Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2012 5:58 AM
Feb 2008
Happy times for Mamoru. lol
Dec 8, 2012 6:04 AM

Nov 2011
Kurini said:
I found it so weird when they started to kiss when Satoru was like... looking at them... whatever...

I'm glad that they seems to remember the girl in their team! I hope Saki'll remeber Shun very soon!

And I love this episode's animation! :)
Omg, I can't wait for the next episode! More revelations!!

I wonder if Satoru joined them for a threesome.
The Art of Eight
Dec 8, 2012 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
regardless of everything else, PERFECT SCORE FOR THIS EPISODE'S ANIMATION. Seriously,it's so smooth and well rounded
Dec 8, 2012 7:20 AM
Jan 2012
first they had heart warming group hug, then saki and maria started kissing with satoru hugging them.... practically went... WHATTTT?! O.O
Dec 8, 2012 7:23 AM
Sep 2012
Satoru's grandma really young, I don't think she's his grandma, more like mindcontroler. I wonder if she knew about the truth of their world's history

After Homo fest in episode 8, I'm so glad those children come back to the right path :D

Look like saki will hunting fiend next episode
Dec 8, 2012 7:48 AM

Apr 2008
Nhaz said:
i think the one who alter their memories are their own parents/guardians, they are also cantus user, the parents can easily alter their memories for example, when they are sleeping..
Having a special "re-education" comission is a lot more reasonable choice. Rijin is supposed to bring the group back to the temple, probably to seal away the memory about their contact with Minoshiro.
Mind control techniques are too dangerous to give to that much peoples.

Remember, they're all raised in that kind of environment and even the adults should still be susceptible to the spells. Wouldn't it be too risky to give everyone the knowledge about how to hit your neighbour's backdoor ?
Dec 8, 2012 8:10 AM

Jan 2012
Mamoru really is too weak... he pissed me off a little ^^'
I'm glad Saki 'remembered' that Ryou isn't Shun...
I'm sad that he isn't here anymore...
Dec 8, 2012 8:13 AM

Nov 2011
HongISfirE said:

After Homo fest in episode 8, I'm so glad those children come back to the right path :D

did you miss the lesbian kiss? and LOL at right path
The Art of Eight
Dec 8, 2012 8:22 AM

Jul 2012
dankickyou said:
The art and animation looked different this episode. I liked it, very smooth. How old are they suppose to be now? I must say I enjoy watching the characters grow up and mature (minus the creepy memory erasing thingy)

they are 14 now.

Wild_Boy said:
Also, Satoru seems to have matured a bit. Since the time skip, he has lacked the cheekiness he had prior to it. Too bad, I kinda liked that about him.

ikr. ;u; i actually like 12-year-old satoru better than teenage satoru, his bratty-ness was fun and cute, i miss it. :c
Dec 8, 2012 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
walk said:
dankickyou said:
The art and animation looked different this episode. I liked it, very smooth. How old are they suppose to be now? I must say I enjoy watching the characters grow up and mature (minus the creepy memory erasing thingy)

they are 14 now.

Wild_Boy said:
Also, Satoru seems to have matured a bit. Since the time skip, he has lacked the cheekiness he had prior to it. Too bad, I kinda liked that about him.

ikr. ;u; i actually like 12-year-old satoru better than teenage satoru, his bratty-ness was fun and cute, i miss it. :c

Hmm how long has it been since Shun disappeared? a few months?
The Art of Eight
Dec 8, 2012 8:34 AM

Jul 2012
dankickyou said:
Hmm how long has it been since Shun disappeared? a few months?

seems so. he disappeared in autumn, and now it's winter. (・ε・ )
Dec 8, 2012 8:36 AM
Dec 2009
Really great episode, same as last week. The episode went by extremely quickly. Saki is pretty badass as usual. I had to flick through episode to remember Reiko, it appears someone casted a cantus on me as well :S...

