Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2012 6:39 PM

Aug 2011
hydroscarlet said:
It was rather an emotional and fast paced episode. I didnt like how it ended the episode x.x Why do they want to stop there....

Because cliffhanger derp?
Dec 1, 2012 7:12 PM

Nov 2011
So happy sugu finally found out. Hopefully she will get off kirito's nuts.... kirito x asuna all day.
Dec 1, 2012 7:17 PM

Aug 2012
Dat sad face of sugu :( but that nice fight to the death - kiritoxasuna :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2012 7:18 PM

Apr 2012
lol @ the end
Dec 1, 2012 7:39 PM

Aug 2011
SUGUHA. GURL. EVEN IF YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR YOUR FLIPPING BROTHER OR COUSIN OR WHATEVER, DON'T TELL HIM THAT. THAT'S LIKE LESSON ONE OF NOT BEING AWKWARD IN LIFE.
Dec 1, 2012 7:44 PM

Apr 2011
How the hell did she NOT know it was Kirito. When him and his avatar look the same. Hell, she could have thought "hmmm, this person that I'm traveling with looks a lot like my sexy ex-brother."
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Dec 1, 2012 7:56 PM

Nov 2012
Well that was an insanely interesting episode!!!! Well it was inevitable for Sugu to get heartbroken after finding out the truth behind Kirito, it doesnt make seeing it any less harder. Only 3 more episodes! dammit..., cannot wait for season 2! Lastly I'll say: atleast SAO knows how to do drama, unlike crap like Shitsekai Yaoi. Thank god A-1 pictures knows what anime to do right and wch ones to leave as shit.
Dec 1, 2012 8:10 PM

Jun 2008
rishardew said:
BossLuffy said:
How the hell did she NOT know it was Kirito. When him and his avatar look the same. Hell, she could have thought "hmmm, this person that I'm traveling with looks a lot like my sexy ex-brother."
^ This.

Well, that was intense. Looking foward the next episode, it's almost over.

AS explained in the past, Before anything, Suguha does not know that Kazuto is playing VRMMO again. That fact alone never made Suguha question who Kirito is and think about any similarity.

and I can safely assume that She even disregard the fact that Kirto looks like Kazuto, because in her head it's impossible for Kazuto to return to a VRMMO after the SAO incident.

And Kazuto never once mentioned he's playing a VRMMO in this whole arc.
kaimaxDec 1, 2012 8:17 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 1, 2012 8:11 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode I reckon, anyone who has read the manga will know it picks up decently well here for a decent finishing to the ARC.

was a bit sluggish up till now, but we'll see ! not long now.
Dec 1, 2012 8:28 PM

Nov 2012
i think the current kirito is now out of character, before at SAO, he thinks before he act, not like this episode, he always gear up before entering dungeons, i think kirito must wait for the reinforcements from the other clans and think a proper plan to finish to grand quest.

i feel really sad for suguchan, if you want a hug ill give ya <3

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 1, 2012 8:29 PM
Oct 2012
pandoras_wrath said:
i couldn't stop laughing its was so bad i wanted to see that would happen and it was amazing lol shes so stupid not finding out that the person looked and had the same name has her "brother" overall it was a good episode only 3 left =(

Remember that kirito is not his real name. It is kirigaya Kazuto. So he basically used the first of his last name and the last bit of his first name. If people did that, it could easily be anyone. Also remember that not much information about the events in SAO was released to the public, so suguha wouldnt know of the name kirito or what he did in SAO for two years
Dec 1, 2012 8:30 PM

Oct 2012
The fight was okay... The plot was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

"I know it's impossible, but I must do it!! Every moment that I stand around is a moment where I could devise a clear strategy I could be running into an invisible barrier!!!"
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 1, 2012 8:32 PM

Nov 2012
itsvero said:
SUGUHA. GURL. EVEN IF YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR YOUR FLIPPING BROTHER OR COUSIN OR WHATEVER, DON'T TELL HIM THAT. THAT'S LIKE LESSON ONE OF NOT BEING AWKWARD IN LIFE.

i think she really kept it within her, but the moment she knew that they weren't real siblings, tadaaaa incest level up XD

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 1, 2012 8:40 PM

Nov 2012
nhaz999 said:
itsvero said:

i think she really kept it within her, but the moment she knew that they weren't real siblings, tadaaaa incest level up XD

Incest is wincest! Oh Japan, how you never fail to amaze me! LMAO!
Dec 1, 2012 8:41 PM

May 2011
Sugu :( why don't you just end up with Recon inst!!
Dec 1, 2012 9:00 PM
May 2009
that was 1 of the most entetaining and spectacular crash and burns ive ever seen.....

