Forum Settings
Forums

Project Attack Revealed To Be TV Anime of 'Shingeki no Kyojin'

New
Dec 5, 2012 6:01 PM

Feb 2008
According to Bessatsu Shonen Magazine, the previously announced "Project Attack" was revealed to be the TV anime of Shingeki no Kyojin.

Trailer

Cast
Ellen: Kaji Yuki
Misaka: Ishikawa Yui
Armin: Inoue Marina

Source: Scan of Bessatsu Shonen Magazine

Shingeki no Kyojin on MAL
dtshykJun 20, 2017 12:04 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 5, 2012 6:08 PM
Jun 2012
NOW this is a really good news, actually made my day out of my exams jajaja
Dec 5, 2012 6:16 PM
Apr 2011
Hopefully they don't screw this up. Shingeki no Kyojin is amazing.
Dec 5, 2012 6:18 PM

May 2011
KajiKaji is in the show?

Hmm, Shu vibe perhaps? But this should be interesting.
Dec 5, 2012 6:35 PM

Jun 2011
Wit Studio? New production group I assume?
Dec 5, 2012 6:36 PM

Nov 2008
Urgggggggg... Yuuki Kaiji again? Getting tired of that guy :/
Dec 5, 2012 6:43 PM

Apr 2012
Fuck you Kaji Yuki. You're gonna fucking ruin this.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 5, 2012 6:44 PM

Apr 2009
It's not Ellen, it's Eren.
Dec 5, 2012 6:45 PM

May 2012
BloodRequiem said:
Fuck you Kaji Yuki. You're gonna fucking ruin this.
\

Boss/Badass main character + Ouma shoe voice = ??????
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 5, 2012 6:45 PM

Jul 2010
I strangely want to watch a good revenge anime, like the whole sasuke thing. hopefully this turns out well

Dec 5, 2012 6:46 PM

May 2012
Amarrez said:
It's not Ellen, it's Eren.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 5, 2012 6:47 PM

Apr 2012
supermegasonic said:
I strangely want to watch a good revenge anime, like the whole sasuke thing. hopefully this turns out well

...I don't know what to say...
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 5, 2012 6:51 PM

May 2012
BloodRequiem said:
supermegasonic said:

I guess its better not to say it out .
Dec 5, 2012 6:59 PM

Jan 2010
Well that's good news at least.
Ok™
Dec 5, 2012 7:38 PM

Apr 2012
Silentdaydream said:
Originality; at least in some contexts, this is good news good news indeed. Well, as long as they stay on point with the general running of the manga, and it's well animated that is O-&-<

Just hope it isn't an anime original ending...
Dec 5, 2012 7:42 PM

Jan 2009
aw its not a original anime story *sad face*
Dec 5, 2012 7:46 PM

Sep 2012
Just one word: FINALLY

Given the huge hypes surrounding the manga in the manga review circles in Japan for the last few years (and the associated sales) it is always a question when it will be adapted into anime.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 5, 2012 7:54 PM

Sep 2012
Shih said:
Wit Studio? New production group I assume?
It is a studio established this June as part of the IG PORT group which also owns Production IG. I read that although IG PORT owns most of this studio, substantial shares of it are also owned by 2 of the senior executives / producers from Production IG.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 5, 2012 8:02 PM

Jul 2010
Finally a good anime, this seaon and the next one seem pretty bad, I wish they make more Seinen and less moe in the future (not gonna happen T_T)
Dec 5, 2012 8:12 PM

May 2012
maruseru said:
Finally a good anime, this seaon and the next one seem pretty bad, I wish they make more Seinen and less moe in the future (not gonna happen T_T)

I understand you perfectly well. It could be we are on good track, revival of older series and new anime like this and more shoujo recently hopefully its a sign.

This season we have uber kick ass Jojo, which you are watching it seems, other recommendation would be Jormungand (you dropped it form some reason thou) and Shinsekai Yori The extremely weak winter season its saved by Chihaya for me.

Anyway looking forward to this kick ass manga getting animated, hope it does not get a darn original anime ending, it should cut in an appropriate point and leave it at that.
9988Dec 5, 2012 9:25 PM
Dec 5, 2012 8:30 PM

Apr 2010
I'm weary of this. I love battle shonen stuff, and this is apparently shonen... but the few pics I've seen of it look quite gory, more like a horror seinen thing. What should I expect?

Dec 5, 2012 8:40 PM

Sep 2012
^ Shonen can be gory too, although often they are so gory as to become (un)intentionally funny like Hokuto no Ken.

Dec 5, 2012 8:44 PM

Sep 2012
maruseru said:
This is not how the anime industry runs. Just think: are you going to buy the anime or merchandise or even the original manga if they make non-moe seinen? No? Then what do they gain by making those anime? If anything seinen has better chances to be made into live-action (if not much nudity or costly special effect is needed), like JIN or KAMI NO SHIZUKU for example.
symbvDec 5, 2012 9:04 PM

Dec 5, 2012 8:46 PM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
^ Shonen can be gory too, although often they are so gory as to become (un)intentionally funny like Hokuto no Ken.

