Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 15, 2014 2:56 PM

Jan 2009
1. saki x maria hugging and kissing made me squeel like a fangirl

2. plot is somewhat interesting: find out who da hell jumbled our memories and maybe try to kill/stop them.

3. i'm not even emotionally invested in the characters for me to keep going. 1 more episode and i'm dropping.

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 23, 2014 3:32 PM

Aug 2009
Mamoru needs to man the fuck up!!!!

Apr 28, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
So all their memory were altered. I didn't expected that. They didn't seemed to alterate people memory when people were dissapearing, I guess Shun was special case.

I like how we can exactly see what Shun meant by the problem being the human heart. Even if they knew that it was painful and that it would probably cost their loss, they continued to go for the truth.

It's sad to see that Maboru is more a burden to their group. At one point, he will probably be a turning point collapsing them.

There are two type of divergence, the people who become so trouble internaly that they become a ''karma demon'' and the people that can't handle properly their Juryoku. We know that the first one, they isolate him and give him a place to die alone and the second, they take them out when they are young and dissapear. But what happen to them after, do they kill them? It would surprise me, I'm pretty sure we will see her sister at some point.

Now the ethic committee headchief. What will she talk about with Saki. She seem to give a mission to Saki and I guess it will be important. Maria did said that she had a stronger will than the normal.
minouneetzoeApr 28, 2014 1:49 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 31, 2014 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
this is getting more interesting
i just hope they don't "revive" shun... that would be a mess
also, kinda rooting for satoru x saki
Jun 14, 2014 9:10 PM

Nov 2012
People's mind being altered shouldn't be a surprise at this point. Take Reiko's disappearance and how everyone had forgotten about her. Also, it took me 11 episodes to figure out that Mamoru is a guy. He needs to stop being annoying.
Jun 26, 2014 10:22 AM

Feb 2014
Man, that pansy Mamoru makes me want to punch him the face. Then again, like Maria said, I get that not everyone can handle the truth. He (and the group) would be better off if he stops hanging out with these "meddling kids".
So the reason why they weren't disposed off long ago (after the summer camp) is because Satoru's grandma was pulling the strings? And this is the first episode I actually liked and enjoyed from beginning to end.
Jul 7, 2014 3:55 PM

Jan 2014
Memory alteration. Just as I suspected.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 10, 2014 3:55 AM

Jan 2014
Already planning a rewatch. Fantastic anime so far. I love the ED more and more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2014 4:35 PM

Jun 2009
Kind of digged this episode. Pretty interesting how their memories have been altered to forget Shun and the girl, Reiko (?), from the start. Explains how "easily" they took disappearances up to now. They didn't even remember they existed.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 1, 2014 1:50 PM

Feb 2011
was there really the need to alter their memories? :/ damn commitee
good they realized there was something off, that little tick everytime they try to remember...

@SanaeSnake
"Also, it took me 11 episodes to figure out that Mamoru is a guy. "
took me 8, but yeah xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 19, 2014 1:58 AM

Sep 2011
They finally remember Reiko, poor girl, and Mamoru being a p#ssy like always.
Oct 1, 2014 12:12 AM

Jan 2014
Altered memories. They don't remember Shun's name and face. Interesting.
Oct 1, 2014 4:48 PM

Oct 2013
One of the better made episodes so far. Still, knowing that the show has time skips leaves me wondering if there just was one and they're now older than 14 or if the dynamics of the school are just different due to the memory alterations. They keep trying to throw in cliffhanger endings but the timing and music (or lack thereof) doesn't build the right tension, so it's just a fail. Directors needed to watch Code Geass cliffhangers and take notes.
Oct 26, 2014 11:26 PM

Jun 2014
AiCon said:
KingCez said:
mamoru such a lil bitch
No wonder why he's the only one who hasn't been with anyone. LOL

