Forum Settings
Forums

Nekomonogatari: Kuro To Be Aired on Dec 31

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 7, 2012 8:18 AM
Sep 2012
wait, is it a movie?
Dec 7, 2012 8:23 AM

Jul 2012
This microburst formula of episodes is certainly unique, but it might also be genius. ie let's air the arc that we complete. every few months will be a spectacle event. the show's popularity will carry it.
Dec 7, 2012 8:31 AM

Jun 2011
HauntingShock said:
And I'm still at ep 5 of Bakemono :|

Same here man, same here.

The news of the airing date just might make me wanna watch the series and catch up before then. Probably. Mostly likely no.
Dec 7, 2012 8:51 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Progeusz said:
Only four episodes? I want more Hanekawa...
Yeah, the BDs got solicited. Two discs, two episodes each. One disc for Black, one for White.
Are we sure there are episodes? From the broadcast schedule it seems to be like a TV movie, perhaps divided into two parts so that it can fit into 2 BD volumes.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 7, 2012 9:12 AM

Sep 2012
^ Now I wonder if they are going to broadcast OP and ED four times in one go (probably yes).

Interesting that while in terms of amount of text Nekomonogatari Kuro is almost the same as Nisemonogatari but while the latter has one whole cour, the former has only 4 episodes.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 7, 2012 9:23 AM

Jun 2011
symbv said:
^ Now I wonder if they are going to broadcast OP and ED four times in one go (probably yes).

Interesting that while in terms of amount of text Nekomonogatari Kuro is almost the same as Nisemonogatari but while the latter has one whole cour, the former has only 4 episodes.

Well like 80+ pages were given in the start of the book to Araragi's conversation with Tsukihi mostly and a little with Karen (Nisio even stated in the novel he gave nearly a quarter of the book to Araragi playing with his sisters lol) so it might be cut down or just flow faster, it will be probably be covered in 1 episode. Though 4 episodes might be a little tight i guess.
DragoonDeusDec 7, 2012 9:30 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Dec 7, 2012 9:41 AM

Sep 2011
they relieve our boredom of waiting for Kizu by bringing us Nekomonogatari, SHAFT RULES
Dec 7, 2012 9:47 AM

Jul 2010
well hell there's finally a release date.

Dec 7, 2012 9:50 AM

Feb 2010
Finally a date. Even though it's not my favorite arc, I'll definitely enjoy it. Can't wait!
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 7, 2012 9:59 AM

Oct 2007
jmal said:
Ehh, I can't agree. If you don't pair the amusing chatter with amusing visuals, it just doesn't feel right. I mean, do you really want TV-version Nadeko Snake Pt 2 again? Even Nisemonogatari kinda screwed up the last episode visually, in my opinion.
I wouldn't say I want it, but for sure I'd vastly prefer such outcome to situation when I get only half of episodes and lackluster story, even if those were perfectly animated. Animation is aspect I care the least in Shaft's works, they can manage perfectly with unique usage of still shots or cropping area where things happen - they often switch to cinema-like format or even shorter with some artistic frame around. That's what I love them for, they are special, different than any other studio with their experiments in style and animation has nothing to do with quality of their works in my eyes. It'd be nice to see stuff moving more but honestly, I'd rather see better animated opening - for example Niemonogatari's opening fell short of dethroning Renai Circulation in my ranking because it was too calm.

Slicer22 said:
Reading both Kuro and Shiro really made me like Hanekawa alot more, before just watching Bake and Nise i did not dislike her but after Kuro and Shiro really made her better for me.
She was my favorite already after Bake, so I can't wait for series dedicated to her.
Dec 7, 2012 10:01 AM

Sep 2012
The sad implication that it is now clear that the top selling anime for the Fall Season (Sep to Dec) will no longer be GirlPan but Nekomonogatari Kuo.

Dec 7, 2012 10:02 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
The sad implication that it is now clear that the top selling anime for the Fall Season (Sep to Dec) will no longer be GirlPan but Nekomonogatari Kuo.

