Forum Settings
Forums

What was the saddest scene of Angel Beats in your opinion?

New
Dec 6, 2012 5:03 PM
Jul 2012
I wanted to know what was the scene that made you cry or tear up the most, and why?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2012 7:53 AM

Aug 2011
Either the graduation ceremony, or Yurippe's story. Probably the saddest anime scenes I've ever seen =/
Dec 12, 2012 10:05 AM

Aug 2009
I never liked Yui much, but still I thought that the scene where she disappeared was the saddest one. I think most of it had to do with the music playing in the background..

But the graduation scene came in a very close second. But I think I felt more content, because they could finally find peace. But of course, it was a tearjerking scene.
Jan 3, 2013 2:40 PM

Nov 2012
The ending.

I ended up curling up into a ball and crying.
Jan 5, 2013 2:15 PM

Jul 2008
The graduation ceremony, I think it made me cry the most. But there were alot of sad scenes,
one I remember really well was Yuzuru's death, so that's probably nr 2 for me, I cried alot :'<
Jan 13, 2013 10:05 PM

Nov 2012
The ending when Otonashi screams after Kanade disappears.
Feb 13, 2013 7:35 AM
Oct 2012
That graduation ceremony,it was too saddenning
also yui's disappearance.:-(
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Himel_713&sclick=1]
Feb 13, 2013 2:26 PM

Feb 2012
I think, disappearance of Yui was saddest moment in this series.
Feb 16, 2013 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
Disappearance of Yui. It's too heart-wrenching and one of the reason why I rated Angel Beats a 10.

Feb 17, 2013 6:19 AM

Jan 2013
Disappearance of Kanade > Graduation Ceremony > Disappearance of Yui

Those three definitely belong to the most emotional scenes of all times.
Otonashi desperately reaching out for Kanade but grabbing nothing but thin air... overwhelmingly sad...
Feb 25, 2013 3:26 PM

May 2010
Chesuwafu said:
The ending.

I ended up curling up into a ball and crying.

I was pretty close to that. I think that was the part of the series where I cried the most. It wasn't sad, just very moving, when Kanade told Otonoashi about that.

There were other emotional parts, though, like the part about Otonashi's past. I also thought Naoi and Iwasawa's pasts were also pretty sad.
Mar 10, 2013 4:57 AM
Feb 2013
I cried so badly when Iwasawa disappeared. Everything fit so well and even though, you only saw her getting deeper in just one episode it was so sad when she disappeared ;__;
Check out my Blog on Wordpress: http://korisanime.wordpress.com/
Mar 10, 2013 6:46 AM

Feb 2011
I woted Other since I think both Yui and Iwasawa's scene was sad. My favorite is Iwasawa tho she became that when she disappeared. But I only cried at when Yui disappeared, her story was the saddest I think. And she disappeared when Hinata fell love with her.

In another hand tho I dunno how Kanade was exist there, I think that scene was sad too.

Thats why I woted Other.
Mar 13, 2013 11:45 AM

Nov 2012
What I hated a lot was that I was for some reason expecting romance all the time and then at the very end there is some but only very brief ._.
Mar 15, 2013 4:40 AM

Feb 2013
The Graduation Scene, Yurippe's story and the ending when Kanade disappears.
Those was scenes where I can't handle my manly tears. T_T
Mar 15, 2013 3:13 PM

Jan 2013
The Graduation Scene was sad when everyone besides Otonashi disappeared.
Mar 20, 2013 10:56 AM

Mar 2011
The final moments of Kanade and Otonashi. It's extremely heartbreaking
Apr 3, 2013 12:44 PM
Dec 2012
frequency said:
The ending when Otonashi screams after Kanade disappears.

and
Niyari said:
The final moments of Kanade and Otonashi. It's extremely heartbreaking
I agree with theses, this has to be saddest scene in the anime
Apr 5, 2013 11:12 AM

Apr 2013
I feel compelled to explain the abstractness of this anime.
For the people who say this anime had loopholes or had many unexplained or unanswered questions, i agree with you to some extent but you gotta value the anime for what it is and not what its lacking.

I find the ending the saddest part, the credits where everyone disappears leaving just Otonashi and then he disappears too. Also the scene where they show the clubroom with all the items the club used to have being so lively and now it's empty.

Now not everyone understands Japanese but every ending and opening in Angel beats was different and the ending " Brave song " is very meaningful, if you watch all the endings together, you realise the endings are also another story. After everyone got together, the last ep, everyone disappears leaving otonashi and kanade then otonashi and finally no one.