ROFLed hard when Saki was hugging Maria and Satoru was like "...gotta get me some of that..!" and moved in for the threesome :D

I actually was glad Mamoru freaked out... I was begin to get worried for Saki and the others... But then they were screwed in the end anyway... :(

I gotta say, this is one of the few anime in which I have become slightly emotionally invested in due to the story and characters. I usually don't care of a character dies or is in trouble... I hope Saki stays stealthy with her investigation and stays safe from the adults

I wonder if Saki and Satoru remember their adventure with the queerats?
Dec 8, 2012 9:16 AM

Mar 2012
Mamoru is being soo fucking annoying..
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Dec 8, 2012 9:43 AM

May 2011
Somehow... This was probably my favorite episode with the last one ( tho I liked animation in this one more than last one, close up on Saki aren't for me I guess lol). I've got to love Saki for being so curious at times and quick at understanding when something isn't right. Too bad she can't clearly remember Shun tho. Wondering why is she doing dreams leading her in the right path all the time tho.
...It's too convenient for me to just accept it.

I'm interested about The Girl in First Episode, Saki's Sister and Shun. Shun was 'exiled' because he was losing control off his own Cantus because his Cantus is linked to his inner self kinda like Freud's theory. I'm wondering if this got anything to do with having a strong Cantus. I'm thinking it does but I don't remember seeing it in the anime at all. Maybe I just assumed it does. If I am right then, Shun was at risk, turned into a Demon and was Exiled. However, when he tried to hatch his egg, it didn't work out very well. The Girl in the first episodes wasn't good with her Cantus. When they did the 'drawing' chain kinda she was the one to screw up in the end. Was it because her Cantus wasn't strong enough... or because she wasn't able to control it correctly like it happened to Shun... We don't know much about Saki's sister but, from the inscription on the mirror we can assume she's wasn't very good with her Cantus because it's sloppy however, Satoru says that is doesn't necessarily mean she wasn't a good Cantus user either. Same problem than the girl and Shun when he lost it, maybe ?

Just making assumption here but, the only other situation when a student was exiled so far was the boy when they made the competition with the boulders to move into the hole. He was exiled because he had a dangerous behavior. So... you get exiled if you are a dangerous person with bad intention or if you lose control of your inner self and Cantus like Shun. The girl and Saki's sister didn't seems like they had a dangerous behavior to me so it's got to be the other way around with breaking down like Shun.

I wish they can fully remember Shun one day. =/
Dec 8, 2012 10:12 AM

Jul 2012
^ dreams have always been regarded as a connection to our subconscious? so i'm assuming that's how she dreamed about shun but can't seem to remember who he is. they can erase what you can remember, but they can never fully erase them from your unconscious mind. that's why saki and the others are still able to remember bits and pieces as they start digging deeper into their minds and pulling that information out.

and your assumption isn't just an assumption, it's the truth. (・ε・ ) the boy (manabu) in the second episode, displayed characteristics unfavorable for their society. he was manipulative and a cheater. as for reiko (the girl from the first episode)'s situation, children who were unable to control their cantus well are also removed, most likely also because they had the potential to become dangerous. a situation they didn't depict in the anime, when they were building the house of cards, one of reiko's cards just flew out of nowhere in completely the wrong direction, and she had no idea how it happened. it would be a huge risk to allow her to continue like that, as her cantus grew more powerful, but she was unable to manipulate it to her will.
Dec 8, 2012 10:58 AM
Oct 2010
I really enjoyed this episode.
I don't really get the relationship between maria/saki/satoru at the moment, though.

Also, Mamoru was so annoying this episode... >_>
Dec 8, 2012 11:14 AM

May 2011
walk said:
^ dreams have always been regarded as a connection to our subconscious? so i'm assuming that's how she dreamed about shun but can't seem to remember who he is. they can erase what you can remember, but they can never fully erase them from your unconscious mind. that's why saki and the others are still able to remember bits and pieces as they start digging deeper into their minds and pulling that information out.

