Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 7, 2013 5:11 PM

Sep 2011
"Sorata no baka"
That was so cute from her, especially the one with the texting :)

Rita should just piss off. She doesn't have any say in what Mashiro wants.
I can understand Sorata though, but he should also consider what she wants.

Ryuunosuke showed up, didn't expect that. The funny thing is that he was spoilered in the OP now that I looked back. Thank god I skipped it. I don't get why they couldn't wait one more episode to include him.
He does look a bit girlish :S I like his tomato eating habit though :)
Jul 10, 2013 8:16 AM

May 2013
The Dragon makes his appearance, and Rita being introduced stirred things up a bit.
Jul 12, 2013 12:25 AM
Feb 2013
Whenever Nanami walks into Sorata's room, its always "bad timing" lol It was also funny when Rita said Sorata doesn't have a pair XD It's also cool to finally see the nerdy character that always stays in his room. Great Ep
Aug 21, 2013 10:53 PM
Aug 2013
Whoa what! The computer shut-in looked like a girl.
Aug 26, 2013 12:28 PM

Apr 2008
Rita is annoying. Just go away already :P

Aug 31, 2013 5:14 PM

Nov 2009
How come the genius thinks that a tomato is a superior vegetable? I mean ... It's a fruit.

Anyways that part at the end where they were looking at the piece of art was kind of cheesy, though I guess it was done to show exactly why her drawing manga was a waste of time ... Although I'm not so sure that forcing someone to paint who doesn't have a passion for it is such a good idea either.
Oct 22, 2013 12:00 PM

Oct 2013
1. WHY CAN'T SHE PAINT IN JAPAN?

2. VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE. WHY CAN'T SHE HAVE NEW EXPERIENCES IN JAPAN TO HELP SHAPE HER AS A PERSON? DOES SHE HAVE TO SIT IN A ROOM IN ENGLAND AND PAINT EVERY DAY UNTIL SHE DIES?

3. IF SHE DOESN'T WANT TO PAINT THEN WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS CONFLICT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

This was a very frustrating episode that brought in a plot that doesn't make any sense at all to me. I might not finish the series if they drag this out for too long.

EDIT: Never mind all is well, I spoke too soon.
ghoulcustomerOct 22, 2013 1:36 PM
Nov 13, 2013 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
I love Rita's character.
Jan 15, 2014 8:24 PM

Jan 2008
I knew she was trouble from the moment I saw here enjoyable episode but now some stuff is going to happen I hope Mashiro doesnt go though.
Jan 20, 2014 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
-even if Rita does manage to convince Shiina to go back to England, when she ends up drawing paintings, her dissatisfaction will only just show in her art work & that will just end in a wreck. if she really wants to draw manga, just let her do it. ya, easy answer to come up with, but hard to execute in real life. but it's the truth
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 21, 2014 8:23 PM

Aug 2013
It was a really interresting episode.

First of all, love square incoming!! I have a feeling that that Miyahara will come back later... I already don't like him >:(

We finally saw Ryuunosuke face!! I thought he was a girl when I saw him xD
God, he was hilarious with the teacher, such a little brat :P

I like the fact that Mashiro didn't want that Rita sleep in Sorata room, cute jalousy :3

About Mashiro, it really look like she flee from something by going out of England. Maybe it was too much pressure for her? Maybe there was someone there that she hated? Or maybe she just doesn't like to paint, like a cursed talent? There must be a reason she stopped painting.

That ending was really beautiful, with all those colors...

Anyway, I'm sure that we'll learn more next episode, maybe she'll even get emotive!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 16, 2014 3:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ryounosuke is one of my favorites already from the show. Attends class and not one single damn was given lol. He literally pawned the teacher lol.

Rita sleeping with Sorota and the others walking in on him.lol

May 28, 2014 6:29 AM

Jan 2013
What a nice way to start your first day of a new semester in school xD
So a new character,her name is Rita and she want Shiina to comeback to UK,because she left painting to be a mangaka.Sorata is being a retard again :(
He wants again to hurt Shiina,and if he says her that he wants her to go to UK she will be offended :/ I mean i understand that he wants the best for her,but he can't decide that,she must decide what she want to do in her life,if she want to be a mangaka let her be omg and plus if she comeback to painting she will leave them :/ what a retard…..
Btw Shiina paints really good,her works look amazing.