Does an OVA/TV Special even count?

Dec 7, 2012 10:05 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
It is not an OVA because it is aired on TV. And yes, I think a TV special still counts. Of course some may alter the criteria and GirlPan can still claim to be the top seller for an anime that is aired in this season with at least one cour length.

Dec 7, 2012 10:09 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
RyanSaotome said:
It is not an OVA because it is aired on TV. And yes, I think a TV special still counts. Of course some may alter the criteria and GirlPan can still claim to be the top seller for an anime that is aired in this season with at least one cour length.

Well, the Nami One Piece special that aired on TV sold like 3k, but nobody is counting it in the Summer sales. I don't see why this would be any different.

Dec 7, 2012 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
symbv said:
RyanSaotome said:
Well, the Nami One Piece special that aired on TV sold like 3k, but nobody is counting it in the Summer sales. I don't see why this would be any different.
Because it was not a midnight anime. The airing time of Nekomongatari is around the midnight anime time slot.
symbvDec 7, 2012 10:25 AM

Dec 7, 2012 10:21 AM

Nov 2007
Niceeee. Good to see more of this.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 7, 2012 10:22 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
RyanSaotome said:
symbv said:
RyanSaotome said:
Because it was not a midnight anime. The airing time of Nekomongatari is around the midnight anime time slot.

So? Magi isn't a midnight anime yet it counts in this seasons sales charts.

I just don't see why a TV Special should be compared to full TV series of the same season. Its closer to a movie or OVA sale to me.

Dec 7, 2012 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
only 4 episodes in a way that was a let down but still my body is ready.
Dec 7, 2012 10:26 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
So? Magi isn't a midnight anime yet it counts in this seasons sales charts.
Of course anime like Magi occasionally got included and I admit that is a peculiar inclusion, perhaps because it got so much attention from the otaku in the 2ch Sales Thread, but that should be treated as exception instead of rule. One Piece is definitely not something that is talked about, ever, by people in 2ch Sales Thread.
RyanSaotome said:
I just don't see why a TV Special should be compared to full TV series of the same season. Its closer to a movie or OVA sale to me.
It has multiple episodes which at least make it like a TV series. And no matter how much you argue, it is definitely NOT a OVA.

Dec 7, 2012 10:28 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
RyanSaotome said:
It has multiple episodes which at least make it like a TV series.

They're all aired at the same time. Its more of a movie heading straight to video after airing on TV than a TV series.

One of the requirements of a TV series is that you need to air it over a period of time, not all at once.

You can count it as a Fall anime if you want, but I certainly won't. Its not the same type of release as the things its being compared to, so its unfair to others.

Dec 7, 2012 10:29 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
They're all aired at the same time. Its more of a movie heading straight to video after airing on TV than a TV series.
Well, if there are clear episodic structure, it is not really that much like a movie. Structure wise it is like a TV series.
RyanSaotome said:
One of the requirements of a TV series is that you need to air it over a period of time, not all at once.
Your definition.

Dec 7, 2012 10:42 AM

Apr 2010
Also last thing I'll say about the TV special thing... the Milky Holmes special last year sold like 2.5k, yet never showed up on any of the seasonly charts. That fits your definition perfectly of a TV special of a midnight anime. But its NOT a TV series, so it doesn't fit on a chart of best selling TV series.

Dec 7, 2012 10:50 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Also last thing I'll say about the TV special thing... the Milky Holmes special last year sold like 2.5k, yet never showed up on any of the seasonly charts. That fits your definition perfectly of a TV special of a midnight anime.
Fit my definition? Really? Where is the episodic structure for Milky Holmes Summer Special??