/ovation

bravo kirito, you deserve it

also am i the only person who thought sugu was going to vomit in game when she found out it was her brother?
Dec 1, 2012 9:00 PM

Dec 2011
I love both Suguha and Asuna...they both have their own charms and just 3 episodes left until the end
Dec 1, 2012 9:07 PM
Oct 2009
omg Sugu is so self-centered or something. Sure it's disappointing that her online crush turns out to be her brother who is in love with someone else, but it's not like Kirito did anything wrong.
And why the Hell does Kirito insist to do everything on his own this time? It's not like Leafa would die for real if they go together into the world tree. Doesn't she have healing spells? This episode made no sense to me (and I'm not one of the haters. I'm one of the fans, but seriously this made no sense).
At least there was a cool fight scene, and finally Sugu found out about Kirito's identity (really, it was about time.)
Dec 1, 2012 9:20 PM

Jul 2010
wow. that was some stupid love drama. and Kirito is definitely acting like an emo-teenager.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Dec 1, 2012 9:22 PM

Aug 2012
Laughed pretty hard at the Sugu scene. Been bored since episode 15 though, things are starting too look a bit better however.
[url=myanimelist.net/profile/Stocky[/url]

My precious BB Code :(
Dec 1, 2012 9:33 PM

Sep 2008
A good solid episode, much better than the rest of the episodes in ALO. Suguha finally found out that Kirito in game is actually her brother in real world, just when the name "Asuna" got slipped fro Kirito's mouth.

BossLuffy said:

Firstly, Suguha thought her brother gave up on VMMORPG, due to what he has experienced in 2 years.
Secondly, Suguha doubt Kirito resembles her brother, as she and Leafa don't look alike at all.
ShoutaAzumaDec 1, 2012 9:36 PM
Dec 1, 2012 9:35 PM

Feb 2010
I thought this was a great episode, the fight was just how I pictured it.
Dec 1, 2012 9:37 PM

Jun 2008
AmberFebruary said:
wow. that was some stupid love drama. and Kirito is definitely acting like an emo-teenager.

Well he is an emo teenager? what did you expect.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 1, 2012 9:46 PM

Nov 2008
At first I did feel a little sorry for Suguha, but afterwards, I was just like...are you freaking serious. How the hell is it Kirito's fault that she ended up having feelings for him...and trying to run away from those feelings falling in love with him in the game.

She can feel sad all she wants that her feelings aren't reciprocated, but Kirito is not at fault. He sees her as a sister and that's that, and if she decided to see him in a different way or started seeing him in a different way, then its not his fault. I just feel like she was blaming him for her developing feelings, when he was just treating her as a sister.

Anyways, I really loved that scene where Asuna, Kirito, and Yui were touching that card, is as close a reunion I've gotten so far, so I'll take it until the real reunion comes : )

Which I'm looking forward to lot.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Dec 1, 2012 9:49 PM
Sep 2012
SephiriAzure said:
At first I did feel a little sorry for Suguha, but afterwards, I was just like...are you freaking serious. How the hell is it Kirito's fault that she ended up having feelings for him...and trying to run away from those feelings falling in love with him in the game.

She can feel sad all she wants that her feelings aren't reciprocated, but Kirito is not at fault. He sees her as a sister and that's that, and if she decided to see him in a different way or started seeing him in a different way, then its not his fault. I just feel like she was blaming him for her developing feelings, when he was just treating her as a sister.

Anyways, I really loved that scene where Asuna, Kirito, and Yui were touching that card, is as close a reunion I've gotten so far, so I'll take it until the real reunion comes : )

She wasn't mad at Kirito. She was frustrated that when she finally thought that she had moved on from Kirito, that happened.
Dec 1, 2012 9:57 PM

Nov 2012
AiCon said:
SephiriAzure said:

She wasn't mad at Kirito. She was frustrated that when she finally thought that she had moved on from Kirito, that happened.

