Forum Settings
Forums

Project Attack Revealed To Be TV Anime of 'Shingeki no Kyojin'

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 8, 2012 6:22 AM

May 2012
bippo said:

HYPE

and lastly but not least,

BloodRequiem said:
Fuck Yuki Kaji and his shitty voice.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 8, 2012 6:26 AM

Apr 2009
PlotExMachina said:
More cast
Jean: Kishow Taniyama
Annie: Yu Shimamura
Sasha: Yu Kobayashi
Christa: Shiori Mikami
Connie: Hiro Shimono
Marco: Ryota Ohsaka

No Rivaille yet.

Bet you anything it'll be FukuJun

Also, Yuu Kobayashi for Sasha? This'll be... interesting.
Dec 8, 2012 6:26 AM

May 2012
BloodRequiem said:
Why couldn't they have chosen someone a little manlier like Ono Daisuke for Eren?

Production team/directors love Kaji
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 8, 2012 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
That trailer...HOLY JESUS ON A POGO STICK! DAT EVERYTHING
The Art of Eight
Dec 8, 2012 7:03 AM

May 2012
But its kinda bad to get hyped up. As when shit gets real , we all will be let down.
Dec 8, 2012 8:05 AM
Sep 2012
Official trailer. HD this time.
Dec 8, 2012 8:25 AM

Sep 2012
In the announcement event there are disclosure of additional cast and singers for OP/ED. One thing that is intriguing to fans is that ED will be sung by Hikasa Youko but her name is not in the cast announced so far. So will she have a role in the anime? Many think that she must have a role in the anime, and perhaps a significant one too (a character who sings an ED is usually at least a supporting character in the anime). But who will she be? Or they invite Hikasa to only sing in this anime?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 8, 2012 8:31 AM

Jul 2009
Glad Linked Horizon is the OP artist. I wonder which singer will Revo call to sing this new song.... I have a feelings it's Ceui or mao.

The trailer looks great!
Dec 8, 2012 8:44 AM

May 2008
bippo said:

GET
FUCKING
HYPED
Dec 8, 2012 8:45 AM

Aug 2009
I wonder if everyone would hate Yuki Kaji if it wasnt for Shu.

Kupoop said:
bippo said:

GET
FUCKING
HYPED
Dec 8, 2012 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
Kupoop said:

GET
FUCKING
HYPED

Damn straight! Also, Mikasa is looking fine despite appearing for only one millisecond.
The Art of Eight
Dec 8, 2012 8:52 AM
Sep 2012

I hope we see more of this. Put it on slow motion so we can feel the same effect in the manga.
bippoDec 8, 2012 8:56 AM
Dec 8, 2012 8:55 AM

May 2009
Music: Hiroyuki Sawano

Okay, now you have my attention.
Dec 8, 2012 8:57 AM
Nov 2012
Very cool, can't wait.
Dec 8, 2012 9:16 AM

Jul 2010
DAFUQ THIS LOOKS SO FKING EPIC O_O
Dec 8, 2012 12:34 PM

Apr 2011

Trailer of the year, every year. Now i'm stoked like crazy, can't wait!

here's the HD version, oh the glory:
Dec 8, 2012 3:22 PM

Aug 2012
sagdashin said:

Trailer of the year, every year. Now i'm stoked like crazy, can't wait!

Agree, it looks awesome
Dec 8, 2012 3:50 PM

May 2012
stAtic91 said:
Music: Hiroyuki Sawano

Okay, now you have my attention.
Dec 8, 2012 6:13 PM

Jul 2012
wow this looks awesome the world better not end before i get to watch this or ill be mad as hell.
Dec 8, 2012 9:50 PM

Apr 2009
1. The manga is quite gory, but the way the show is animated makes it seem as if the gore will be quite quick.

This was in the trailer, for example.

2. Eren is actually pretty cool for the most part, and never reaches Shinji levels of whining. I'd say at least 1/2 the manga focuses on other central characters like Mikasa and Rivaille.

3. Can't say for now, but it looks like the CG is being used well in conjunction with hand drawn animation.
Dec 8, 2012 10:57 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, this'll be great if handled right. Am I one of the only few who actually likes Kaji Yuki? He's not bad when he doesn't get crappy roles like Shoe and Fat Shoe.
Dec 9, 2012 12:17 AM

May 2012
@jmal Yeah its a diversified focus, there is mikasa,rivaille , both of them are badass and strong too. Armin is intelligent instead. So yeah, you wont be disappointed and Just to let you know, this MC is kinda cold blooded since he was a kid.
Dec 9, 2012 12:17 AM

May 2012
Amarrez said:
1. The manga is quite gory, but the way the show is animated makes it seem as if the gore will be quite quick.

