Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 8, 2012 3:09 PM

Feb 2010
I head is spinning.... but I like it....(???)
Dec 8, 2012 3:23 PM
Dec 2012
If you want action, you're watching the wrong show. I love these dialogue heavy episodes. The setting under which the dialogue takes place does not bother me in the slightest. It makes me think a lot-which many anime (eg. SAO *cough*) don't. The plot twists also impress me. Samon seems like an idiot but I don't think he's the final boss.

The manga for this show is targetted toward a shounen demographic, but I feel it should be a bit older (not quite seinen but close-heck it might be closer to shoujo than shounen tbh). Don't like it? Go watch Naruto then :P
Dec 8, 2012 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
nantuko said:
Awful. I'm sick of all the talking in one place.
Whole episode was one mindfuck and waste of time.
Last 2 episodes are worse than I've imagined..
If you were expecting a action show instead of clever dialogue that is your fault not the shows. I mean if you dont like writing that actually makes sense or is smart that doesnt rely on animation in fights to sell BD's and want pointless action you can always watch sword art online or some other drivel that lowers IQ's of all who watch

Also if you are going to use the its all in one spot thing, then you are wrong there seeing how thats just where yoshino and mahiro have been, these past 3 eps have been randomly shifting perspectives between every single character introduced
JizzyHitlerDec 8, 2012 7:46 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 8, 2012 7:44 PM

May 2012
I just love Samon's panicking face! Haha. Really love this episode :) And way to go, Yashino. He is so cunning.
Dec 9, 2012 4:44 AM

Feb 2009
How many episodes will this series have? Cause it looks like it's ending.

BTW nothing new... another great episode. One of the things that has stand out the most for me in this series has been the amazing music score, and their execution of the BGM. I want the soundtrack ASAP!!
Dec 9, 2012 6:43 AM

Oct 2011
And now, if Hakaze is the killer of Aika, she win :

If Samon make Hakaze come back, to give Mahiro the killer, he'll lose
If Samon don't give Hakaze to Mahiro, Mahiro will shoot, and Samon will be forced to make Hakaze come back, and he'll lose

Logic is powerfull :p
Dec 9, 2012 9:06 AM

Sep 2011
Zero_sama said:
How many episodes will this series have? Cause it looks like it's ending.
Its a double cour according tot he BD's, if the fact they were translating the series 1 ep = 1 manga chapter wasnt already the give away

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 9, 2012 4:04 PM

Oct 2012
oh yoshino
Dec 10, 2012 12:44 AM

Nov 2007
Kinda boring that not much happened .... BUT

that was great trolling by Yoshino. Samon was just pure raging.

I guess Junichiro will still play a role.
Dec 10, 2012 6:52 AM

Oct 2012
Nicely done Yoshino :D
I was also expecting a mind-blowing theory explaining the time paradox. However, He ended up deceiving us all. I thought hilarious the way he toyed with Samon.
Mahiro knows him too well. He knows what Yoshino was aiming for, and he admitted falling for it - cause he did not completely joined Samon's side.

I can;t wait to see more!
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Dec 10, 2012 1:49 PM

Nov 2011
Just going to say that Evangeline is pretty cool this episode especially with that personality, not to mention hot :p. Hell, she even uses a spear rather than a gun this time. I was hoping she would win against Natsumura but oh well..

I found the talk between Samon, Mashino, Yashino, and Hazake are bit dragged but overall, I enjoyed this episode. Oh, and Samon is more concerned and pissed as ever LOL.
Dec 10, 2012 5:37 PM

May 2011
It was great to see Hakaze act lively again and regain her confidence. Nice one Yoshino. And oh yeah, he even got Mahiro back on his side again, or well... for now I guess since they still have to find a way to travel through time.

Dat ass, I like these fanservice moments from Hakaze.
Dec 12, 2012 12:24 AM
Oct 2010
haha oh my, this episode was just gold. Loved the mind game roller coaster. I genuinely burst out laughing with Yoshino's smirk in the end. Samon, I can't take you serious as a main antagonist anymore, just give in already haha
sum-ma-ry~ this is what I call top notch entertainment.

Dec 12, 2012 10:46 AM

Jan 2012
I loved this episode, I loved watching Samon get so annoyed, haha.

