Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2012 12:45 PM
Oct 2012

The identification was the climax, that was the turning point of the novel. Without the identification the fight between the two would not have had any significance. In literary terms the actual fight between the two is defined as the "Falling Action", which follows the climax. The conversation at the end was the dénouement.

You were correct about the expressions, I was wrong, but Kawahara explained this without any contradiction.

Your suggestion as to what could be the trigger would be fine, any trigger would be fine. It just needed something to spark the climax.
Dec 1, 2012 12:46 PM
Oct 2012
as always kirito is a crazy fighter... even though he died and was rescued... its sad how lyfa found out kirito was her brother... still rooting for her but same time for asuna as well

cant wait till next episode
Dec 1, 2012 12:47 PM

Sep 2012
what in the fck...

...was I the only one who thought Sugu knew Kirito's IRL identity for the past 6-7 episodes?

She just finds out now?

Seriously, fck this shit
Dec 1, 2012 12:50 PM

Jul 2012
Ow god, i was so sad when she started to cry..
Anyway i loved this episode, can't wait for the next one '-'
Dec 1, 2012 12:51 PM

Aug 2009
cksdayoff said:
what in the fck...

...was I the only one who thought Sugu knew Kirito's IRL identity for the past 6-7 episodes?

She just finds out now?

Seriously, fck this shit

Ιt was obvious from the previous ep,for anyone that didnt notice it,that she didnt know.
Dec 1, 2012 12:52 PM
Jul 2012
When Suguha started crying, I was smiling before I could even notice. How cruel am I exactly ? :(
Dec 1, 2012 12:52 PM

Jun 2011
<3 Suguha <3
Dec 1, 2012 12:55 PM

Sep 2008
RyderJones said:
When Suguha started crying, I was smiling before I could even notice. How cruel am I exactly ? :(

Same here. I've been waiting for this for a very long time. I guess it's a natural reaction for a plebeian like me who grew up in an environment where cousin-cousin love is frowned upon.

Still prefer Lyfa/Sugu over Asuna though. Not in terms of shipping but as a character.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Dec 1, 2012 12:55 PM
Oct 2012
cksdayoff said:
what in the fck...

She just finds out now?

Seriously, fck this shit

Yep, of the one million, two hundred and eighty five thousand, nine hundred and forty two people watching this animation, you were the only person who thought she knew.

Roughly four hundred and twenty eight thousand thought she was an idiot for not being able to figure this out, the balance would reply asking "why should she know".
Dec 1, 2012 1:01 PM

Sep 2012
i feel so alone
Dec 1, 2012 1:03 PM
Sep 2012
cksdayoff said:
i feel so alone
Welcome to the SAO board. Enjoy your stay. lol
Dec 1, 2012 1:03 PM

Apr 2010
Only 3 more episodes, I wish I didn't watch this up to EP22 lol
Dec 1, 2012 1:06 PM
Oct 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
So when Kirito distanced himself from Sugu when he was little did he do it so he wouldn't get feelings for her?

No, what started it was when Suguha stood up to his grandfather protecting him. Being saved by his younger sister made Kirito feel both guilty and even more like a loser. His inferiority complex (aside from a natural talent for computers) is what drove him into the VR world and is still with him when in enters the real world (the ending should have a great scene about this). In many ways he is like Haru from Accel World, though less spherical in nature.

He also discovered that the people he thought was his mother and sister were actually his aunt and cousin, this revelation (which he took as a form of betrayal) propelled him further into his introverted cocoon.

Suguha on the other hand, has no idea why he pulled away. She thinks it has to do with him finding out he is her cousin, and a lot of her emotional state is due to her not being able to figure out where she stands with him.
Dec 1, 2012 1:09 PM
Oct 2012
cksdayoff said:
i feel so alone

On the bright side, you missed the four thousand six hundred and seventy four posts debating this question endlessly over the past 7 episodes. Sometimes being in solitude has its advantages :-)
Dec 1, 2012 1:09 PM

Jan 2011
Well, I for one liked the episode. So much that I increased the whole show score to 8/10 cose of it.
Dec 1, 2012 1:10 PM

Sep 2012
I knew this would happen all along but just cant help to be sad.. Poor Suguha T.T

what a heartbreaking episode......

awesome voice-acting by Ayana!!
Dec 1, 2012 1:11 PM
Dec 2011
It is now at around the halfway point of LN vol 4, so this leaves 3 episodes left to cover the rest of the volume. The pacing should be similar to the episodes that covered vol 3 since vol 3 was covered in 6 episodes.

