Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 15, 2008 10:03 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:25 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 15, 2008 10:28 AM

Feb 2008
angel999 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
RAW came out!GREAT EPISODE! At least no fanservice like before! Story is following manga in the sense that Nagi VS Zange is getting more intense!

No screenshots? ^^
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Nov 15, 2008 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
Oh man.. this episode ended so abrupt I couldn't belive they spent a whole episode with Nagi in the Oshi-ire (wall closet?), but it was not boring at any time.
Nov 15, 2008 5:31 PM

Nov 2008
"It's a Sony!"

Ah, to be that roach with all the girls sitting on their knees like that... <g>

Actually, this episode was a lot like a radio play.

BTW - I was surprised that Nagi didn't think to blackmail Jin with the girly mags while all the other girls were there.
Nov 16, 2008 2:57 AM

Jul 2008
Anybody see the difference:

NAGI WATCHING ANIME:

LALA WATCHING ANIME minus RITO OUT OF THE PIC:

asandari said:
I have to admit... I laughed out loud a couple times in the episode. Particularly with the Akiba's scene(s).

The comedy was pretty disruptive, but since it was actually funny I could forgive it, for once. Better than the last two episodes, but I hope it'll get back to the plot soon.

Also, in response to some earlier comments... Nagi did not look like she particularly enjoyed the anime episode.

I guess you got one difference between Lala anf Nagi! So Nagi is more demanding than Lala in anime..........hmmmmm I wonder. The comparing WAS JUST FOR FUN!

angel999Nov 16, 2008 4:39 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 16, 2008 3:52 AM

Nov 2007
I totally thought I had forgotten about what happened it ep 6 since I assumed Nagi was making a fuss about something from that ep...
Nov 16, 2008 4:19 AM

Jun 2008
Weird episode i dont even know if i liked it or not

evirob said:
I totally thought I had forgotten about what happened it ep 6 since I assumed Nagi was making a fuss about something from that ep...

lol the same thing happened to me but at the end it was a pointless thing
Nov 16, 2008 4:23 AM

Oct 2007
"I have two lives"

"Actually, I have three lives"

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 16, 2008 4:24 AM

Feb 2008
evirob said:
I thought the same for about 2 minutes. Then it hit me that was just part of the magic.

Anyway, that was the most hilarious anime episode I've ever seen, I was in tears over the second "It's a Sony." Only Akiba would have brought a BD and a Betamax video tape!

On to the technical side, or something; the pacing was perfect in this episode, the editing and comedic timing were perfect and the animation in the bug scene was awesome. The ED Lolikko episode was great too, that show might make a decent anime on its own.

The best episode so far IMO. Only Kannagi can do an episode where the female lead is in the closet for 90% of the episode and still make it hilarious. Bravo!
Nov 16, 2008 4:27 AM

Jul 2007
I have to admit... I laughed out loud a couple times in the episode. Particularly with the Akiba's scene(s).

The comedy was pretty disruptive, but since it was actually funny I could forgive it, for once. Better than the last two episodes, but I hope it'll get back to the plot soon.

Also, in response to some earlier comments... Nagi did not look like she particularly enjoyed the anime episode.
asandariNov 16, 2008 4:30 AM
Nov 16, 2008 4:37 AM

Feb 2008
angel999 said:
Anybody see the difference:

NAGI WATCHING ANIME:
http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo220/darkside099/vlcsnap-00553.jpg

LALA WATCHING ANIME minus RITO OUT OF THE PIC:
http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo220/darkside099/vlcsnap-00554.jpg

You just HAD to bright up that awful episode, didn't you...

Zange-chan was awesome as usual. Pity Hakua though..
Akiba-kun to the rescue.
Nov 16, 2008 4:49 AM

Aug 2008
Dad! Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet!

This was a fantastic and adorable ep! I liked:
- the discussion between Nagi and Jin at the start
- Zange-chan doing her thing
- Tsugumi in general but especially when she looked at the game, lol
- the "brokeback mountain" reunion of the guys
Nov 16, 2008 5:07 AM

Nov 2007
This is easily summed up thusly:

It's a Sony!
Nov 16, 2008 5:10 AM

Jul 2008
Well, I didn't expect the entire episode to be focused around this, but it wasn't that bad at all.

-Zange being sexy will always be good.

-Akiba = Win in so many, many ways.
Nov 16, 2008 5:36 AM

Jul 2008
really funny episode, was confused at the beginning first and didnt expect something stupid like over recording lol^^

Nov 16, 2008 5:58 AM
Nov 2007
First Pizza Hut, now Sony. How many brands we know going to be appear in Kannagi, lol ?