^ Pretty much this. (cant believe I'm agreeing with you on something lol). She had prepared her heart to give up on him cuz she had fallen in love with the Kirito in game. When she found out the two of them were one in the same, that was the breaking point of all the emotions she had bottled up inside.
Dec 1, 2012 10:02 PM
Apr 2011
Each passing episode feels worse than the last one. This anime should have ended as soon as Kirito got out of SAO and was walking down the hospital hallway. Back then it was still 9/10 quality (maybe).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2012 10:04 PM
Sep 2012
Naxrrhid said:
AiCon said:
SephiriAzure said:

^ Pretty much this. (cant believe I'm agreeing with you on something lol). She had prepared her heart to give up on him cuz she had fallen in love with the Kirito in game. When she found out the two of them were one in the same, that was the breaking point of all the emotions she had bottled up inside.
I have more respect for her since it took a lot to confess everything in the open like that to Kirito so soon after finding out the truth.

You do know that the yaoi in Shinsekai yori hasn't appeared since episode 8. It's safe to come back now Naxrrhid. The BL monster won't bite. LOL
Dec 1, 2012 10:16 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was pretty much a 14 Min episode. Skipped all that bs with Sugu.
Dec 1, 2012 10:18 PM
Oct 2010
katsucats said:
The fight was okay... The plot was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

"I know it's impossible, but I must do it!! Every moment that I stand around is a moment where I could devise a clear strategy I could be running into an invisible barrier!!!"
Maybe flying like a bird means thinking like a bird >.> ... you know, like those that try again and again to enter a building through a closed window.
kaimax said:
AmberFebruary said:
Well he is an emo teenager? what did you expect.
Lulz
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 1, 2012 10:21 PM

Nov 2012
AiCon said:
Naxrrhid said:
AiCon said:
SephiriAzure said:

I have more respect for her since it took a lot to confess everything in the open like that to Kirito so soon after finding out the truth.

You do know that the yaoi in Shinsekai yori hasn't appeared since episode 8. It's safe to come back now Naxrrhid. The BL monster won't bite. LOL

I on the other hand have little respect for Sugu. The way she treated that other dude, Recon was it(?) pissed me off. It was clear he loves her, yet she ignores him for wincest lol...., oh Japan!

@Aicon: Shinsekai
Dec 1, 2012 10:22 PM

Jan 2011
AiCon said:
Naxrrhid said:
AiCon said:
SephiriAzure said:

Feeling kinda sad for Sugu and I really don't blame her for causing the whole drama... (Well, she is one of my favourite char after all)
She could probably be upset that Kirito's too fking obsessed with Asuna... He did try to solo everything in the World Tree just for Asuna.
Can't wait to see how this gets resolved.

That aside, the fight scene was very nice though the quality was rather bad, just like almost all the other fight scenes in ALO.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Dec 1, 2012 10:26 PM

Jun 2010
Dunno why, but Kirito fighting scene always made me chilled up.. Everything is just perfect for a fighting scene from illustration, voice, and Soundtrack
Now, I've been waiting for like 1,5 months for Sugu to know that Kirito is her brother..
Finally.. But It feels kinda sad too when your heart is broken twice in a row by the exactly same person
Dec 1, 2012 10:28 PM
Sep 2012
Naxrrhid said:
AiCon said:
Naxrrhid said:
AiCon said:
SephiriAzure said:

I on the other hand have little respect for Sugu. The way she treated that other dude, Recon was it(?) pissed me off. It was clear he loves her, yet she ignores him for wincest lol...., oh Japan!

@Aicon: Shinsekai
Recon sort of deserved a little of what he got since he was calling her by her first name (something considered intimate and only done by family or lovers). Also, Suguha didn't know that it was her brother she fell in love with so it isn't like she ditched Recon for her brother.
Dec 1, 2012 10:31 PM

Nov 2012
Archlyte said:
Dunno why, but Kirito fighting scene always made me chilled up.. Everything is just perfect for a fighting scene from illustration, voice, and Soundtrack
Now, I've been waiting for like 1,5 months for Sugu to know that Kirito is her brother..
Finally.. But It feels kinda sad too when your heart is broken twice in a row by the exactly same person

Yea, Kirito's fighting does the same feeling to mex) I especially liked that flash back from his previous adventuresx)

I feel so bad for Sugu:( She didn't do anything wrong and now she is in so much emotional painq.q
Dec 1, 2012 10:34 PM

Sep 2012
Oh my this episode was by far the funniest. LOL at Suguha confessing her love and her love complications to Kirito, I mean why does Suguha even like him? I mean he was unconcious for the past 2 years.