Can't wait to see the next episode because finally
Dec 1, 2012 1:14 PM

Aug 2009
AP24 said:
It is now at around the halfway point of LN vol 4, so this leaves 3 episodes left to cover the rest of the volume. The pacing should be similar to the episodes that covered vol 3 since vol 3 was covered in 6 episodes.

Can't wait to see the next episode because finally

I and others dont think that it will reach that part.Bonds is definitely for Sugu and Kazuto.The ep will either end with the
Dec 1, 2012 1:14 PM

Jun 2012
I really enjoyed the scene, Suguha realizing that Kirito is her brother and then their talk at home. You could really see Suguha's heart breaking. It was so awesome.
ChepriDec 1, 2012 4:45 PM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Dec 1, 2012 1:16 PM

Sep 2012
wow...uncomfortable moment episode x 9000

think someones already mentioned this in a previous discussion but now I can see it as Kirito really is an airhead net-gigolo.

all in all, episode wasn't too bad and I knew it would happen with the 2 cousins ending up finding out each others real identities, but having to actually see it was pretty cringe-worthy as regardless of whether their not blood-related or that cousins can date each other in Japan, to actually see Sugu spout love to Kirito was totally uncomfortable and not to my taste
..this space under construction...
Dec 1, 2012 1:21 PM
Feb 2009
holy shiet it just got real right here@@@
Dec 1, 2012 1:21 PM

Jun 2012
that fight was like a massive tribute to Asuka's fight in End of Evangelion...
Dec 1, 2012 1:26 PM

Oct 2012
I'm crying right now.
Nice episode, really liked the fight but found the way Sugu learned Kirito was her "brother" a little dissappointing

But then right after that... :'(
"But there's nothing wrong to worrying. It's like a wall you need to overcome, to make it to the next level. If you're running up against that wall, it means you're moving forward. I wonder how many walls I've broken up until now, but if you wont move yourself, you will never get anywhere." - Aiko Muto

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/PersonX&sclick=1]
Dec 1, 2012 1:35 PM

Nov 2012
Da f did i just watch all suddenly it was action then crying scene made me uncomfortable thinking all time hmmm
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2012 1:35 PM
Jun 2010
Omg is this amazing, fantastic, drama anime going to end at 25? It can't be happening this is a story like Amadeus of Gaul... So awesome so chivalric!
Dec 1, 2012 1:38 PM

Feb 2011
belatkuro said:
I wasn't expecting much from the fight but I'm still satisfied by what I saw. Most of them were how the LN described it, from blocking with his left arm to throwing one of the guardians to another and stabbing them. The animation was fluid but some shots were pretty weird. Oh well. inb4 why was his HP bar dropping slowly
And that Leafa/Sugu suffering, from the rescue attempt to the big revelation. Good performance by Taketatsu Ayana. inb4 forced drama and incest
So they ended it at that part. Should be good next time, though the episode after next should be that. Better prepare myself for that.

This ^^

Leaving that behind .. it was a really intense episode but i quite knew that he isn't gonna reach the top . 24 mins felt like nothing ...

bippo said:

You forgot the copypasta:
Dec 1, 2012 1:39 PM

May 2011
Good episode. Felt bad for Suguha. But the warning signs were there. Kirito/papa was always looking for "momma". doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out "momma" was most likely his lover/wife.

Kirito is one devoted lovesick puppy. plowing along like a possessed demon.

man, there's a lot of masochists watching this show.
Dec 1, 2012 1:41 PM

Nov 2009
transcendent12 said:
that fight was like a massive tribute to Asuka's fight in End of Evangelion...

I second this XD
Dec 1, 2012 1:54 PM
Apr 2010

If you didn't see ANY of that coming, you must not have any brain cells.
Seriously, this episode was pure MEH I just want to move on so it's done. Kirito was just raging from the patch troll, and Sugu's being... Sugu.

I just want this episode to be done with!
Dec 1, 2012 1:55 PM

Mar 2010
Suguha sure is an emotional roller coaster.. my god. I don't feel bad for her one bit. She's been a selfish brat the entire series. Also, how did Suguha not even realize who Kirito was before now? Same voice, identical hair/style. I mean..basically his chara sounds and looks just like him. AND did she literally -never- find out his name he used in SAO? It had to be in the paper or something, or heard by word of mouth..
Blah..
Dec 1, 2012 1:58 PM

Sep 2012
Hahahaha I laughed so hard. The end of the episode was so wonderful :)
Nice fight here. We got some tension.
Dec 1, 2012 1:59 PM

Oct 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
So when Kirito distanced himself from Sugu when he was little did he do it so he wouldn't get feelings for her?

