Forum Settings
Forums

Project Attack Revealed To Be TV Anime of 'Shingeki no Kyojin'

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 5, 2012 9:19 PM
Aug 2011
Seeing the anime made by GC's team and the cast led by Yuuki Kaji blew my hype.
But still, this key visual looks awesome:

Dec 5, 2012 9:33 PM

Sep 2012
9988 said:
That said, as you often say to many of us, your idea(or at least you make it sound like it) that moe supports the whole anime industry "is only in your head".
Did I ever say Moe supports the Whole anime industry? I thought it was one idea that you like to talk about, but it is never what I said. I would say that the midnight anime, which constitutes a substantial part of anime industry and is almost the only thing some anime studios do, makes use of moe elements a lot, and there is indeed a perception that moe elements is a way to put a floor of support to the sales base line (although even that is far from guaranteed). It would be really simplistic to say that Moe supports the whole anime industry.

9988 said:
I bet you 10 bucks, that as far as merchandise go, a series like One Piece alone sells more merchandise that any or all current moe combined.
Well, we all know shows for kids (which adults can also enjoy) always have much bigger market -- and you don't need to go as far as One Piece, which just the manga is already dwarfing all the others, but look at what merchandise from shows like Detective Conan or PreCure sell. And every year almost always it is the "family anime" movies that take the top spots in movie box office, often beating the live-action titles.

9988 said:
The moe boom belongs to the current era, before this the anime industry was well established since the 60s, so believe it or not, the industry was making money even before the moe boom.
Never dispute that. Back in those days we had studios like Toei that is a big movie studio making big live action or tokusatsu movies and anime is almost a side business for them. Those days anime often had good rating (given the limited channel for entertainment in those days it was easier to achieve in those days) and merchandise sponsors were always keen on the next project. This is no longer the case now, at least outside the "kid shows" that got aired in morning or afternoon slots. There was no midnight anime in the 60s or even 90s.

9988 said:
noone can say for sure the same wont happen to moe, things change as time goes by, that is inevitable, it all will depend on what the fans of tomorrow will like.
Very true, as we can see how the mecha and space opera genre has declined and slice-of-life genre rose over the last decade or so. Some analysts see a close link with the shift of the young generation to a "herbivore mentality" and more introverted presence. Big scale hot-blooded drama in outer space is not that appealing to them, unless coming with cute girls and singing like Macross Frontier.

As for Moe itself, it is a moving target in my view: At the end, Moe is a description for elements that are present to invoke that "moe feeling". Some popular art style or character design traits are currently deemed as "moe" but of course this may change as fans taste may again shift, but still as long as there are elements that are deemed to produce such "moe feeling" to appeal to fans, MOE itself will live on. It may even be replaced by another slang word, but unless the business model is different from what we have now, MOE (or whatever new word coined to replace it) is likely to stay.
symbvDec 5, 2012 9:46 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 5, 2012 9:34 PM

May 2012

Ouma shoe voice , into Eren.

Disagree. Well fck it, lets just see how it goes. Hopefully the damage will be minimal .
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 5, 2012 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
That's actually bad news.

It is too soon for an anime, not enough material yet.
But even if it has an awful anime original ending, I will still watch it if just for Potato-chan.
Also, wasn't there going to be a movie soon?
Dec 5, 2012 9:42 PM

Jan 2011
FUCK YES I love this fucking manga I would have never expected it to get a adaption . I can't wait for all the horrible deaths and gore!
[center]
Dec 5, 2012 9:46 PM

Jul 2011
That key visual looks amazing very glad this is finally getting an adaptation. I thought this might end up like liar game, live action and no more. My only concerns is censorship, the length and how they are going to end it.

Also the main character bad ass? i guess he isn't a wimp but i think calling him a bad ass is quite a stretch.
Dec 5, 2012 9:47 PM

Apr 2010
Judging by the premise of the manga, and its high score and good reviews.. this should be great.

Dec 5, 2012 9:51 PM

Jan 2008
Akamitsu said:
Judging by the premise of the manga, and its high score and good reviews.. this should be great.

If only that was true. If only...

It usually leads to high expectations and hype, and if it doesn't reach those expectations and hype... shit gonna be going down.
Dec 5, 2012 9:57 PM

Nov 2011
Oh my God!............Please dont fuck up.
The Art of Eight
Dec 5, 2012 9:58 PM

Apr 2010
Paul said:
Akamitsu said:

If only that was true. If only...