Why haven't they even shown the villain of the series? Sugou needs more appearances.
Dec 1, 2012 10:35 PM

Nov 2012
AiCon said:
Recon sort of deserved a little of what he got since he was calling her by her first name (something considered intimate and only done by family or lovers). Also, Suguha didn't know that it was her brother she fell in love with so it isn't like she ditched Recon for her brother.

From what i understand about their relationship..., going by first names should be normal for them now (could never understand why first names were such a big deal, if ppl called me by my last name all the time it would be weird). They are classmates and have been 'together' for a while. It is clear Recon loves her and she does show signs of having feelings for him. I fail to see how he deserved to be treated like that when its kinda implied he and Sugu were always together before Kirito showed up.
Dec 1, 2012 10:41 PM
Sep 2012
Naxrrhid said:
AiCon said:

From what i understand about their relationship..., going by first names should be normal for them now (could never understand why first names were such a big deal, if ppl called me by my last name all the time it would be weird). They are classmates and have been 'together' for a while. It is clear Recon loves her and she does show signs of having feelings for him. I fail to see how he deserved to be treated like that when its kinda implied he and Sugu were always together before Kirito showed up.
In Japan and a few other Asian countries, it's the other way around. It doesn't matter how long they've known each other, what matters is how close they are with each other. If Suguha let Recon call her by her first name then it would imply that they were in a serious relationship - boyfriend/girlfriend. The fact that Recon would even try to call her that deserved a yelling by Suguha since she has no intention at all of ever dating Recon.
Dec 1, 2012 10:41 PM

May 2010
Well the emotion were high on this one, bout time she finally found out, no let the "???????" skill happen already, also the dude was going Ham and cheese sandwich on em till he got snipe out of the sky.

Sugu Heart broken not once but twice mental scare right there.
Dec 1, 2012 10:43 PM

Feb 2009
Naxrrhid said:
It's a Japanese thing. Going by first-name basis is a sign of closeness to Japanese. That's why Suguha is against to Recon calling her by her first name as they're not really that close.
Sure they're part of the same race but that doesn't mean he's allowed to called her by her first name.
In the first place, Suguha just approached Recon because she wanted to ask him what VR game can be played easily without much time investment in it. And Recon suggested ALO.
Dec 1, 2012 10:44 PM

Aug 2012
nhaz999 said:
i think the current kirito is now out of character, before at SAO, he thinks before he act, not like this episode, he always gear up before entering dungeons, i think kirito must wait for the reinforcements from the other clans and think a proper plan to finish to grand quest.

i feel really sad for suguchan, if you want a hug ill give ya <3

Well i think that hes just really desperately wants to meet Asuna, imean he is stressed on time if he wants to get her back before the marriage with Sugou - also, i think he kinda just wants to do it by himself too ... He is a loner, also, he was a beater in SAO and maybe cause he had the advantage then, then he thinks he can do it again in ALO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2012 10:46 PM

Jul 2012
Finally it picks up ALO has been kinda a let down the only two things that intrigued me was Kirito's beast form and that fight he had with the strongest guy on the server.

Man who knew playing such games had such adverse effects and could cause one such drama in their personal lives?? I did... I don't care who stuck in that game (except my mom or bother) but still I personally would not step into another virtual reality after the effects it had IRL, becoming ill thinned etc.
Lol anyways I loved how Kirito dragged that monsters head down and slashed it off dude was determined but we see that a lot in anime no surprise there still badass though.
Sugu part is nothing revolutionary in anime it's always been this way if the MC has a sister you better believe their not related lol smh
Sugu has a better bod than Asuna just sayin lol
Amon-RawDec 1, 2012 10:50 PM
Dec 1, 2012 10:47 PM

Nov 2012
AiCon said:
Naxrrhid said:
AiCon said:

In Japan and a few other Asian countries, it's the other way around. It doesn't matter how long they've known each other, what matters is how close they are with each other. If Suguha let Recon call her by her first name then it would imply that they were in a serious relationship - boyfriend/girlfriend. The fact that Recon would even try to call her that deserved a yelling by Suguha since she has no intention at all of ever dating Recon.

This is where i get confused. I have watched lots of anime where first names are used after just one conversation between individuals. I understand what you mean about using first names indicating a level of closeness but that doesnt seem to be the case everytime.