When you put it this way... it makes a lot more sense. I didn't think about it this way. Thx ;)
So the subconscious part of themselves remember making her dream about it. Saki and Satoru having a strong bond with Shun both accepts more easily that Ryou isn't the one to go with them on the Summer Camp Trip... so it was someone else. Probably explain why she had a little piece of memory with her sister in previous episodes.

Regarding her sister, Saki doesn't remember but, it seems like her mother remembers. In the first couple of episode, her mother was worried about losing another child. Wondering if it is also the unconscious or if she really does remember her other child clearly unlike the group with Shun. I hope we end up knowing more about Saki's Sister! I'm curious.

walk said:
as for reiko (the girl from the first episode)'s situation, children who were unable to control their cantus well are also removed, most likely also because they had the potential to become dangerous. a situation they didn't depict in the anime, when they were building the house of cards, one of reiko's cards just flew out of nowhere in completely the wrong direction, and she had no idea how it happened. it would be a huge risk to allow her to continue like that, as her cantus grew more powerful, but she was unable to manipulate it to her will.

That scene would probably make it more easy for everyone to relate her story to Shun. Saki's sister probably lived with a similar problem I guess. I always thought Reiko was too weak and couldn't really get why they would just get rid of a weak child but, this makes a lot more sense. She wasn't weak. Her Cantus was actually stronger than she could handle kinda.

Children with stronger Cantus are way more at Risk than others then. Like Shun, his was pretty strong. Meaning Satoru would be at risk more than Saki of losing control, I guess.

That's interesting ! =)
Dec 8, 2012 11:24 AM

Jul 2012
Bouum said:
I always thought Reiko was too weak and couldn't really get why they would just get rid of a weak child but, this makes a lot more sense. She wasn't weak. Her Cantus was actually stronger than she could handle kinda.

Children with stronger Cantus are way more at Risk than others then. Like Shun, his was pretty strong. Meaning Satoru would be at risk more than Saki of losing control, I guess.

That's interesting ! =)

maybe my post didn't explain it well. (◞‸◟;) i think reiko was weak. her cantus wasn't stronger than the other's, per se, but it was just too strong for her consciousness to handle. it's confusing, but i think it's quite different from shun's situation. anyway yes, i also agree that children with stronger cantus are more at risk. (・ε・ ) but as long as your will is stronger, then it should be okay. that's why the adults are constantly monitoring the kids' progress, to make sure that their minds are still steady.
Dec 8, 2012 11:44 AM

May 2011
walk said:

maybe my post didn't explain it well. (◞‸◟;) i think reiko was weak. her cantus wasn't stronger than the other's, per se, but it was just too strong for her consciousness to handle. it's confusing, but i think it's quite different from shun's situation. anyway yes, i also agree that children with stronger cantus are more at risk. (・ε・ ) but as long as your will is stronger, then it should be okay. that's why the adults are constantly monitoring the kids' progress, to make sure that their minds are still steady.

Also why the Priest didn't seem to care about average children when he came in Classroom.
Alright. I misunderstood then about Reiko. Cantus stronger than her herself made it dangerous. Her mind was actually pretty weak ! In that way it is different than Shun, yah, but the result is the same. Losing Control over it at some point. Thing is, unlike what I first thought, she wasn't getting rid of just because she wasn't a very strong Cantus user but because she was too weak to control it properly.

You seems to know a lot. I have a little question that's been unclear for me so far maybe you know a little about it; In their world, does everyone have a Cantus ? What if someone was born without being able to use it ? Or... like when Saki and the others got their Cantus sealed in the forest, what would happen if they came home without their powers ? They wouldn't be dangerous for others but, I haven't seen anyone without those powers yet. So the Human Race... all of them became 'Psychic' kinda ? It wasn't very clear for me after the Minishiro conversation in the beginning and nothing really explained it after either.
Dec 8, 2012 12:06 PM