Word what a pussy. Hes the only straight one too, ironically
Nov 6, 2014 6:36 PM

Jul 2014
I'm enjoying these characters a lot. Saki is so strong, curious, and I guess seeks logical answers with no harmful intention... she's very determined. Maria is very smart and understanding of everyone... and attractive. Satou has grown into a character I actually enjoy compared to the first arc where I really disliked his character. Mamoru... well I'm guessing there's more to come of his story because right now I'm sure nobody enjoys him
Nov 18, 2014 3:20 PM
Dec 2013
loved this episode
Saki is definitely one of the better female protagonists in recent years (compared to Madoka from that Magic anime and Akane from Psycho Pass especially)
not whiny but pretty badass

gotta love Satarou it seems he wanted to join the action when Maria and Saki kissed
really like Maria too these three are pretty good characters
Mamarou is annoying though whats up with that kid?
Dec 26, 2014 2:02 AM
Oct 2014
SAKI SAYS SHE WAS IN LOVE WITH "X" (SHUN) AND THEN SHE "PLATONICALLY" KISSES MARIA?????/ AND NOW EVERYONE'S STRAIGHT? (like i know there's such thing as bisexual but just jumping from every relationship being gay to being straight.....:/)
Feb 28, 2015 7:43 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Their memories have been altered in order to get them to forget Shun. I wonder what the chair of the Ethics committe will do with Saki. She knows too much of everything.

People like Mamoru are the classic example of why wrongdoing/evil deeds get buried for the sake of harmony. His lack of backbone which has been evident from the start really limits Saki's investigations.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 29, 2015 2:21 PM

Sep 2014
All these jumps in time and place are confusing. There are still some plot holes but I have at least some confidence that they will get resolved.

What I don't understand is why they implant detailed memories into Ryuo, such as him (Shun) holding Saki's hand in the boat, but miss other memories. We'll see...
Apr 22, 2015 8:43 PM

Oct 2013
Hold up, am I confused or did this episode strongly imply the girl who disappeared in episode 1 was Saki's sister? o__o

Pretty interesting episodes; I didn't expect this type of plot advancement.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 22, 2015 11:29 PM

Feb 2013
Zadion said:
Hold up, am I confused or did this episode strongly imply the girl who disappeared in episode 1 was Saki's sister? o__o

Pretty interesting episodes; I didn't expect this type of plot advancement.

no but think back to ep 1. around mind 18 or smth saki heart her mother telling " I dont want to loose any more of my children" They were already scared that saki might vanish soon because she still didnt get her cantus.
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jun 8, 2015 12:30 AM

Jan 2010
Ah, so this show rushes specific details on purpose. To be honest, I've already forgotten the name of the first girl who disappeared, as she was written off so quickly with little regard. For this to be a plot point is...frightening actually. Shinsekai yori is putting me on the spot here, where I'm not sure of what details I might have forgotten over the course of the show.
Jun 29, 2015 2:41 AM
Dec 2011
shun asking saki in her dream "did you already forgot about me?" was so painful to hear my treas just came down and saki trying so hard to remember was so heart aching to watch also i love the fact that shun is trying to help saki remember her "older sister yoshimi" i bet she was a cute little girl !

god satoru's grandmother ! i don't feel good about her , we will get to know more! we still don't know why did shun's powers went out of control ???? was it because he knew he was being watched all the time and he knew his friends were being watched !!???

but i don't know what was the reason? or did it just happen! :3 we will see!

they covered the plot holes that bugged me like it was creepy when the group just didn't care about "the missing girl reiko and that guy who cheated didn't come to school and then vanished

" i know now their memories were changed and replaced by doing that they erased it " :3
Jul 22, 2015 5:02 AM

Sep 2013
I swear if I can get into the anime world Im going to strangle this Mamoru guy. The yuri kiss to me is just pointless fanservice. Maria was just rooting for Ryou and Saki earlier. Well at least a lot of my questions were answered in this episode.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 26, 2015 5:33 AM

Jan 2013
So they finally get suspicious and find out that a lot of things dont add up.
I dont like how they keep saying Asahina is kind and friendly, multiple times. - Would make me more suspicious.