Recon getting abused aside..., the way she just tossed him aside as soon as Kirito showed up pissed me off about her character, so feeling any kind of sympathy for her is impossible lol. She got what she deserved! lol
Dec 1, 2012 10:50 PM

Jan 2010
Well, I like Suguha a lot but when did she start playing the game fully clothed?

I think Kirito needs a trip to the woodshed after his persistent cluelessness. I dunno what he's doing leaning against the door listening to her cry.

She's confused and hurting now. Will she become a stoic, and help Kirito win fair Asuna back?

The fight scenes were pretty lame, which is typical for this show. I'm not sure what I'm hoping will happen next but I hope the weaselly Recon doesn't slither back into the picture.

I wonder if Suguha's seiyuu gets teased about her roles by the other seiyuu. But I think she's doing a good job with a pretty tense role.
Dec 1, 2012 10:50 PM

Aug 2012
Suzie said:
omg Sugu is so self-centered or something. Sure it's disappointing that her online crush turns out to be her brother who is in love with someone else, but it's not like Kirito did anything wrong.
And why the Hell does Kirito insist to do everything on his own this time? It's not like Leafa would die for real if they go together into the world tree. Doesn't she have healing spells? This episode made no sense to me (and I'm not one of the haters. I'm one of the fans, but seriously this made no sense).
At least there was a cool fight scene, and finally Sugu found out about Kirito's identity (really, it was about time.)

Hmm.... Id say that because of how he feels about deaths to those close to him, he didnt want to bring Leafa with him because if she died he wouldve felt bad (even if not for real) because as he said "i will not let any of my team members/party members die" or did he say friends ... Anyway, thr point is he probably didnt want her to die and she wouldve dragged him down (he probably thinks) because he would sacrifice his life for her
Dec 1, 2012 10:52 PM
Sep 2012
Naxrrhid said:
AiCon said:
Naxrrhid said:
AiCon said:

This is where i get confused. I have watched lots of anime where first names are used after just one conversation between individuals. I understand what you mean about using first names indicating a level of closeness but that doesnt seem to be the case everytime.

Recon getting abused aside..., the way she just tossed him aside as soon as Kirito showed up pissed me off about her character, so feeling any kind of sympathy for her is impossible lol. She got what she deserved! lol
Some people don't care, but what I said above is the norm in Japan.

It wasn't the first time that Recon has called Suguha by her first name which is why she scolded him about it. It's Recon's fault for insisting on doing that after he's been warned.
Dec 1, 2012 10:54 PM

Jul 2012
Mockman said:
Well, I like Suguha a lot but when did she start playing the game fully clothed?

I think Kirito needs a trip to the woodshed after his persistent cluelessness. I dunno what he's doing leaning against the door listening to her cry.

She's confused and hurting now. Will she become a stoic, and help Kirito win fair Asuna back?

The fight scenes were pretty lame, which is typical for this show. I'm not sure what I'm hoping will happen next but I hope the weaselly Recon doesn't slither back into the picture.

Lmao Idk what the hell he's doing listening to her cry it's not like he's trying to comfort her either...might as well leave
Ya I learned to give the show credit for fights scenes because it's been worse remember the final boss in sword art online arc still pics...that was bad
So this is as good as it gets in this show
Dec 1, 2012 11:12 PM

Jan 2010
Amon-Raw said:
Mockman said:

Lmao Idk what the hell he's doing listening to her cry it's not like he's trying to comfort her either...might as well leave
Ya I learned to give the show credit for fights scenes because it's been worse remember the final boss in sword art online arc still pics...that was bad
So this is as good as it gets in this show

Crap, I'd forgotten that. And most of the backgrounds looked like they were made to be easy to 'animate'.
Dec 1, 2012 11:15 PM

Sep 2012
Amon-Raw said:

It increases his power level. Every girl in the show falls in love with him and he is the most powerful thing in the online universe. Coincidence I think not.
Dec 1, 2012 11:22 PM

Jul 2012
RivalVinyl said:
Amon-Raw said:

It increases his power level. Every girl in the show falls in love with him and he is the most powerful thing in the online universe. Coincidence I think not.
RivalVinyl said:
Amon-Raw said:

Lmao....wait you must be right...no wonder we never see him level up
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Yesterday

50 by holo-simp »»
1 hour ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Yesterday

55 by hi777 »»
Yesterday, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.