you're informed to have unlimited usage of your wings inside the world tree.

Overall okay episode. Duel disappointed me, i was expected more clashes (they had like what, 3?) and a lot of reused animation from the dragon fight.
Dec 8, 2012 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
congrats to recon. he finally did something helpful!

but why does every episode end in like the worst cliffhanger ever!!!
Dec 8, 2012 2:12 PM

Apr 2012
Are you people really that surprised about the miraculous "ass pull", plot holes? Look at episode 14. Asuna somehow breaks free of a paralysis status effect just by will power and throws herself at the killing blow lol. Kirito died shortly after and some how resurrected himself like he was the second coming of Christ after he loses to Kayaba Akihiko in a duel. Anyways that new skill he used in this episode fits the name of starburst stream more than the one he used back in SAO, which was a flurry of high speed dual wield attacks. He's technically hacking the system anyways because dual wield is not suppose to be in the skill repertoire of the ALO system. The fact that he is the sole person able to use dual wield gives him much leverage against "plot holes". It's a RPG and he learns new skills. Episode 14 was an example ass pull plot hole. His new skill isn't.
zzzeallyDec 8, 2012 2:21 PM

Dec 8, 2012 2:14 PM

Jan 2008
jediaustind said:

As helpful as it seemed, his entire spotlight was pointless. I mean look, Kirito failed to get through with the help of the self destruct scene. When he did get through, it wasn't because the explosion helped, Kirito's giga drill breaker broke through. Meaning Recon dying was fairly pointless.
Dec 8, 2012 2:16 PM
Sep 2012
Paul said:
jediaustind said:

As helpful as it seemed, his entire spotlight was pointless. I mean look, Kirito failed to get through with the help of the self destruct scene. When he did get through, it wasn't because the explosion helped, Kirito's giga drill breaker broke through. Meaning Recon dying was fairly pointless.
Not true. Recon bought some time since he killed lots of those guardians and shifted some of their focus off Kirito.
Dec 8, 2012 2:22 PM

Jan 2008
AiCon said:
Paul said:
jediaustind said:

Not true. Recon bought some time since he killed lots of those guardians and shifted some of their focus off Kirito.

The fact that they were surprised when the back up showed up means they were not expecting them to show up in the first place. If they had known and stalled normally, it wouldn't have required him to use that spell.

Killing the Guardians shouldn't be an issue considering that they are not required to kill any for the quest itself. It's not like it mattered in the end since Kiritio just broke through them on his own (with Lyfa's sword, which I'm not exactly sure how it even helped).
Dec 8, 2012 2:24 PM

Apr 2012
Paul said:
jediaustind said:

I think he was trying to impress Leafa. There's your purpose.

Dec 8, 2012 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
I feel bad for recon he'll never get that ass...smh lol come on man you just killed yourself in game chill
Sugu shouldn't feel bad Kirito just doesn't like big knockers.....but that's ok I sure do :)
It's sad though this series makes everything look like a walk in the park for Kirito I mean he has no rivals,and automatic mastering of every game automatic unlocks....this dude hacks
Seriously though in an MMO you would find top ranked players and all really good you hardly see high leveled characters in these games other than Kirito. In real life a rank two player gives a rank one a run for his money hence why they are number two....I mean this is an mmo right? Where are the skilled players?
I mean I've been reading the LN and using the wiki for character info this dude has no rivals and reading this anime failed to show some of the beta testers
Amon-RawDec 8, 2012 2:33 PM
Dec 8, 2012 2:32 PM

Oct 2012
TravSavage said:
Kirito used his sword to pierce through the heavens! hundreds of enemies.

Plus, that "duel" was probably the worst in anime history. A black mark in an otherwise great episode.

haha the duel was pretty bad, but yeah I would say he pierced through thousands :P
Dec 8, 2012 2:34 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was pretty good. Although the whole Gurren Lagann-style Giga-Drill bit was not something I'd expected the animators to turn too.

...But alas animating Kirito hacking and slashing his way too the top would have probably been too expensive or they're running out of budget money.