2. Eren is actually pretty cool for the most part, and never reaches Shinji levels of whining. I'd say at least 1/2 the manga focuses on other central characters like Mikasa and Rivaille.

3. Can't say for now, but it looks like the CG is being used well in conjunction with hand drawn animation.

Everything this sir said .
Dec 9, 2012 12:53 AM

Feb 2012
Amarrez said:

In my opinion, CG works best when it's in a fast-paced scene and the viewers can't dwell and stare at it for a long time. Look at the gif there, it's obvious that the buildings are CG, but since the scene is quite fast-paced, it doesn't really bother me, at least. I don't know about others though, but this kind of CG usage is very acceptable for me.
A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love.
Dec 9, 2012 12:53 AM

Jul 2011
Very nice PV, the 3D maneuver gear looks amazing in animation and the CG titans blend in quite nicely.

jmal said:
Amarrez said:

Hopefully. There's a place for very graphically violent series, but I have a hard time connecting to them. It's really situational, though. I liked, for example, Claymore. And a recent death-filled show I enjoyed was Another. But then there are other less graphic shows I've had to drop. I guess it's really hard to judge it consistently.

I'm personally hoping it stays true to the manga and we get a graphic depiction when it comes to gore and death. It may be morbid but i feel its imperative in illustrating the hopelessness, the affliction and just how frightening their world currently is. I feel some of that will be lost in translation if they tone it down too much.With that said, i've honestly never felt the level of gore in the manga was too excessive to the point i've felt disgusted but different strokes of course.
Dec 9, 2012 1:22 AM

Nov 2011
ImagineThat said:
Very nice PV, the 3D maneuver gear looks amazing in animation and the CG titans blend in quite nicely.

jmal said:
Amarrez said:

Hopefully. There's a place for very graphically violent series, but I have a hard time connecting to them. It's really situational, though. I liked, for example, Claymore. And a recent death-filled show I enjoyed was Another. But then there are other less graphic shows I've had to drop. I guess it's really hard to judge it consistently.

I'm personally hoping it stays true to the manga and we get a graphic depiction when it comes to gore and death. It may be morbid but i feel its imperative in illustrating the hopelessness, the affliction and just how frightening their world currently is. I feel some of that will be lost in translation if they tone it down too much.With that said, i've honestly never felt the level of gore in the manga was too excessive to the point i've felt disgusted but different strokes of course.

Yeah, I can't really base anything just yet from a PV, but I think the level of gore for the scene in that gif was fine. I mean the thing that I really like with what I've seen so far is the animation for all the 3D gear maneuvering is just amazing, but I imagine with so many things going on so fast because of all that quick moving around with the 3D gear some gory scenes won't get as explicit since they've got to happen in an instant since everyone and everything is continuously moving where in the manga of course we have like one panel for death and the next of them moving on.

Perfectly fine with it as long as I see this quality of animation for all the 3D gear maneuvering scenes. We'll find out how gory and violent it will get though when it comes out since we get some pretty delicious titan munching right away.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Dec 9, 2012 2:10 AM

May 2012
The little girl in the starting of the pv = Mikasa, I'm pretty sure of it.
Dec 9, 2012 2:12 AM

Apr 2009
Tommk said:

Well, yeah. She also shows up later with her hair cut short.

Armin also showed up as a kid, and that guy spinning through the forest had to be Rivaille.
Dec 9, 2012 2:17 AM

May 2012
Amarrez said:
Tommk said:

Armin also showed up as a kid, and that guy spinning through the forest had to be Rivaille.

Yeah, yup they followed the character designs in the manga, cheers to that ! And no its not rivaille, as i downloaded the hd vid and checked. Its a scout in combat , and I'm pretty sure he will meet his end. Maybe

And another good thing about the pv is that they emphasize on the gear more. They zoomed in to the gear, to show the audience a clear view of it. *scene in the forest*
FALLOUT4Dec 9, 2012 2:20 AM
Dec 9, 2012 2:23 AM

Nov 2011
Amarrez said:
Tommk said:

Mmm I don't think so.
I paused it and got a good look at him and he doesn't look like he could be Rivaille. Rivaille and Eren have quite a few resembling characteristics and when I looked at him it didn't look like either of them at all. I'm guessing it is, spoilers in case.