My fav scene will be the First Person View of the bug, it is cool to see it done 2D way instead of combining today new tech way of 3D background or character. This animationis top notch!
Nov 16, 2008 6:32 AM

Aug 2008
Almost whole episode without knowing what the hell was that all about ;] Nice one but it'll be hard to beat previous episode.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 16, 2008 7:15 AM
May 2008
that episode made me raise its score to 9 xD
Nov 16, 2008 7:40 AM
Jul 2007
kuroshiroi said:

I was in tears over the second "It's a Sony."

Me too

Nov 16, 2008 7:47 AM

Jan 2008
ok okay episode

3.5/5
Nov 16, 2008 8:09 AM

Dec 2007
I was quite confused at the beginning since I couldn't recall what happened in ep 6 and what the fight was about, but later on I noticed it just wasn't me. I had some great laughs along the way. Nice episode.
Nov 16, 2008 8:20 AM

Jul 2008
Just some thoughts after subs:

Tsugumi is now OFFICIALLY TOO SHY SHY GIRL! XD

Jin is Too PURE PURE BOY!

The reason is stupider than I think..............anime? Wait cute show that one watches recorded over old anime show..........HELL I can download this from internet. Jin think more!

I admit it is weird that Nagi was cheking the magazine s of Jin since they were ecchi.

So it was not that bad the whole Zange thing. Just losing conscious due to blood lost!

angel999Nov 16, 2008 8:25 AM
Nov 16, 2008 8:43 AM

Jun 2008
Best episode so far, the way the comedy was focused on the dialogue instead of on the action was great. And ironically we hardly get to see Nagi's figure throughout the episode.

The 2 minute skit of Lilikko-Cutie or something at the end was amazingly well animated, I'm bumping up my score for the series by one point right now.
Nov 16, 2008 9:09 AM

Jul 2007
It's a Sony.

LOL @ blu-ray and betamax
Nov 16, 2008 9:23 AM

Aug 2008
Spy47 said:
It's a Sony.

sony can lose, but also can win ^^

btw, i loved whole the ep till the end :D
Nov 16, 2008 9:28 AM

Aug 2008
Hilarious episode. Loved it...Akiba is becoming a favorite character in this series for me. Everything with him is done so well. The end take with Mikuriya after he apologizes was done very well...could have gone into Family Guy territory for prolonging too much, but it was just the right amount of time.
Nov 16, 2008 10:04 AM

Jun 2008
This episode is something extremely hard to describe. Fucking hilarious for sure. And the comedy was brilliant. My stomach is now in pain.

"Actually, I have three lives", "I like boobs though", I was always sorry", basically the whole ending Lolikko sequence was pure fucking win, as was "It's a Sony!", the bug scene, the moment Akiba and Jin ran to eachother (seriously, I was what-the-fucking at that moment while wiping tears out of my eyes), fuck, the whole episode was way too good.
Nov 16, 2008 10:08 AM

Feb 2008
Oh wow, this was hilarious.
Nov 16, 2008 10:23 AM
Oct 2008
It was alright one of the funnier episodes of late but still didnt really advance the story kind of a point less episode
Nov 16, 2008 10:36 AM

Mar 2008
ok episode. i really wanted to see Zange and Jin....
also, nagi sure got hot in an odd place, didnt she....reading too much, perhaps?
Its a Sony!
finally, that might be the weirdest magical girl show ever.
Nov 16, 2008 10:48 AM

Sep 2008
Pretty funny episode, but I was really confused in the beginning though xD I thought maybe I missed an episode or something. Not only did they take too long to describe why Nagi shut herself in the closet, but it was over something too silly to be that dramatic over. Considering Nagi said that what Jin did was unforgivable and that it was something he did while she was taking a bath, I was almost getting the impression that he walked in on her while she was bathing. I mean, at least Jin was trying to do something good for her by taping one of her favorite shows so she would be able to see it after her bath. Unfortunately it just turned out negatively for him.

Episodes of Kannagi individually are very entertaining, but I was under the impression that this was supposed to be a series with an actual storyline. The storyline is getting pretty weak with each "filler" they are showing and considering this series is supposed to be only thirteen episodes, the plot seems like it is going to be rushed to achieve a sufficient ending.

Nov 16, 2008 10:56 AM

Nov 2007
I have not laughed out loud like that in a while.