If you truly understand the deepness of Angel Beats, you will see the " loopholes " as trivial matters and it does not require to be explained. Maybe the ending needs some explaining. Angel beats allows you to interpret the ending in your own way and i interpreted it as

" Otonashi reborns and when he was walking on the street, by a 1 in 6 billion chance, he hears a familiar tune. Kanade who was also reborn remember this tune through her love for everything that happened there ( In the Brave Song there is a similar part that says she will always carry her memories with them together ). So Otonashi's memory was triggered and he was about to talk to her and it ends. " this is a wonderful ending. I hope there is no Season 2 but i definitely want Key to continue making more fantastic anime like Angel Beats and Clannad.
Apr 19, 2013 1:42 PM

Mar 2013
The disappearance of Kanade was the saddest moment for me.
It made me cry. :<
Apr 23, 2013 12:38 PM

Sep 2012
The graduation scene without a doubt. That was what really touched me in this show, and part of the reason why it is one of my all-time favorite anime.
May 14, 2013 1:12 PM
May 2013
Ep.5 broke me </3
when those fags wouldnt even let kanade have her sad moment and eat sadly her fav food in a corner somewhere if otonashi didnt stp them.

almost "cried" there.
especially when she couldnt take one of the paper thingys

May 31, 2013 7:33 PM

May 2013
When Otonashi died :< Specially the part before his death, thinking about others even at the face of death :'(

It made me re-think purpose on life was ="((
Jun 1, 2013 3:31 PM

May 2013
Everything. If I had to choose, Kanade's death.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jun 2, 2013 3:43 PM
Jun 2013
I voted for the disappearance of Kanade 'cause this is when my tears start showing up. To be more accurate, they flowed during the last ending, seeing all the characters disapper, but I think they were contained since th graduation scene.
Of course, Yuri's disappearance made me feel sad too, same for the moment when Otonashi ran toward Hinata during the baseball match (episode 4).
The disappearance of Iwasawa just shocked me : I didn't thought this was gonna be a sad story but a funny one. At this time, I realized.
Otonashi's death is, in my mind, more a beautiful and hopeful scene than a sad one and made me start considerate organ donation : he finally reached his goal to be helpful for someone.
The first part of his past is sad too, especially the death of his sister...

I think I'm gonna stop here. The anime is a masterpiece for me and I don't think a single post can express all the emotions that it made me feel, but you have a good sample yet.
Jun 3, 2013 4:57 PM
May 2011
The disappearance of Kanade... The ending was really touching.
Jun 4, 2013 3:26 AM
May 2013
I'm gonna have to go with other. Now, the ending did make me break down into a jibbering, snot-dripping-out-of-the-nose wreck, but for me, it wasn't necessarily the saddest.

The scene that I found most sad was the end of episode 12, when Yurippe encounters, or hallucinates, or however it happens, speaks with her siblings one last time.

"You don't have to suffer anymore. Thanks for thinking of us for so long!"

Then in the background...

"Itsumo hitori de aruiteta..."

I love when shows use their opening or ending themes within the show, and this was absolutely sublime.
Jun 11, 2013 10:02 PM

Sep 2012
Either disappearance of Kanade when they play "my most precious treasure" or graduation when the final members leave one by one.

Jun 15, 2013 8:15 AM

Jun 2013
The ending T-T and when Kanade dissapeared...Man my feels then :c
Loved the anime <33 EVERYONE SHALL WATCH IT !
Jul 7, 2013 7:47 PM

Dec 2012
I feel bad for waking up this thread again but meh, I cried in the ending/credits of every episode hahah i'm a wuss, I think the saddest part was when Hinata and Otonashi hi-fived and then left Hinata disappearance started making me cry then a shitstorm of tears followed after Kanade left. The second time i watched it (this time with a friend) I still cried just as hard

Jul 11, 2013 9:33 PM

Jan 2012
Disappearance of Yui really got me. That's just so sad :{
Jul 22, 2013 11:27 AM

Jun 2013
I am going for the dissapearance of Yui. The whole episode (don't remember which one) felt like it built up to just that moment when Hinata confessed to her. It was so touching and heart-warming. I can't really put it in words. I just remember that I cried alot during that scene.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Jul 22, 2013 9:42 PM

Jul 2013
The ending got to me pretty hard. Yui got to me as well :{
Jul 28, 2013 12:09 AM

May 2013
Disappearance of Yui = Graduation scene > Disappearance of Iwasawa = Story of Yuzuru's siser > Disappearance of Kanade > Death of Yuzuru

The graduation scene was SUPER sad while Yui's disappearance was heart felt and VERY sad. Iwasawa was my favorite character, so obviously it was tragic, and Yuzuru's sister's story was so moving, inspirational, sad, heart felt, etc. Kanade's disappearance was sad, but was not as sad as everything else, but this doesn't mean it's only sort of sad, this is Angelbeats, so everything is super sad. Yuzuru's death was sad but mostly heart felt for me.