Touch me, you filthy casual~
Dec 9, 2012 2:27 AM

Apr 2009
Well, I was thinking it was Rivaille because he is the only one who pulls a lot of spinning moves in the manga.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/83611/shingeki-no-kyojin_v7_ch30_by_tdx/20

Like that. Spoilers etc.
Dec 9, 2012 2:35 AM

Dec 2012
OOOOOHHH, nice!!!! the manga was amazing. i hope it turn out good and not be another disappointment.
Dec 9, 2012 3:05 AM

May 2012
Ragix said:
Amarrez said:
Tommk said:

Mmm I don't think so.
I paused it and got a good look at him and he doesn't look like he could be Rivaille. Rivaille and Eren have quite a few resembling characteristics and when I looked at him it didn't look like either of them at all. I'm guessing it is, spoilers in case.

Thats what i thought too , and yeah like I said it aint rivaille. Now lets delete the spoilers shall we ?

@Amarrez Yeah man, but in the PV, that's not him for sure.
Dec 9, 2012 3:14 AM

Feb 2012
Ragix said:
ImagineThat said:
Perfectly fine with it as long as I see this quality of animation for all the 3D gear maneuvering scenes. We'll find out how gory and violent it will get though when it comes out since we get some pretty delicious titan munching right away.

I think the way how readers of the manga describe the gore is because it's a static form of media. For all intents and purposes, the death scene in the manga are all supposedly to be instantaneous, but because of the nature of a static media such as manga, the gore tends to get highlighted more than it's probably intended to. I think the violence and gore would translate well into anime.

I do wish that they would put some slomo death scene, just to placate some fans' desire for the spotlit gore.
A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love.
Dec 10, 2012 2:33 PM

Jun 2012
i destroyed the manga up until chapter 39 in 3 hours, lets pray they dont fuck this up.
Dec 10, 2012 7:04 PM

May 2012
Jakemonogatari said:
i destroyed the manga up until chapter 39 in 3 hours, lets pray they dont fuck this up.

LOL
Dec 10, 2012 11:34 PM

May 2009
How in the heck did I not hear about Project Attack being Shingeki no Kyojin! Attack on Titan is a really awesome manga! *_* lol and they just brought the manga just recently to America how convenient lol I'm really looking forward to this :D
Dec 11, 2012 6:24 AM

Feb 2010
Feels good to get on the hype train now. I remember the time when this manga was fairly unnoticed before ;)

The trailer's animation was good, Production I.G. really delivers.
Dec 11, 2012 10:04 AM
Oct 2010
Wow! This looks so good! ( Also I want Okamoto Nobuhiko as Rivaille XD )
Dec 11, 2012 1:55 PM

Jul 2012
Amarrez said:

Okay, I've been hearing the buzz about the manga and the recently announced anime but this now has my attention.
Critic.
Dec 11, 2012 9:23 PM

Jul 2012
Absolutely wonderful. I.G. and a new studio? Should be interesting anyways and the trailer looks amazing.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 12, 2012 7:56 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah the animations are friggin awesome.
Dec 12, 2012 9:38 AM

Dec 2008
I've been disappointed with the manga for a while now, but the trailer looks awesome. Will definitely be checking this out.
Jan 19, 2013 11:59 AM

Aug 2011
WoW...looking forward to this ... i had read the manga a while ago .. i think i lost track of it or it wasn't updated .. but i like this :X

note: Psychopath is my name on a Game so this sig is mine . no copy/paste :)
Jan 19, 2013 3:59 PM

Dec 2012
I have many opinions about this series being made into an anime. I don't know how exactly to feel about it, so I think it's best if I put it this way.
A hentai podcast!

Jan 25, 2013 5:52 AM

Jan 2013
can't wait ~.~
Jan 25, 2013 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
realglitch said:
I have many opinions about this series being made into an anime. I don't know how exactly to feel about it, so I think it's best if I put it this way.

GET HYPED
Feb 1, 2013 7:27 PM

Nov 2012
Niko-kun said:
Amarrez said:

Okay, I've been hearing the buzz about the manga and the recently announced anime but this now has my attention.

yeah if they maintain that animation and seiyuu quality, for the 21th times I said this-- SnK will be the best anime ever I've ever watched.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Feb 2, 2013 7:04 AM

Dec 2012
Most hyped anime of Spring season. There, I called it xD. If Shadow of the Colossus were animated, this would be it. Giant killing in Greek mythology style is a pretty new concept in anime, so I hope they don't mess this up.
Feb 17, 2013 2:22 AM

Feb 2010
ThangLong said:
Most hyped anime of Spring season.

Forget spring season, this is gonna be one of the best this year B-).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
6 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.