It's a Sony
Nov 16, 2008 12:08 PM

Feb 2008
Its a Sony Everybody haha. the irony is that both are two technologies sony invested in whom many people may not know about.

the whole mystery of what he did bothered me for a while, and the innuendo was a bit much. cant expect any less.
Nov 16, 2008 12:10 PM

Feb 2008
Spy47 said:
It's a Sony.

That was hilarious! Not much happened. Nevertheless the episode was great.
Nov 16, 2008 12:17 PM

Jul 2008
Asako said:
This is easily summed up thusly:

It's a Sony!

QFT.

I think we all loved that. Great episode. Akiba is still the single greatest character in this series. Best episode to date imo, filler-ish, but it had my Nagitorch, pr0n and Zange. It's all win, in Kannagi! Also, I can't honestly say there was a boring part outside of the first two minutes where I was horribly confused. It was hilarious.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 16, 2008 12:30 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
RAW came out!GREAT EPISODE! At least no fanservice like before! The closet thing in this epsiode..........I have a few theories:

1. Nagi has REALM issues. In the sense that she confines herself in a closet and somehow adapt to it.

2. Jin scolded her for something and it made her personality go out of control thus a claustrophobic reaction. Since she sleeps in Jin's room, she could have though of it before anything like this happens.

3. She might have a issue with the CAFE in the last episode and thus it comes back to Jin scolding her for something. Which makes me think that Tsugumi mentioned to him about WOMEN sensitivity and ways of speaking.

Lolwut? People can't hide in closets without a SUPER THEORY nowadays? You do realize Nagi just hid in the closet because she didn't want to see Jin's face since she was mad? Over-analysis for the lose.

angel999 said:
ONE THING OF WTF is Nagi apparently can teleport things to her by shining her new power beam!

Or she could've just snuck out of the closet when nobody was in the room...

angel999 said:
AT THE ED THAT WAS SO BAD!

lolzwut? The ED was pure awesome.

angel999 said:
OK this is weird! Why would Nagi need to cool down and blow that cooling wind in between her skirt. I mean girls don't need to cool down what they have between their legs.

....LOL *facedesks*

angel999 said:
OK NAGI WENT TO LONG in that closet from day TO DAWN!

Or...it could've been dusk. You know.... the end of the day? Evening approaching?

Anyway, this was an awesome episode. Takako is probably one of my favorite characters in this show. Her reactions to Akiba's otaku-ness is just hilarious. I rofl'd when Akiba came with the blu-ray disc and the betamax. That was classic.

It's a Sony.
Nov 16, 2008 12:40 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:
RAW came out!GREAT EPISODE! At least no fanservice like before! The closet thing in this epsiode..........I have a few theories:

1. Nagi has REALM issues. In the sense that she confines herself in a closet and somehow adapt to it.

2. Jin scolded her for something and it made her personality go out of control thus a claustrophobic reaction. Since she sleeps in Jin's room, she could have though of it before anything like this happens.

3. She might have a issue with the CAFE in the last episode and thus it comes back to Jin scolding her for something. Which makes me think that Tsugumi mentioned to him about WOMEN sensitivity and ways of speaking.

Lolwut? People can't hide in closets without a SUPER THEORY nowadays? You do realize Nagi just hid in the closet because she didn't want to see Jin's face since she was mad? Over-analysis for the lose.

angel999 said:
ONE THING OF WTF is Nagi apparently can teleport things to her by shining her new power beam!

angel999 said:

angel999 said:
OK this is weird! Why would Nagi need to cool down and blow that cooling wind in between her skirt. I mean girls don't need to cool down what they have between their legs.

....LOL *facedesks*

angel999 said:

Or...it could've been dusk. You know.... the end of the day? Evening approaching?

Anyway, this was an awesome episode. Takako is probably one of my favorite characters in this show. Her reactions to Akiba's otaku-ness is just hilarious. I rofl'd when Akiba came with the blu-ray disc and the betamax. That was classic.

It's a Sony.

YEAH IT WAS DUSK! Damn! COOL COMMENTS! KEEP THEM COMING!
Nov 16, 2008 12:48 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode again, i really laughed a lot ^^
I'm really surprised Nagi made such a fuss like that ^^
Nov 16, 2008 1:30 PM

Jul 2007
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:

angel999 said:

angel999 said:

angel999 said:

....LOL *facedesks*

angel999 said:

It's a Sony.

apparently angel999 should stop watching raws and claiming to understand what was being said there. and apparently he is a masochist who likes to receive comments from you XD

anyways, this episode was GREAT. from the 'hype' of keeping the real reason why nagi was in the closet for almost the whole ep to the brokeback scene, to the epic ED, and even to the 'all star cast' trying to lure nagi out. not to mention the long dramatic monologue of jin + his WTF face when he finds out nagi wasnt there anymore. LMAO.

