Forum Settings
Forums

Urobuchi's Original TV Anime 'Suisei no Gargantia' Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 14, 2012 3:18 AM
Aug 2011
PV is here:

Dec 14, 2012 3:53 AM

Feb 2012
^
Not bad~

Designs was kinda a letdown though...
Dec 14, 2012 8:20 AM

Sep 2007
It looks pretty underwhelming, but then again I've rated everything Urobuchi wrote 10/10 (save for Madoka 9/10), so I'll probably love it.
Dec 14, 2012 6:03 PM
Oct 2010
jmal said:

But, CG is why I doubt I'll watch very much mecha in the future. I understand and that it's here to stay with anything mecha, and I doubt the trend will ever reverse at this point. I get why it's done and accept the reality of what has happened from a technological standpoint. And I'll continue to give at least some mecha shows a shot. But I feel I'll find less and less I can watch until the genre just closes out completely for me. I'll be surprised if we get more than a small handful of major series with any 2D mechs again, outside of maybe Gundam (and it's only a matter of time there).

Yeah, I really disliked in Unicorn 5 considering the others used CG in a much less noticeable way. I don't mind if they blend some CG tricks to (like the earlier unicorn ovas did) to make it look natural and allow for CG use, but full on CG just looks so out of place. I really dislike it.
Dec 14, 2012 10:10 PM

Apr 2011
The same guy who did Madoka and designs giving me a Tengen Toppa Gurren feel.
Definitely will watch.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Dec 15, 2012 11:43 PM

Oct 2009
Was that...Miyano Mamoru? :D
Dec 16, 2012 12:01 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I think I'll pass this one.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 17, 2012 4:25 AM

Nov 2012
it doesn't look that interesting? Although there's some surprises like madoka later.. I'll wait for another PV.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Dec 25, 2012 12:25 AM

Mar 2009
I'll probably end up watching it plus Urobuchi is writing it so everything up to the 3rd episode could be a lie.
Dec 29, 2012 12:56 AM

May 2011
Damn, this looks awesome.
Dec 29, 2012 1:12 AM
Jul 2010
Am I the only one who thinks this is awfully similar ot Battlestar Galactica in a way...
Dec 30, 2012 3:13 PM

Aug 2011
Main heroine looks really, really cute. That makes me fear for her though, cute girls never get it easy in Urobuchi works.
Dec 30, 2012 3:52 PM
Jul 2012
Really excited for this, nice to have more Urobuchi. love the character designs.
I like pie.
Jan 11, 2013 7:39 PM

Aug 2011
Looking forward for this.

**☾**
Jan 12, 2013 7:22 AM

Dec 2009
Urobuchi inside this project? Count me in.
Jan 12, 2013 12:39 PM

Jul 2007
Emptiness_ said:
j0x said:
Psycho-Pass is awesome so i like to see more Urobutcher!!!
Jan 12, 2013 2:17 PM

Dec 2012
The male lead does look like Kirito with different hair color. I will watch this because of Urobutcher. Since this is an anime original, he can Urobutching as much as he wants wuahahaha!!
Jan 12, 2013 4:26 PM

May 2011
Production IG, it's def going to be a good looking show
Jan 14, 2013 9:02 AM

Nov 2009
If the episodes are 20+, I will give it maximum 7-8 episodes before dropping it if I end up not liking it. Will see. I hope it's good since it's Urobuchi. I liked Madoka and I'm currently very into PP.
bakuramariksJan 14, 2013 9:06 AM
Jan 14, 2013 9:38 AM

Jun 2012
Loved Madoka and currently enjoying PP. Will obviously give this a go. Character designs look alright too.
"El Baile de la muerte"
Jan 17, 2013 6:56 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Urobochi? Insta-PTW'ed!
Jan 24, 2013 4:53 AM
May 2012
OK, THIS is really gets me started!! First was Guilty Crown, then Psycho-Pass now THIS!!

Expect the unexpected insanities is gonna happen I mean pulling off M night Shaymalan's much?!
JafriZinJan 24, 2013 5:01 AM
Jan 24, 2013 11:23 AM
Oct 2012
game8910 said:
Apart from Madoka Urobutchi's writing has been pretty underwhelming. No, Fate/Zero sucked too.

So Tell me how fate/zero Sucked?(I won't open a discussion unless u actually tell me u read the fate/stay night novel) because u would have no idea whats going on in most of the anime.
Feb 4, 2013 2:42 AM

Nov 2008
Is no one going to point out that on MAL this anime is listed as airing FROM FEB 9, 2013?

I thought it was airing in April, and a Google search seemed to back that up.
Feb 4, 2013 2:58 AM

Sep 2012
^ Yes it will start in April.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 4, 2013 3:00 AM

Dec 2007
I don't get MC's costume, otherwise, PTW.
Feb 4, 2013 9:49 AM
Aug 2011
dawntodusk said:
Is no one going to point out that on MAL this anime is listed as airing FROM FEB 9, 2013?