Look, I will be all happy if I see GirlPan becoming the undisputed topseller for this season. What I want to point out is that its case is weakened after the announcement of the TV broadcast of Nekomonogatari Kuro. I would expect some seasonal charts will not include Neko, but I can see there are also valid points for it to be included.
symbvDec 7, 2012 11:18 AM

Dec 7, 2012 11:07 AM
Jan 2012
Made my day :D
Dec 7, 2012 11:24 AM

May 2011
Good news, or if anything, interesting news for once.
Dec 7, 2012 11:30 AM

Jul 2010
Awesome news. They're coming out with these much faster than I expected.
Dec 7, 2012 11:32 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Something starting December 31st should fall under Winter '13.
No, everything that starts from Sep to Dec IS Fall season, not Winter season. In this anime's case the starting time is before the midnight between Dec 31 and Jan 01 (and end time as well), so by definition it is an anime that starts in the fall season. Of course it will look very odd if it is a cour series that starts on Dec 31 with the vast majority of the series spill over to winter season, but here it is much clearer: the whole series fall inside the range of the Fall season.

jmal said:
But either way, a 4 episode TV special won't be counted in the TV Anime sales lists. Certainly won't be in my lists, and I doubt 2ch will either.
This is the discussion in 2ch I have been talking about. There are vocal voices that it should be included and I am not even sure they are in the minority.
symbvDec 7, 2012 11:38 AM

Dec 7, 2012 11:37 AM
Mar 2010
Bring it on!!!
Dec 7, 2012 11:41 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Doesn't make any sense to categorize something starting mere days before the other Winter shows with shows that started months earlier, but whatever. It's not even a normal 1 cour+ weekly TV series so trying to give it a season is unnecessary.
Well, if we want to talk about in which season the TV special airs, it will be still put under the Fall season.

jmal said:
Heh, they probably say that because they're Monogatari fans and want to see it up top.
Out of sudden there are that many monogatari fans who are anti-GirlPan? I find it implausible. From what I see they are debating on the fine points of what should be included in the seasonal chart, not because they are biased towards one anime. What I see is: It is NOT really as different as between apples and oranges.

Dec 7, 2012 11:43 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
Well, if we want to talk about in which season the TV special airs, it will be still put under the Fall season.

Well on the Neregate chart, they have December specials listed as Winter... they've always had the Neko premiere on the Winter chart coming up. Seems kinda weird myself to list something as Fall when if it aired 2 hours later, it would be a January airing.

Dec 7, 2012 11:45 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
symbv said:
What I see is: It is NOT really as different as between apples and oranges.

I'd actually say more different. Apples and basketballs. =P
It's not going on my list in any event.
Your preference. I am only reporting what I am seeing in 2ch, and I see valid points on both side. Of course it may end up not being counted, which is also fine by me, but I will not put it as absolutely and unambiguously that they are as different as between apples and oranges/basketballs. That's it.
symbvDec 7, 2012 11:49 AM

Dec 7, 2012 11:49 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Well on the Neregate chart, they have December specials listed as Winter... they've always had the Neko premiere on the Winter chart coming up. Seems kinda weird myself to list something as Fall when if it aired 2 hours later, it would be a January airing.
Well, the line has to be drawn somewhere, right? There is always the possibility that when you divide one year into seasons, there are cases that fall so close to the division line that it feels a bit awkward to put it in one season not next. But at least in this case, everything that is to be aired falls within the range between Oct and Dec, the definition of Fall season. If any reference chart showing it alongside with the winter anime, it is only because the fall chart is already obsolete given the late announcement time. If this anime were announced back in Sep, I am sure it would be put in the Fall chart.

Dec 7, 2012 11:50 AM

Feb 2012
Monogatari series does have great OP and ED Songs any information what Nekomonogatari OST songs?
Dec 7, 2012 11:57 AM

Apr 2010
It should be mentioned also that its not rare that anime start airing the month before their "Season" too. Look at Shinsekai Yori... technically, its airing date was like September 29th. Does that make it a Summer anime? I don't think it does, since its much closer to the Fall time frame.