No, what started it was when Suguha stood up to his grandfather protecting him. Being saved by his younger sister made Kirito feel both guilty and even more like a loser. His inferiority complex (aside from a natural talent for computers) is what drove him into the VR world and is still with him when in enters the real world (the ending should have a great scene about this). In many ways he is like Haru from Accel World, though less spherical in nature.

He also discovered that the people he thought was his mother and sister were actually his aunt and cousin, this revelation (which he took as a form of betrayal) propelled him further into his introverted cocoon.

Suguha on the other hand, has no idea why he pulled away. She thinks it has to do with him finding out he is her cousin, and a lot of her emotional state is due to her not being able to figure out where she stands with him.
Let me add to your negative of Kirito.....
.......About thee end, sadly it amounts to the following,

A curled up Suguha. F YOURSELF KIRITO! YOU RANKED DOWN MAN! You are a sore loser. Perhaps good to Asuna but a total jack shit towards Suguha. Way to fail on making a girl CRYING instead of SMILING! JERK!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 1, 2012 2:01 PM
Jan 2012
Poor SUGU >.<
Dec 1, 2012 2:05 PM

Jun 2010
The animation was fine this episode. Anyhow, I pity Kirito more than Suguha in this part. Kirito had a big big big problem and Suguha just added more into it. They did well in adapting this part.

InfiniteDestiny said:
it should be interesting to see how they pace the rest, really not looking forward to that
Yeah, that! It's inevitable but I hope they will not prolong that. I hope they don't slow down the pacing. I wanna see the scene where
Dec 1, 2012 2:07 PM

Nov 2012
Awesome episode! I thought with the awkwardness that would come along with piecing together this fragile moment of truth between Kirito and Sugu would cause them to drag it on in order to either avoid it or try to get the audience to really look through her perspective. Instead, they had Sugu dive right into it and we could really feel as if she were screaming those words at us and we're trying to read into some of the words, trying to make it as if she 'tried' to fall in love, didn't really fall in love with Kirito and so on.

Also, I think Kirito's rather half-composed "'I'm sorry" and rather casual body language wasn't all that realistic. Considering that his sister just confessed her love to him and his character in the game, I thought he'd be more torn by wanting to comfort her, apologize to her, and perhaps even be slightly disgusted by her as well as shocked and confused by what she's saying and what he's thinking. I expected a bigger reaction from him but one false move and I suppose he would become hated among the crowd so it is a wise move, in a way, that they merely had him slide down the wall with an unreadable face.

It also shows that in a way, he KNOWS he's rather guilty because he's been flirting with the Leafa in the game way too much such as biting her hand as a 'joke', taking any excuse to tough her, not noticing her obvious blushes and etc. I think he deserves whatever treatment he gets from Sugu the next episode (and I hope she delivers it nice and bitter!) and that he should man up and seriously acknowledge her feelings and respond in an appropriate manner (which is one he'll have to figure out himself in this situation).
Dec 1, 2012 2:07 PM

Oct 2012
I don't feel sorry for Kirito's sister at all, frankly she's weird. She's in love with he brother but she knows that wont work out so she tries to fall in love with some random online.

But more importantly the episode was good this week, the fight seen was great and the flashbacks of all the fights in the first game was good.
Dec 1, 2012 2:10 PM

Nov 2012
rul said:
I don't feel sorry for Kirito's sister at all, frankly she's weird. She's in love with he brother but she knows that wont work out so she tries to fall in love with some random online..

Well it's not like Kirito's been all loyal to Asuna either. Whether or not Sugu was Leafa, he still led Leafa on too and I would even go as far as to say he led his own sister on at rare occasions.
Dec 1, 2012 2:20 PM

Jul 2012
EPIC!! Best episode so far!!
Dec 1, 2012 2:22 PM

Nov 2012
MoonFox said:
Suguha sure is an emotional roller coaster.. my god. I don't feel bad for her one bit. She's been a selfish brat the entire series. Also, how did Suguha not even realize who Kirito was before now? Same voice, identical hair/style. I mean..basically his chara sounds and looks just like him. AND did she literally -never- find out his name he used in SAO? It had to be in the paper or something, or heard by word of mouth..
Blah..

