Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 2, 2012 2:50 PM

Apr 2010
egnaro315 said:
I also casually dislocate my fingers to get out of ropes lol. Can't wait for next episode.

Your comment made my day

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Dec 2, 2012 3:44 PM

Jul 2012
ughh GON KILLUA thats not how you Treat girls : /

it feels like someone really wanted kurapika to be a female because of his costume (:

ahaha i laughed soo hard when phinx lied and had to admit it!!!

uhmmm why was there a witch laughing in the preview that kind of freaked me out lol.
Dec 2, 2012 5:07 PM

Nov 2012
lol at Phinks provocations
ending 1 song ftw
girl Kurapika looks nice
can't wait to see Illumi
Dec 2, 2012 5:46 PM
Nov 2012
The breakdown:

Phinks went bananas with his jokes.

Kurapika looked better with that faded yellow hair color. After seeing him in that hair color, his natural hair color just seems so repulsive to stare at anymore.

Killua unable to penetrate Machi's abs of steel.

Illumi helping Hisoka, because he'd known him a little longer than Chrollo. #Bromance.
Dec 2, 2012 6:07 PM

Mar 2009
for some reason I pair Killua and Machi o3o I regret nothing!
Dec 2, 2012 7:04 PM

Dec 2007
BlackListHunter said:
Funny how people feel sad for Pakunoda even though she assisted the murder of Squalla. Credits to Togashi for being such a fking genius

Who feels sorry for Pakunoda?
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Dec 2, 2012 8:13 PM

Oct 2011
Phinx's trolling was the highlight of the episode XD. Killua failed miserably at trying to grope Machi's chest :P

Jokes aside, this episode was full of win, superior to the manga and the original version imo.

Dec 3, 2012 6:03 AM

Sep 2010
uhmmmm abit weird the ryodan didn't notice their plan, since they are very smart, specially chrollo, well at least they should suspect bout anything when leoric was yelling.

But anyway was rlly a nice ep, can't wait to see hisoka + illumi next ep
Dec 3, 2012 7:50 AM

Aug 2012
Pretty cool episode.

Confrontation of the brothers soon again.
Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Dec 3, 2012 8:53 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode yet again. I can't wait for the conclusion.
Dec 3, 2012 10:04 AM

Oct 2010
good to see kurapika whiping troupes ass they commited too many murders to stay alive.
Dec 3, 2012 10:24 AM

Sep 2010
Well yea, actually i was expecting more rage from kurapika against the ryodan leader.

Surprisilly he stay abit more calm than i thought
Dec 3, 2012 10:50 AM

Sep 2008
The reason I started to like Kurapika in the original anime was shown in this episode. His weakness as Chrollo mentioned it, he puts his friends above his revenge and is not willing to sacrifice them for his goal. This is different from Sasuke from naruto for example and other characters that seek revenge, most of them are so consumed by it that they don't care about anyone else. The mission has higher priority than anything else, including friends.

Paku obviously missunderstands him, while Chrollo sees the real Kurapika. The spider is also shown to have a human element, not like some other evil organizations that feel lifeless and ilogical. The spider is a gathering of individuals, with different goal, opinions and methods and they really show that.
MephzDec 3, 2012 11:11 AM
Dec 3, 2012 4:21 PM

Jul 2010
Mephz said:
The spider is also shown to have a human element, not like some other evil organizations that feel lifeless and ilogical. The spider is a gathering of individuals, with different goal, opinions and methods and they really show that.

I agree with you, except for the goal thing. The Troupe just steals, but what for? Do they want make billions of money? No. Do they spend time ogling at their collection of items? No. As much as I enjoy the interactions of the Troupe members, the only thing I was able to appreciate was their personalities, nothing more. The overall "goal" of the Troupe as a troupe is clear as mud, and Togashi never expounding on it bothers me, tbh.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Dec 3, 2012 5:09 PM

Nov 2012
Such a good episode!!!!!Really love how their showing the tensions and division among the Spiders something you see rarely <3

Hilarious scene xDDD

Wonder why Uvo didn't kept the fro D;
Dec 3, 2012 9:32 PM

Nov 2012
I didn't like much the pacing in this episode, it feels like they're trying too hard to cram 1 and a half episodes of the previous version per week, though they kept the most important ideas. I think it hurt the impact of some scenes, for example when the spiders realize that Chrollo is gone (it was a holy shit moment in the NA version and in the manga, but here it wouldn't come as a surprise because Killua thought of it first :/). On the other hand, I think Paku's analysis was handled much better, I found it more concise and easier to follow.
I liked the blackout scene execution (perhaps more than in the original anime), though I would've chosen a different soundtrack.
I also felt the Chrollo scene in the car lacked punches (I don't remember if Chrollo spits a tooth in this version)... I agree with those that say Kurapika's attitude seems different from that of the manga.
Also, Killua failing at groping and Phinks trolling Kurapika... that never gets old :P.