Jul 2012
Bouum said:
You seems to know a lot. I have a little question that's been unclear for me so far maybe you know a little about it; In their world, does everyone have a Cantus ? What if someone was born without being able to use it ? Or... like when Saki and the others got their Cantus sealed in the forest, what would happen if they came home without their powers ? They wouldn't be dangerous for others but, I haven't seen anyone without those powers yet. So the Human Race... all of them became 'Psychic' kinda ? It wasn't very clear for me after the Minishiro conversation in the beginning and nothing really explained it after either.

hahaha, well, i'm glad it seems like i know a lot. (。-`▿´-) but it's really because this is story is literally all i think about all the time, i am just so passionate about it. ;u;

in their village, most likely everyone has cantus. as they said, it's a power that manifests from the subconscious. so as long as that exists (and it exists in everyone), than so would this power. don't forget though, we don't know anything about their world beyond their own village. the minoshiro said that in northeast asia, the human race split into four groups, one of which did not possess psychokinesis. so not only do we not yet know anything about these other groups, but we don't know about the rest of the world beyond northeast asia either. who knows what kind of other people live on the outside? so we can't jump to any conclusions regarding that yet.

the priest rijin only sealed their powers temporarily for good measure when he caught them doing something they weren't supposed to (that is, being in a place they weren't permitted and learning forbidden knowledge). as he said, he was going to take them to the temple and could not allow them back to their village until priest mushin learned about this and dealt with them, the temple would be the one we saw in the first episode. most likely, they would be put through the first episode's ritual again, where they would be "cleansed", and the information that they learned up at mount tsukuba would be erased.
walkDec 8, 2012 12:09 PM
Dec 8, 2012 1:17 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode! This just keeps getting better and better.
The group is aware that their memories were manipulated. Their subconscious stills remember Shun. Mamoru is too afraid to pursue the matter further. I guess that goes along with his character - being the weakest of the whole group.
I like Saki's perseverance. Despite what Maria said, she promised to not mention anything in front of Mamoru, but she would still keep looking for answers. She won't give up that easily n.n
I'm glad Saki and Satoru became partners :D

I really want to know what secrets will be unraveled in the conversation between Saki and Tomiko Asahina.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Dec 8, 2012 1:35 PM

Oct 2012
Conspiration, conspirate, conspirators... something is really a mess :)
I just wonder if they also changed Ryou's memories or if it is an act.
Dec 8, 2012 1:46 PM
Nov 2012
Hopefully Satoru will be badass again in the final arc.

If someone read the novel can he tell if he will be a badass again?

I want to know, I don't like how he acts now. I miss the old Satoru ):
Dec 8, 2012 2:12 PM

Feb 2010
Revolutionize the world Saki!

...something tells me the head of the committee, gma.... is going to tell Saki to do just that...
Dec 8, 2012 2:24 PM

Jun 2011
They forgot Shun... this is getting interesting with the investigation and so on.
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Dec 8, 2012 2:57 PM

May 2011
walk said:
hahaha, well, i'm glad it seems like i know a lot. (。-`▿´-) but it's really because this is story is literally all i think about all the time, i am just so passionate about it. ;u;

Ahaha I'll give you that, It's easy to become passionate about it. It's so interesting ! There's time when I wish I could read the Novel of many show and just buy them at the Library like any book =P I want to know but... but I don't want to wait for another Week and then another =P

walk said:
in their village, most likely everyone has cantus. as they said, it's a power that manifests from the subconscious. so as long as that exists (and it exists in everyone), than so would this power. don't forget though, we don't know anything about their world beyond their own village. the minoshiro said that in northeast asia, the human race split into four groups, one of which did not possess psychokinesis. so not only do we not yet know anything about these other groups, but we don't know about the rest of the world beyond northeast asia either. who knows what kind of other people live on the outside? so we can't jump to any conclusions regarding that yet.

So they still exist ! And the Psychotic Power conflict with normal human was probably found all over the world too. I tend to forget the whole world isn't limited to their tiny village xD
I might be taking this too far but... oh well... Guessing if both parent are Psychic then their Child would be too but, I mean... If they had a normal child by 'chance' like we sometimes get like.. blue eyes even tho both Parents got brown or... it's like the normal gene completely disappear and they all got the one with the ability to use their Cantus.