She was NOT a selfish brat. She couldn't have completely confirmed it was her brother because 1. There would be a lot of Kirito-s because his name would be in the paper and etc. so Kirito couldn't have been the only one using that name 2. Voice can change, it's an online character 3. She probably saw some similartiies but that might be why she was falling in love with this new character and thought 'oh okay so I don't love my brother now that I've found someone like him' or something along those lines so she never really pieced it together properly. 4. Kirito flirts like crazy with Leafa whereas in real life he's more toned down and doing 'brotherly pranks'. Not many sisters see their brother's flirtatious sides and that's why she probably couldn't recognize his personality to be the exact same because he treated her differently. She's never seen or had her own brother flirt with her so of course she couldn't have been like "Oh yeah, my brother bites my hand all the time as a joke and uses any excuse to touch me in real life too! This must be him".
Dec 1, 2012 2:24 PM

Oct 2007
Yumekichi11 said:

A curled up Suguha. F YOURSELF KIRITO! YOU RANKED DOWN MAN! You are a sore loser. Perhaps good to Asuna but a total jack shit towards Suguha. Way to fail on making a girl CRYING instead of SMILING! JERK!

To be honest, I don't see how this was Kirito's fault at all. Just a kid feeling sorry for herself, nothing to see here... Carry on.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Dec 1, 2012 2:27 PM

Oct 2012
Man, I feel so stupefied right now. This whole time, I could of sworn Sugu knew that was Kirito.

How did I not know earlier that Sugu didn't know it was Kirito??

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 1, 2012 2:28 PM

Feb 2012
Logax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

To be honest, I don't see how this was Kirito's fault at all. Just a kid feeling sorry for herself, nothing to see here... Carry on.

This gal got a point! What should Kirito have done? Given up his Waifu Asuna, go in to sugu's room and put his penor in her vagnalor?
Dec 1, 2012 2:30 PM
Sep 2012
Scoops said:
Logax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

This gal got a point! What should Kirito have done? Given up his Waifu Asuna, go in to sugu's room and put his penor in her vagnalor?
I lol'd at the way you put that.
Dec 1, 2012 2:34 PM

Nov 2012
Kurogashi said:
well on the bright side, she has a brother who's so cool that you can fall in love with him twice bwhaha

I wish I could thumbs you up but your profile pic already does it for me :P way to look on the bright side lol
Dec 1, 2012 2:34 PM

Mar 2008
So Kirito ended up breaking Suguha's heart, not once, but twice. Damn too sad. Poor Suguha.
Dec 1, 2012 2:36 PM

Jul 2012
Scoops said:
put his penor in her vagnalor?

I'll use this phrase someday
Dec 1, 2012 2:36 PM

Oct 2010
Logax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Let's see. First of all failed in doing anything psychologically to help her emotionally.

Failed at supporting her and just standing there like a lifeless zombie glooming over her sadness.

Last but not least a failed human being at comforting others.

DOES THAT HELP?

Try to reject those.

Dec 1, 2012 2:38 PM

Mar 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Logax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Let's see. First of all failed in doing anything psychologically to help her emotionally.

Failed at supporting her and just standing there like a lifeless zombie glooming over her sadness.

DOES THAT HELP?

Try to reject those.

Kirito screwed up big time this time. One of the only times we'll see that.
Dec 1, 2012 2:39 PM

Nov 2012
ihateeveryone said:
Sucks for you, whore.

How the hell is she a whore? Kirito was the flirt of the two and therefore more likely to be called a slut than her.
Dec 1, 2012 2:39 PM

Oct 2010
Scoops said:
Logax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

NO SILLY! He should have psychologically supported her! He should have forced to take her out and try to have some fun. He could have taken her into a arcade. F THAT! WTF IS ONE HUG?????? There you go. AND NO! NO! Sex is not needed less it is done. Sadly the creator will not do that.
AiCon said:
Scoops said:
Logax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I lol'd at the way you put that.
Surely it's funny but sexually Kirito is FAR FAR from:
http://myanimelist.net/character/3358/Makoto_Itou
let's leave it at that.
razisgosu said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Logax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

DOES THAT HELP?

Try to reject those.

Kirito screwed up big time this time. One of the only times we'll see that.
Hopefully he should have not for it will leave only somewhat of a mental scar on Suguha.

certainly the intensity leaves so to think of her brain being like that. Since it's chemically propelled, could be bad if something is not done to reverse this somehow. MAKE HER MOVE ON!

Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

59 by SaveStyle »»
12 hours ago

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

67 by TwigzLIVE »»
Yesterday, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.