IT'S A SONY!
Nov 16, 2008 1:32 PM

Mar 2008
I can feel the lucky star this episode

Pretty funny episode. The main plot was a bit lacking but the humor is there, so it was alright
Nov 16, 2008 1:47 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was ridiculous! I loved it, though. Nagi was stubborn until the very end. And I had a feeling that she wouldn't be there while Jin was trying to apologize to her!
Nov 16, 2008 2:31 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-And we kick things off with an action packed scene of Jin arguing with his closet, and losing.

-LOL He just asked Nagi to come out of the closet. "But Im not in the closet."

-Tsugumi: "I heard all about it." Well we didnt, what the heck happened?

-Return of the Nagi-Laser! :D

-Negotiations seem to have broken down, we must now use force.

-Nagi: "Oishinbou in my right hand, Capilus in my left, with these I can fight for another ten years!" = Greatest line ive all week!

-WHAT THE HELL DID HE DO?

-Im starting to think this episode was made because their is only one person on the planet who can draw Nagi, and he was on vacation the week this was made and for some reason they couldn't wait for him.

-Thats like a twisted reenactment of the Amaterasu in a cave legend, Zange.

-Zange-chan is no longer allowed to go anywhere within 20 yards of Jin...

-Holy crap those two girls can teleport?!?

-I think about half the people in that room are perverts in one way or another.

-Zange: "Its getting hot in here." You keep those clothes on you creepy girl...

-Hurray, Roach-vision!

-...THAT IS WHY SHE IS IN THE CLOSET!?!

-"Its a Sony." I really hope Sony paid money for this episode.

Post Episode comments:

I have no idea why they felt the need to make a filler episode. At no point was the plot advanced, nor was there any character development, nor was the episode particularly entertaining. Hell Zange actually has far more screen time in this episode than Nagi, which normally I would say is a good thing but not after this episode *shiver*. I really really hope this is just something that was thrown together at the last moment for some reason and that this doesnt become a trend in later episodes.

Nov 16, 2008 3:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
LOL

*that was not spam*
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 16, 2008 4:08 PM

Jan 2007
god loved the episode. of course, "It's a sony" was my favorite part. The way Akiba said was just awesome.
Nov 16, 2008 5:07 PM
Dec 2007
Akiba and Jin's reunion was FABULOUS.
Just wish there was more Nagi...
Nov 16, 2008 5:35 PM

Nov 2007
Faust721 said:
god loved the episode. of course, "It's a sony" was my favorite part. The way Akiba said was just awesome.

Hmm ... i'm not a specialist XD
I think i don't understand all the meaning of this "it's a sony !" lol
/??

A really good and funny episode, with great moment like the Jin and Akiba's reunion ("Akiba" ... "Mikuriya" ... "Akiba" ... "Mikuriya" ... XXD) or the Tsugumi's bentos lol

Since the beginning an excellent show !! =D

Nov 16, 2008 5:53 PM

Jul 2008
lol! "..all of them have big tits"

priceless!
Nov 16, 2008 6:09 PM

Aug 2007
angel999 said:

OK!Apparently NAGI can now teleport things with her new LIGHT BEAM!)tppk Jin's water bottle! O_O That IS JUST INCREDIBLE! (You can rob a bank like that!).

Rofl.
How inaccurate you are.
That's what you get from watching a raw and only basing it on your observations.
Nov 16, 2008 6:27 PM

Jul 2008
Darkreaper70 said:
angel999 said:

OK!Apparently NAGI can now teleport things with her new LIGHT BEAM!)tppk Jin's water bottle! O_O That IS JUST INCREDIBLE! (You can rob a bank like that!).

Rofl.
How inaccurate you are.
That's what you get from watching a raw and only basing it on your observations.

You telling me she took while they were gone? You don't see them go out when she does that. So where are my observations wrong?

BTW I saw also Subbed
Nov 16, 2008 6:30 PM

Nov 2007
Your observational and interpretation skills are quite lacking, it seems. It was fairly clear she snaked the bottle while they were briefly outside, answering the door, being distracted etc.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 27, 2008

222 by __FK__ »»
Feb 21, 12:36 PM

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dtshyk - Oct 4, 2008

159 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

sniW - Dec 6, 2008

176 by 3miL »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.