Mamoru doesnt want to know what's actually happening, with his fragile mind.
Dec 22, 2015 3:35 PM

Sep 2015
Mmmm Something feels off
TchamiDec 22, 2015 3:41 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2016 5:42 PM

Sep 2015
This is getting more and more interesting each episode now!!
Memories manipulation huh...
Feb 19, 2016 9:42 PM

Jan 2008
Mamoru needs to grow a pair and all the adults are dodgy as fuck, can't trust anyone.
Feb 25, 2016 7:15 PM

Aug 2014
So they manipulated their memories, and planted a spy into them, Shit this village needs to be burned.
Good Episode.
Feb 26, 2016 8:55 PM
Aug 2014
Anyone else thinks they kinda put not screen time to Mamoru? I could swear he hasnt talked more than 5 sentences in the whole series and we learned nothing about him other than that hes very angsty.
He somehow doesnt feel part of the group.
Mar 18, 2016 9:32 AM

May 2015
A hierarchy were the top is trying to control the collective conscience and mold a world that they see fit. Interesting.
Apr 1, 2016 8:40 AM
May 2012
2 years has passed and Mamoru is still a pussy.
And why did they kiss during that scene? It was so dramatic. The three of them were hugging. At least let Satoru join ahahaha.
Apr 27, 2016 6:39 AM

Sep 2015
Bit confused at Saki saying she always loved Shun. That was never hinted at whatsoever. I was surprised when Shun got with Satoru because until that point it had seemed Saki and Satoru were a pair.

So the Saki x Shun came outta nowhere.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 4, 2016 8:24 AM

Dec 2015
The kiss is just to relieve stress, I don't think it has any emotional meaning, like when Saki and Satoru kissed when they were captured in the forest.

-Maz said:
Bit confused at Saki saying she always loved Shun. That was never hinted at whatsoever. I was surprised when Shun got with Satoru because until that point it had seemed Saki and Satoru were a pair.

So the Saki x Shun came outta nowhere.

If I remember correctly Saki was always blushing about Shun when they were kids. I also thought Saki x Satoru was a thing, though.
Jul 31, 2016 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
Dropped. I stopped caring about the characters since the time skip and I'm not prepared to be bored for hours just so I can see whatever plot twists are supposed to happen at the end. Slow pace doesn't have to be boring, I can watch slow paced shows as long as the characters are interesting at least.
Aug 20, 2016 5:35 PM

Mar 2015
They finally noticed Reiko, Horie Yui. This episode should titled "The disappearance of Shun".

2.2/5
Sep 13, 2016 2:48 PM

Mar 2015
I love how Saki kissed HanaKana's character and Satoru just hugged them. I ship three of them so bad.

But the story is getting "okay" rather than awesome or bad.

Everyone forgetting about vanishing people are generic enough in mystery/horror anime. Mamoru gets in my nerve though. The only thing this anime is setting apart from other generic horror/mystery is the yuri/yaoi and animation.

Oct 13, 2016 3:31 PM

Apr 2014
Not really a fan of the sudden transitions between each major event. I feel like these transitions that, although all build upon the main plot, undermine the specific events themselves. It just feels like the weight of each event is cast aside when the next episode goes in an entirely new direction. This happened earlier after the camping trip and i thought it was particularly evident between episodes 10 and 11.

I still really enjoy the show but the anime could have been a little better planned out by the staff

Oct 15, 2016 12:07 AM

Sep 2013
Better episode than the last couple. I'm curious what Granny wants with them...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 3, 2016 5:22 AM

Jul 2008
So now more memory manipulation to forget Shun...and now the head of the ethics committee.
Nov 3, 2016 5:46 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Posse said:
This should be called Shinsekai yuri (?)

I agree with that thesis! Let the Yuri flourish, now that Shun (sadly) is dead, there is no possible partner for a Yaoi. I want to see more Maria x Saki!
And Mamoru is just a boring guy, from everything he is the one that talks the least, if he died I wouldnt care much for it either, what a puss, everyone trying to remenber Shun and that girl from early episodes and this pussy trying to cockblock them!

That longing expressed in both's eyes!