All of this remind me of 'The Village' Movie somehow... Pretty sure none of them left the village and forest around it in a freaking long time... !

walk said:
the priest rijin only sealed their powers temporarily for good measure when he caught them doing something they weren't supposed to (that is, being in a place they weren't permitted and learning forbidden knowledge). as he said, he was going to take them to the temple and could not allow them back to their village until priest mushin learned about this and dealt with them, the temple would be the one we saw in the first episode. most likely, they would be put through the first episode's ritual again, where they would be "cleansed", and the information that they learned up at mount tsukuba would be erased.

Make sense. Even more knowing they can alter one's memories. Or they would get rid of them like they did with dangerous people. Knowing all this is probably a threat to the Society they live in.

The thing about that part with the Priest that is bothering me is... As Shun was about to Leave the Village, he told Saki that the Adults knew what they did in the Summer Camp (if I remember right). However, the adults did nothing to solve the problem (if it was one)... maybe it wasn't even a problem in the first place but if it wasn't, why would the Priest take them somewhere. He did say he would bring them to the Priest but I am wondering if he was from the village at all...

Just some random thoughts ! lol
Dec 8, 2012 3:16 PM

Jul 2012
Bouum said:
The thing about that part with the Priest that is bothering me is... As Shun was about to Leave the Village, he told Saki that the Adults knew what they did in the Summer Camp (if I remember right). However, the adults did nothing to solve the problem (if it was one)... maybe it wasn't even a problem in the first place but if it wasn't, why would the Priest take them somewhere. He did say he would bring them to the Priest but I am wondering if he was from the village at all...

Just some random thoughts ! lol

nope, the priest was legit lol. the adults found out through some other means, but that's a spoiler.

Dec 8, 2012 3:26 PM

Mar 2011
Nice stuff again.

It looks like Saki's love for Shun is breaking her hypnotism. And now all three of them are being called in front of the ethics commitee, the head of which is supposed to be 'nice'.

No sir, I don't like it!
Dec 8, 2012 4:19 PM

Mar 2012
I didn't like the previous episode. But this one was good.
Dec 8, 2012 5:26 PM

May 2011
Bouum said:
....The thing about that part with the Priest that is bothering me is... As Shun was about to Leave the Village, he told Saki that the Adults knew what they did in the Summer Camp (if I remember right).

Now the thing with that is. How did they know. was there special animals that could spy on them? or was someone like Mamoru running scared to the adults and telling them.

It seemed rather convenient that after Mamoru left, Saki, Maria, Satoru continued discussing what they found out and the three were called to the ethics committee and Mamoru wasn't there. it seems like its being set up as Mamoru being the rat. I just hope it's "animal spies" or something else.

I remember the first episode with the "beware of seeing cats" theme. I always felt it was like something was wrong with you if you seen one.

It wasn't til the Shun's death did i realize "beware of the cats" meant you or someone close to you has been marked for death by the ethics committee and the cats make little distinction to whom they go after once they close in on you.

The cat Saki saw in the first episode was there to slaughter her "defective" sister. One can only assume the same fates of the two kids from the school. I can't even imagine what happened to all the kids from their "pre-cantus" school. Given the great lengths they goto to keep cantus users pure and perfect. The imperfection of non-cantus people could be seen as disposable garbage.
Dec 8, 2012 5:32 PM

Oct 2011
PrometheusZero said:
Nice stuff again.

It looks like Saki's love for Shun is breaking her hypnotism. And now all three of them are being called in front of the ethics commitee, the head of which is supposed to be 'nice'.

No sir, I don't like it!

Saki is just impossible to control by "force", so I think they will use a softer method:

Give her knowledge and bind her with responsabilities.

It's a method that need more work and surveillance, but this way you don't waste potential.