But I was thinking about it and I think I could guess who Aika's killer was...
What if Hakaze-san killed her? Think about it, without Aika-chan's death Mahiro wouldn't have any motivation to help Hakaze, and none of this would have happened. It's also true that the murderer was someone from the Kusaribe clan. Hakaze-san is stuck two years in the past, and Aika-chan was killed one year ago. Assuming she's saved from the island before a year passes, and she really is stuck in the past, it's very possible that she was the murderer.
Dec 12, 2012 5:34 PM

Sep 2011
mystik said:

I guess Junichiro will still play a role.
I kind of get a bad vibe from him for some reason, him and a ressurected aika or even dead aika planning all that would happen are probably my 2 picks for possible main villain, im going more with him just cause he kind of gives off a vibe that he is more powerful than everyone else and has a plan of some sorts, I'm basing this all off crazy inferences here though and have no backing proof aside from him taking down that spear guy, also keep in mind i finsihed dangan ronpa not to long ago so my mind still is thinking outside of the box for the craziest theories cause thats just how unexpected things got in that game so im over thinking this most likley

I just know samon is not the villain
JizzyHitlerDec 12, 2012 5:37 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 13, 2012 1:51 AM
Mar 2012
エアリエル! "Ariel is Prospero's eyes and ears throughout the play" The Tempest wiki.
Seems like Yoshino/Mahiro are playing Ariel, and Hakaze as Prospero. But Yoshino's a real schemer, very logical theory, but he inadvertently forces Samon to reveal time shift magic is real (goes against Genesis logic) and lift Hakaze out of despair which means she'll try to survive for 2 years at least.
Or as Ariel the Mermaid, she can try swimming out.
Just theories, but seeing the winds reverse with awesome bgm seem to suggest the past can alter the present.
Also nice Evangeline fight.
Dec 13, 2012 12:28 PM

Jun 2008
QuiGonJon said:
3 episodes of nothing but Dialogue, with a fourth on the way it would seem.
And its freaking brilliant.
This show needs to stop blowing my mind.

Indeed, they might have just been talking but it was absolutely amazing. The way Samon got mindfucked was enjoyable as hell.
Dec 13, 2012 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty crafty there Yoshino! Now a way to break out of this time prison...

Dec 14, 2012 9:39 AM

Sep 2009
HAHAHA. nice one YOSHINO!! you didn't disappoint me! ^^ haha.. well-planned. poor samon! i really like his expressions. the way he was shocked about things :D
Dec 15, 2012 8:20 PM

Jul 2012
Woot, Hakaze!

Nice episode; seems there's still hope that Hakaze can escape that island and meet Yoshino and Mahiro face to face; wonder how that's gonna go ^^

Well, still don't like Evangeline either; wonder what's going on with Junichirou.. O:
Dec 16, 2012 3:28 PM

Aug 2011
The barrel etching was a great scene. I sort of wish they would hurry up now, as Mahiro has been toying with that talisman for a few episodes now.

I am enjoying the battle between Yoshino and Samon though, the latter's breakdown is priceless.
Dec 26, 2012 3:54 AM

Aug 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Poor Samon, his clan has been waiting 60 years to spring this little party, his whole life has been focused on it, against all odds he is standing on the precipice of success, and then his starring role gets completely usurped by complete amateurs while all he can do is to babble like a impotent fool.

Some days just ain't worth waking up for.
this
Catastrophic said:
QuiGonJon said:
3 episodes of nothing but Dialogue, with a fourth on the way it would seem.
And its freaking brilliant.

THIS. i've been grinning like a f*cking madman during the last 3 eps..... and actually laughed like one a bit when Samon couldnt get his shit together on the "2 years asleep" bluff.
and this.

Man, these past few eps have been so good.
Jan 11, 2013 2:58 PM

Dec 2009
Great episode. Really enjoying the heavy dialogues.
And you gotta feel sorry for Samon, the amount of time Yoshino trolls the poor dude lol
Jan 16, 2013 7:31 PM

Jul 2008
He he, what a lovely little game we are watching. Again slow pace and loving it.
Jan 26, 2013 1:40 PM
Mar 2009
Lawl. Samon had his little, "I win" moment and then Yoshino bluntly states the answer. Haha, dropping his sword and then scrambling to pick it up.

Samon's long ass, inner monologues are hilarious. What a Drama Queen.

Yoshino is pretty damn manipulating. What a bawss. Can't wait to see what they think up of and why Junichiro suddenly joined this party.

From the title of the next episode, it sounds like Aika really is involved with the Kusaribe Clan before all this happened. Guess that was to be expected though after time travel shenanigans.
Feb 13, 2013 7:17 AM

Apr 2012
All that theorizing was pretty hard to follow. Can't say this episode cleared up my confusion.
Mar 5, 2013 1:18 PM

Apr 2012
Samon has one of the worst poker faces I have ever seen.
Mar 9, 2013 4:58 PM

Feb 2011
I was pretty sure Samon's head was going to explode while Yoshino mind fk'd him. Would not want that kid as my enemy.
Mar 23, 2013 4:35 PM

Sep 2010
A Princess of exodus huh?
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Apr 1, 2013 5:59 PM

Jun 2011
Lol poor Samon, I kind of like him..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 7, 2013 9:56 PM

Sep 2011
Oh mannn, awesome episode! Yoshino is turning out to be a very likable character. :D
Apr 17, 2013 8:41 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, that episode was really amazing. Yoshino's rhetorical skills are really top notch, I love those skills in anime. Amazing speeches from a likable character are really the best, Yoshino's voice also fits that purpose, though the best voices for amazing speeches are definitely those of Lelouch and Clannad's Tomoya.