At the same time they really didn't explain how the number of weakish zerg mobz increased in proportion to how far you've gotten to the top to highlight how Sugou is a sadistic scumbag even more. 12 per second was the rate of spawning IIRC?

Also poor Recon lawl, even though he's just a character foil it would be nice if he was developed more.
Dec 8, 2012 2:36 PM

Feb 2012
Who couldn't guess that "Friend & Co" would come and save day?
Dec 8, 2012 2:53 PM

Jun 2012
And again there the is beginning of "The Battle is to the strong", when Kirito and Sugu went for the duel.
It is just funny, that you can hear the drums and exactly when the choir should appear, the choir doesn't appear and the music piece starts from beginning :D
ChepriDec 8, 2012 2:58 PM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Dec 8, 2012 2:54 PM

Aug 2009
I knew that some will call him OP(again) because of the Dual Drill.Thank you A-1.
Dec 8, 2012 2:59 PM
Sep 2012
Paul said:
AiCon said:
Paul said:
jediaustind said:

The fact that they were surprised when the back up showed up means they were not expecting them to show up in the first place. If they had known and stalled normally, it wouldn't have required him to use that spell.

Killing the Guardians shouldn't be an issue considering that they are not required to kill any for the quest itself. It's not like it mattered in the end since Kiritio just broke through them on his own (with Lyfa's sword, which I'm not exactly sure how it even helped).
That's true that they didn't know about the back up showing up, but that doesn't change much. Recon still bought time and shifted some of the attention away from Kirito and Suguha. By killing some of those guardians, he relieved some of the pressure off Kirito who would have been overwhelmed sooner before help arrived.
IconicDec 8, 2012 3:02 PM
Dec 8, 2012 2:59 PM

Aug 2008
I forget, is there any reason Kirito can't get a second sword before heading out..or does he have to use another players?
Dec 8, 2012 3:00 PM

Apr 2011
Sorry Recon, but Sugu-chan isn't for you. She still belongs to his onii-chan and nothing else. :P

How did he get that card? Did I miss something last episode?
Dec 8, 2012 3:00 PM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:
I forget, is there any reason Kirito can't get a second sword before heading out..or does he have to use another players?

I guess that he never thought about Dual before the fight with Eugene.And right after that he gave all of his money to the Lords....
Dec 8, 2012 3:01 PM

Aug 2009
Magito said:
Sorry Recon, but Sugu-chan isn't for you. She still belongs to his onii-chan and nothing else. :P

How did he get that card? Did I miss something last episode?
Yes.Asuna dropped it in the beginning of the ep.
Dec 8, 2012 3:02 PM

Aug 2008
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:

I guess that he never thought about Dual before the fight with Eugene.And right after that he gave all of his money to the Lords....

Lawl poor Kirito...
Dec 8, 2012 3:02 PM
Sep 2012
hyperknees91 said:
His sword is a two-handed sword while his previous ones were one-handed.
Dec 8, 2012 3:05 PM

May 2010
If people like the LN so much, stop watching the anime.
Sick of the these "the LN is better comments".
If you think so, go read the LN again then.
Dec 8, 2012 3:08 PM

May 2011
Hirouey said:
If people like the LN so much, stop watching the anime.
Sick of the these "the LN is better comments".
If you think so, go read the LN again then.

They aren't mindlessly bashing it, and are providing reasons why its better. And why would anyone stop now, only 3 episodes left.
RockerXDDec 8, 2012 3:19 PM
Dec 8, 2012 3:09 PM

Aug 2008
AiCon said:
hyperknees91 said:
His sword is a two-handed sword while his previous ones were one-handed.

He still dual wields with it though (HAX).
Dec 8, 2012 3:17 PM

Jun 2009
Cmon UTW where are the subsssssssss.
Dec 8, 2012 3:18 PM

Feb 2012
can someone please explain why he can still dual wield.

i thought he lost his ability to do that we he went into the new game
Dec 8, 2012 3:20 PM

May 2011
savl0n said:
can someone please explain why he can still dual wield.

i thought he lost his ability to do that we he went into the new game

Think of it as this, DW in SAO is a stance, in ALO, its not a stance, its just equipping a weapon to your main hand and off hand, so anyone can do it.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.