Loved that reference?to "No Game!No Life" ahaha xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 4, 2014 8:10 PM

May 2014
SORATA! don't complain when you have a genius girl painting your room! xD
Sad episode, Sorata thinks Shiina should go back to the art world =( Hope she doesn't!
Nov 25, 2014 11:22 AM

Jun 2014
I really want to be in Sorata's class, I could make up such bad lies and get away with it.

Dec 8, 2014 9:22 PM

Oct 2014
So it seems that Shiina is from England, and Sorata thinks she should return. I hope not. Also Sorata, you may not be able to understand English, but even I can understand that she wasn't speaking English. Expect better from you.
Dec 10, 2014 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
SakuraLight said:
Also Sorata, you may not be able to understand English, but even I can understand that she wasn't speaking English. Expect better from you.

^Preach! And that part where he tries to speak English had me gasping for air, lol.

Well, it seems this Rita girl has some ulterior motive for bringing Mashiro back to England. Could be the fact that she feels inferior to Mashiro but I'll see in the next episode or two.

Mashiro blatantly doesn't want to leave Japan because
But like Mashiro herself said: Sorata no baka.

The most I take from this episode is that Mashiro's situation is very similar to that of Louise in Zero no Tsukaima when

Now I'm not like a typical critic of ecchi/harem/drama anime. I can say I've seen the archetypes and similar situations at times but each story has its originality.
tl;dr harem ecchi drama anime have noticeable similarities but story is where it counts.

Either way, promising story ahead. 10 episodes in and the development is definitely forming.
Apr 24, 2015 6:45 PM

Aug 2009
was going to comment about rita but damn ryu came out of his room, one hell of a trap indeed

he appears in ED now :3

sorata no baka

he would be a bigass baka if he wants to tell what mashiro should do

school fest, wonder if it will serve any point to the plot but o well
May 10, 2015 2:49 AM

May 2015
I've seen this episode many times '-' he's very nice, and... Ryuunosuke came out of his room *Q* he's my favourite anime character, I was waiting for him since the beginning of the anime!
"Sorata no baka..."
May 12, 2015 8:47 PM

May 2014
Ha, I remember absolutely hating Rita from this episode.

RYUUUUNOSUKE fucking yes, seriously my 2nd fave character in the anime.
Jun 10, 2015 2:05 PM

May 2015
Ryounosuke is perfect. More screen time please.
Jun 20, 2015 7:21 PM

Dec 2013
I have a diff I'm impression at Ryuu when still haven't showed never thought he will look like a girl, trap indeed

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 27, 2015 3:24 PM
Apr 2015
Heh, Ryuunosuke jumpscaring me during the opening. <3
He was a fun character WITHOUT appearing on-screen. His attitude toward faculty aside, he has potential for being even MORE fun (that hermit's hair, tee-hee).

Rita seems to be a drama fuel for the next episodes unless we'll have enough of this:

She's a sort of Jin-Sempai's warning as well: outstanding people like Mashiro really act like blackholes that devour others. It doesn't justify her trying to steer anybirdie's anyone's artistic career, though. Assuming direct control over somebirdie's someone's creativity never works well.

PS:
Aug 12, 2015 5:55 AM
Jun 2014
Wow, the characters in this anime are so pittiful and childish that i can barely stand it. I can't stand Sorata or Nanami. Sorata puts japanese men to shame with his pathetic behaveour. I get that he's shy, but not taking the chance to glimpse at a naked female body... Well, he's a shounen type character, so i'm sure they don't have a pair of balls like most men do. Not to mention that he's the only one who doesn't dare calling Mashiro by her name. Pathetic, utterly pathetic.

Nanami is nothing but a killjoy. She's there to ruin all awkward, perverted or scenes that can lead to romance. Well, the japanese have shit taste in plot and characters, so i'm not surprised the killjoy character made it's way into this anime as well.
Aug 22, 2015 12:26 PM

Mar 2015
At first I was like... oh okay so Rita in this episode. An old roomate of Mashiro.

Then eh.. ehhhhh.... Ryuunosuke??? I keep on forgetting that he or she? is a character.

"Sorata no baka" - quote of the episode.

Just who is this Akasaka? He or she? Could be the best character of the show.