In the short preview, the head of the commitee say "It's a task only you can accomplish" <= perfect "trap"
Dec 8, 2012 5:38 PM

Apr 2008
Saki also asked in the preview, so is this all planned ?
Someone in the old novel spoiler thread did say the adults are turning blind eyes on what happened to Saki's group for a reason. So maybe they're prepared (or Saki is prepared, seeing from where her actions lead her)
Bouum said:
I'm interested about The Girl in First Episode, Saki's Sister and Shun. Shun was 'exiled' because he was losing control off his own Cantus because his Cantus is linked to his inner self kinda like Freud's theory. I'm wondering if this got anything to do with having a strong Cantus. I'm thinking it does but I don't remember seeing it in the anime at all. Maybe I just assumed it does. If I am right then, Shun was at risk, turned into a Demon and was Exiled.
It's not shown, but Shun, being bright enough, probably went to the exile on his own. He know about the base of their power from the library and Saki's mother also gave him literatures that fill in the blanks. After knowing that, he spent the preparation to get away from his friends and said good bye to Saki.
Shun said that the adults tried to fix his control, but it's already beyond repair, so they must've also explained the situation to him and luckily he can accept the situation.

But being powerful is not necessary making someone into a demon. Remember, if they're not exaggerating, Kaburaki is "strong enough to split the earth in two". If Shun trained his power, he could become powerful cantus user and even taken as part of the system. But his personality left him with so much things in his mind that could make his power leak out.

Just making assumption here but, the only other situation when a student was exiled so far was the boy when they made the competition with the boulders to move into the hole. He was exiled because he had a dangerous behavior. So... you get exiled if you are a dangerous person with bad intention or if you lose control of your inner self and Cantus like Shun.
For the boy in eps 2. My assumption has been that he had risk of turning into something worse than Shun.
Their death mechanism and anti-violence instinct work by having their unconsciousness reject the idea of hurting other human. But someone that has no problem against hurting other human could render the mechanism inactive and turning the person into Akki if he went into killing frenzy. Satoru has gone to power trip during the rat war. Now imagine someone going through that and can only channel it against other human.

Like psychopaths, they're just like any other human, only that they don't feel cutting human to pieces is any different from cutting paper to pieces.
nseikaDec 8, 2012 5:43 PM
Dec 8, 2012 5:52 PM
Jan 2008
Bouum said:

That scene would probably make it more easy for everyone to relate her story to Shun. Saki's sister probably lived with a similar problem I guess. I always thought Reiko was too weak and couldn't really get why they would just get rid of a weak child but, this makes a lot more sense. She wasn't weak. Her Cantus was actually stronger than she could handle kinda.

The manga, although straying from the original source a bit too much and inducing a lot of ecchi scenes, actually portrayed Reiko as an enjoyable character and I would recommend people to check it out if not for the bathing scenes of which I know people in the community tend to dislike. Reiko definitely improved, but like Saki's sister, she was still inept at using her Cantus and during the competition, although she was going strong (not as good as the other members), one of her cards went off and hit Mari's cards causing them to lose. But Walk basically outlined the reasoning for her disappearance. :)
Dec 8, 2012 6:43 PM

Jan 2009
I am waiting for them to mess something up, no way I can enjoy an anime this much.
Dec 8, 2012 7:22 PM
Oct 2012
these cliffhangers in this anime... goddammit
Dec 8, 2012 7:44 PM

Aug 2011
I love how Saki, Satoru, and Maria came to remember Shun's existence as well as that other girl who just disappeared without an explanation early on in the series. Mamoru really needs to either suck it up or get killed off. Shit's gonna go down next episode. Asahina Tomiko looks extremely young for a grandma...
Dec 8, 2012 8:04 PM

May 2011
Cirris said:
Now the thing with that is. How did they know. was there special animals that could spy on them? or was someone like Mamoru running scared to the adults and telling them.

Well... Walk pretty much answer that question already if you're interested it's in Previous Page in Spoiler...