It usually leads to high expectations and hype, and if it doesn't reach those expectations and hype... shit gonna be going down.

I remember when people were saying the same thing when the Deadman Wonderland anime was originally announced. Heh.

Dec 5, 2012 10:22 PM

Apr 2009
I also remember people saying that when the SAO anime was announced.
Dec 5, 2012 10:23 PM

May 2012
Amarrez said:

Oh shit.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 5, 2012 10:24 PM

Apr 2010
Amarrez said:

Andherewego.jpg

Dec 5, 2012 10:25 PM

May 2012
@ImagineThat

Compared to Shoe , yes he is.
Dec 5, 2012 11:18 PM

Nov 2007
I won't be watching this, but I'm glad that KajiKaji gets to practice more of manlier role. I know he will try his best. Dubbing is hard (I wanted to say something regarding to those negative comments about KajiKaji voicing him, but I will stop with it).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 5, 2012 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
Miyuki Sawashiro would have been perfect for Misaka.
[center]
Dec 5, 2012 11:57 PM

Sep 2012
Considering the popularity of the manga I'm not surprised! Hope they do a good job of adapting a great manga :)
Dec 6, 2012 12:15 AM

Apr 2009
tsubasalover said:
I won't be watching this, but I'm glad that KajiKaji gets to practice more of manlier role. I know he will try his best. Dubbing is hard (I wanted to say something regarding to those negative comments about KajiKaji voicing him, but I will stop with it).

I don't think 'manly' is the right way to describe Eren.
Dec 6, 2012 12:16 AM

Jul 2012
PlotExMachina said:

I find the premise pretty weird to be honest, but this piece of art is interesting.

There's also the raving around the manga to consider too. I guess it will be good.
LogicielDec 6, 2012 12:19 AM
Critic.
Dec 6, 2012 12:49 AM

Apr 2009
I still don't understand why everything is on fire.
Dec 6, 2012 12:56 AM

Apr 2011
They better don't mess up with my awesome manga there.
Dec 6, 2012 1:12 AM

May 2012
Amarrez said:

Yeah, now I find that weird. Cause in the manga.....................

Well maybe its special effects.
Dec 6, 2012 1:14 AM

May 2012
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:

What is the right way ?
Dec 6, 2012 1:14 AM
Mar 2009
Sounds rather interesting.

I hope he tries not to sound as high as he did with Shu...
Dec 6, 2012 1:16 AM

May 2012
ChronosXIII said:
Sounds rather interesting.

I hope he tries not to sound as high as he did with Shu...

exactly
Dec 6, 2012 1:41 AM

Mar 2011
PlotExMachina said:
Seeing the anime made by GC's team and the cast led by Yuuki Kaji blew my hype.
But still, this key visual looks awesome:

yeah, that looks pretty badass and awesome
Dec 6, 2012 2:21 AM

Dec 2010
Yessss. I knew this was going to be adapted to anime sooner or later! But honesty, I hope they don't mess up too much whith censorship... for the most violent scenes, I mean.
Dec 6, 2012 2:23 AM

Mar 2012
Damm the pic looks awesome... but why is everything burning? maybe they just did it to give an hellish atmosphere.
Dec 6, 2012 3:42 AM

Nov 2008
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:

Not manly, but certainly more rough and hot-blooded than I've ever heard Kaji sound. What really bugs me, though, is that he does have these naive or whiny moments that the VA excels at. And if they're planning to bring out more of that, I worry about their interpretation of the story. Eren might be a boyscout compared to Mikasa, but Kaji could make him far more annoying than he's supposed to be. I don't even dislike him, but I just can't imagine this working out.
I'm just gonna play it safe here and drop my expectations to the bottom.
Dec 6, 2012 3:49 AM

Feb 2012
Holy shit, not once did I think that the manga would get an anime adaptation, the manga is just too awesome to fuck it up, the studio better be prepared to go all out and deliver.
Dec 6, 2012 3:53 AM

May 2012
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:

Not manly, but certainly more rough and hot-blooded than I've ever heard Kaji sound. What really bugs me, though, is that he does have these naive or whiny moments that the VA excels at. And if they're planning to bring out more of that, I worry about their interpretation of the story. Eren might be a boyscout compared to Mikasa, but Kaji could make him far more annoying than he's supposed to be. I don't even dislike him, but I just can't imagine this working out.

