Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2012 9:04 PM
Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nov 3, 2014 6:08 AM

Jan 2013
This got to be one of the BEST Zipang episodes.
Mar 21, 2016 3:20 PM

Oct 2014

Finally, Takumi shows his true vision. A new country that is neither what the current past is nor the future one but his ideal country.

ps - Zipang is an antiquated name of Japan and thus title is now completely being justified now :)

The tension is rising

So now both motive are clearly contrary so will future Japan (Mirai ship) fight older one? (Yamato ship) The teaser seems like it.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 2, 2016 6:10 AM

Nov 2008
This show is better than I thought.
Oct 3, 2017 3:56 PM

Oct 2014
I was getting a bit bored of this show and theres too many things annoying me mainly regarding the way people behave and all the yammering on about morality and "doing the right thing" yet they STILL dont really have a fucking clue what they are doing. Most of the time the action of the entire ship is decided on the whims of Kadomatsu or someone else with no clear goal in mind and when they run into trouble its like "oh no, what do we do?! do we fight, do we not fight?"MAKE UP YOUR MIND BEFOREHAND.

What has irritated me about this episode in particular though is how this mere Lt. Commander is acting like he runs the place and making all this big fleet decisions and now he's decided he's going to turn Japan into a new country? WITH WHAT AUTHORITY?? Who does he think he is? He already quit being a military officer. Good luck convincing the whole of imperial Japan to turn its back on the emperor and to change its name and all this other shit.

I'm sorry but the plot is full of holes and the writing stinks. Also we're at episode 13 and Mirai still hasnt done anything cool with its advanced technology.
Feb 18, 2019 8:56 PM

Nov 2013
One of the best military dramas of all time.

This is "The Final Countdown" from the 1970s, on steroids and told from the Japanese side, with much deeper implications.

Brilliant execution of a familiar plot theme, but never boring.
Oct 22, 2019 11:00 AM

Feb 2012
Took me a while to realize it, but there is no way the land team should be able to communicate over radio to either the Mirai or the Yamato with the set up shown. 25 miles puts the the points below the horizon, so that means line of site communications won't work. A man portable radio is also unlikely to be able to have the power needed to send a legible radio communication 25 miles. There are no satellite communications available at that point in time. The only means they could use would be HF radio communication, but that would require an extensive antenna.

This doesn't take away from the show, but I almost never have a chance to actually use the knowledge I gained by learning about radio theory.
Aug 31, 2021 11:46 AM

Mar 2016
Figures that Zipang is a name of a country, turns out it's ideal Japan that Kusaka foresees, and in order to realize his ambition, drastic measures have to be taken, on that requires Yamato and her fleet to slaughter the marines on the island, changing the victors for this battle to be the Japanese's. I fear that if this were to be true, you can forget about a couple of atomic bombs, the USA will sprinkle that A-Bomb all around the nation.

As a side note, I don't particularly like how the missile stayed intact, it should either be crushed by the kinetic energy or detonated so that the US army at the time won't have the chance to obtain some of its techs.
Sep 19, 2022 7:30 PM

Jun 2010
How is defeating the American landing supposed to help get rid of the militarist politics of Japan? If anything they'll be congratulating themselves on how their plans to grab the resources they wanted and resist any counterattacks is working. Seems like humbling the Japanese military and making Tokyo worried about defeat harder and faster than happened in reality (where they were prepared to lose 1/4 of the country's population resisting an invasion) is what's needed.
Nov 11, 2022 9:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
finally appears the term Zipang and its origin!!!

Zipango, the dream land!!! kekeke
Apr 12, 2023 10:17 AM
Apr 2023
Estaba chido, pero me hubiese gustado una segunda temporada

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zipang Episode 26 Discussion

ballistique - Feb 14, 2009

23 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Jan 26, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Zipang Episode 25 Discussion

abdulaziz1 - May 18, 2015

3 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 1, 2022 7:18 AM

Poll: » Zipang Episode 24 Discussion

Arnardi - Sep 7, 2012

4 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 1, 2022 6:07 AM

Poll: » Zipang Episode 23 Discussion

casen3ms - Dec 5, 2012

4 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 1, 2022 4:19 AM

Poll: » Zipang Episode 22 Discussion

casen3ms - Dec 5, 2012

6 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 1, 2022 2:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.