Ah, if its in the vein of a Hokuto no Ken or JoJo, then I'll skip this one. I like the shows like One Piece, Fairy Tail, Index, Sword Art Online, etc.

Dec 5, 2012 8:54 PM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Ah, if its in the vein of a Hokuto no Ken or JoJo, then I'll skip this one. I like the shows like One Piece, Fairy Tail, Index, Sword Art Online, etc.
I have not read the manga in detail, but the gore level is not low even though not as dramatic as JoJo. There is a proper story there though. One interesting thing about this manga is when it was declared as "Best Manga of the Year" by a survey a few years ago, there were a lot of disbelief among manga fans in Japan because its art quality is really kind of rough and at times even amateurish, and apparently it is the story and how it is presented in the manga format that got it the thumbs-up. Personally I never feel like checking the manga even after that acclaim it got, but I would check the anime when it comes out.

Dec 5, 2012 8:54 PM

Jul 2010
Tommk said:
BloodRequiem said:
supermegasonic said:
I strangely want to watch a good revenge anime, like the whole Sasuke thing. hopefully this turns out well

I guess its better not to say it out .

not sure if misunderstanding, or you've read teh manga.
i meant like go on a quest to have revenge. if I took the Sasuke bit out, might have been recommended som f---ed up series....

Dec 5, 2012 9:03 PM
Aug 2012
Sweet, definitely give this a watch.
Dec 5, 2012 9:06 PM

Feb 2012
Kaji Yuki? All new studio? Will watch.
Dec 5, 2012 9:13 PM

May 2012
symbv said:
maruseru said:
This is not how anime industry runs. Just think: are you going to buy the anime or merchandise if they make non-moe seinen? No? Then what do they gain by making those anime? If anything seinen has better chances to be made into live-action (if not much nudity or costly special effect is needed), like JIN or KAMI NO SHIZUKU for example.

Good look trying to covince someone who despises moe and belongs to the an anti.moe hater club.

That said, as you often say to many of us, your idea(or at least you make it sound like it) that moe supports the whole anime industry "is only in your head".

I bet you 10 bucks, that as far as merchandise go, a series like One Piece alone sells more merchandise that any or all current moe combined.

I bet you 10 bucks too that a mainstream series gets more revenue than dvd/bluray and merchandise of any moe, fanservice, or basically a late night anime series via ratings alone.

The moe boom belongs to the current era, before this the anime industry was well established since the 60s, so believe it or not, the industry was making money even before the moe boom.

You are right, that for late night anime and disc sales, to make money the way to go ins indeed moe and or fanservice, no one can deny its what hardcore fans want today, this does not mean it will always be like this for perpetuity however, eveything changes as time passes, perspectives, fans themselves, trends, etc, what sold well a decade ago, or maybe 7-8 years ago now it does not, what sold well in the 70s, did not in the 80s an a new era was born, same in the 90s, noone can say for sure the same wont happen to moe, things change as time goes by, that is inevitable, it all will depend on what the fans of tomorrow will like.
Dec 5, 2012 9:15 PM

Oct 2008
Sweeeeeet! Looking forward to this one.
Dec 5, 2012 9:19 PM
Aug 2011
Seeing the anime made by GC's team and the cast led by Yuuki Kaji blew my hype.
But still, this key visual looks awesome:

Dec 5, 2012 9:33 PM

Sep 2012
9988 said:
That said, as you often say to many of us, your idea(or at least you make it sound like it) that moe supports the whole anime industry "is only in your head".
Did I ever say Moe supports the Whole anime industry? I thought it was one idea that you like to talk about, but it is never what I said. I would say that the midnight anime, which constitutes a substantial part of anime industry and is almost the only thing some anime studios do, makes use of moe elements a lot, and there is indeed a perception that moe elements is a way to put a floor of support to the sales base line (although even that is far from guaranteed). It would be really simplistic to say that Moe supports the whole anime industry.

9988 said:
I bet you 10 bucks, that as far as merchandise go, a series like One Piece alone sells more merchandise that any or all current moe combined.
Well, we all know shows for kids (which adults can also enjoy) always have much bigger market -- and you don't need to go as far as One Piece, which just the manga is already dwarfing all the others, but look at what merchandise from shows like Detective Conan or PreCure sell. And every year almost always it is the "family anime" movies that take the top spots in movie box office, often beating the live-action titles.