Cirris said:
It seemed rather convenient that after Mamoru left, Saki, Maria, Satoru continued discussing what they found out and the three were called to the ethics committee and Mamoru wasn't there. it seems like its being set up as Mamoru being the rat. I just hope it's "animal spies" or something else.

I doubt that's the case but... Who knows. I don't see Mamoru as this kind of character so far (actually I see Maria in this role more than him lol) but, It could be a possibility I guess.

Cirris said:
I remember the first episode with the "beware of seeing cats" theme. I always felt it was like something was wrong with you if you seen one. It wasn't til the Shun's death did i realize "beware of the cats" meant you or someone close to you has been marked for death by the ethics committee and the cats make little distinction to whom they go after once they close in on you. The cat Saki saw in the first episode was there to slaughter her "defective" sister. One can only assume the same fates of the two kids from the school. I can't even imagine what happened to all the kids from their "pre-cantus" school. Given the great lengths they goto to keep cantus users pure and perfect. The imperfection of non-cantus people could be seen as disposable garbage.

When Saki dreams of the Cat, her sister is already gone. I think. I'm thinking it was a memory of the time when her sister got taken instead like she is currently having dreams about Shun even tho she shouldn't remember. It's pretty much the same but she dreamed of her sister. Just my way of seeing it but, from what I understand her sister was gone before the beginning of the anime. I'm thinking it's just a memory that should be erased but still pop up from her subconscious like I discussed with Walk earlier.

nseika said:
It's not shown, but Shun, being bright enough, probably went to the exile on his own. He know about the base of their power from the library and Saki's mother also gave him literatures that fill in the blanks. After knowing that, he spent the preparation to get away from his friends and said good bye to Saki.
Shun said that the adults tried to fix his control, but it's already beyond repair, so they must've also explained the situation to him and luckily he can accept the situation.

Actually... He said it himself.

nseika said:
But being powerful is not necessary making someone into a demon. Remember, if they're not exaggerating, Kaburaki is "strong enough to split the earth in two". If Shun trained his power, he could become powerful cantus user and even taken as part of the system. But his personality left him with so much things in his mind that could make his power leak out.

Everything depends on whether you can control it or not with your consciousness. Kaburaki is a stronger Cantus user but he is able to control it. Shun lost it because his consciousness couldn't keep up kinda. I'll keep repeating what Walk and I said already ( doesn't seems like you've read maybe you should ) Being powerful DOES NOT make you into a Demon. However, use logic a little... If your power are stronger you, yourself, need to be stronger too so you can keep up with it and control it correctly. Reiko was unable to do so even if her power wasn't stronger than ordinary because she couldn't do it.

It's quite easy to understand if you compare it to Freud's Theory about the subconscious, conscious and the 'Gardian' drawing the line between the two.

nseika said:
For the boy in eps 2. My assumption has been that he had risk of turning into something worse than Shun. Their death mechanism and anti-violence instinct work by having their unconsciousness reject the idea of hurting other human. But someone that has no problem against hurting other human could render the mechanism inactive and turning the person into Akki if he went into killing frenzy. Satoru has gone to power trip during the rat war. Now imagine someone going through that and can only channel it against other human.

Like psychopaths, they're just like any other human, only that they don't feel cutting human to pieces is any different from cutting paper to pieces.

Already said that he was dangerous and they had to get rid of him. I didn't think It would completely remove the idea of killing another human tho but that's possible and... making him even more dangerous.
After killing a human anyway, he would start to feel bad anyway. The Priest in the First Few episodes felt VERY bad after killing the image of a human the Minishiro showed him. Imagine if he had kill a human. He wouldn't go far. After all, their society is of Peace and Love. Of course, they would get rid of a kid showing this young a behavior that doesn't fit in their society.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now...

walk said:
nope, the priest was legit lol. the adults found out through some other means, but that's a spoiler.

