My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
Haru or Yamaken?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 11, 2012 3:24 AM

Aug 2012
I'll go with Haru.
Correct me if I'm wrong but if it wasn't for Haru, Mitty and Yamaken wouldn't even have met.
Dec 11, 2012 3:30 AM

Sep 2012
Haru is my favorite character, so him.

I honestly don't really see what Yamaken sees in Mitty. Like she is dull, and kind of a bitch all the time.
Dec 11, 2012 6:23 AM

Jul 2011
not a big difference
Dec 11, 2012 7:33 AM

Feb 2012
It's weird, because for the first time I actually love both the main love interest and the love rival. However, the only reason why anyone would say Yamaken suits Shizuku more is only because he also takes school seriously, and he also puts his time and effort into studying, he's also more of a quiet type even though he's a delinquent at the same time. Either way, like people already mentioned, he's the typical conceited guy that we always seem to get, but he's funny! He's so cute when he thinks something and then acts completely different to what he was thinking. I just wanna give him a big hug, anyhoooo Haru is the one that changed Shizuku isn't it. He made her realise there's an actual world beyond studying and school, he teaches her things (without realising of course heehe) and shows new emotions and feelings, he fills in for whatever she lacks, they're so perfecttttt. Some goes for her though, she changed him for the better too! She made him have a more serious approach to life, she supports him (without showing it off too much but she does, like he said in the latest episode - she's always there when he suddenly needs her) , I think they make a great couple.
Dec 11, 2012 4:16 PM

Oct 2012
tsubasalover said:
Satsugai73 said:
tsubasalover said:
I like Yamaken little bit more even though both are annoying, but Haru is better with Haru. So it's hard for me to vote in that poll.

Sorry, I misread that part "Haru is better with Haru" correct me if I'm wrong. Not sure if your indicating Haru is better off with Mitty or himself..alone.

Typo. Sorry about that. I fixed it.

It's all good.
Dec 12, 2012 1:35 PM
Sep 2012
People keep saying that Haru is better without a doubt, but I say Yamaken is better without a doubt.

I usually have a preference toward main characters and it helps Haru that his hair is black since I'm a shallow person. However, Yamaken's personality is just so much better.
Dec 12, 2012 1:38 PM
Sep 2012
I even felt annoyed by Yamaken's entry to the show. There's just something about him that makes him an enjoyable character.
Dec 13, 2012 8:41 PM

Nov 2008
I adore both characters equally, but I vote for Yamaken, cause he needs the love!!!

This is one of those anime's where I wouldn't mind a twist like Shizuku ending up with Yamaken!!! However, it will probably not happen.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Dec 13, 2012 8:52 PM

May 2012
How about neither
Dec 13, 2012 10:42 PM

Aug 2011
I always seem to like the one who has no chance better.

Yamaken.
Dec 14, 2012 1:40 AM

Mar 2012
Im hating this series because of haru, so ill put any male character above him.
Dec 14, 2012 7:14 AM

Jun 2008
aozoai said:
I know Haru's upbringing caused him to be the way he is and all that, but I still find him annoying whenever he comes on screen.

Actually his upbringing is quite a lame excuse.He wasn't raised in the fucking jungle for Christ sakes.
Haru is a violent childish guy and quite possibly very dangerous when he gets upset. He is very likely to be violent with the woman he will marry.
Dec 14, 2012 10:24 AM

Oct 2009
I must say that when I started watching this anime I thought that Haru was incredibly cute and adorable and just perfect but..

with recent episodes, I just cannot bring myself to liking him - he acts like a complete stalker, he threats others - he was planning on pushing Yamaken off those stairs and it prolly would've ended with big injuries (if Yamaken was lucky enough) if Shizuku didn't appear at the right time... and really, he feels too possessive, too violent, and at times too psycho to be loved - I feel scared for Shizuku's life, really ._.
bruh
Dec 14, 2012 10:28 AM

Aug 2011
I adore Haru, but I think Shizuku would be happier with Yamaken when it comes down to it.