Also I'd like to know who edits the spoilers for the next episode... showing Paku there was kind of a dick move for newcomers. At least the arc will finish next week. I trust MH will be able to pull off GI in a much better way than the previous version, they've been doing great so far.
Dec 4, 2012 7:36 AM

Sep 2008
Bigbuffoon said:
Mephz said:
The spider is also shown to have a human element, not like some other evil organizations that feel lifeless and ilogical. The spider is a gathering of individuals, with different goal, opinions and methods and they really show that.

I agree with you, except for the goal thing. The Troupe just steals, but what for? Do they want make billions of money? No. Do they spend time ogling at their collection of items? No. As much as I enjoy the interactions of the Troupe members, the only thing I was able to appreciate was their personalities, nothing more. The overall "goal" of the Troupe as a troupe is clear as mud, and Togashi never expounding on it bothers me, tbh.

The spider as an organization does not have a goal. Each individual has one though, for some it's just the pleasure of killing people (and or torturing them) and they want to do more of that in their life and exist to do so (sadists), while others just want to get stronger and improve their ability to the max. Some of them simply want to keep the spider going and are proud of being members. Their goal is jut to serve it faithfully until they die. A few then have larger goals, goals that being part of the spider helps them complete said goals. Obviously going into detais would be heavy manga spoiler, but you might be able to know which is which based on what you've already seen.

Chrollo as the head is really the spider. What he wants is what the Spider wants, so if the spider can be said to have any goal then that goal is whatever goal Chrollo wants at any given time. Hisoka once called him whimsical, someone that is interested in something at one point, but bored of it the next day, so the Spider's goals change from day to day.

MephzDec 4, 2012 7:40 AM
Dec 4, 2012 8:17 AM

Mar 2012
Bigbuffoon said:
Mephz said:

It's pointless to care about the "spider" surviving if there's no bigger goal. Sure it's not some "save the world" big goal but still something important
End Zionazism
Dec 4, 2012 9:23 AM

Oct 2008
Amazing episode. Looks like yorkshin arc's final episode is next week. Can't wait for Greed Island.
Dec 4, 2012 1:06 PM

Mar 2012
Wow there's a troller voted 1/5 lol.. So Illumi know Hisoka longer than he know Chrollo huh, never knew this before. Does he even know if Killua is being kept hostaged by the Ryodan? Hopes G.I gonna be awesome too..
Claude_KennyDec 4, 2012 1:12 PM
Keep moving forward
Dec 4, 2012 1:08 PM

Apr 2011
Just marathoned all 57 episodes throughout the last two days. I'm hooked. xD
Dec 4, 2012 1:34 PM

Mar 2012
z4yd said:

That's fast :P
End Zionazism
Dec 4, 2012 8:21 PM

Apr 2011
Mikasa said:
z4yd said:

That's fast :P

Well, I guess technically 3 (last 10 episodes), but 2 sounds better. But yeah I was literally watching it whenever I had the chance.
Dec 4, 2012 8:30 PM

Feb 2011
Oh my god... his reasoning loool.
"sure, I've known you longer than Chrollo."
Apr 18, 2013 5:35 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode, yet again. Looking forward to how this turns out. Love how this turned into a sort of mind game situation instead of battles like in most shounen.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 5, 2013 11:48 PM

May 2012
The "Just Awake" song in the background music was awesome. And when that song started screaming, it was a perfect timing when Chrollo asked Paku to search them again... another tense episode again!
Jun 9, 2013 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
This hostage crisis seems to be quite interesting. I wonder what the results will be but I do know that Hisoka also has a plan :3

5/5.
Aug 2, 2013 4:10 AM

Dec 2012
Hell yeah, Kurapika is calling the shots now. But it looks like Hisoka is arranging something with Illumi, I can't stop until I see how this turns out!
Aug 2, 2013 7:20 PM
Jul 2012
Great episode!
The light go out plain was great, but the only thing I don't like is before the light go out is the music. Ugh, suspect it to be a tension song instead bring back a shitty metal ending theme that runs the entire part.
Wow, now Kurapika is a dangerous threat to anyone who tries to mess with him. Ohh, man I can't wait till the last fight to begin I am excited now!
5/5
Aug 2, 2013 8:13 PM

Jul 2013
GoldenBRS said:
The light go out plain was great, but the only thing I don't like is before the light go out is the music. Ugh, suspect it to be a tension song instead bring back a shitty metal ending theme that runs the entire part.