Aw ! That guy, I knew it !!!!! =P I felt like they couldn't trust him. I thought he was actually up to something fishing the whole episode with Satoru killing those guy like crazy until he collapses. Wouldn't guess he'd do that tho.

And I thought the Priest could be a Fake ! lol xD

However, this makes me think that the Adults in the village are up to something then. They knew the whole story but they didn't do a thing to them for what happened... Must be a reason behind that.
Dec 8, 2012 8:09 PM

Nov 2008
Don't be nervous?! I was nervous as heck for her.

Also I found that kiss to be really random and out of place..there just wasn't any need for it. And Satoru there hugging them....???? Yeah....NO.

Anyways, overall really good episode.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Dec 8, 2012 8:28 PM

Aug 2011
KISS KISS FALL IN LURVE
Dec 8, 2012 9:35 PM

Nov 2011
The developments! The turn of events! The yuri... The excitement!
I can't wait for the next episode!
—Actually, nevermind.
Dec 8, 2012 11:58 PM

Feb 2012
Nice ep~ Can't wait to know what that task is :D
Dec 9, 2012 12:14 AM
Nov 2012
After watching this i'm still feeling like I've got no idea what's going on. I'll probably just have to go and re-watch what's out again.
"Feelings of love are just a temporary lapse in judgement. Like a kind of mental illness."
- Suzumiya Haruhi
Dec 9, 2012 2:50 AM

Jul 2011
This is the episode where my rating for this anime gone back up to 10!! the beautiful art is back and the suspense is so delicious :P

As much as i hate cowards, i couldn't disagree with what Mamoru did, it's not wrong trying to obey the rules, he seems like the type who gets paranoid when things didn't go the way it should be, i know some people like that... And oh i miss Reiko the clumsy moe girl we just saw in episode 1~

I'm still sad over the fact that we (probably) wont see Shun anymore... No... His voice is not enough :'(

Bouum said:

I doubt that's the case but... Who knows. I don't see Mamoru as this kind of character so far (actually I see Maria in this role more than him lol) but, It could be a possibility I guess..

me too, i think Maria is fine but it seems like there's something behind that redhead's sassy fun caring personality, and how could we forget what Saki said at the end of episode 2
"I think if Maria had never been born unto this world, then untold numbers could have been spared"
------------

I agree with everyone, it seems like there's no stupid jerks in ShinsekaiYori's discussion board anymore, thank God for episode 8
Dec 9, 2012 7:58 AM

Aug 2011
ohh nobody can remember Shun =(
Dec 9, 2012 8:01 AM

Jul 2012
Cool episode. I start to enjoy this anime.
Dec 9, 2012 9:24 AM

Oct 2007
Just when someone finally start picking up wood and start a fire, and they have to stop it there? Damn it.

It is always interesting and exciting when a show starts showing a character that do thing differently from others in the show.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 9, 2012 12:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Stellar episode.

Plot twist is going to follow.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 9, 2012 3:32 PM

Jun 2011
Meanwhile I just feel really sorry for Ryou.
His life and memories were changed to replace another boy,
be friends with those he hardly knew and not remember the friends he really had as well...
Dec 9, 2012 5:56 PM

Dec 2011
Finally something about Reiko... My heart stopped in this episode, so exciting !

#dorothy
Probally he really got changed memories, but won't tell about Shun's lessons and there is something wrong with.

Sorry for my bad English, lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2012 6:14 PM
Dec 2012
I think this series is pretty interesting ,it may be dealing with the problems of a "perfect" society, I mean, to be perfect the society cannot have anybody that's out of the line, so if their capability to control their cantus is weak, then it's already a problem, if they are too powerful, another problem, too weak and so on.
Even if it’s for maintaining peace, our values wouldn’t allow such system. This questions me into: Would you live in a society like this even if it could offer you a peaceful and free of wars environment? Disappearing with people that don’t fit in the normal category, this is similar to dictatorship, but with powers even greater to shut people. If you follow the rules there won’t be any trouble, so in this aspect Mamoru has his sense.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.