There's a pre-screen in Feb.
Feb 4, 2013 12:34 PM

Oct 2007
I really dislike this about MAL. Pre-screen should be just in some additional info.
Feb 4, 2013 12:42 PM
Sep 2011
As if there wasn't enough to watch this sping? God damnit :P
I loved Fate/Zero and Madoka(even if they are the things that are cool to hate at the second).
I really am enjoying Psycho pass, I really don't mind the slow pace for the most part as it gives the story time to develop and it has some great openings. And I am currently loving Phantom requim for the Phantom although I have 5 episodes left until I finish it.
So overall...yes I am looking forward to this, although I think we are dangerously close to hitting a bit of overload with Urobuchi due to how much stuff by him we have had lately.

Zeiadn said:
game8910 said:
Apart from Madoka Urobutchi's writing has been pretty underwhelming. No, Fate/Zero sucked too.

So Tell me how fate/zero Sucked?(I won't open a discussion unless u actually tell me u read the fate/stay night novel) because u would have no idea whats going on in most of the anime.

People just like to feel different, so they hate what is popular. Sure some people will have genuine reasons but most people just hate whats popular to be hipster.
For another example look at Mirai Nikki, a show that ended up with a massive fanbase last year. And yet you can't look anywere without finding massive amounts of people saying they hate it.
edl01Feb 4, 2013 1:11 PM
Feb 5, 2013 12:25 AM
Dec 2011
looks good.
Feb 9, 2013 7:36 AM
Feb 2013
There's a new PV up on dailymotion.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxeav2#.URZnv4YoaTg
Feb 9, 2013 8:02 AM

Nov 2010
JeffreyZin said:
OK, THIS is really gets me started!! First was Guilty Crown, then Psycho-Pass now THIS!!

Expect the unexpected insanities is gonna happen I mean pulling off M night Shaymalan's much?!

Err how did Guilty Crown ended up in that list?
Feb 15, 2013 11:49 PM

Dec 2009
PlotExMachina said:
dawntodusk said:

There's a pre-screen in Feb.

Are you serious? I was wondering why it hasn't been released yet. Was full waiting for the subs to come out lol
Feb 16, 2013 1:10 AM

Aug 2011
New Gen "UroBUTCHER" Urobuchi anime announced. Hell yeahh! Will definitely give this show a watch.

I loved the his work on the Fate franchise and enjoying Psycho-Pass at the moment.
Feb 17, 2013 6:59 PM

Sep 2012
Kratos_Ortega said:
New Gen "UroBUTCHER" Urobuchi anime announced. Hell yeahh! Will definitely give this show a watch.
I loved the his work on the Fate franchise and enjoying Psycho-Pass at the moment.
Don't set your expectation too much on that though. He is again stressing it is nothing like what he did before and he wanted to be positive and the main idea is to stress on growth and active participation in the wider world and society (he said this anime is for those young people who have just started working and engaging in the society). Of course we know he did not tell the truth back in Madoka, so who knows. But I guess we should bear in mind the possibility that Urobuchi may not be UroBUTCHER so much this time round.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 18, 2013 1:14 PM

May 2011
I'm.....not entirely sure that Urobuchi is even capable of writing something lighthearted.
It's like he has this uncontrollable compulsion to make things look as cute as possible on the outside, and then destroy the cuteness and innocence in every way (in)humanly possible.

Fully expecting the real theme to be "Positive (i.e. naive and optimistic) characters, undergoing growth (immense pain builds character like nothing else), while learning to participate with others in the wider world (by learning the hard way that you can't trust anyone and that you have to do unspeakable things to get by in the world)".

Seriously, I love his stuff, but why sugar-coat it? It'll be fun for a while, but eventually no one will believe him and the sucker-punch plot trolling won't be as funny anymore.
Feb 18, 2013 9:21 PM

Sep 2012
^ Well, it can be earnest and serious without being gory or grim, right? It does not have to be lighthearted to write a story that is positive, right? Not saying he is definitely not trolling this time, but I guess we should be open to the possibility of Urobuchi trying something a bit different from what he has done before.

Feb 19, 2013 3:39 PM
Oct 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Another Urobuchi anime? Hopefully its better than Psycho Pass.

Are the characters from that scan part of this anime or are they another Newtype Ace manga?

>Hating on Psycho Pass
Feb 19, 2013 3:59 PM
Sep 2011
DaedalusExNovem said:
I'm.....not entirely sure that Urobuchi is even capable of writing something lighthearted.
It's like he has this uncontrollable compulsion to make things look as cute as possible on the outside, and then destroy the cuteness and innocence in every way (in)humanly possible.

Or to take it from the horse's mouth.

"I have nothing but contempt for the deceitful thing men call 'happiness', and find myself with no choice but to push my characters, whom I pour my heart and soul out to create, into the abyss of tragedy."

If I recall correctly, he was hospitalized a long time ago, and "living like a dead man" made him the cynical angst-pusher he is today.
Feb 19, 2013 4:16 PM

Jun 2009
RLinksoul said:
DaedalusExNovem said:

Or to take it from the horse's mouth.

"I have nothing but contempt for the deceitful thing men call 'happiness', and find myself with no choice but to push my characters, whom I pour my heart and soul out to create, into the abyss of tragedy."

If I recall correctly, he was hospitalized a long time ago, and "living like a dead man" made him the cynical angst-pusher he is today.

Hey there is absolutely nothing wrong with having some darker/cynical stories out there. If anything it balances out all the relatively happy slice of life series out there.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 19, 2013 4:24 PM

Nov 2012
You forgot to add "Tragedy" in the genres OP!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 10 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.