Just like what I said in the next episode discussion, funny that you mention that!! XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqgaR13-zJg SKIP to 1:27
The 2011 anime series sort of rushed this part of the story.
(This is from the first OVA series for the 1999 anime.)
Aug 2, 2013 8:49 PM
Jul 2012
GalekC said:
GoldenBRS said:

Just like what I said in the next episode discussion, funny that you mention that!! XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqgaR13-zJg SKIP to 1:27
The 2011 anime series sort of rushed this part of the story.
(This is from the first OVA series for the 1999 anime.)

First time seeing the classic scene to this, and it was cool though was suspecting the same thing, but the music sound too quiet. At least it fits without getting too distracted, and was a little more longer compared in this one. What is that song called after the requested song was over? Pretty slick. Thanks for sharing that video. I was quite impressed at that.
Aug 23, 2013 12:04 PM

Jan 2012
how i've waited for this episode
Sep 21, 2013 4:52 PM

Aug 2012
this would make a cool live action movie/tv series
Sep 21, 2013 10:27 PM

Feb 2013
anthony59237 said:
this would make a cool live action movie/tv series

nah
Jan 3, 2014 11:02 PM

Jul 2013
that epic scene with the best techno ED song in background... damn.

and now Illumi joins the party!.. damn so fucking epic, this anime is.

hey that message of Hisoka for Illumi contains a heart symbol at the end...
Jan 7, 2014 6:41 AM

Jul 2011
Intense ep,

Sorta hate Kurapika, he way too messed up. Hope he dies some time soon.

Onwards to the conclusion.

hey hey, do you have smoked cheeze?
Nyoro~n
Mar 31, 2014 7:18 PM
Oct 2009
So Illumi will help Hisoka? I was thinking that Illumi still worked for the spider's boss and would end up fighting Hisoka to protect the boss or something xD oh well, let's see waht happens. I can't wait for this arc to finish now that I know that the boss lives.. it's no fun anymore.
May 17, 2014 10:32 PM

Apr 2014
Killua + Gon in the darkness was the highlight of the episode for me, just behind Leorio's grandstanding.

Idek next episode man 〈 (@、@)「
May 27, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2011
there was a lot of suspense this time, ive heard this arc is ending soon but it doesnt seem like it
Jun 2, 2014 7:39 PM

Jul 2007
Wow man, the intensity and the tension in this episode. phew! I swear i feel like im watching an intellectual battle of tactics, strategical maneuvers and intense wits.

Every character is always thinking one step ahead of the others. Man i wish naruto was like this. Hunter X Hunter is in a league of its own when it comes strategical confrontations.

There plan was just so solid. Now things get even more complicated as illumi appears, its going to be very interesting to see how this entire epic confrontation of wits comes to a head. Damn man. Hxh ftw!!

Jun 27, 2014 2:51 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing accomplishment.
This was maybe the best episode yet.
Jun 27, 2014 7:47 PM

Nov 2011
Phew. This show is selling the strategy well. It's as entertaining as any fight might be, in my book. Leorio selled his part splendidly, and the plan worked. The entire Troupe is infighting over how to handle the situation while Paku is on the ropes.

I wonder what Hisoka intends for Illumi to do. I find it interesting that Illumi operates on how long he's known someone rather than other factors.

Excellent episode.
Dec 24, 2014 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
Leorio, you're da MVP :')

Mmmm, so what will happen to the spider now? They seem to be in a crisis they never met before. Is it on the verge of dissolution? The tension within the group is palpable.

In any case, I guess the prophecy will come to term and Pakunoda, Shizuku and Shalnark will dies. The rest of the group will separate and go their on way.

The whole sequence in the dark was really well. It show at what the Phantom Troupe really strong to adapt in such a well-crafted ambush.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 18, 2015 4:21 AM
Apr 24, 2015 4:13 PM

Jun 2014
Yes! Hearing Just Awake Play on the Radio

Apr 27, 2015 10:43 AM

Feb 2015
Great episode Phinks on the phone was hilarious.

Nice to see more Illumi.

Machi's got some abs tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2015 1:15 AM
Apr 2014
Awesome. Screw killing every single minions before getting to the boss!!!
Dec 31, 2015 10:00 PM

Jan 2015
I was just starting to miss that song xD
It's awesome that they played it!
Jan 9, 2016 7:50 AM

Jun 2015
dayum illumi is in it too!!!!
Mar 3, 2016 5:24 PM

Nov 2014
I just figured something, when pakunoda touches killua and gon, shouldn't she also learn about the fact that hisoka has been helping kurapika?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.