Dec 7, 2012 12:01 PM

Apr 2012
oh my god! kami nomi zo shiru sekai third season and nekomonogatari,damn this is like the best day ever!
Dec 7, 2012 12:02 PM

Oct 2007
There are also pre-airings from time to time.
Dec 7, 2012 12:05 PM

Jan 2010
Ah yes, 2 hours of tits and Kamiya Hiroshi.

Thank you based SHAFT.
Ok™
Dec 7, 2012 12:08 PM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
Progeusz said:
jmal said:
Niyawa said:
Is it a Movie, TV Series...? I'm not sure myself.

It's like an OVA in that it's only 4 episodes (2 BD volumes), but it's getting a TV airing first for additional exposure.

So call it a "TV Special". Not part of the full Winter TV series lineup.
Only four episodes? I want more Hanekawa...
I cant wait for the Senjougahara fans to storm here with the usual rage.

Meh, as a Senjougahara fan it's not all that big a deal. In fact, I think it's pretty awesome that all the characters get development.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 7, 2012 12:13 PM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
It should be mentioned also that its not rare that anime start airing the month before their "Season" too. Look at Shinsekai Yori... technically, its airing date was like September 29th. Does that make it a Summer anime? I don't think it does, since its much closer to the Fall time frame.
Yeah, that is why I said it would be very awkward if a one-cour series has only one episode aired in previous season but the vast majority of the series aired in the other season. And this is also why I said in this anime the case for it being in the Fall season is much clearer: the whole series is aired within the Fall season time range.
symbvDec 7, 2012 12:17 PM

Dec 7, 2012 12:24 PM
Sep 2011
aww yes baby...can´t wait to see the sequel of one of the most uniqe animes out there!
Dec 7, 2012 12:30 PM

Jan 2012
Thanks Shaft, you just provided me something to watch at New Year's Eve, altough it would be decent if you would finish making the show on time, instead of finishing it for the DVD/BD release.
Dec 7, 2012 12:37 PM

Aug 2011
Wait, I'm confused about the order of the series. I think it was mentioned somewhere, but I'm too tired to plow through threads.

Is Nekomonogatari a prequel to the Bakemonogatari story? There's no Senjougahara in the preview and Araragi seems to be in love with Hanekawa instead in this, so I'm a bit confused. If anyone could clear up my doubts it'd be great.
Dec 7, 2012 12:38 PM

Dec 2010
So its 4 episodes long? Kinda surprised by that considering how much info went into the LN, heck the first conversation with Tsukihi which was even shown in the preview by itself felt like it could last an entire episode. Well in any case this is great news, Hanekawa isn't my favorite character by any means but Nekomonogatari made her character have more depth, still waiting for Kizumonogatari tho, the LN was a masterpiece, Shinobu ftw!
Dec 7, 2012 12:41 PM

Dec 2010
UtsukushiiYume said:
Is Nekomonogatari a prequel to the Bakemonogatari story? There's no Senjougahara in the preview and Araragi seems to be in love with Hanekawa instead in this, so I'm a bit confused. If anyone could clear up my doubts it'd be great.

In Chronological order it is

Kizumonogatari->Nekomonogatari Kuro->Bakemonogatari->Nisemonogatari

Senjougahara obviously shows up in Bake thus she won't be in Neko, tho that said if they stay true to the LN she will have like a two second cameo in Neko.

To play it safe i will put this in tag, tho its not much of a spoiler since it was heavily implied in Bake anyway but its to address the Hanekawa thing

Dec 7, 2012 1:08 PM

Jun 2012
Hmm, i will watch this since i liked Bake/Nisemonogatari.
Dec 7, 2012 1:14 PM

Jan 2012
not a fan of the series but i will still watch it
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Dec 7, 2012 1:14 PM

Jul 2010
Nice way to roll in the New Year!
Dec 7, 2012 1:26 PM

Nov 2011
Wow!The first good news of day! *O*
Dec 7, 2012 1:26 PM

Nov 2011
Wow!The first good news of day! *O*
Dec 7, 2012 1:32 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Great news. A good way to say goodbye to 2012.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
3 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

3 by Maumuu »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.