YUI! ;_;
Aug 1, 2013 10:50 AM

Feb 2013
IMO disappearance of Kanade and the death of Yuzuru ;__; Those two made me cry. Such sad and beautiful scenes ;(

Aug 28, 2013 1:45 AM

Feb 2012
For me, the saddest would have been Yui's disappearance or the graduation ceremony.
I cried for both scenes
thank you takiboob

Sep 7, 2013 2:39 AM
Jul 2013
disappearance of kanade and hinata
Sep 7, 2013 2:41 AM
Jul 2013
the graduation ceremony is the saddest
Oct 2, 2013 3:38 PM

Sep 2013
The ending, my god the last time I was so upset was the passing of a grandparent tbh.
Oct 11, 2013 6:40 PM

Jun 2013
disappearance of Kanade had a lot more of an impact because of the plot twist that makes you like the character more, the story of Yuzuru makes it just that much more painful when she disappears makes me hesitant to re-watch it.

May 11, 2014 8:21 PM

Nov 2013
The saddest for me was Yui disappearance with Hinat, I cried so much, second place would be the ending when Kanade disappeared, and third would be the graduation.
May 26, 2014 4:31 AM
Apr 2014
When Yui disappeared I was so sad. My two favourite characters, and the things that Hinata said was just -I can't even-
Oct 16, 2014 8:47 PM

Oct 2014
I can't choose between disappearance of Yui or Kanade, both make me sad..

read from right to left
Mar 8, 2015 3:18 PM
Feb 2015
The disappearance of Kanade was just heartbreaking.

My heart was already crushed in tears after the final revelation at the end of the anime, but when she disappeared it was the worst ;_;

The Yui disappearance too, even if it was an happy one, I was still very sad, and the Yuzuru's sister story too ;_;
May 27, 2015 9:59 AM
Aug 2014
The disappearance of Kanade.

That scene had me hugging my legs all bawled up in the corner of my room crying. All the while screaming silently to myself while I tried to grasp for each breath. I almost died from heartbreak. Just imagine having finally found the person you love. Found what you believe to be your soul reason for existing, and then have them admit to you that they loved you too. Only to have them taken away from you. That's my biggest fear in the world.
Jun 13, 2015 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
All together it was really sad ;(
I couldn't sit there and watch them all go (but I did so....)
The ending just caught me. Just like her, he's alone.

Sorry if there was any spoilers... :D (no but seriously, I'm sorry) XD

And the part where Tenshi (Kanade Tachibana) reaches for a ticket (for a meal) but then withdraws it and looks small again... She's my favourite character in this anime and I couldn't bare it.......
removed-userJun 14, 2015 2:00 AM
Jun 24, 2015 3:54 PM

Feb 2012
disappearance of kanade no doubt
Jul 14, 2015 10:03 AM

Dec 2010
I really wanted Kanade to be together with Yuzuru so when Kanade disappeared I got heavily disappointed and depressed =(
Jul 26, 2015 5:21 AM

Aug 2012
I can't pick! I don't know why!
May 20, 2016 3:23 AM

May 2014
Disappearance of Kanade by a landslide. I guess the disappearance of Yui could be a close second, but I suspect that Kanade's disappearance was more soul rending because it wasn't very bittersweet like Yui's disappearance was, which felt more happily-ever-after than anything.

When Kanade disappeared, Otonashi was alone. He went from thinking he could spend an eternity with Kanade to having her vanish in his arms. His reaction to said occurrence was pretty sad even by itself.

The Graduation Scene I was prepared for because I had already seen that part from that popular gif about graduation, which is probably what got me into the anime in the first place.

I'm surprised Disappearance of Iwasawa isn't higher on the poll. The first and only time I saw it, I was like, "She's singing her heart out. Poor thing." Then she vanished and I was like, "Oh... OH, SHIT!" I was more surprised than anything. I think if I went back and watched it now, now that I realize what was happening, it'd make me cry.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Angel Beats Fan Site!

Edgy_Pog - Sep 1, 2010

10 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 16, 2021 9:25 AM

» Did this anime leave anyone else feeling incomplete?

Nesano - May 20, 2016

6 by Wijkanda »»
Jul 11, 2021 8:02 AM

» Yuri Nakamura topic

antiotonashi - Oct 22, 2020

3 by antiotonashi »»
Nov 2, 2020 12:06 PM

» Angel Beats! Signature

kaiinrg - Sep 25, 2010

1 by predador »»
Feb 20, 2018 2:28 AM

» Made a signature

IceDraconian - Oct 10, 2010

1 by predador »»
Feb 20, 2018 2:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.