Aug 31, 2015 2:17 PM

Jun 2009
Sep 13, 2015 3:19 AM

Apr 2013
"I do notto speaku Engrishu" xD
Rita is a real beauty and we finally see the nerd.
Sorata no baka, Mashiro should just do whatever she likes!
Sep 28, 2015 12:46 PM

Aug 2013
"Sorata no baka" was cute.

Tomatoes are a fruit not a vegetable.
Nov 15, 2015 11:58 PM

Aug 2011
I didn't understand Akasaka Ryuunosuke is a guy or a girl?
Jan 23, 2016 2:14 PM

Apr 2015
What an idiot... (-_-)
Jan 8, 2017 9:12 PM
Jun 2016
Yay programmer and english woman!
Jan 20, 2017 12:36 AM
Jan 2017
Ryuunosuke, at last! :D

Sorata no baka. Haha. <3
Sep 13, 2017 4:24 PM

Aug 2014
Whoot? Ryuunosuke went out? and its not a girl?? ;OOOOOOOOO

Rita is great addition to anime, makes Mashiro show new side of her, like Mashiro jealous :D

and sorata baka was funny for me
Thyriad-oPPailovSep 13, 2017 4:43 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 18, 2017 5:55 PM

Nov 2016
No Mashiro, please stay in Japan :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 14, 2018 8:18 AM
Jun 2016
Hahahah the English part: I DO NOTTO SPEAKU ENGRISHU~
Oct 9, 2018 9:51 AM

Feb 2017
So that's how Ryounosuke looks. I imagied him differently.
Aug 1, 2019 5:24 PM

Nov 2017
Golly, nice wall painting. And with this episode is the proper introduction of the homie Ryounosuke. Rita is funnier and cuter than I remembered too
Apr 25, 2021 5:37 PM
Dec 2019
Okay, but who even is Sorada to tell Shiina what to do with her life? It has nothing that concerns him just because her art swept him away. It's perfectly normal for all good things to come to end. Much like this anime will in 15 episodes.
May 8, 2021 3:26 AM

Sep 2012
about what Sorata said at the end

u idiot awry1 should live like they want if its waste of talent they have right to waste it and u should stay neutral

but i say this isn't even a waste she just focuses her talent to somewhere else

0ssi said:
Okay, but who even is Sorada to tell Shiina what to do with her life? It has nothing that concerns him just because her art swept him away. It's perfectly normal for all good things to come to end. Much like this anime will in 15 episodes.

i agree a little but not fully ppl close to u have that right but u also have the right to waste ur talent and do something u don't have talent for if u like it

KorNk said:
What an idiot... (-_-)

no kidding

i was rolling my eyes cause of hes words before the end

Sugram22May 8, 2021 3:32 AM
May 15, 2021 10:03 AM

Jun 2020
Sorata and Aoyama got some rumors going on of the start of the semester, A new character as well Rita appeared and has come to get Mashiro back to England Please don't make it happen

God Ryuunosuke came out of her his room for a second I thought he was a girl well that turned to a 180 real quick "Sorata no baka" indeed

Guess they're making a game again for the festival with the help of Ryuunosuke hope this turns out great.

"Sorata no baka"
Jun 15, 2021 1:55 PM

Jun 2017
like it or not talent is usually curated and developed by ones with the eye for them.No such thing as do w/e you like exists for such.It's a commoners fantasy & that's where shows with these themes are targeted at.
Either way the art is gorgeous.
Aug 16, 2021 4:29 AM

Feb 2019
New Bri''ish girl Rita Ainsworth

Supa Hacka girl appeared!

Oh no, don't leave Sakura-sou, Shiina.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 26, 2023 12:53 PM

Dec 2022
Great and funny episode
Sep 8, 2023 7:52 PM

Sep 2022
I believe that Mashiro's work in painting from England is fantastic. But it is up to her on whether or not she should take Rita's recommendation to go back to England instead of staying in Japan to draw manga.

Rita seems like a nice girl but it seems like she won't be around for very long in this series.

Also, we finally get to see Ryuunosuke make his appearance in person. Seems like Ryuunosuke isn't really into doing too much other than eating tomatoes and trying to make Maid-Chan become a reality.
Nov 7, 2023 12:48 PM

Dec 2022
I thought Akasaka was just a random girl who walked in on the commotion for a second, what a shock. This guy could fool anyone, with his appearance.

Sorata's last line doesn't inspire confidence. I forsee more drama and strained relationships in the next episode.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.