Zhou said:
Holy shit, not once did I think that the manga would get an anime adaptation, the manga is just too awesome to fuck it up, the studio better be prepared to go all out and deliver.
Dec 6, 2012 5:19 AM

Jul 2011
Ok, let's see. Some high-praised manga will be adapted by Tetsuro Araki. Ok, now I'm hyping this.

As I said in an earlier post (too bad the thread disappeared :/ ), this director really knows about action sequences and intense pacing. Death Note was brillant with that amazing script and dramatic execution; HOTD was zombies and tits but highly entertaining with good pacing and amazing fight sequences; Guilty Crown... Well, GC script was way too stupid, to the point that even good action sequences like that one from the final of episode 04 annoyed me.

The key here is good script, and since manga fans really enjoy the original, I'm really interested in this.
I'm just afraid about the gory content; if it's intense, I'm sure the censorship will be heavy.

And yeah, I'm a bit tired of Kaji Yuki. Don't like how his voice seems to be exactly the same for every character he interprets. (Even Kana Hanazawa interpretations are more diversified)

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Dec 6, 2012 5:30 AM

Feb 2012
Like Nyuuu said i was originally hype for this but now im expected this to be complete garbage. Not that it will be since the manga is masterpiece but if it's at least decent then ill be pleasantly surprised.
Dec 6, 2012 5:33 AM

Nov 2011
I want to see Mikasa doing Mikasa things, please dont screw that up.
The Art of Eight
Dec 6, 2012 6:02 AM

May 2012
dankickyou said:
I want to see Mikasa doing Mikasa things, please dont screw that up.

Well i hope they wont screw the past arc too.
Dec 6, 2012 6:12 AM

Nov 2007
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:

Oh, sorry about that. More "rough and hot-blooded" then.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 6, 2012 6:12 AM

Jun 2008
dtshyk said:

Cast
Ellen: Kaji Yuki

Oh man, not him again... Im tired of his voice okay

Anyway, good news, just the type of anime I like~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 6, 2012 6:58 AM

Oct 2012
ORA YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KITA! KITA! KITA! KITA! KITA! I hope this turns out well..!! I won't forgive them if this one turns to shit

"Duty... There is nothing more precious than that feeling, which makes us think of our friends before ourselves."
Dec 6, 2012 6:59 AM

Oct 2012
ORA YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KITA! KITA! KITA! KITA! KITA! I hope this turns out well..!! I won't forgive them if this one turns to shit

"Duty... There is nothing more precious than that feeling, which makes us think of our friends before ourselves."
Dec 6, 2012 7:38 AM

Apr 2010
Kaji Yuki voices the lead?

Will watch.
Dec 6, 2012 8:01 AM

May 2012
Sounds promising and will most certainly watch; though the thought of the lead VA kinda makes me cringe.
Dec 6, 2012 8:20 AM

Mar 2008
VioLink said:
Miyuki Sawashiro would have been perfect for Misaka.

Yeah. Maybe Annie now.

Dec 6, 2012 9:07 AM

Jul 2010
Wasn't this supposed to be an original anime?

I dropped the manga a few months ago. The story and setting were interesting, but there was not a single character I liked.
Dec 6, 2012 9:08 AM

Mar 2011
Guess I'll wait for the anime then. But I'm tempted to get ahead so maybe I'll sneek a peek at the manga.

Also
HauntingShock said:
Kaji Yuki? All new studio? Will watch.
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Dec 6, 2012 10:06 AM

Apr 2009
Reinou said:

I dropped the manga a few months ago. The story and setting were interesting, but there was not a single character I liked.

How could you not like Sasha/Potato Girl?
Dec 6, 2012 10:13 AM

Nov 2010
Tommk said:
Amarrez said:

Yeah, now I find that weird. Cause in the manga.....................

Well maybe its special effects.
The manga didn't have that good of art, so it's not surprising for it to be different.

And I personally think at least the muscles of the giant should be more realistic. That's one of the cool things about them, they also have to get the running and the giant's noises right.
Dec 6, 2012 10:47 AM

Jan 2008
Huh, I've started reading the manga recently. I wonder how they'll proceed with the adaptation. It's quite gory with plenty unsettling scenes. I'm worried.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Dec 6, 2012 1:11 PM

Sep 2012
MIKASA!

It was damn time. I sure hope they won't fuck up this adapation.
Dec 6, 2012 1:16 PM

Feb 2010
Amarrez said:
Reinou said:

How could you not like Sasha/Potato Girl?

+1 and also Mikasa
Dec 6, 2012 1:38 PM

May 2011
Mikasa animated <3
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
4 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.