Dec 14, 2012 10:34 AM
Apr 2012
I'm surprised at how close the poll is, Haru is the clear winner for me :P.
Dec 14, 2012 12:52 PM

Jun 2008
Yurippe said:
I must say that when I started watching this anime I thought that Haru was incredibly cute and adorable and just perfect but..

with recent episodes, I just cannot bring myself to liking him - he acts like a complete stalker, he threats others - he was planning on pushing Yamaken off those stairs and it prolly would've ended with big injuries (if Yamaken was lucky enough) if Shizuku didn't appear at the right time... and really, he feels too possessive, too violent, and at times too psycho to be loved - I feel scared for Shizuku's life, really ._.

Exactly. Did you see in episode 11 how he said he wished he could pull her hand and legs off? Sure he said that he wasn't actually gonna do it but wtf. The guy is fucking dangerous.
He hit the poor girl a few times already anyway. Not to mention how he scared the shit out of poor Oshiro when he crapped her by the neck.
That guy should probably get locked in an institution for a year and learn to control himself and then be allowed to walk outside.
As he is am afraid if he marries poor Shizuku he would end up beating her.
Dec 15, 2012 12:09 AM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
Yurippe said:

Exactly. Did you see in episode 11 how he said he wished he could pull her hand and legs off? Sure he said that he wasn't actually gonna do it but wtf. The guy is fucking dangerous.
He hit the poor girl a few times already anyway. Not to mention how he scared the shit out of poor Oshiro when he crapped her by the neck.
That guy should probably get locked in an institution for a year and learn to control himself and then be allowed to walk outside.

ikr! I mean, I would understand if Haru had this little cute wildness to him but what he showed in last episodes - for example the same pulling legs and hands off - is seriously creepy.
I can almost imagine him sending Yamaken to hospital, then Shizuku being a little upset but in the end still saying " I still like Haru"...
argh it pisses me off so much ><
bruh
Dec 15, 2012 4:13 PM

Sep 2007
No. He's an arrogant prejudiced bully and deserves to have Shizuku's love for Haru flaunted in his face.

He is funny though ...

Dec 15, 2012 4:16 PM

Jun 2012
Yamaken... Is a douchebag....
Dec 16, 2012 1:11 PM
Dec 2012
Haru's so violent because he can't express his strong feeling in words or any other ways. He saw Shizuku as the only connection and the only way lead to his salvation ( using the image of the spider's thread) . When he saw a threat in losing it he will go the extreme of using violent & threat to protect it ( just like animal instinct )

I feel Yamaken's despicable as a friend of Haru ( if he really consider Haru as a friend ). He knows quite well the affection between Haru and Shizuku. Here come the douche bag. He's smart enough to realize his feeling for Shizuku, I'd prefer it if he state his affection clearly but he denies it in a lame way ( I can even say his only acceptable reason is that he's scared of Haru's violence). He even tries to provoke Haru while knowing Haru's personality that leads to clashes between Haru and Shizuku. On one scene it shows he's happy about it that Haru's such an idiot (that he can take advantage of)

We all know Haru's violent and can act very childish. As normal people like the students in the school and SOME people watching the show, they ALL hate Haru. I would have also hate him if I don't know the reason behind his actions. In reality NONE of us really care to find out whatever the reason is, people judges immediately and unconsciously after an action. Shizuku met him only by chance and show some sympathy toward him- which is RARE for him. He took his chance and reach toward her as an opportunity to change. His character gradually change and become more sociable but can not replace his past immediately.

I like Haru because he took actions to protect what's important to him. Even though his actions resort to extreme violence and weird methods.(Remember the time when he consider Yamaken's group to be his friends, he showered Shizuku with a cup of water to protect his "friends") It's better than other Pu$$y's MC that wait for other to come and save their a$$ every time.Not that I hate waiting. Haru also waited for a long time for someone understand him but he's willing to take actions after that.