I want to see more of Hakaze, so I hope their plan succeeds soon. :P
May 15, 2013 2:15 PM
May 2013
This kind of twists and unpredictable situations make this anime so great.
Jul 18, 2013 5:44 AM

Apr 2010
Ah man we got tricked by Samon's little play. His inner thoughts are kinda hilarious, especially when his hair was floating around.

I think they over did it. Yoshino. . . . You sly bastard xD
Aug 20, 2013 4:09 PM

Jul 2013
Best episode so far, damn Yoshino is cunning.
Aug 21, 2013 1:12 AM

Feb 2012
Rueby said:
Ah man we got tricked by Samon's little play. His inner thoughts are kinda hilarious, especially when his hair was floating around.

I think they over did it. Yoshino. . . . You sly bastard xD

That wasn't hair.

Rueby said:
Uhhh. . . . Wait. She's going out with two guys? I don't even- That plot twist! Now it seems like Samon is not a bad guy at all.

What show are you even watching?
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Aug 28, 2013 9:07 PM
Mar 2009
Just a thought: what if Yoshino had asked Hakaze to break the barrel?

That would have been the easiest way to expose Samon's trickery. If the barrel was smashed 2 years ago, it couldn't very well exist in the present. Which means a) Samon lied about the barrel and skeleton being the same as 2 years ago, or b) there are alternate realities, which means Hakaze could still be alive in the present, but in a different timeline.

Cheers
Oct 17, 2013 5:04 AM

Jan 2012
I don't know the story of Hamlet nor The Tempest so I went and read just the synopsis to get a feel for it since the characters like comparing their situation with the tragedies. Apparently what Hakaze wrote on the barrel is a reference to The Tempest, Ariel is the name of one of the characters, you learn something everyday
Oct 22, 2013 7:38 PM

Nov 2009
He already knew that Yoshino was just pulling shit from out of his ass to make him admit that there really was a time difference . . . This anime is kind of forgetting previously established thought processes, which is slightly annoying. Plus if it took 3 generations of highly skilled mages to create that barrier, wouldn't you then imagine that it would take a considerable amount of time to find a way to break it? On the other hand it should only take a little bit of time to find Aika's murder . . . Although there is also the outside situation where the military has broken the force field pretty much and the tree is close to being finished . . . This all seems a tad bit late.
Nov 17, 2013 7:11 PM
May 2013
I literally didn't even notice the fan service that so many are talking about in this episode.

Even with the villains constant "There's no way he'll be able to figure out this out." quips, this may be my favorite episode, because dear god was the main character crafty!
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Jan 12, 2014 8:53 PM
Apr 2011
Good epiosde, not better than the previous, but this is just a continuation of it. Samon seems to really be weak minded, for a simple boy to intellectually outmaneuver you to this extend means that you aren't fit for a leader position, and your plan probably have some big holes in there. Of course, Yoshino doesn't seem to be your ordinary boy. Mahiro is reacting very calming to all of this chaos. He really doesn't care one way or another, but there are signs that he cares a bit more about being on Hakaze's side.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 25, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2013
I have this feeling that they will save Aika from the past and bring her to the future or something.
Jan 30, 2014 1:28 AM

Mar 2012
I approve of the fanservice in this episode c:
Mar 26, 2014 4:03 PM

Dec 2013
Yoshino used mindfuck attack,Samon got trolled , and Evangeline put a good fight against that spear user.Oh, my brain hurts, i'm getting some" Steins Gate " vibe from this episode. By the way, nice fanservice there xD
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
May 13, 2014 4:17 PM

Mar 2012
Damn good episode

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 31, 2014 6:55 AM

May 2012
Great development, I really like where this is going and I hope they manage to find a way to save her out of that time cage!
Sep 13, 2014 1:35 AM

Jul 2013
wow Yoshino... damn. I love badass leads those who can kick people's asses with their powers and skill but those clever dudes like Yoshino is just on another level. Like Lelouch and Light... damn. nice.

Yoshino's theory was wrong but it made a lot of sense compared to the steins ; gate shit Samon is pulling and the tree of Genesis who happens to have some connection with logic (I forgot) will do everything to save Hakaze. It connects the dots.

But if you ask me just a microwave oven and a maddo scientist will do the trick
Dec 24, 2014 2:17 AM

Nov 2014
Fiji said:
Also, Samon isn't a great antagonist. He is just a sore loser.

You're wrong. He's not an antagonist at all.
And 'loser'? I think he's pretty awesome, despite his annoying clinking sound of his fucking sword!!!
Dec 29, 2014 8:55 PM

Jun 2013
Mind blown.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.