9988 said:
The moe boom belongs to the current era, before this the anime industry was well established since the 60s, so believe it or not, the industry was making money even before the moe boom.
Never dispute that. Back in those days we had studios like Toei that is a big movie studio making big live action or tokusatsu movies and anime is almost a side business for them. Those days anime often had good rating (given the limited channel for entertainment in those days it was easier to achieve in those days) and merchandise sponsors were always keen on the next project. This is no longer the case now, at least outside the "kid shows" that got aired in morning or afternoon slots. There was no midnight anime in the 60s or even 90s.

9988 said:
noone can say for sure the same wont happen to moe, things change as time goes by, that is inevitable, it all will depend on what the fans of tomorrow will like.
Very true, as we can see how the mecha and space opera genre has declined and slice-of-life genre rose over the last decade or so. Some analysts see a close link with the shift of the young generation to a "herbivore mentality" and more introverted presence. Big scale hot-blooded drama in outer space is not that appealing to them, unless coming with cute girls and singing like Macross Frontier.

As for Moe itself, it is a moving target in my view: At the end, Moe is a description for elements that are present to invoke that "moe feeling". Some popular art style or character design traits are currently deemed as "moe" but of course this may change as fans taste may again shift, but still as long as there are elements that are deemed to produce such "moe feeling" to appeal to fans, MOE itself will live on. It may even be replaced by another slang word, but unless the business model is different from what we have now, MOE (or whatever new word coined to replace it) is likely to stay.
symbvDec 5, 2012 9:46 PM

Dec 5, 2012 9:34 PM

May 2012

Ouma shoe voice , into Eren.

Disagree. Well fck it, lets just see how it goes. Hopefully the damage will be minimal .
Dec 5, 2012 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
That's actually bad news.

It is too soon for an anime, not enough material yet.
But even if it has an awful anime original ending, I will still watch it if just for Potato-chan.
Also, wasn't there going to be a movie soon?
Dec 5, 2012 9:42 PM

Jan 2011
FUCK YES I love this fucking manga I would have never expected it to get a adaption . I can't wait for all the horrible deaths and gore!
[center]
Dec 5, 2012 9:46 PM

Jul 2011
That key visual looks amazing very glad this is finally getting an adaptation. I thought this might end up like liar game, live action and no more. My only concerns is censorship, the length and how they are going to end it.

Also the main character bad ass? i guess he isn't a wimp but i think calling him a bad ass is quite a stretch.
Dec 5, 2012 9:47 PM

Apr 2010
Judging by the premise of the manga, and its high score and good reviews.. this should be great.

Dec 5, 2012 9:51 PM

Jan 2008
Akamitsu said:
Judging by the premise of the manga, and its high score and good reviews.. this should be great.

If only that was true. If only...

It usually leads to high expectations and hype, and if it doesn't reach those expectations and hype... shit gonna be going down.
Dec 5, 2012 9:57 PM

Nov 2011
Oh my God!............Please dont fuck up.
The Art of Eight
Dec 5, 2012 9:58 PM

Apr 2010
Paul said:
Akamitsu said:

If only that was true. If only...

It usually leads to high expectations and hype, and if it doesn't reach those expectations and hype... shit gonna be going down.

I remember when people were saying the same thing when the Deadman Wonderland anime was originally announced. Heh.

Dec 5, 2012 10:22 PM

Apr 2009
I also remember people saying that when the SAO anime was announced.
Dec 5, 2012 10:23 PM

May 2012
Amarrez said:

Oh shit.
Dec 5, 2012 10:24 PM

Apr 2010
Amarrez said:

Andherewego.jpg

Dec 5, 2012 10:25 PM

May 2012
@ImagineThat

Compared to Shoe , yes he is.
Dec 5, 2012 11:18 PM

Nov 2007
I won't be watching this, but I'm glad that KajiKaji gets to practice more of manlier role. I know he will try his best. Dubbing is hard (I wanted to say something regarding to those negative comments about KajiKaji voicing him, but I will stop with it).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 5, 2012 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
Miyuki Sawashiro would have been perfect for Misaka.
[center]
Dec 5, 2012 11:57 PM

Sep 2012
Considering the popularity of the manga I'm not surprised! Hope they do a good job of adapting a great manga :)
Dec 6, 2012 12:15 AM

Apr 2009
tsubasalover said:
I won't be watching this, but I'm glad that KajiKaji gets to practice more of manlier role. I know he will try his best. Dubbing is hard (I wanted to say something regarding to those negative comments about KajiKaji voicing him, but I will stop with it).

I don't think 'manly' is the right way to describe Eren.
Dec 6, 2012 12:16 AM

Jul 2012
PlotExMachina said:

I find the premise pretty weird to be honest, but this piece of art is interesting.

There's also the raving around the manga to consider too. I guess it will be good.
LogicielDec 6, 2012 12:19 AM
Critic.
Dec 6, 2012 12:49 AM

Apr 2009
I still don't understand why everything is on fire.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 7 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
51 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

65 by Stardew »»
56 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.