Then the kiss!!

My yuri fetishs cant keep hold with such powerfull attacks, oh yuri how you are so wonderful~~
PlaycoolNov 3, 2016 6:19 PM
Nov 25, 2016 10:48 PM

Aug 2016
Nice Story development. Another clue on WTF is happening on that village

I DESPISE THAT MAMORU PIECE OF TRASH, just die FAG.... Weak shit
Jun 18, 2017 7:32 PM

Sep 2014
Muthafrikin Utopian Mind Messers! Ep 11.

Plot:The frikin villlaged has erased Shun and replaced him with Ryou. That makes him 100% unlikable. But Satoru and Saki(the ones who loved him)and taken that lying down. A journey to Shun's old home causes Mamoru to flip out. Maria, being team mom, asks Saki to stop her knowledge seeking but that ain't happening.

Suddenly apparently Satoru has a grandma who is head of the Ethics committee and she wants to talk to Saki. Uh oh.

Character: Saki continues her stride as MC. And as Maria said, as things get more jacked up, Saki is still standing strong. She's great.

Maria really shined here. Showing concern for the weakest of them but providing context and perspective of the strong and weak. Interesting that Satoru is counted as weak but I can see it.

Mamoru...is the kid. He is still the youngest in alot of ways so him making this ruckus is not unexpected. It's annoying but that is what comes with being weak.

Satoru is great as the Lancer. While he is as passionate as Saki, you can see where she's tempered and stronger while he's...a lot less constrained. Hope he gets more development.

Animation/sound: That dream of a graveyard was so sad. Poor Shun. Forgotten by all and died young.

4/5. What lies behind that door?

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jun 30, 2017 5:31 PM

Nov 2016
Sakis and Cos. memories were manipulated and they are afraid that they will be next ones who will be taken out, pretty interesting development.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 26, 2017 7:16 PM

Jul 2009
As expected, slower episode, but super interesting nonetheless. Memory manipulation and trying to get Ryou as Shun's substitute eh? Not mention the other girl in their group as well! Plus the whole pairing thing is interesting too, going from homosexual to heterosexual relationships :P Not to mention confirming Satoru's love for Shun lol. I kinda ship them, so it was interesting to hear him talk about having to "convince" him to go out XD Not to mention another Saki/Maria kiss! With Satoru there ... LOL. OK but seriously, I liked the direction it went with this especially with the villages changing and Maria telling Saki about how not everyone is like she is. Suspenseful ending with meeting the head of Ethics Committee ... dang lol. She looks young in the preview, but I guess they're only mid-teens :P
Oct 31, 2017 7:06 AM

Jun 2013
Well, since Satoru's feelings for Shun were acknowledged explicitly, the implication that only straight love is "real" is not present anymore, or at least it's not as strong. I never assumed malicious intent from the creators, but this extra bit of information gave the situation more depth, which is good.

I still don't particularly care about the characters... But the group hug was cute. The investigation is kind of interesting at least, even if it feels like we're going in circles at this point. Well, at least now they remembered Reiko; that's new.
Nov 9, 2017 11:02 AM

Aug 2012
Their memory was manipulated to replace Shun with this random guy.
Where were they going to go on canoes before they got stopped?
The grown-ups keep saying their's nothing to be nervous about but that doesn't make me any less nervous for our group!
Feb 12, 2018 5:46 PM

Aug 2017
So, they altered their memories to forget Shun and was replaced by Ryou. I hate Mamoru, somebody kill him now. That's make sense now, Reiko Amano was killed by the cat and forgotten. 4/5
NurguburuFeb 12, 2018 6:08 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 15, 2018 10:36 AM

May 2016
This kissing needs to be stopped for fucks sake It's really disgusting.
Oh damn they replaced Shun with another dude well I'm glad they
Found out about him.
May 9, 2018 4:54 PM

Jan 2018
Mamoru needs to grow some balls! This is exactly why he's still alone.
This is almost as bad as watching Eren being a little bitch in Attack on Titans manga. It's painful to watch.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.