Every action Haru take has a reason behind it. A person cannot tolerate his reason will find him very annoying

Pardon my Engrish (not my 1st language)
Dec 16, 2012 2:25 PM
Apr 2011
Quite frankly, I don't like either of these two guys, but I dislike Haru far more. I don't care how traumatic your childhood was (and it wasn't all that bad), you can't hold that up and say your outlandish behavior is somehow justified.
Haru doesn't deserve to get the girl. I don't want his love to succeed at all. If people do stupid things, I want them to realize their wrongs and fix them. Haru has grown a lot over the course of the show, but he's still an annoying bastard. I want his love to fail so he can look at himself and change the things that make him such a nuisance. At that point he can go and earn Shizuku's affection.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2012 5:44 PM

Jan 2011
I personally like Yamaken better, but we all know there's no one for Shizuku other than Haru.

I think Haru's cute, but there are some parts of his personality that's a HUGE turnoff. His jealousy, for example. He's really violent too + he's punched Shizuku way too many times D:
Dec 18, 2012 10:43 PM
Dec 2012
Haha the 1st time he punched her I was like O_o the whole time and then laugh like crazy. It's rare to see the protagonist punch the crap out of the heroine you know. There was even blood from her nose ... The 2nd time was bad though, I dont think I like it if they overuse the gag
Dec 22, 2012 5:38 PM

Jul 2011
Yamaken all the way! ^__^ Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Haru, but lately I've found Yamaken more entertaining than Haru.
"Humans are mean by nature, they are kind by choice."
Dec 22, 2012 7:45 PM

Nov 2012
Not sure, I supported Haru in the beginning, he's an interesting character but I can't help rooting for Yamaken a little, just because Haru's attraction to Shizuku seemed a little arbitrary (but still cute, I admit). I keep wavering between liking and disliking Yamaken because of his arrogance

Of course, in this kind of romcom shoujo anime compatibility and sense don't matter rmuch so I dunno what'll happen
Dec 24, 2012 1:49 AM
Aug 2012
Monad said:
Yurippe said:

Amen. And then there's "be quiet or I'll rape you" or something along those lines. Like, wtf? I know he sort of said it jokingly, but still, not something to use as a threat. Who in their right mind would date anyone after hearing them say that?
vchien9Dec 24, 2012 1:52 AM
Dec 24, 2012 11:20 AM

Aug 2007
Haru is really annoying so I prefer Yamaken.
Dec 24, 2012 11:43 AM

Sep 2009
Yamaken is so clishe that it's boring to watch him. 90% of shoujo have such a character
Dec 27, 2012 6:31 PM

Jul 2012
Close poll! *o*
I love both characters but Haru and Shizuku don't interest me that much >.<
Dec 27, 2012 7:45 PM

Dec 2012
Haru for sure. I mean Yamaken is cute and all, but the way he always buts in to Shizuku and Haru's relationship is really annoying at times. Yamaken also acts so stuck up, so I dislike him for that. For me, Haru is really cute and the way he states his feelings so openly is something that I admire(I wish real guys were like that).
I like Potatoes
Dec 27, 2012 10:24 PM

Jul 2012
Im quite torn between the two; Haru is quite the character at times, but now I catch myself rooting for Yamaken more than Haru, thus I voted for Yamaken. IMO, he's quite cute and charming^^ Even still, I do feel bad for Haru! >.< I'm like 49% for Haru and then 51% for Yamaken. Though I feel like sje's going to end up with Haru! Makes me sad for Yamaken >.< But then if she ends up with Yamamen, I'll feel sad for Haru! Yup, totally torn between the two!
Dec 29, 2012 4:06 AM

Nov 2011
Yamaken's voice is awesome
Dec 29, 2012 4:40 AM
Jun 2012
Yamaken.

I liked Haru more at first, but as the series progressed, I found him to be annoying, whiny, needy, extremely violent and childish. He needs to grow the fuck up before he enters a relationship of any kind, especially with a girl like Mitty.
Dec 29, 2012 4:42 AM
Apr 2012
Haru, easily. Yamaken is too damn intrusive and arrogant.
Dec 29, 2012 4:50 AM

May 2012
Haru ~

Dec 29, 2012 11:08 PM

Aug 2012
Yamaken annoys me so much, every time I saw his face, I felt like punching it.
[url=myanimelist.net/profile/Stocky[/url]

My precious BB Code :(
Dec 30, 2012 3:03 AM

Nov 2010
Haru by far.
Dec 30, 2012 9:39 AM

Mar 2012
Haru is just better.

Yamaken moves out of the way of Haru's punches so that they hit Shizuku.
Not very noble.
Dec 30, 2012 9:42 AM

Oct 2012
Haru! Does there really need to be a poll? I mean, obviously. Haru. Cause... common! ... it's Haru....
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Dec 30, 2012 9:46 AM

Dec 2011
I like both of them, but I choose Haru.
Dec 30, 2012 10:10 AM

Mar 2012
ataraxial said:
Haru is just better.

Yamaken moves out of the way of Haru's punches so that they hit Shizuku.
Not very noble.

I couldn't agree more; I understand that Haru needs to restrain himself from indulging his violent tendencies, but I don't understand those that actually suggest those unintentional moments he actually hits Shizuku is even slightly indicative that they'll maintain an abusive relationship if they were to marry. This insinuation is quite ridiculous since Yamaken is largely at fault for those instances, as he would selfishly avoid being punched every single time, knowing full well that Shizuku would suffer the consequences.
Jan 1, 2013 4:11 PM

May 2012
I think until now, Yamaken's feelings are more romantic than those of Haru. It seems as if Haru is not in love with her, but he's attached since she was there for him, and because of his aunt's influence.

So, team Yamaken for me. At least I hope they don't forget about him in the series since he is one of the best characters.
Jan 1, 2013 6:40 PM

Aug 2011
Yamaken makes things more interesting, Haru got old after a couple episodes.
Jan 1, 2013 7:28 PM

Nov 2012
Everytime I see Yamaken this comes to my mind "His bark is worse than his bite."
To me Yamaken is a lame cobart who is just all talk, but when times comes he just runs away.
Jan 1, 2013 7:29 PM
May 2012
Yamaken's eyes annoy me. so does his hair... thought I like him as a person. Nonethless Haru>Yamaken
Jan 1, 2013 7:32 PM
May 2012
kiirokeki said:
I think until now, Yamaken's feelings are more romantic than those of Haru. It seems as if Haru is not in love with her, but he's attached since she was there for him...

This was my impression while watching the series too. Haru quite honestly seemed needy/annoying in many parts.

YAMAKEN
Jan 1, 2013 7:40 PM

Jan 2012
YAMAKEN.
I know they won't end up together or anything, but Haru just seems unfit for her and he doesn't seem to love her for her, but for what others have said; that she was there for him.

:/ I just don't think Haru has much of a romantic appeal.
Jan 1, 2013 8:04 PM

Mar 2012
Slowpoke_ said:
I just don't think Haru has much of a romantic appeal.

I don't disagree with this concerning Haru, but it saddens me that people are willing to accept "romantic appeal" as enough to justify being a sneaky, manipulative bastard like Yamaken.
Jan 1, 2013 8:10 PM

Sep 2011
I like them both. So I really don't know who to ship her with. But if I had to pick, my vote goes to Haru. You can obviously tell that Haru gives Shizuku a feeling of youth and friendship that's she has never experienced before.

I actually have a quick question:
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Jan 1, 2013 11:23 PM

Nov 2012
I am crazy or people forgot that Shizuku was such a bitch at the beginning that only care about her, and didn't have any friends. I may be wrong, but as far as I understood, she started to kind of live like a normal person because of Haru.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

63 by lixiuyue »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.